Monday Night Raw Discussion thread #33

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 1200
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Having Brock AND Claudio come out would be even better, plus make Ryback look stronger by requiring even more people to beat him down. Not that I care about Ryback looking good because he can gtfo as far as I'm concerned but still.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:56 PM

vCash: 500
Being a Cena fan, I hope he gets back into the title picture. I don't want to feel stupid for my prediction of WM.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:10 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Heyman steals the key for the cell from the ref, throws it in to Punk. Lesnar comes out from under the ring, they beat the **** out of Ryback, cheerleader Cena runs out to save the day and can't get in the cage. Ryback keeps trying to get back up but they just beat him down again etc, easy enough.

Or

The above happens and Vince decides to have Ryback overcome both Punk and Brock
Please send an email to Vince so they can write the match this way. It would garner so much attention and build a huge 5 on 5 match for SS.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:57 AM
M.C.G. 31
SHUT UP, TOM!!!

vCash: 114
CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena and Team Lesnar vs. Team Ryback for Survivor Series sounds like a sweet double main event. Maybe if Ziggler cashes in and there's a Ziggler/Show/Sheamus triple threat, that could be decent too.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:07 AM
Big Poppa Puck
SAWFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
Ryback's pop was still **** on Raw this week during his entrance for his match with The Miz, he still gets Goldberg chants, and he still doesn't draw in TV audiences.

I'm glad Triple H has a working brain in his skull and wants Punk to retain the WWE Championship. Vince McMahon has obviously lost it.
The Albert chants are what buried any momentum Tensai coulda had. Goldberg ones could kill Ryback.

I mean the gimmick was dumb to begin with and he shoulda just came back as A-Train, but still.

Ryback sucks though. Is he even that over with the kids? Cause he sure as hell aint over with any one else. Giving him the US or IC belt is fine. But he can barely wrestle has no mic skills and some how goes from beating local jobbers and/or Curt Hawkins and JTG to a WWE Title match in a HiaC.

If he wins Sunday.... there are not enough 's

Old
10-27-2012, 07:28 AM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Being a Cena fan, I hope he gets back into the title picture. I don't want to feel stupid for my prediction of WM.
back in the title picture? LOL

the guy is practically ALWAYS in the title picture. I can't remember anyone getting more title shots than him after constantly losing his last title match

Old
10-27-2012, 07:29 AM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena and Team Lesnar vs. Team Ryback for Survivor Series sounds like a sweet double main event. Maybe if Ziggler cashes in and there's a Ziggler/Show/Sheamus triple threat, that could be decent too.
I wish Big Show would leave

Old
10-27-2012, 12:32 PM
RJ8812*

funny story. today when I went in to pick up my new car, and right when I walked into the dealership, Cult of Personality started to play....haha

Old
10-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
funny story. today when I went in to pick up my new car, and right when I walked into the dealership, Cult of Personality started to play....haha
Dealer: "So, what do you think of the car, Sir?"

RJ: "BEST IN THE WOOOOOOORLD!"

Old
10-27-2012, 01:02 PM
the chef
Just you know why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Looks at wrist..."It's clobberin time!"

Old
10-27-2012, 04:57 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

I'm confused which matches are in the cell for HIAC?

Old
10-27-2012, 05:00 PM
PierreMcGuire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I'm confused which matches are in the cell for HIAC?
Only CM Punk vs. The Ryback.

Old
10-27-2012, 05:04 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
Only CM Punk vs. The Ryback.
That's a shame. Kind of wanted to see a Brogue Kick the sent Big Show through one of the cell's walls.

Old
10-27-2012, 05:06 PM
PierreMcGuire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
That's a shame. Kind of wanted to see a Brogue Kick the sent Big Show through one of the cell's walls.
Yea.

I'm not a fan of having matches like Hell in a Cell, without good reason, but the Sheamus vs. Big Show match would defiantly benefit from being in the cell.

Old
10-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Hackett
BAKAMAN

I think they should just get rid of the cells altogether. They don't work in this era. I've never been a fan of cage matches either. Its hard to make them believable, when a guy can get to the top of the cage in 2 seconds, but then when they get top the top, they somehow forget how to take that final step.... and why climb the cage when its painfully obvious that the door is a better option?

Yeah, I know its all scripted, but something still has to be said about believability in order to buy into the story.

Old
10-27-2012, 06:03 PM
PierreMcGuire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I think they should just get rid of the cells altogether. They don't work in this era. I've never been a fan of cage matches either. Its hard to make them believable, when a guy can get to the top of the cage in 2 seconds, but then when they get top the top, they somehow forget how to take that final step.... and why climb the cage when its painfully obvious that the door is a better option?

Yeah, I know its all scripted, but something still has to be said about believability in order to buy into the story.
Hell in a Cell is fine. Cage matches I agree with you.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
F4Wonline.com reports security was instructed to take any and all signs mentioning Goldberg away from fans.

WWE officials were worried the signs would encourage the Goldberg chants even more with Ryback in the main event in Goldberg's hometown.
Boy, you sure showed how to stop Goldberg chants WWE!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2632...hell-in-a-cell

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
10-29-2012, 03:17 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Mark Madden rubs me the wrong way sometimes but his write up of last nights Main Event are perfect.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorial...9-they-blew-it

Old
10-29-2012, 03:29 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Mark Madden rubs me the wrong way sometimes but his write up of last nights Main Event are perfect.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorial...9-they-blew-it
The problem with this write up is that it makes no sense. Is he mad that Ryback was in the match to begin with? Is he mad he didn't get the title? What is he mad at?

I thought that match needed blood and a much bigger screw job (Lesnar/someone else) and it would have been ****ing great. We also needed one big spot. That's a HIAC match. Both guys could have looked like a million bucks.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
The problem with this write up is that it makes no sense. Is he mad that Ryback was in the match to begin with? Is he mad he didn't get the title? What is he mad at?

I thought that match needed blood and a much bigger screw job (Lesnar/someone else) and it would have been ****ing great. We also needed one big spot. That's a HIAC match. Both guys could have looked like a million bucks.
I think the problem with Lesnar screwing him over is that, likely a LOT of people would have expected it (or at least hoped for it). With the ref doing the job, helping Punk cover Ryback AND making the fast count, it was a huge clusterfudge of a shock to everyone. Watching it live, my eyes were coming out of my skull and I was yelling, "WHAT THE HELL? WHAT'S GOING ON!?" I think it was a good direction to go. This is the same ref that was forced to apologize to Punk and Heyman many weeks back, so now it comes full circle. Plus, he doesn't have to worry about AJ firing him - she threatened that if he screwed up again, he would be fired - as she resigned from GM duties.

Agreed on the blood though. You won't this destruction to be believable to the fullest extent, Punk had to wear the proverbial crimson mask last night. A few trickles of blood coming from his back didn't really cut it. It would have been absolutely amazing if Punk was crawling on top of the cell, blood dripping down his face, trying to get away as Ryback scooped him up for the Shell Shock.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:43 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

CS.. I don't think it matters if people expect it. Sometimes the expected route is the best route. You can surprise people other times. Stories should follow the expected path from time-to-time.

That's an issue in wrestling. They want to throw swerves when swerves don't need to be there.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
CS.. I don't think it matters if people expect it. Sometimes the expected route is the best route. You can surprise people other times. Stories should follow the expected path from time-to-time.

That's an issue in wrestling. They want to throw swerves when swerves don't need to be there.
That's a good point. I think when it comes to Lesnar, he'd be one of the only guys that could convince me of being equally-or-more powerful than Ryback.

I will say this, it was a let-down to have the main event match ended like that. I'm going to wait and see where they go with this though. Another thing I want to know is what the hell was up with the whole "cancel the match" schtick. I get they are going with the cowardly heel type thing, but does it really make sense to go down that route when they are also billing him as someone who demands respect, doesn't back away from a fight-type of guy?

Old
10-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

I'm not up-to-date on the Lesnar contract and I know people want Ziggler to cash-in on Big Show, but is there any way that Lesnar can go over Big Show and 'Team Heyman' can hold both titles for a bit? Big Show called out anyone who thinks they can beat him and the Brand Split doesn't really exist so there is no reason they can't run the angle as they see fit. Eventually, Ziggler can cash in - perhaps even on Lesnar - and put him over.

Old
10-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Crimson Skorpion
@CrimsonSkorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
I'm not up-to-date on the Lesnar contract and I know people want Ziggler to cash-in on Big Show, but is there any way that Lesnar can go over Big Show and 'Team Heyman' can hold both titles for a bit? Big Show called out anyone who thinks they can beat him and the Brand Split doesn't really exist so there is no reason they can't run the angle as they see fit. Eventually, Ziggler can cash in - perhaps even on Lesnar - and put him over.
He has a certain number of televised shows he's committed to appear on. Having him as champion would eat away at those dates pretty quickly.

Old
10-29-2012, 04:26 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Yeah but it's interesting to know how many he signed on. He's barely been in the picture except two feuds. And even on those, he wasn't week-to-week. This has to be one of the weirdest contracts that it would go a full year and seemingly less than a handful of shows.

Closed Thread