Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Monday Night Raw Discussion thread #33

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2012, 10:04 AM
The Man in White

vCash: 500
Going to watch HIAC just for the cluster**** ending. Should be quite amusing.

Old
10-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Aurel Joliat

When you post the number of viewers, is it only in United States or Worldwide ? Because some crappy french shows in Quebec get 3 millions of viewers...

Old
10-24-2012, 11:37 AM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
When you post the number of viewers, is it only in United States or Worldwide ? Because some crappy french shows in Quebec get 3 millions of viewers...
United States.

However, I doubt Raw in Canada (on The Score) has ever gotten more than 1 million viewers.

Old
10-24-2012, 11:51 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Shows that get 3 million viewers in Quebec are a rarity, my friend. Most popular shows get around 2M. Even your Canadiens, during the playoffs, don't sniff 3 million (but they're on cable, it's normal).

Old
10-24-2012, 12:36 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
How about Jericho's dumb comments on Ryback should beat Punk to give the audience something new? How stupid can that be? Ryback can't even lift Tensai or Paul Heyman for crying out loud. I could see if he was going to be the next Cena, but he's AWFUL. This little hype won't last long. Once fans realize he can't do crazy stuff like Lesnar or Goldberg... they will give up.

You have to be able to lift crazy things to keep that gimmick going. Ryback is embarrassing.

Old
10-24-2012, 12:41 PM
M.C.G. 31

I was looking at older ratings and noticed how 2006 had a nice rise in ratings compared to 2003-2006. Raw in 2006 had 4.0+ for 11 straight weeks and COULD have been the next wrestling boom. 2006 was the last great year for the WWE. A lot of emerging stars (who WWE eventually killed or buried to Cena), the Rated R Era of Edge, ECW, etc. so much was going on... and then 2007 came and it's been downhill ever since. Terrible.

Also, I'm comparing 2012 ratings to 1995 ratings now.

October 23, 1995: 2.2
October 22, 2012: 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
How about Jericho's dumb comments on Ryback should beat Punk to give the audience something new? How stupid can that be? Ryback can't even lift Tensai or Paul Heyman for crying out loud. I could see if he was going to be the next Cena, but he's AWFUL. This little hype won't last long. Once fans realize he can't do crazy stuff like Lesnar or Goldberg... they will give up.

You have to be able to lift crazy things to keep that gimmick going. Ryback is embarrassing.
see, I usually agree with Jericho because he's got a great wrestling mind, but that was just ridiculous. And then he went on and on about how Ryback should face The Rock, how The Undertaker should get involved and how Ryback should defeat The Undertaker at WrestleMania. That was terrible.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 1920
Raw is going to be in Charlotte next week, and I saw an ad for it earlier today.

They're advertising Punk vs Cena for the title.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:53 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post
Raw is going to be in Charlotte next week, and I saw an ad for it earlier today.

They're advertising CM Punk vs Cena for the title.
Just the dark match, means nothing. Half the time they change it anyway.

Still, I expect another Punk v Cena match in the near future. Maybe 2.

Old
10-24-2012, 01:55 PM
M.C.G. 31

Local ads running have CM Punk vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship as the advertised main event for Survivor Series and a team captained by Ryback vs. a team captained by Big Show.

card subject to change, remember.

Old
10-24-2012, 02:00 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
Local ads running have CM Punk vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship as the advertised main event for Survivor Series and a team captained by Ryback vs. a team captained by Big Show.

card subject to change, remember.
This makes a lot of sense actually. Big Show beats Sheamus, Dolph cashes in to take the title. Main event comes around, Big Show is angry about losing his title again, interferes and hunts down the biggest/baddest guy in the ring at the time...the Ryback. Punk escapes with the title, Cena waiting for him on the ramp. HIAC ends with Big Show standing over Ryback, and Punk/Cena staring each other down from opposite ends of the ramp.

I can live with this.

EDIT: I don't think Dolph is on the HIAC card is he? He's also not in any feuds at the moment. They need to get him on the ppv somehow.

Old
10-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
I was looking at older ratings and noticed how 2006 had a nice rise in ratings compared to 2003-2006. Raw in 2006 had 4.0+ for 11 straight weeks and COULD have been the next wrestling boom. 2006 was the last great year for the WWE. A lot of emerging stars (who WWE eventually killed or buried to Cena), the Rated R Era of Edge, ECW, etc. so much was going on... and then 2007 came and it's been downhill ever since. Terrible.
I watched wrestling regularly until sometime in 2005. After that I would put on Raw or ECW occasionally when I was bored or as background noise. I went to a Super Show in 07 cause my uncle had tickets and it was actually decent.

From 08ish until mid-2010 when I started watching again I don't think I turned it on even once.

I haven't watched an entire Raw since Summer Slam. Either something else has been on to watch or I've had better things to do. I just read the results or this thread to catch up on what I missed and if something peaks my interest I watch it on youtube or catch the replay.

WWE is like a roller coaster. And recently the writing has been bad. There's just so much worthy stuff and continuity issues that insult our intelligence. Of course they had it back in the day to but I find it harder to get over today. Maybe its cause I'm older now.

3 hours is too long too, especially if the extra hour is only being used for filler no one cares about.

Old
10-24-2012, 02:44 PM
M.C.G. 31

2006 was one of the best years for WWE and the final year of the Ruthless Aggression era. In 2007, it all went to **** with the Benoit situation, the drug scandal and the injuries that tore through the roster.

In 2006 though, holy ****...

- John Cena and Batista were still being built up as the two top stars and were over as ****.
- Edge's push was beginning and he was a large part of 2006.
- Rob Van Dam emerged until he got busted for marijuana.
- Triple H, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker were all full time.
- Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Lashley, Matt Hardy, Carlito, Chris Masters, Randy Orton, Umaga, Johnny Nitro, Shelton Benjamin, Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Finlay, William Regal, Gregory Helms, JBL, CM Punk, etc. all filled up the mid card and upper mid card positions. These guys were either talented, charismatic or just super over OR all of them together and made for some awesome ****ing television.

EDIT: Nowadays, if your name isn't Punk, Cena, Sheamus or Ryback, they don't care about you. There's so many talented guys that it can be like 2006 again if Creative stepped up. There's a lot of guys in FCW who can be huge draws, yet they're just left in FCW. Dean Ambrose should've been brought up already.

Old
10-24-2012, 02:51 PM
elias026

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
This makes a lot of sense actually. Big Show beats Sheamus, Dolph cashes in to take the title. Main event comes around, Big Show is angry about losing his title again, interferes and hunts down the biggest/baddest guy in the ring at the time...the Ryback. Punk escapes with the title, Cena waiting for him on the ramp. HIAC ends with Big Show standing over Ryback, and Punk/Cena staring each other down from opposite ends of the ramp.

I can live with this.

EDIT: I don't think Dolph is on the HIAC card is he? He's also not in any feuds at the moment. They need to get him on the ppv somehow.
Oh god theres no way Ryback can hit his finisher on big show

Old
10-24-2012, 03:04 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias026 View Post
Oh god theres no way Ryback can hit his finisher on big show
And he wouldn't have to in a 5 on 5 match.

If Mark Henry can superplex the Big Show, and Cena can put him up for the AA, then Ryback can manage his finisher. I don't think he would hoist him up the same way, but the move is basically just a walking samoan drop.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:05 PM
M.C.G. 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
And he wouldn't have to in a 5 on 5 match.

If Mark Henry can superplex the Big Show, and Cena can put him up for the AA, then Ryback can manage his finisher. I don't think he would hoist him up the same way, but the move is basically just a walking samoan drop.
He couldn't do his finisher on Paul ****ing Heyman and you expect him to do it on someone twice Heyman's size?

Old
10-24-2012, 03:17 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
He couldn't do his finisher on Paul ****ing Heyman and you expect him to do it on someone twice Heyman's size?
It was bad, but Heyman wasn't helping it along at all.

I don't think Ryback will be able to lift Big Show with the normal underhook dead lift he usually does, but if he puts him up for a samoan like a normal guy would execute it, then hooks the leg once he has him up....then yeah I think Ryback could hit his walking samoan on the Big Show.

If that doesn't work, and there's no reason to think it wouldn't, then have the Big Show perched on the top rope and Ryback flips him over for the finisher. There's a way around almost anything.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

Quote:
I could be wrong but i think the issue is the way he gets them up that causes the issue. He he did not try to dead lift them and went for the approach that Cena and Punk use to get him into a fireman carry he could pull it off everytime. But he tries to show off his strenghth and fails on bigger guys.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:18 PM
M.C.G. 31

I honestly think Ryback would drop Big Show on his head if Big Show was on his shoulders in that position.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 966
OT, but why do we have a RAW thread and not a Smackdown thread?

Old
10-24-2012, 03:58 PM
M.C.G. 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
OT, but why do we have a RAW thread and not a Smackdown thread?
We do. It's way down.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:58 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
I could be wrong but i think the issue is the way he gets them up that causes the issue. He he did not try to dead lift them and went for the approach that Cena and Punk use to get him into a fireman carry he could pull it off everytime. But he tries to show off his strenghth and fails on bigger guys.
Exactly. Once the guy's on his shoulders, the "shellshock" requires less strength than a fireman's carry, AA, GTS, etc...all you gotta do is fall backwards. The only problem is how Ryback lifts guys up, which can easily be worked around to get the finisher done.

Old
10-24-2012, 04:00 PM
M.C.G. 31

I was wrong before. The rating for the show was a 2.48, not a 2.5

Old
10-24-2012, 07:16 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

So is this Cena/AJ angle essentially the same thing TNA hinted at with Dixie Carter and AJ Styles?

Old
10-24-2012, 08:47 PM
M.C.G. 31

Night of Champions buyrate is a touch over 200,000, which is higher than the previous two years. Despite the product failing to produce compelling TV, the PPV business this year isn't doing too bad for them.

Old
10-24-2012, 09:09 PM
M.C.G. 31

DAT ZIGGLER VIDEO PACKAGE.

#showoff

Closed Thread