HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2012, 09:21 AM
KyGuy9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Can Shoenmakers go back to the Spits then? Because otherwise why should the Spits have to pay more? Petes could trade him to recoup some value.
I think then the Petes might have to give Schoenmakers RIGHTS back, but not neccesarily returning to the Spits. And if the Spits just traded him, what makes anyone think he would want to come back? But who knows, maybe the Petes would keep him AND ask for compensation? I am not sure on that. And from the article, it said "The Petes want to see if Schoenmakers will report before asking the Spits for compensation" But hey, if Schoe would guarentee come back I would give the Petes like a 3-7th rounder in compensation! I'll try and get the article link later.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:24 AM
KyGuy9

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
That's bs if Peterborough thinks the Spits owe them something. It was common for players not to show up in Windsor after a trade back in the day, then the Spits would usually flip that player to Plymouth/Detroit for a song......

Too much standing around watching again tonight from my stand point of the Spits performance. They really need some players who want that puck and will battle for it. It's great Kirby is putting up numbers garbage picking but you can't have half the team doing that. Ho-Sang and Sieloff played their guts out tonight.

I had much higher hopes for many on this team but they are just to soft and like I keep saying don't skate and hesitate. Basically were beaten by the Rangers B team tonight.

Very good points, both about the game and the trade. It really is BS if the Petes want Schoe's rights, Devlin AND some sort of compensation.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:30 AM
KyGuy9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
As long as they don't send Devlin back i don't care what the Pete's do. I don't know how obligated we would be to provide compensation after the fact however, that sounds a bit greasy. If a kid goes home on a team that should be their problem.
Haha, I agree with the top part! Trevor Murphy IMHO is a big upgrade over Devlin, and a hometown kid. It was basically a swap of Devlin for Murphy, so I like that part of the trade. Plus Murphy's a year younger.

Very good points though. I don't see how it's our problem, especially because the trade was made without conditions. The Petes didn't do their homework and see if Shoe would report. The Petes must have thought he was for sure coming.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:42 AM
KyGuy9

Spits HAVE to win against Ottawa on Sunday at home. They are missing their top star Sean Monahan from a suspention, and their only threat is Cody Ceci. Their goaltending is below average, with Clint Windsor as their #1 and their backup I dont even know who. Big game.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:54 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
Spits HAVE to win against Ottawa on Sunday at home. They are missing their top star Sean Monahan from a suspention, and their only threat is Cody Ceci. Their goaltending is below average, with Clint Windsor as their #1 and their backup I dont even know who. Big game.
Certainly Sundays game is one the Spits should win and must win. They've just come off (2) games against top teams losing both but hanging in both until the end. Ottawa is a poor team 2nd last in the Eastern Conference while the Spits are 3rd last in the Western Conference. The starting goalies Pavelka (GAA 3.24) & Windsor (GAA 3.60) are middle of the pack in ability. It wouldn't surprise me if both use their backups DeKort & Blair. Rumors in the Ottawa Citizen speculate that the 67's may soon deal a number of their better players....mostly 93's inc Ceci (D),Grovac (C),Janes (LW), & Giftopolous (LW) as well as 92 O/A import Cajkovsky (D).....You can bet that if they do blow it up there will be a lineup for some of these vets. The Spits certainly don't have the draft picks needed to get in on these guys if they do become available and as 93's you'd like to get a guy who'd be back as an O/A...

Old
12-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Ottomatic

Johnson and Marchese - both struggling to find the back of the net are put with Ho-Sang and both score. Coincidence? Or maybe proof that the Spits need to bring in another offensive creator at any cost to center our second scoring line (or our first, with Josh dropping down). Because you know Ho-Sang will be put back with Kerby because Kerby needs his goals to go high in the draft.

Old
12-01-2012, 01:46 PM
KnightSpit

Windsor D and other things

Wow

The Windsor D, in some instance just seems to get pushed around. IMO you should not have any D, under 6ft, at any age. Part of D, is the intimdiation factor, I mean palyer like Ellis, who still has yet to really make the Show, and Rafalski, from New Jersey are just so rare.

Thought that Maletta, Ho Sang and Marcheese, looked good las night and that was a beautiful highlight goal they got. As bad as the Spits D can be, just be thankful it is not Erie. They are giving up almost 50 shots every game. McDavid could get 3 goals every game and they would still lose.

Old
12-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Ottomatic

Looking at Khokhlachev's Moscow Spartak scoring - http://en.khl.ru/players/15860/ he's getting 13 minutes of icetime a game/17 shifts. He only has 5 points in 23 games to show for it as of now.

If he came back in January, he'd then be able to head to the Bruins AHL team once we were eliminated from the play-offs, though with the stacked teams due to the lockout they might not have a spot for him, but he could practice with them at least.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Section103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
If he came back in January, he'd then be able to head to the Bruins AHL team once we were eliminated from the play-offs
If that's what you believe, then what's the point?

Old
12-01-2012, 10:32 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Wow

The Windsor D, in some instance just seems to get pushed around. IMO you should not have any D, under 6ft, at any age. Part of D, is the intimdiation factor, I mean palyer like Ellis, who still has yet to really make the Show, and Rafalski, from New Jersey are just so rare.

Thought that Maletta, Ho Sang and Marcheese, looked good las night and that was a beautiful highlight goal they got. As bad as the Spits D can be, just be thankful it is not Erie. They are giving up almost 50 shots every game. McDavid could get 3 goals every game and they would still lose.
If you want intimidating from the blue line look no further than Mr. Sieloff. If we're small and pushed around somewhat at times, it's at least partially balanced by having easily the best body checking defenceman in the league. Sieloff makes it a feat of courage to enter his zone. Don't take my word for it, it's all over youtube I'm sure. We were also missing Sanvido, the behemoth rookie who's played so well for us prior to being suspended. I don't think it's a surprise that our defence is pushed around a bit more with him out of the lineup.

Last night was all about Ho Sang man, that kid is absolute dynamite. He's what Domi wishes he could be some day if, he practiced enough and drank his milk. As somebody suggested earlier, once he gets his shot to an elite level he's going to be so scary. People say he holds onto the puck too much, and maybe he does, but he really isn't a cough up wizard like Kadri or anything like that, in my opinion. A lot of the time he holds onto it and makes something happen, so I'll live with it. Every time I see him play I like the kid more. It's too bad all this losing takes the shine away from him a bit, he's special.

Old
12-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Section103

Quote:
Last night was all about Ho Sang man, that kid is absolute dynamite. He's what Domi wishes he could be some day if, he practiced enough and drank his milk. As somebody suggested earlier, once he gets his shot to an elite level he's going to be so scary. People say he holds onto the puck too much, and maybe he does, but he really isn't a cough up wizard like Kadri or anything like that, in my opinion. A lot of the time he holds onto it and makes something happen, so I'll live with it. Every time I see him play I like the kid more. It's too bad all this losing takes the shine away from him a bit, he's special.
Well said. Ho-Sang is going to be a beast in this league... and beyond

Old
12-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Sec108

Very well said jughead.Ho Sang is fun to watch makes you think of Hall when he flys up the wing and Seiloff is close to an NHL D man as you can get.His feistyness isnt for the meek OHL of today.He is truly a throwback to old time hockey when you had to be a man to play in the O and keep your head up, now all you need is a too too, thx to Branch and his cronies.

Old
12-02-2012, 09:00 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Very well said jughead.Ho Sang is fun to watch makes you think of Hall when he flys up the wing and Seiloff is close to an NHL D man as you can get.His feistyness isnt for the meek OHL of today.He is truly a throwback to old time hockey when you had to be a man to play in the O and keep your head up, now all you need is a too too, thx to Branch and his cronies.
ho sang is better as a 16 year old than kerby was ....just wait till the under 17 when mcdavid and ho sang flying out there .......not many years u get real good 16 yr old but good 16 year olds that are among the best players on their team .....ho sang could be leading the spits in scoring if some of the players he played with finished better earlier in the year
koko would have a ball with ho sang

Old
12-02-2012, 10:15 AM
KyGuy9

Quote:
If you want intimidating from the blue line look no further than Mr. Sieloff. If we're small and pushed around somewhat at times, it's at least partially balanced by having easily the best body checking defenceman in the league. Sieloff makes it a feat of courage to enter his zone. Don't take my word for it, it's all over youtube I'm sure. We were also missing Sanvido, the behemoth rookie who's played so well for us prior to being suspended. I don't think it's a surprise that our defence is pushed around a bit more with him out of the lineup.

Very good points! I actually think Josh is a better than Hall when he was 16. Passing ability guarenteed better at this age. Remember, Hall had Josh Bailey, Ryan Ellis, Adam Henrique, etc. and better linemates than Ho-Sang. Everyone in the WFCU gets on their feet when seeing Josh go behind our net and goes end to end. He usually creates a play, Too, as you said. To see him with McDavid, Ekblad, etc. at the Under 17's, I think Ontario is going to win the tournament. Oh, and on a side note, if you are going to the game today be sure to get your free Spits Calender!!

Old
12-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
Very good points! I actually think Josh is a better than Hall when he was 16. Passing ability guarenteed better at this age. Remember, Hall had Josh Bailey, Ryan Ellis, Adam Henrique, etc. and better linemates than Ho-Sang. Everyone in the WFCU gets on their feet when seeing Josh go behind our net and goes end to end. He usually creates a play, Too, as you said. To see him with McDavid, Ekblad, etc. at the Under 17's, I think Ontario is going to win the tournament. Oh, and on a side note, if you are going to the game today be sure to get your free Spits Calender!!
The spits were just as bad tho when hall was a rookie and hall had 85 points AND 45 Goals not sure you remember hallsy to well, HoSang is good but saying he's further then hall was when he was 16 is a stretch.

Old
12-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Spitsfan67*

The spits better win this game, its there 3rd game in two and half days and I mean teams have been walking all over this team with there horrid goaltending and especially without Monahan...if they don't there has to be some trades done it should be the last straw...I wonder if Ottawa will come in with a fire under them or with just no confidence after there 10-3 thumping.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:17 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
The spits were just as bad tho when hall was a rookie and hall had 85 points AND 45 Goals not sure you remember hallsy to well, HoSang is good but saying he's further then hall was when he was 16 is a stretch.
Huh? How were the Spits just as bad? They had 94 points and were third in the Conference.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Spitsfan67*

They were that good because of hall and Ellis having unreal rookie seasons,if Johnson and meletta were going good this year they would be 3-5 right now in my opinion.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:25 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
The spits better win this game, its there 3rd game in two and half days and I mean teams have been walking all over this team with there horrid goaltending and especially without Monahan...if they don't there has to be some trades done it should be the last straw...I wonder if Ottawa will come in with a fire under them or with just no confidence after there 10-3 thumping.
I have to agree. If the Spits can't beat the 67's and beat them decisively you can/should expect a major move by WR in the next couple of days. (Ottawa is in the middle of a 9 game road trip) I'm expecting WR to be scouting this game today. Ottawa is rumored to be close to moving some vets and starting to rebuild and we sure could use some scoring. Just a guess on my part but I expect the game to be a high scoring affair.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:47 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far with the praise of Ho-Sang. Domi is still top 10 in OHL points. Ho-Sang is 9th in rookie scoring and this isn't a knock on him but I can't criticize Domi when Ho-Sang isn't lighting it up for rookies. Ho-Sang has had a decent year so far I am sure the organization expected a bit more out of him but he's ok. It's ok to say he hangs onto the puck too long considering there have been many times dangling with the puck and puts guys offside. He's a high risk and high reward guy that hasn't changed. My only concern is that it might be tough to get Ho-Sang to buy in completely if the team struggles. Hall was very similar at 16 but he bought in quickly because the team was successful and he had no choice but to fall in line.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:59 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Huh? How were the Spits just as bad? They had 94 points and were third in the Conference.
Exactly I think 67 forgets how good that 07/08 team was and the talent they had. If you were to rank teams in the Rychel era I put 07/08 ahead of even the 10/11 team that went to the conference finals.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:01 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I wouldn't go that far with the praise of Ho-Sang. Domi is still top 10 in OHL points. Ho-Sang is 9th in rookie scoring and this isn't a knock on him but I can't criticize Domi when Ho-Sang isn't lighting it up for rookies. Ho-Sang has had a decent year so far I am sure the organization expected a bit more out of him but he's ok. It's ok to say he hangs onto the puck too long considering there have been many times dangling with the puck and puts guys offside. He's a high risk and high reward guy that hasn't changed. My only concern is that it might be tough to get Ho-Sang to buy in completely if the team struggles. Hall was very similar at 16 but he bought in quickly because the team was successful and he had no choice but to fall in line.
I agree with what u said at the end of your post re Hall and HoSang,but there is no doubt HoSang is the most skilled player drafted by the Spits since Taylor Hall,and the nation got to see how good this 16 year old really is,his 2 passes on goals were golden,too bad he hit the post in the shootout,as he had the goalie beat
I for one is very impressed with him,he has warts but his ability is off the charts

Old
12-02-2012, 12:11 PM
youngblood10

Quote:
Ho-Sang has a bunch of dead weight that cannot keep up with him. Domi is surrounded with speedsters who can finish. Put Domi with the line up Ho-Sang is stuck with and he'd be a none factor.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:27 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
Put Domi with the line up Ho-Sang is stuck with and he'd be a none factor.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions but a post like this just proves that you don't watch Domi at all.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:29 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Exactly I think 67 forgets how good that 07/08 team was and the talent they had. If you were to rank teams in the Rychel era I put 07/08 ahead of even the 10/11 team that went to the conference finals.
I agree. If that tragedy had not happened to Renaud, I think that team goes to at least round 3 with Kitchener that year.

Closed Thread