HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FOX movie of the week - There and Back Again: The John Farrell Story*

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
I wouldn't.

They were pretty much equal this year in terms of sucking.

Lincecum has a massive contract that expires after next season. RR is under team control for longer at a better number.

Hypothetically if both returned to their pre 2012 form, I'd want Ricky for two years with a chance to resign him than Lincecum for one and watch him bolt to FA.

On top of that I'd rather stick with a guy who had control issues than a guy who lost 5mph on his fb. For RR I think it was all in his head and snowballed. For Lincecum it may have been years of flawed mechancis finally catching up to him.
Here I am messing the thread up with a long post when I could've just waited for you to say it in 500 less words. Well said.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:12 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
I like it.

I'm going to the Rogers head office today I'll put in a good word to spend some money
I'll join you, they'll care what we want for sure. Rogers is a wonderful company like that, amirite??

Old
10-23-2012, 10:18 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Two man protest outside imo

Although it's going to suck with the rain (and the indifference).

Old
10-23-2012, 11:05 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
john farell = mitt romney LOL

Old
10-23-2012, 11:16 AM
RayzorIsDull

Farrell saying the right things, need to hold players accountable, show them the respect and it will be returned to you ten fold.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:17 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
i see how it is... toronto was just a testing centre

Old
10-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Mike Cormack ‏@MikeCormack

Farrell says he first expressed interest in #redsox job last year, but request was denied by #bluejays.

Just **** you Farrell. **** you for coming here talking like you want to be here and then all of a sudden, when you're "dream" job opens up, you go running towards it. Should have never came here in the first place if your heart was so set on that Boston job. **** you for wasting all of our time.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

I can't wait until this joke of a manager gets booed the crap out of him in Toronto.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:26 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post

Farrell says he first expressed interest in #redsox job last year, but request was denied by #bluejays.

Just **** you Farrell. **** you for coming here talking like you want to be here and then all of a sudden, when you're "dream" job opens up, you go running towards it. Should have never came here in the first place if your heart was so set on that Boston job. **** you for wasting all of our time.
You're far too harsh on Farrell. He just said when he had a meeting with AA he was asked about Boston and told AA that if the opportunity presented itself he would like to go there. John was actually honest and up front about it. With all due respect I don't think John thought the job was going to open up after the 2011 season or even 2012 season.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Felstead
Boss Status

I was probablly the last guy that wanted to see john go. Now... I could care less. We were the testing facility and the players were the rats being tested.

When mistakes are made, people weren't held accountable. Johns mindset was always Boston.

With the jays, it's time to stick it to the boots. Start showing people we can't be baby'd through anything. I'll give anything to finish ahead of Boston next year.

Just listening to John it sounds like he wants Boston to spend spend spend! He wants things handed to him to make his job easier.

Let's go jays, sadle up! The time is now. Spend a little doe, get that 1,2 pitcher we need and that extra added bat.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Transplanted Caper

Have to say, if Farrell wanted out a year ago, AA dropped the ball by keeping him around.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
You're far too harsh on Farrell. He just said when he had a meeting with AA he was asked about Boston and told AA that if the opportunity presented itself he would like to go there. John was actually honest and up front about it. With all due respect I don't think John thought the job was going to open up after the 2011 season or even 2012 season.
He asked about going to Boston 1 year into his commitment because it was his dream job. Its total bull **** to come here, commit and then start asking out as soon as that job becomes available. It doesn't matter how long he thinks it would have taken for that job to open up. If you really wanted that job, then stay in Boston until it becomes available. Its not fair to join another team and start asking out as soon as its available.

**** you Farrell.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Felstead
Boss Status

Quote:
I can't wait until this joke of a manager gets booed the crap out of him in Toronto.
Not big on any booing usually. But with this situation it "feels" different. The way john is going about this seems like he could care less. I'm with you on this one. Let him have it.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Mike Wilner ‏@Wilnerness590

Farrell: AA understood my desire to go to #Redsox - said if #Expos still existed, he would feel the same pull. #Bluejays

And now he throws AA under the bus. Well done dick.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:38 AM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felstead View Post
I was probablly the last guy that wanted to see john go. Now... I could care less. We were the testing facility and the players were the rats being tested.

When mistakes are made, people weren't held accountable. Johns mindset was always Boston.

With the jays, it's time to stick it to the boots. Start showing people we can't be baby'd through anything. I'll give anything to finish ahead of Boston next year.

Just listening to John it sounds like he wants Boston to spend spend spend! He wants things handed to him to make his job easier.

Let's go jays, sadle up! The time is now. Spend a little doe, get that 1,2 pitcher we need and that extra added bat.
this... we have to finish ahead of them.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:38 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
He asked about going to Boston 1 year into his commitment because it was his dream job. Its total bull **** to come here, commit and then start asking out as soon as that job becomes available. It doesn't matter how long he thinks it would have taken for that job to open up. If you really wanted that job, then stay in Boston until it becomes available. Its not fair to join another team and start asking out as soon as its available.

**** you Farrell.
I listened to the press conference did John say he really asked out after 1 year? I got the idea Boston showed interest in Farrell but the compensation the Jays wanted was too much in their mind.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Yeah John Farrell can go **** himself. I really don't care if he's a nice guy and all. You just wasted 2 years where the Jays could've brought in a coach to grow with all the young players. I hope we **** block every trade the Redsox try to make and whoop some redsox ass next year.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I listened to the press conference did John say he really asked out after 1 year? I got the idea Boston showed interest in Farrell but the compensation the Jays wanted was too much in their mind.
Nope.

Of course request was denied by the Jays. Its so dumb to let go of a manager you looked so hard for and then to let him go to your division rival because he comes begging that he wants that job instead while being committed to the Jays for two more years.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:42 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felstead View Post
Not big on any booing usually. But with this situation it "feels" different. The way john is going about this seems like he could care less. I'm with you on this one. Let him have it.
Really booing the opposing manager? If one thing is true in sports circles Toronto does act like scorned lovers when it comes to players leaving or maybe in this instance a coach leaving. Lind wants to trash Farrell that's fine so Farrell has his own way of firing back. Doesn't make it right but it is what it is.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Drmckool
Truculence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
Yeah John Farrell can go **** himself. I really don't care if he's a nice guy and all. You just wasted 2 years where the Jays could've brought in a coach to grow with all the young players. I hope we **** block every trade the Redsox try to make and whoop some redsox ass next year.
Farrell is like the much less talented Bobby Cox, I guess the only solution is to win multiple World Series before he does.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
Mike Wilner ‏@Wilnerness590

Farrell: AA understood my desire to go to #Redsox - said if #Expos still existed, he would feel the same pull. #Bluejays

And now he throws AA under the bus. Well done dick.
That was pretty bad, especially after Farrell said he didn't want to comment on the contract extension stuff.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Drmckool
Truculence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Caper View Post
That was pretty bad, especially after Farrell said he didn't want to comment on the contract extension stuff.
He has disappointed me

Old
10-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Caper View Post
Yup. He was also the first guy that hired him and gave him the job so instead of thanking him for the opportunity, he just drags him down with him. Glad we got rid of this total *******.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Karma is a *****

Old
10-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

Quote:

Replace the word "job" with "girl" in this paragraph, and I've heard this said to me before lol.

But seriously, I agree with you completely NN. Waste of the organization's time. I will fly up from DC at the beginning of April just to boo him.

Closed Thread