HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs Lounge V. 84: Sometimes You Wanna Go Where Everybody Knows Your Name!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2012, 10:32 AM
  #1
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,370
vCash: 500
Leafs Lounge V. 84: Sometimes You Wanna Go Where Everybody Knows Your Name!

This one is for Swarley!




__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:33 AM
  #2
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,464
vCash: 500
Yes sir.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:33 AM
  #3
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,451
vCash: 50
First? Damn you hurt

kamosko is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:33 AM
  #4
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Nope.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:34 AM
  #5
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
First?
That must've Hurt.


DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:35 AM
  #6
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,451
vCash: 50
Spent a decent amount of time on my last post so I'm reposting it

My fellow aboriginals are like the funniest people ever honestly,

They constantly complain about racism and being discriminated against when it's actually the opposite

One of the most common ones is when I show them a picture of me hanging out with my buds they're like "you're friends with all those white / black people? " or how I think I'm better than them because I go to a "white school"

I'm like wtf I'm better than you because I actually work my ass off in school/life to get what I want. And usually their only response is ".. tss"

kamosko is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:36 AM
  #7
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,451
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
That must've Hurt.

Knew that was going to happen

I call the next LL

kamosko is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:36 AM
  #8
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
Spent a decent amount of time on my last post so I'm reposting it

My fellow aboriginals are like the funniest people ever honestly,

They constantly complain about racism and being discriminated against when it's actually the opposite

One of the most common ones is when I show them a picture of me hanging out with my buds they're like "you're friends with all those white / black people? " or how I think I'm better than them because I go to a "white school"

I'm like wtf I'm better than you because I actually work my ass off in school/life to get what I want. And usually their only response is ".. tss"
Honestly, I've met aboriginals who are racists against aboriginals. So yeah.

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:43 AM
  #9
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
But they sell cigarettes so cHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Man Barrie is a **** town.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:43 AM
  #10
BertCorbeau
Moderator
Oh Mr Peeenguin...
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,988
vCash: 500
Nice title DD

BertCorbeau is online now  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:44 AM
  #11
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Nice title DD
Thanks Bert.. It's a good tune too!

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:47 AM
  #12
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,451
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Honestly, I've met aboriginals who are racists against aboriginals. So yeah.
Yeah it is pretty stupid.

But to be fair there is a little discrimination against us, mostly cause the number of bad eggs outweigh the number of good eggs which is pretty sad

I'm always thinking cmon guys step it up you're giving us all bad name

kamosko is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:50 AM
  #13
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
Yeah it is pretty stupid.

But to be fair there is a little discrimination against us, mostly cause the number of bad eggs outweigh the number of good eggs which is pretty sad

I'm always thinking cmon guys step it up you're giving us all bad name
A girl from my elementary school actually just posted a status talking about how she is pretty rattled by the bad eggs as you called them. I'm sure it's way worse down here then it is up there though.

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:50 AM
  #14
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,451
vCash: 50
Finally playing ball hockey in my gym class, my school finally got actual sticks instead of those 4 foot plastic sticks with like a 500 flex.

The ball is still pretty much a rolled up sock but at least we got good sticks lol

kamosko is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:55 AM
  #15
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
YOU WANNA BE WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAAAME

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

but yeah kamoksoko hurry up and get to college it sucks here.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 11:00 AM
  #16
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,451
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
YOU WANNA BE WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAAAME

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

but yeah kamoksoko hurry up and get to college it sucks here.
Yeah I want to be out of here already lol

What are you taking anyway?

kamosko is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 11:06 AM
  #17
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Computer IT more or less.

Was going to do a giant AA program and go to a state university but LOLMONEY becuase Tutition in the US is ****ing outrageous.

Seriously just an average state University will run you about 10K a year.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 11:16 AM
  #18
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
But they sell cigarettes so cHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Man Barrie is a **** town.
Don't hate. Barrie is the place to be. Especially Georgian.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82088&dateline=135762  5592
Schenn is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 11:17 AM
  #19
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,451
vCash: 50
Yeah I heard some of the debt students get in is insane, you see on ****** sometimes about students being 50-100k in debt

kamosko is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 11:19 AM
  #20
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Don't hate. Barrie is the place to be. Especially Georgian.
:3c s-schenn when I come back we could hang out and get drunk and ill wear my old bar.rie flyers jersey and we'll make out uguu


Where abouts in Barrie are you? I used to live by Georgian, lived on Rose Street which is right by that plaza with the KFC and Tim Hortons (its been a while)

Lived there for 15 years before I had to move. ;__;

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
  #21
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,451
vCash: 50
One of the benefits of being aboriginal is free education, all my (main) uni/college fees will be covered and I don't have to pay a thing

kamosko is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
  #22
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 16,001
vCash: 500
That's why you go to Waterloo, do coop, and come out with under 10 K in loans, or in most cases, zero loan

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
  #23
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
Yeah I heard some of the debt students get in is insane, you see on ****** sometimes about students being 50-100k in debt
1) ****** sucks

2) most of that is because they got art degrees.

People aren't realists in Universities. They think they can go there work hard and get a job doing something they love, then they get mad when they realize there's limited opportunities.

That said, I'm kind of just getting this degree so I can go do something that is remotely lucrative for the next couple years. Planning on moving back to Canada, probably Barrie, in the next couple years.

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 11:26 AM
  #24
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,877
vCash: 1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
Yeah I heard some of the debt students get in is insane, you see on ****** sometimes about students being 50-100k in debt
I know that in some cases programs are more expensive than others but in general I think the people with that much debt just aren't planning ahead nearly as much as they should.

There are a lot of people who barely work, even during the summer when school is off, all the while paying for their own school and residence through loans and just letting the loans pile up. Personally I work throughout the entire year to keep the cash flow coming and I will be graduating debt free with money to spare. Feels great haha.

Grant is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
  #25
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
:3c s-schenn when I come back we could hang out and get drunk and ill wear my old bar.rie flyers jersey and we'll make out uguu


Where abouts in Barrie are you? I used to live by Georgian, lived on Rose Street which is right by that plaza with the KFC and Tim Hortons (its been a while)

Lived there for 15 years before I had to move. ;__;
i live on bell farm road at which is like 2 blocks from that. I go to that plaza a lot. I have buddies who live by there.

Schenn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.