HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2012, 08:28 PM
scokan

vCash: 500
suprised that he didnt get suspended for his staged fight in the Knights game..

Old
11-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Spitsfan67*

Holy crap am I seeing this right Ebert shot the puck, good job kid that's what happens when you shoot the puck and actually hit the net, he has a great shot only if he would shoot more and when he does shoot hit the net more he would score a lot more goals.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Have you watched Kitchener, they can't score
Have you looked at the players they have? There bound to break out offensively and there doing that right now, and have you looked at there home record so far? its 4-0 and soon to be 5-0, plus the spits have the third worst goals against in the league, there's big names on this rangers squad they've just been struggling so far.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:14 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post

But to answer - Bilcke is just a knucklehead.
Does anyone have a legit answer?

Old
11-03-2012, 12:13 AM
hockeylegend11

Unlike Thursday Spits found out that u cant play 20 minutes or so of a 60 minute game and expect to win
Despite a less then stellar 1st,but a much better 2nd,finding themselves trailing only 2-1 going to the 3rd,a soft call on Vail results in a ppg and its all downhill from there
Looks like Maletta and Bowen will have to sit out 2 each,Maletta"s for being the 2nd fite,Bowen"s for instigating a fight with less then 5 minutes to play and a goal differential of 3 or more
This means for Sunday against Belleville ,Spits will be without Maletta,Bowen and Marchese,either dressing 1 under the limit as McNaughton will draw back in
They may call up Graehame Brown,Brendan McCann,or Mitch Graham,although he is no longer playing for Leamington,after starting the season with La Salle
They could just go with 19,dressing 7 D and 10 forwards
We shall see

Old
11-03-2012, 01:25 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Have you looked at the players they have? There bound to break out offensively and there doing that right now, and have you looked at there home record so far? its 4-0 and soon to be 5-0, plus the spits have the third worst goals against in the league, there's big names on this rangers squad they've just been struggling so far.
I was being sarcastic. I watched them yesterday and have seen them a couple other times this season and they couldn't score. Trust me I know their potential, I had them projected to win to come out of the west.

Old
11-03-2012, 03:21 PM
hockeylegend11

With a 1/4 of the regular season schedule in the books here is list of fighting majors for Spits players
Bilcke-5
E.Clark-4
Maletta-2
Bowen- 2
Seiloff- 1 + 1 that does not count
Studnika-1
Rychel-1
Schoenmakers-1
Ebert- 1
Verbeek-1
As you will notice only Seiloff is the benefactor of having a fight instigated against thus his fighting does not count

Old
11-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Ottomatic

I noticed Thomson loved to play tough guy when it was Posa or some other non-fighter he was paired up with - but wanted nothing to do with Bowen. Looked like he was up to his same antics as he was chirping two Spits off towards the boards after a whistle probably unaware Bowen was on the ice and would be all too willing.

Maletta on the other hand - keep your mitts on. Especially when it's against a fighter.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:42 AM
Hawks3

At least Malletas scrap wasnt staged. He fought becuase Iafarte challenged him in a srum. Thats the waY IT SHOULD BE.

Old
11-04-2012, 02:46 AM
youngblood10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks3 View Post
At least Malletas scrap wasnt staged. He fought becuase Iafarte challenged him in a srum. Thats the waY IT SHOULD BE.
More like he was crosschecked in the head by Iafrate.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:54 AM
giantsfan

Iafrate should have had the instigator - instead he gets a crosschecking!
Maletta does the right thing - shows character

Old
11-04-2012, 04:51 PM
RayzorIsDull

Legend it's getting tough to watch some times. This performance was a low point of the year imo. You're facing a team playing their 3rd game in 2.5 days, missing their top scorer Gaunce and a team that blew 2 straight games on the road. This was the best effort the Spits could put forth? The talk about consistency needs to stop because it's not happening, moves need to be made. I would like to give credit to Subban in the shootout but he did what every other goalie does against Windsor in a shootout and that's stop every puck.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:58 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Legend it's getting tough to watch some times. This performance was a low point of the year imo. You're facing a team playing their 3rd game in 2.5 days, missing their top scorer Gaunce and a team that blew 2 straight games on the road. This was the best effort the Spits could put forth? The talk about consistency needs to stop because it's not happening, moves need to be made. I would like to give credit to Subban in the shootout but he did what every other goalie does against Windsor in a shootout and that's stop every puck.
Dont disagree with much of what u say though I will say as u know anytime a team faces a goaltender who steals games a loss is possible
Do wish Windsor played with more urgency although in the OT they upped it a bit and Subban came up big
Blowing these pts in shootout is going to comeback and bite them
4 straight is unacceptable,great goalies or otherwise

Old
11-04-2012, 05:14 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Dont disagree with much of what u say though I will say as u know anytime a team faces a goaltender who steals games a loss is possible
Do wish Windsor played with more urgency although in the OT they upped it a bit and Subban came up big
Blowing these pts in shootout is going to comeback and bite them
4 straight is unacceptable,great goalies or otherwise
Agreed that Subban can steal a game. I didn't think the Spits had a lot of good chances before OT maybe 4 or 5 good chances but that isn't nearly enough against a guy like Subban. I know there are some fans that really like Clarke but after his 4 point game against the Soo he's now back on the skids with 1g and 5 points in his last 11 games. Johnson has continued to struggle as well. Still in favor of a shake up.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:40 PM
hockeylegend11

Rayzor

Despite the Spits woes,had the Spits won all 4 shootouts they would have 24 pts,2nd in the conf by 5 pts and 3rd overall in the league
While I know teams start making moves at around this time,I get what u saying re Johnson and Clarke,I would not give up any picks at this time to acquire players or add picks vis-a-vis blow things up,standings are too close to call,and the separation between talent amongst the teams is wider then I expected,it is moreso execution
Now if this club were an older team my attitude would be different,but with 19 out of 22 players able to come back next yr including Pavelka,its too young in my view for a major shakeup,tweaks yes absolutely
Not many teams save for Niagara and perhaps Peterborough will unload,maybe Sudbury,from the East,from the West who knows,Erie cant win,bad coaching,poor defence and the worst bottom 6 forwards in the conference leaves them in big trouble,dont know what to say about SSM and Saginaw,Saginaw may deal off we will see,perhaps the Hounds too
Things right now too tough to call,Nhl lockout,and conference parity makes it tough
I get what u say it is maddening sometimes,guess i am a little more patient then you no slight intended

Old
11-04-2012, 06:03 PM
OHLTG

THIS was the low-point of the year? Not the London travesty or the Guelph/OS games? Subban stood on his head and completely robbed us a few times. Give credit where it's due. Belleville is a seriously good defensive team and played their heart out. Sure, they were missing a big scorer, but we were missing two. It wasn't great performance, but I've certainly seen worse.

Old
11-04-2012, 06:42 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
THIS was the low-point of the year? Not the London travesty or the Guelph/OS games? Subban stood on his head and completely robbed us a few times. Give credit where it's due. Belleville is a seriously good defensive team and played their heart out. Sure, they were missing a big scorer, but we were missing two. It wasn't great performance, but I've certainly seen worse.
London still one of the best teams in the league defending OHL champs and many players returning. Owen Sound has been one of the best teams in the league and before the last week as was Guelph. You don't have many chances playing a team in their 3rd game in 2.5 days. You can give all the credit to Belleville but Windsor never pushed the issue they were happy to play in a tight game.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:08 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
London still one of the best teams in the league defending OHL champs and many players returning. Owen Sound has been one of the best teams in the league and before the last week as was Guelph. You don't have many chances playing a team in their 3rd game in 2.5 days. You can give all the credit to Belleville but Windsor never pushed the issue they were happy to play in a tight game.
That makes it a game we could have won, not the low point in the season.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Percyma

Spitfires are just one for 17 in shootout attempts in the 4 games they have gone to shootouts in. If they are are going to do anything at all this season, this is an area of the Windsor game that has to drammatically get better.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:31 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyma View Post
Spitfires are just one for 17 in shootout attempts in the 4 games they have gone to shootouts in. If they are are going to do anything at all this season, this is an area of the Windsor game that has to drammatically get better.
Yes u are correct,its too bad 16 year old Joshua HoSang is the lone shootout goalscorer

Old
11-04-2012, 07:34 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
That makes it a game we could have won, not the low point in the season.
So at what point do you start looking at things with a critical eye? Game 20, 35 or will you wait until game 64 or 65 when Windsor is locked in to a 7th seed or so? You are what your record says you are, they have lost more games overall than they have won. Windsor is on pace to have 71 points this year only 6 more than last year. Where are the improvements?

Old
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
So at what point do you start looking at things with a critical eye? Game 20, 35 or will you wait until game 64 or 65 when Windsor is locked in to a 7th seed or so? You are what your record says you are, they have lost more games overall than they have won. Windsor is on pace to have 71 points this year only 6 more than last year. Where are the improvements?
Rayzor

While I get what u are saying,but me being a traditionalist i dont count a shootout as a loss,more so a tie like it used to be
Since the 1st game loss vs Owen Sd Spits are 5-1-0-3 at home,only 1 regulation time loss not bad u have to admit
Like i say this conference is so tight not alot separates most of the teams
This is where the loss of Koko hurts,the difference between or 4th or 5th, now maybe 6 th or 7th
I am sure if all the other teams lost a player of Koko's skill unlike Yakupov whom we knew would be gone regardless.they would be suffering
Now I know the Spits lost Hall and Fowler a year early and still finshed in the final 4,but that year they had Koko and Kuhnhackal,this year no such luck
Spits trying to carve an identity not easy,and alot of teams experiencing the same,ie London,Kitchener,Plymouth and SSM

Old
11-04-2012, 08:12 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Rayzor

While I get what u are saying,but me being a traditionalist i dont count a shootout as a loss,more so a tie like it used to be
Since the 1st game loss vs Owen Sd Spits are 5-1-0-3 at home,only 1 regulation time loss not bad u have to admit
Like i say this conference is so tight not alot separates most of the teams
This is where the loss of Koko hurts,the difference between or 4th or 5th, now maybe 6 th or 7th
I am sure if all the other teams lost a player of Koko's skill unlike Yakupov whom we knew would be gone regardless.they would be suffering
Now I know the Spits lost Hall and Fowler a year early and still finshed in the final 4,but that year they had Koko and Kuhnhackal,this year no such luck
Spits trying to carve an identity not easy,and alot of teams experiencing the same,ie London,Kitchener,Plymouth and SSM
Correct it's not a regulation loss I just view it as another lost opportunity. Their play at home has been better than it was last year. Like you referred to there are going to be very few sellers and that's really going to hurt Windsor going forward with the lack of picks in 2013 and wanting to make a bid for the Memorial Cup in 2014. Koko is a huge loss but the inability to hit with their import pick this year also hurts. Tolchinsky and Goldobin are two big reasons why the Soo and Sarnia are playing better than expected. Personally my frustration is that this team hasn't really bought into the systems, they said they wanted to play low scoring games and are still one of the worst defensive teams in the league. We both said the D really needs to improve but there comes a time when you either have to change philosophy or get players in here that can do what you want.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
You want improvements?

Allowing Belleville to score one goal today, and that came late in the third. A sound defensive game where the only reason we lost is because we were beat by one of the best goaltenders in the game. I don't know if you're looking for dominating wins against every team we play on a Sunday, but this was a game we competed hard in and almost had it, save for a really good goal late.

BTW, look at the standings - we're in first and almost every team is within a couple points. You may look at that as "we've had our chances to pull away, and didn't", or look at it how I do in the "we're right in the thick of it" sense.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
hockeylegend11

Interesting stats to point out
In the 7 losses the Spits have been outscored 38-9,illustrating Rayzors comment re the spits defensive record,5 of those losses occured on the road,just 2 at home,and only 1 since opening night
On the other hand,for the other 12 games where the Spits are 8-0-0-4 the Spits have outscored their oppositon 44-30,shootout goals not included,for a defensive ave of 2.50 not bad indeed
It seems when Windsor plays bad,they really play bad,although I must say I cant recall when a game was blown by a Windsor goalie this year
Overall the goaltending has been fine not the reason for the up and down season this team is putting everybody thru

Closed Thread