HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Draft pick possession

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2012, 03:17 PM
  #1
outoftune
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 1000 Chopper Circle
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Draft pick possession

Im sure this isn't the right place for this but I cannot find anywhere which shows up to date draft pick information.... ie who owns which picks for which years, so if there is a website can someone hook a brother up here?



And if it doesn't exist I suggest HF jumps all over this cause i know i lose track constantly especially with the options to choose within trades

outoftune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:40 PM
  #2
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outoftune View Post
Im sure this isn't the right place for this but I cannot find anywhere which shows up to date draft pick information.... ie who owns which picks for which years, so if there is a website can someone hook a brother up here?



And if it doesn't exist I suggest HF jumps all over this cause i know i lose track constantly especially with the options to choose within trades
Check Wikipedia draft page. Like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NHL_Entry_Draft
I wanted to put it all in a spreadsheet last year but I'm too lazy.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 03:57 PM
  #3
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,430
vCash: 1300
I use this site for that information:

http://prosportstransactions.com/hoc...tTrades/Years/

Clean-cut and always up to date. Also includes how picks were acquired in trades.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:48 AM
  #4
ChronicallyInjured
Registered User
 
ChronicallyInjured's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
If New Jersey has to forfeit one of their firsts (in 2013 or 2014) where does the pick go?

ChronicallyInjured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:55 AM
  #5
Bryzard of Oz
Registered User
 
Bryzard of Oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher77 View Post
If New Jersey has to forfeit one of their firsts (in 2013 or 2014) where does the pick go?
To the league, there would be 29 selections in the first round.

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:59 AM
  #6
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout
 
Kid Dynamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher77 View Post
If New Jersey has to forfeit one of their firsts (in 2013 or 2014) where does the pick go?
Basically who ever they pick is offered as a sacrifice to appease the NHL owners. Its too bad they didn't forfeit there pick this past draft, we probably wouldn't be looking at a lock out right now if they had.

Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:06 AM
  #7
Stormcrow
Registered User
 
Stormcrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 416
vCash: 500
If the lockout ends up being all year, what is the draft order?
Do all teams have an equal chance at getting 1st overall?

Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 12:10 PM
  #8
Fire Dumboer
Registered User
 
Fire Dumboer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
If the lockout ends up being all year, what is the draft order?
Do all teams have an equal chance at getting 1st overall?
No it is based on playoff appearances since the last lockout ranging from 1ball to I am not sure how many balls

Fire Dumboer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:14 PM
  #9
fedfed
Moderator
@FedFedRMNB
 
fedfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Moscow City
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
No it is based on playoff appearances since the last lockout ranging from 1ball to I am not sure how many balls
Three.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:44 PM
  #10
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor
 
rojac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 6,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
No it is based on playoff appearances since the last lockout ranging from 1ball to I am not sure how many balls
That was the system used in 2005 after the last lockout. It was agreed upon an an Exhibit to the CBA. There is no guarantee that they will use the same system if they miss a whole season again.

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 03:25 PM
  #11
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I use this site for that information:

http://prosportstransactions.com/hoc...tTrades/Years/

Clean-cut and always up to date. Also includes how picks were acquired in trades.
Yup - that's the one I use too as I like how the layout makes it easy to find out exactly how picks were moved. I also find it really helpful when it comes to keeping track of future NBA draft picks.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:44 PM
  #12
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
habs got three 2nd round picks this summer

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 01:07 AM
  #13
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,430
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
Yup - that's the one I use too as I like how the layout makes it easy to find out exactly how picks were moved. I also find it really helpful when it comes to keeping track of future NBA draft picks.
Yeah, I use it for NFL as well.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.