HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Boycott the Dispatch

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2012, 11:54 AM
BlueJackets66

vCash: 500
Boycott the Dispatch

I am an out of towner and I really enjoy the content of Puck-Rakers and reading Portzline articles and the rest of the crew and now I found out (perhaps late to the party) that I have hit my monthly "10 free premium articles"!! If I wish to continue to read it, its going to cost me $30/month and since I don't live in Columbus I don't care about rest of paper all I want to read is Puck-Rakers and they are now telling me its going to cost me $360/year! I don't think so, i'm not going to pay that. I just ranted on, but is anybody else out there either outside of Ohio or in CBUS pissed about that as well??

Old
10-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJackets66 View Post
I am an out of towner and I really enjoy the content of Puck-Rakers and reading Portzline articles and the rest of the crew and now I found out (perhaps late to the party) that I have hit my monthly "10 free premium articles"!! If I wish to continue to read it, its going to cost me $30/month and since I don't live in Columbus I don't care about rest of paper all I want to read is Puck-Rakers and they are now telling me its going to cost me $360/year! I don't think so, i'm not going to pay that. I just ranted on, but is anybody else out there either outside of Ohio or in CBUS pissed about that as well??
I'm for sure annoyed. I always like reading their post game Puckrakers post and their other info was always interesting. Supposedly you can just clear your cookies (have we for sure determined if that works?) but I surf on my phone a lot and don't know how to bypass it that way.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
There are plenty of good reasons to boycott the Dispatch. This isn't one of them.

People just got spoiled being able to get content for free that other people paid for. Never quite made any sense why anybody would pay for content that they could get online...

10-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Delete all your dispatch.com and bluejacketsxtra.com cookies and you can keep reading. It's kind of an open secret here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
Supposedly you can just clear your cookies (have we for sure determined if that works?) but I surf on my phone a lot and don't know how to bypass it that way.
Was obliged to do it two days back and it's perfectly fine. Don't have to delete ALL cookies, just the ones for their sites.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
10-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

OP gets to make a point. Information provided regarding said. Not much else to be discussed here.

Closed Thread