HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 04:00 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

vCash: 500
RT Pears, CB McGee to IR.

K Potter cut.

WR Easley selected from practice squad.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Time to walk away from McGee. Constantly injured, not all that good when he's in.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:28 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
I'm so disappointed in Chan. I honestly thought he would be a good coach. I think he could be, but he needs a better quarterback. Not a good fit here. Good riddance.
That link he posted goes to an article about vanek.

Old
11-06-2012, 06:01 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
That link he posted goes to an article about vanek.
It was an incidental mistake. I clicked on a few of the top read articles and I hit that one by mistake after I read the Chan one and moved on to another, haha.

There, fixed.

Old
11-06-2012, 06:02 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Time to walk away from McGee. Constantly injured, not all that good when he's in.
Agreed. His value declined when he stopped returning kicks

Old
11-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Pondslider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
I see them beating Miami. Something about the home team and winning those short week games.

I'm not sold on Indy. They have 5 wins by 6 points or less. Their best win may be Green Bay but at the time the Pack looked dreadful and the Packers D blows. I say this as a fan. They can beat Seattle. Seattle is not at home and their offense sucks. Their 3rd down D is atrocious. I think they split with Miami. They will beat Jax and STL. The Jets won't score like they did in week 1, by week 17 it may be TeBow time. I could see 7-9 wins
Maybe, but Miami beat them twice last year and they look better this year. Also the Bills tend to lose to halfway decent QBs and Luck is getting better and better.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:26 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Good interview with Thurman Thomas:

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/65964917/1...eir-season.htm

Not sure I agree with him on the season being salvaged. As long as Chan's here I see no hope for anything. Chan is the real life Elmer Fudd.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:04 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Another good listen is "Jerry Sullivan Has Seen These Bills Before"

Love the ripping on Gailey and the end on Wilson. I mostly hate Jerry Sullivan but this bit hits close to how I feel. Gailey is a joke and Ralph might as well be in a coma. The point of frustration to me is over. I've basically hit ther hopeless point.

Before everyone says "Quarterback" I agree but thats not even the biggest issue. Nobody else in the NFL wanted Gailey for a reason. Buddy Nix either for that matter. Atleast Fitzpatrick works his tail off, they could use more of that(yeah i'm looking AT YOU Mario for starters) I would love to see Fitz kept as a backup but his contract is too much. But I do feel hes done his fair share to earn staying in the organization.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:01 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

I don't know how many people here visit Grantland, but there was an interesting article about the Bills posted recently.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:27 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamers View Post
I don't know how many people here visit Grantland, but there was an interesting article about the Bills posted recently.
Thanks for the link. Read it. That was a pretty accurate view on Upstate NY and just how we view life in general. LOL. We like to remember the glory years because they make us feel good. When we watch we like to think a different outcome is a possibility. We live in naive fashion but we stick with what we believe in no matter how assinine or naive we look to others. The story of Pinto Ron was great, just your average run of the mill whacko from Upstate NY. But thats what makes this place great.

Now we've reached the point of uncertainty as some self righteous rich old man can't swalow his pride. We are all being taken on a wild goose chase! Who here has the funds to buy it? Who would even willingly do it? Who are the "heirs" Ralph has appointed? Will they go to the highest bidder or is there any motives in their process for a suitor? I have heard two names thrown out. Donald Trump and old man Thomas B. Golisano. Each of which I want nothing to do with. Trump has filed for bankruptcy on more than one occassion. Golisano just used buying a hockey team for some stupid ployf or goivernor.(Not that it worked, thank god, don't need a guy from the 1% running the state) But anyway the biggest issue with Golisano was that he was all about making money. He didn't care if the team won and he let his best free agents walk when the time came. I hope theres other names out there that I haven't heard of because those 2 aren't upgrades.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Looking likely that the Dolphins game next Thursday won't be blacked out: https://twitter.com/buffalobills/sta...66009067601921

Old
11-08-2012, 09:33 PM
whiplash

Apparently Fitzpatrick is going to be on "The League" tonight.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Pondslider

Quote:
But anyway the biggest issue with Golisano was that he was all about making money. He didn't care if the team won and he let his best free agents walk when the time came. I hope theres other names out there that I haven't heard of because those 2 aren't upgrades.
Owning an NFL team is like printing money, so I don't think that would be an issue. Golisano wouldn't be able to afford the Bills alone anyway. Maybe as a part of a group with Pegula or Jacobs or Rich or something. I'm curious about Kelly's supposed group. He's been pretty vocal about having investors for when the time comes and he's been around the team more and more the past few years. It wouldn't shock me in the least if he was full of ****. He obviously couldn't afford to be more than a minority owner -- at BEST, but it's interesting to me that he's allowed to be so close with his intentions to own the team being so clear.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:27 AM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
Owning an NFL team is like printing money, so I don't think that would be an issue. Golisano wouldn't be able to afford the Bills alone anyway. Maybe as a part of a group with Pegula or Jacobs or Rich or something. I'm curious about Kelly's supposed group. He's been pretty vocal about having investors for when the time comes and he's been around the team more and more the past few years. It wouldn't shock me in the least if he was full of ****. He obviously couldn't afford to be more than a minority owner -- at BEST, but it's interesting to me that he's allowed to be so close with his intentions to own the team being so clear.
He absolutely can. He's worth 1.4 Billion and the Bills are only worth a little over 800 million.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:11 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Bless Fitzpatrick:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...things-around/

Not the best but i'm not sure h is the root of the problems. I think the root of the problem is Chan to Buddy to Brandon to Nix. Time to start over. This was a good article from Bleacher Report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...headline%22%7D

I think patience is a virtue though, until Ralph dies nothing will be fixed but that becomes a total crapshoot with the teams fate.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:15 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
Isn't Pegula a no go bcause he owns a team in the same place already?

He's probably allowed to be so close because Ralph has no idea what year or day it is anymore.

I wonder who his group would be. I know that Trump signed him just before the USFL went bellyup. But i'm not sure if they had a relationship. I'm also not sure why his name has evber been mentioned. He seems too big for Upstate NY. I think he would just buy them and move them to LA.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:42 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Isn't Pegula a no go bcause he owns a team in the same place already?

He's probably allowed to be so close because Ralph has no idea what year or day it is anymore.

I wonder who his group would be. I know that Trump signed him just before the USFL went bellyup. But i'm not sure if they had a relationship. I'm also not sure why his name has evber been mentioned. He seems too big for Upstate NY. I think he would just buy them and move them to LA.
You are allowed to own a NFL team if you own a team in the same market (so Pegula is allowed).

You are NOT allowed to own a NFL team if you own a team in a different sport that is in a different NFL market (so Jeremy Jacobs can't buy the Bills because he owns the Bruins, and there is a NFL team in the Boston market).

However, someone who owns a team in a market with no NFL team (so take for example the Columbus Blue Jackets owner) could buy the Bills with no problems.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:23 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
You are allowed to own a NFL team if you own a team in the same market (so Pegula is allowed).

You are NOT allowed to own a NFL team if you own a team in a different sport that is in a different NFL market (so Jeremy Jacobs can't buy the Bills because he owns the Bruins, and there is a NFL team in the Boston market).

However, someone who owns a team in a market with no NFL team (so take for example the Columbus Blue Jackets owner) could buy the Bills with no problems.
I thought it was mentioned awhile back Pegula was not allowed. I find it interesting how you can't own two different teams in two different leagues from different markets. Don't some leagues have a rule your not allowed to own a team in other leagues? Could that be an NHL policy?(I don't follow the NHL so i'm asking)

Old
11-11-2012, 08:44 AM
whiplash

So what I'm predicting is: we're going to play a complete, well-coached game and actually win this one so I get all ****ing stoked and my hopes get up. ****ing Bills

Old
11-11-2012, 09:15 AM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
So what I'm predicting is: we're going to play a complete, well-coached game and actually win this one so I get all ****ing stoked and my hopes get up. ****ing Bills
good one

Old
11-11-2012, 12:09 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

From 3rd and inches to 3rd and 21

Old
11-11-2012, 12:09 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
I remember when it was 3rd and a half yard.... 3rd and 21? Stupid penalties already

Old
11-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Lol@scott

That was a 7 pt drop

Old
11-11-2012, 12:19 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Sigh...Gotta take advantage of your chances Scott/McKelvin. Granted, Welker dropped a sure 6 and that last play Branch should have caught it first, but still.

Old
11-11-2012, 12:20 PM
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Sigh...Gotta take advantage of your chances Scott/McKelvin. Granted, Welker dropped a sure 6 and that last play Branch should have caught it first, but still.
That play is a perfect example of why we stink. McKelvin can't make the play and we just hand them 3 points.

Closed Thread