HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

will Perry and Getzlaf be Leafs next season?

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Darlotto99

vCash: 500
will Perry and Getzlaf be Leafs next season?

anyone else think thats the reason why Burke diden't go after any major free agent because he wants both Perry and Getzlaf when they become free agents.

both played for him in Anahime and would be a perfect fit in Toronto and the Leafs will have the cap space to fit them in. if needed Kessle or even Dion can be traded for another piece to help the Leafs get back to respectability.

odds that they both become leafs?

Old
10-30-2012, 01:48 PM
SupermanPahlsson

That they both become Leafs? 0.001%

Old
10-30-2012, 01:57 PM
frankthetank91

Although Getz is more needed for us, I can see him staying in Anaheim.

Perry on the other hand, I just have a gut feeling he'll come home. I know people will say it's the same song and dance with Leafs fans when it comes to FA, but Perry just feels right.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Avec Fromage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlotto99 View Post
anyone else think thats the reason why Burke diden't go after any major free agent because he wants both Perry and Getzlaf when they become free agents.

both played for him in Anahime and would be a perfect fit in Toronto and the Leafs will have the cap space to fit them in. if needed Kessle or even Dion can be traded for another piece to help the Leafs get back to respectability.

odds that they both become leafs?
IF either player makes it to free agency, you can be sure Burke will try his hardest to sign them. His time is running up in Toronto and he has to make a big move if he wants to make this team competitive. And adding both would be huge for Toronto - bigger than adding Parise & Suter was for Minny.

Will he be able to sign them? Was he able to sign Kovalchuk, Richards, Nash, Marleau, et cetera? I'm not getting hopes up.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Darlotto99

I think both sign with the Leafs and get max money whatever the new CBA is.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:02 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post

Will he be able to sign them? Was he able to sign Kovalchuk, Richards, Nash, Marleau, et cetera? I'm not getting hopes up.
True although with Kovy, Richards and Marleau they really didn't have a reason to come here. Richards had friends in NY, knew Tortorella and liked the city. Marleau is from a small town, didn't grow up a Leafs fan or anything and Kovy wasn't really ever linked to come here.

I did think Nash wanted to come here, and I did think we'd end up getting him, guess he changed his mind though.

Perry coming will be the first step of the prophecy. Next the pick that lands us Monahan will fall in our laps and the final piece will be Stammer coming home(one HF boards poster did say he knew a girl who dated Stamkos who said he's signing with the Leafs when he becomes a FA)

Then we will win a cup, Don Cherry will cream his pants with the overload of Ontario boys and Toronto will implode. I can dream.

Last edited by frankthetank91: 10-30-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old
10-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Aucoin11*

nope

Old
10-30-2012, 02:06 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlotto99 View Post
I think both sign with the Leafs and get max money whatever the new CBA is.
Doubtful...

The Leafs arleady have Kessel, Grabo, JVR, Dion, Komisarek, and Liles signed. All make above 4 million, with the exception of Liles.

No way they can afford two players at 8 mil+ each. They still need to ice the rest of their roster. That would be like 46 million tied up in 8 players.

Toronto may be able to take a run at one of them, but many many many other teams will be in the mix if either hit UFA. Most teams have structured their cap aroudn the fact the CBA was not going to last forever. Toronto is not the only team with a lot of cap space. for 2013/2014.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:09 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Yes, just like all the star forwards who sign with Toronto all the time every summer.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Bank Shot

I'm pretty sure Getzlaf said in an interview one time that he would play in Anaheim for free. So, I don't think the odds of him going to Toronto are high.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:18 PM
I Believe

I'd be happy with 1 of them

Seriously though, they'd have to have one hell of a relationship with Carlyle and Burke to want to come here over a contender.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:19 PM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Highly doubt it.
And this will go well.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:20 PM
rypper

Can you imagine if Burke was able to get both getzlaf and perry, and then also swing a deal to get Luongo? It would shut a lot of naysayers up.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
This isn't going to end well.

Closed Thread