HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 10:19 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Fitz is not the long term solution, but you can't pin that game on him.

The officials sucked, the defense dropped two cupcake balls that should have been picks, and didn't do enough to slow down the New England offense. They're good, but not unstoppable.
This sums up my feelings pretty well.

We still need a better QB. But Fitz was far from the reason we lost today. Defense was rotten.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:06 AM
dotcommunism

Fitzpatrick isn't the main reason the Bills lost this weekend, or the main source of their woes in general, but has he shown any ability to throw the deep ball on any sort of reasonably consistent basis?

Old
11-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Pondslider

The defense was supposed to be better this year, so that Fitzpatrick wouldn't be put in a situation where he has to win games week in and week out. The defense has completely failed the team.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Thursday's Bills/Dolphins game is officially sold out: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...0-b2dcaa19a9e2

Article also notes that 15,000 tickets remain for the Jaguars and Jets games, and 10,000 remain for the Rams game.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:38 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Per text from BuffaloBills.com, Fred Jackson is OUT against the Dolphins this week.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/1...nt-play-thurs/

Concussion.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:39 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Solid rant. I give it a 9 out of 10.

I think Fitz has been adequate in each of the last 3 weeks. Sure that INT against Tennessee was awful, but the main reason we lost that game was because the defense couldn't get a stop against Matt ********** Hasselback.

I'm actually in favor of keeping Gailey. He runs the offense relatively well, and I think he'd do a good job developing a young QB. Plus, who are we going to get that's better? Nobody wants to come to Buffalo. More than anything we need a new defensive coordinator. We have the talent on D to at least be average, and a good coordinator could get us there.

The team is playing much better now than they were earlier in the season. We went on the road to face the top 2 teams in the conference and hung in there both games.
Yeah Matt Hasselbeck had a field day and Chris Johnson who did nothing all year up to that point was on fire. If you wanna get out of an offensive funk play the Bills.

Gailey would be a good offensive cordinator. You have a point but what about Andy Reid? I have this hunch hes gunna get the axe. Before he got to Philly that franchise was a joke. The Bills are in a similar position.

Good point but Baltimore is ahead of NE FYI.

Fitz has 17 TD's to 10 INT's. I would love to see how many of the 10 were against the Jets, Niners and Pats(1st game) I would guess 7 or 8 of them. That would suggest he's at his worst when the games over.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Yeah Matt Hasselbeck had a field day and Chris Johnson who did nothing all year up to that point was on fire. If you wanna get out of an offensive funk play the Bills.

Gailey would be a good offensive cordinator. You have a point but what about Andy Reid? I have this hunch hes gunna get the axe. Before he got to Philly that franchise was a joke. The Bills are in a similar position.

Good point but Baltimore is ahead of NE FYI.

Fitz has 17 TD's to 10 INT's. I would love to see how many of the 10 were against the Jets, Niners and Pats(1st game) I would guess 7 or 8 of them. That would suggest he's at his worst when the games over.
That would be 8 of them. 3 against NYJ, 4 against the Pats the 1st time around, and 1 against the 49ers.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
Don't tell this to jerry sullivan. he's placing pretty much all the blame for the loss on fitz in his article today. idiot. when your qb outplays tom brady for most of the game, you should win. not his fault the defense can't do anything and the refs made a bunch of dubious calls.
Jerry is an old ogor who hates the Bills. He never has anything good to say about them lol. Were we watching the same game, Jerry? What about the play before when Chandler dropped a TD? He had a good game but he failed in the clutch! What about Fred fumbling twice in the 4th?(Though they got one back and the other just cancelled itself out)

It was the D. Fitz gets a small blame for the end. But nobody expected them to be in it either.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Per text from BuffaloBills.com, Fred Jackson is OUT against the Dolphins this week.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/1...nt-play-thurs/

Concussion.
The positive is that it means more carries for Spiller.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:58 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
The positive is that it means more carries for Spiller.
I feel for fred, but it's a total indictment of gailey that spiller can only get more touches when he's injured.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:10 PM
leeaf83

Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Fitz is around #20 for quarterbacks; below average but Brandon Weedon, Russel Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez, Blane Gabbert, Kevin Kolb/John Skelton, Jake Locker, and Matt Cassel are all easily a step behind Fitzpatrick with Philip Rivers, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, Christian Ponder, Tony Romo and Cam Newton all on a similar level.

Consider that Fitz has more TD's AND fewer INT's than Eli Manning and only one fewer TD than Tom Brady and Buffalo is far from having the worst QB situation in the league.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:31 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
I feel for fred, but it's a total indictment of gailey that spiller can only get more touches when he's injured.
So do I, he looked like last falls Fred yesterday. He just cant catch a break anymore.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:34 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
Fitz is around #20 for quarterbacks; below average but Brandon Weedon, Russel Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez, Blane Gabbert, Kevin Kolb/John Skelton, Jake Locker, and Matt Cassel are all easily a step behind Fitzpatrick with Philip Rivers, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, Christian Ponder, Tony Romo and Cam Newton all on a similar level.

Consider that Fitz has more TD's AND fewer INT's than Eli Manning and only one fewer TD than Tom Brady and Buffalo is far from having the worst QB situation in the league.
I actually like Romo(though I don't disagree with your analysis) Romo is just interesting to me, talented and can have dominant games. He messes up in the cluch though I can't say they are all his fault. The only one on your list I disagree with is Wilson, only because I think going forward he has an upside. Tannehill i'm not sold on.

I didn't realize Fitz was having a better year than Manning. Impressive. As for Brady he just doesnt seem himself this season when I watch him. He can still play though. Riddley might have something to do with this I guess.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:49 PM
leeaf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
I actually like Romo(though I don't disagree with your analysis) Romo is just interesting to me, talented and can have dominant games. He messes up in the cluch though I can't say they are all his fault. The only one on your list I disagree with is Wilson, only because I think going forward he has an upside. Tannehill i'm not sold on.

I didn't realize Fitz was having a better year than Manning. Impressive. As for Brady he just doesnt seem himself this season when I watch him. He can still play though. Riddley might have something to do with this I guess.
Romo at his best is better than Fitzpatrick at his best but bad Fitz is better than bad romo. I actually do think they're very comparable in skills, playing style and performance. It would be interesting to see what Fitz could do with Romo's receivers. The best QB's in the world still need someone to throw to. Jacksonville, Cleveland, KC, Zona, Seattle, Miami, Tennessee, and the Jets would take him and start him in a heartbeat if they could. If you told bills fans the offense would put up 31 points IN New England pre game, they would be happy with it.

Overall I like Fitzpatricks demeanour and attitude; say what you will but he never gives up; the season opener Buffalo had nothing go right in the first half but he never gave up and they brought it to a respectable level. This game there were times where it looked like New England would run away with it but he held on. Last year the victory against the patriots, Fitz kept fighting.
Thats why I don't buy into this 'cut fitzpatrick' talk. If they want to bring in Vick or draft a QB in the offseason, I'm all for it as Thigpen and Jackson are not the answer

Speaking of the dolphins, this is obviously THE GAME that decides the season. 3-7 and you can write them off. But look what's coming up; a winnable game in Indy followed by home games against Jacksonville, Rams, and Seahawks. Off to Miami for week 16 and a home game against the lowly Jets who will likely be starting Tim Tebow by then. If you want to be optimistic, they could run the table and finish 10-6 but even being pessimistic would indicate the only mildly difficult games remaining are the colts and seahawks so if they keep playing the way they did the last 2 losses against Houston and the pats, it'll be an 8-8 season at worst.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:23 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:

These QBs are a step above Fitzpatrick and Ponder and Bradford have done nothing to prove they are on the same level.

Just because you can smoke bad defenses like NE, Cleveland, Tennessee and KC doesn't mean you're a good QB. 0 TDs vs Houston, Arizona and San Fran says a lot.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:35 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Keep in mind 9-7 could get into the playoffs in the AFC...and winning both games against Miami and the game in Indy would provide some nice tiebreakers for the Bills.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:18 PM
leeaf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
These QBs are a step above Fitzpatrick and Ponder and Bradford have done nothing to prove they are on the same level.

Just because you can smoke bad defenses like NE, Cleveland, Tennessee and KC doesn't mean you're a good QB. 0 TDs vs Houston, Arizona and San Fran says a lot.
You could make an argument that all those guys have proven they are on the same level due to their poor games. Cutler, Rivers, Romo, and Newton have all looked like pro bowlers at some points but they have also had games where they looked like turnover machines and flat out took away their teams chance to win due to MULTIPLE turnovers. Rivers and Romo for instance both have games on their record this year of 4 turnovers when their teams lost by 2 scores or less. It's fine that you want to discredit Fitzpatricks positive stats in weak games but it's only fair you do the same to his poor stats in bad ones; the jets and 9ers destroyed the bills, those weren't just Fitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Keep in mind 9-7 could get into the playoffs in the AFC...and winning both games against Miami and the game in Indy would provide some nice tiebreakers for the Bills.
The games in Miami and Indy will be difficult, I'm inclined to think the hardest though might be the seattle game in toronto where until last year the bills were winless and the seahawks quietly have one of the best defenses. But we're talking 3 somewhat difficult matches out of 7 with 3 very favourable matches (miami, rams, and jets all at home) and a home game against Jacksonville which will probably be the first game in years buffalo will be favoured by double digits.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:24 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
You could make an argument that all those guys have proven they are on the same level due to their poor games. Cutler, Rivers, Romo, and Newton have all looked like pro bowlers at some points but they have also had games where they looked like turnover machines and flat out took away their teams chance to win due to MULTIPLE turnovers. Rivers and Romo for instance both have games on their record this year of 4 turnovers when their teams lost by 2 scores or less. It's fine that you want to discredit Fitzpatricks positive stats in weak games but it's only fair you do the same to his poor stats in bad ones; the jets and 9ers destroyed the bills, those weren't just Fitz.

The games in Miami and Indy will be difficult, I'm inclined to think the hardest though might be the seattle game in toronto where until last year the bills were winless and the seahawks quietly have one of the best defenses. But we're talking 3 somewhat difficult matches out of 7 with 3 very favourable matches (miami, rams, and jets all at home) and a home game against Jacksonville which will probably be the first game in years buffalo will be favoured by double digits.
Fitz threw three interceptions in the first quarter of the game against the Jets (thats why it got out of hand). His inability to throw accurately hurt the Bills against the 49ers (not that they would of won anyway).

Old
11-12-2012, 09:46 PM
thecatch22

Pumped to see Spiller free getting 15-20 carries on Thursday. I know they're bad but watching him getting the ball is pretty bloody cool. That screen on Sunday when he got out and took it for 15 or so was incredible.

They took a lot of **** for that pick but were patient and should reap the rewards for years. This kid can flat out play.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:11 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Romo at his best is better than Fitzpatrick at his best but bad Fitz is better than bad romo. I actually do think they're very comparable in skills, playing style and performance. It would be interesting to see what Fitz could do with Romo's receivers. The best QB's in the world still need someone to throw to. Jacksonville, Cleveland, KC, Zona, Seattle, Miami, Tennessee, and the Jets would take him and start him in a heartbeat if they could. If you told bills fans the offense would put up 31 points IN New England pre game, they would be happy with it.

Overall I like Fitzpatricks demeanour and attitude; say what you will but he never gives up; the season opener Buffalo had nothing go right in the first half but he never gave up and they brought it to a respectable level. This game there were times where it looked like New England would run away with it but he held on. Last year the victory against the patriots, Fitz kept fighting.
Thats why I don't buy into this 'cut fitzpatrick' talk. If they want to bring in Vick or draft a QB in the offseason, I'm all for it as Thigpen and Jackson are not the answer

Speaking of the dolphins, this is obviously THE GAME that decides the season. 3-7 and you can write them off. But look what's coming up; a winnable game in Indy followed by home games against Jacksonville, Rams, and Seahawks. Off to Miami for week 16 and a home game against the lowly Jets who will likely be starting Tim Tebow by then. If you want to be optimistic, they could run the table and finish 10-6 but even being pessimistic would indicate the only mildly difficult games remaining are the colts and seahawks so if they keep playing the way they did the last 2 losses against Houston and the pats, it'll be an 8-8 season at worst.
Still trying to comprehend the Jackson trade. Young didnt look good but Jackson isnt even the backup.

The only game I really am worried about is Indianapolis. The game is in Indy. Throw out the Jags game, they are terrible. The other 5 they have won were at home and by 5 points or less. The only real good team they beat is GB and the Packers were bad then. Minny is a tough team to figure. 6-4 but they have beat nobody good, remind me of last years Bengals. Seattle is terible on the road. 5 of the last 7 are at home. You couldn't ask for a better schedule. Only 2 of the opponents are above .500

The D just needs to improve a bit, if the O can play similar to this they'll be fine. I'm expecting 6-1 at worst.

Playoffs maybe, But the Bills already have 5 Conference losses. It's going to be hard for them to win a tiebreaker. You really needs the Chiefs to win tonight.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post

The only thing to like about Cam is he can run.

As for Rivers...the kid is talented but a pure choker. Romo is about the same.

Smith until last year was equivelant to watching Trent Edwards. I think he's kind of regressed some though this year, though the AZ game was impressive. But he did only throw it 19 times.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:31 AM
johnjm22

With the team playing a little better, and a lighter schedule in front of them, I think they'll win some games down the stretch. Not enough to make the playoffs, but enough to keep Gailey/Nix around.

I could see them going 8-8 or something.

...And I don't know what franchise QB Nix plans on getting, because I don't see any in this draft.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Just ignore that Fitz has played pretty damn well for a solid month up until and including this game.

You deserve this team
A whole month of somewhat-better-than-average play?

Quick, let's extend him

Last edited by Ralonzo: 11-13-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old
11-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
With the team playing a little better, and a lighter schedule in front of them, I think they'll win some games down the stretch. Not enough to make the playoffs, but enough to keep Gailey/Nix around.

I could see them going 8-8 or something.

...And I don't know what franchise QB Nix plans on getting, because I don't see any in this draft.
Just what we all want.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:18 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Just what we all want.
Want the playoffs but unfortunatly either have the same effect.

Closed Thread