HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

S. Kostitsyn: Hopes lockout lasts a year.(mod: see post #130 for more from KS)

Old
10-23-2012, 12:56 AM
TheeNorthStar

vCash: 500
First, I'd like to say I officially hate Kostitsyn and it's not like I cared for the guy before . anyways but still. **** you and don't come back.

2nd: lmaoooooo at him mentioning ohio/Columbus as the crappiest place in America.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 10-23-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: confidence isn't always a good thing
TheeNorthStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 01:12 AM
Bure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardking89 View Post
The press in Montreal used to have a field day with this kid. He was sullen and surly let him go play in Europe he's a sub par player anyhow.
Actually he's not a sub par player. One of nashvilles best players last year to be precise.

This all taken out of contex, he never said he hated America. The guy is just culture shocked. Big deal.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I've always wanted to sign Andrei Kostitsyn because of the possibility of a brother-versus-brother thing against Nashville. Was wanting to hold off this year only because we're rebuilding the team identity.

Now, tho? Screw waiting, we need to show up Sergei.

Maybe he just thinks it's gloomy up here 'cause we employ Fedor Tyutin.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Kashie14

vCash: 50
Considering that, likely, his only meaningful interaction with Columbus has been with hockey, wouldn't it make the most sense to attribute the "gloom" to the fact that CBJ finished dead last and lost the lottery? Nationwide probably wasn't cheering much whenever he was here, and it hasn't added much more reason to.

Kashie14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Unsurprisingly (to me at least), Kostitsyn was misquoted by the Russian media.

Quote:
“The question the Russian reporter asked was if I will live in America after the end of my career,” Kostitsyn said. “I said probably not because my friends and family live here in Belarus.”
Quote:
“I just want to say I really enjoy America and Nashville,” he added.

“We all want to get back to hockey in the NHL and a full year and an 82-game season, but we need to reach a deal that is fair and we need to respect contracts that are already signed. It’s only fair,” he said. “But if we have to, we will sit out the whole year.”
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Unsurprisingly (to me at least), Kostitsyn was misquoted by the Russian media.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1
This strikes me as damage control more than being legitimately misquoted

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Actually he's not a sub par player. One of nashvilles best players last year to be precise.

This all taken out of contex, he never said he hated America. The guy is just culture shocked. Big deal.
If he is one of Nashville's best players then they are in trouble. Seriously, I followed this guy when he was on my team and didn't like him then. He got sent down to the AHL and threw a fit like a little child. He has an attitude problem and that statement just goes to show what a jackass he is. I'm sure once the lockout is over he'll come crawling back to North America where it's supposedly really bad and gloomy. Columbus is a beautiful city, you want gloomy drive through Buffalo on a cold December night.

Saintpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
You think that's more likely than being mistranslated? Because multiple Russian speakers have posted in this thread saying it's mistranslated.

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoezIt View Post
First, I'd like to say I officially hate Kostitsyn and it's not like I cared for the guy before . anyways but still. **** you and don't come back.

2nd: lmaoooooo at him mentioning ohio/Columbus as the crappiest place in America.
Everyone, IDoezIt just sent out a press release, he OFFICIALLY hates Kostitsyn, this one's a wrap folks.

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:04 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
If he is one of Nashville's best players then they are in trouble. Seriously, I followed this guy when he was on my team and didn't like him then. He got sent down to the AHL and threw a fit like a little child. He has an attitude problem and that statement just goes to show what a jackass he is. I'm sure once the lockout is over he'll come crawling back to North America where it's supposedly really bad and gloomy. Columbus is a beautiful city, you want gloomy drive through Buffalo on a cold December night.
He was one of our better forwards, and the team was a 104 point team last year. It was also top ten in goals for, goals against, PP, and PK. I don't think the team is in much trouble just because SK is a better fit in Nashville than he was in Montreal. Your personal dislike of him aside, he really has seemed to have found himself as a hockey player during his time in Nashville.

His comments could easily have been mistranslated, taken out of context or otherwise misinterpreted. Or maybe he doesn't like living in the United States. Either way, he is under contract with Nashville, so he'll be back once the lockout ends.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 11:03 PM
CoolForumNamePending

Quote:
If he is one of Nashville's best players then they are in trouble.
...and yet somehow with him on their team last year they ended the season 4th in the conference with 104 points and won a round in the playoffs. If Nashville is in trouble what in the world does that make a dead last in the conference Montreal team?

CoolForumNamePending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Milliardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBowman View Post
Its not really a big deal. We all like what we are used too. I go to Europe for a month every summer on vacation and there are certain things I like over there but at the end I still like to come home to Detroit. One thing I did notice over the years is that the infrastructure in the US is >>>>>>Europe.
I disagree, like 100%. If you're not comparing it to some little town deep down in Romania, it's just not true.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
I disagree, like 100%. If you're not comparing it to some little town deep down in Romania, it's just not true.
Indeed. Compare average sized city or town in the Nordic countries (better example due to harsher winter conditions) or Central Europe and the roads, bridges, railways, electric and phone network(wired and wireless) are in much better shape than in the US.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:19 AM
LOFIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Indeed. Compare average sized city or town in the Nordic countries (better example due to harsher winter conditions) or Central Europe and the roads, bridges, railways, electric and phone network(wired and wireless) are in much better shape than in the US.
I guess that means Finland isn't one of those countries.

LOFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFIN View Post
I guess that means Finland isn't one of those countries.
VR(the national railway service, known for it's unreliability/incompetence) doesn't mean the railroad network itself.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolForumNamePending View Post
...and yet somehow with him on their team last year they ended the season 4th in the conference with 104 points and won a round in the playoffs. If Nashville is in trouble what in the world does that make a dead last in the conference Montreal team?
Obviously you don't know sarcasm. Yeah I'm sure his 17 goals 43 points made a tremendous impact to that team seriously SK is overrated . I know my team sucked last year but Nashville's success had very little to do with SK.

Last edited by Saintpatrick: 10-24-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old
10-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Obviously you don't know sarcasm. Yeah I'm sure his 17 goals 43 points made a tremendous impact to that team seriously SK is overrated . I know my team sucked last year but Nashville's success had very little to do with SK.
Take it from Nashville fans. Sergei is a key piece of the Preds offense, perhaps the most talented forward on the team. You have to understand that on this team scoring 20 goals and 50 points are big accomplishments. Outside of Paul Kariya, that's about the best we expect from anyone.

Now, does he go out and bust his butt 82 games a season? absolutely not, and he certainly doesn't shoot enough at all. He's often criticized for passing up prime shooting opportunities to look for the setup pass, it's actually extremely frustrating. But on offensive hockey skill alone, he's got to be #1 on the Preds.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
You think that's more likely than being mistranslated? Because multiple Russian speakers have posted in this thread saying it's mistranslated.
the article didn't say he was mistranslated, but rather misquoted by the Russian article.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:33 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post

Looks reaaal gloomy over hurr.
Wow the water there reflects!

SK has some attitude is all.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 03:58 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I don't disagree.

Just making the point if he hates living here so much, there are other options and has had several opportunities to explore them, yet he still signs here. Again and again.

I'm 100% confident that he could have an similarly lucrative KHL deal if he wanted.

Also, this could be some KHL/Russian media hatchet job - they'll take every opportunity to bash the NHL.
And vice versa.
I'm shocked by all the hatred I read from North Americans to russians. It's so much false information, and this article is completely misunderstood. Maybe it is a translation issue?

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:34 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Isn't that always the case ?

Just like Bettman having a presser saying : ''We just want to clarify that we don't intend to change what's part of the HRR and what is not. Some people particularly on social media have stated things we never said.''

Then you go and read the public NHL offer and find out that HRR is : ''Current HRR Accounting subject to mutual clarification of existing interpretations and settlements''

powerstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:53 PM
mmarti68

Quote:
He plays for Barry Trotz. Attitude problems are not an issue.
If they become an issue, then you will soon not be playing for Barry Trotz.
SK74 is a fine hockey player who has finally found his niche in Nashville's playing style. Boo hoo.

mmarti68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:55 PM
mmarti68

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
And vice versa.
I'm shocked by all the hatred I read from North Americans to russians. It's so much false information, and this article is completely misunderstood. Maybe it is a translation issue?
There are many who respect Russia that you don't hear about. Of course, only hearing about the negatives is common across anything here. I'm born and raised in Nashville. I watch KHL games and I'm one year into Russian in college as my foreign language. I very much respect the culture.

mmarti68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarti68 View Post
He plays for Barry Trotz. Attitude problems are not an issue.
If they become an issue, then you will soon not be playing for Barry Trotz.
SK74 is a fine hockey player who has finally found his niche in Nashville's playing style. Boo hoo.
No crying here I was glad when they shipped his ego and attitude out of Montreal. Glad he's working out for your team but happy he's not on mine