HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philly-Carolina

Old
02-17-2013, 01:27 AM
Hockyluv21

vCash: 500
Philly-Carolina

To Flyers:

D Jamie McBain (1 year, $1.8M per, then RFA)
LW Drayson Bowman (1 year, $600K, then RFA)
3rd Round Pick 2013

To Canes:

C Max Talbot (3 years, $1.75M per)
D Nick Grossmann (3 years, $3.5M per)

This deal only gets made if Flyers are out of contention this season. Canes get veteran help now and for the next three years on the 3rd line and top 4 D. Flyers get a young, developing PMD, long-term salary relief, and futures.

Hockyluv21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:35 AM
laundryman

I'd like to keep Grossmann. Would swapping Meszaros for Grossmann be acceptable from a canes perspective?

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:40 AM
Hockyluv21

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryman View Post
I'd like to keep Grossmann. Would swapping Meszaros for Grossmann be acceptable from a canes perspective?
Do you guys need long-term or short-term cap relief? Both would work IMO, cause actually I think either would look good on our team. Only concern with Mesz is injuries, may have to lower the draft pick to 4th w/ him as consequence.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:47 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Grossmann in there is a big no.

He and Coburn have been two of our best D men since they were united last season. He's signed to a good deal and has been playing better than we could have expected based on the Stars fans' posts about him.

Meszaros would probably be a better fit but with his injuries, he may not be a better fit for Carolina.

And Talbot is one of our better Defensive forwards so it's pretty counter productive to trade him

02-17-2013, 01:59 AM
Hockyluv21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Grossmann in there is a big no.

He and Coburn have been two of our best D men since they were united last season. He's signed to a good deal and has been playing better than we could have expected based on the Stars fans' posts about him.

Meszaros would probably be a better fit but with his injuries, he may not be a better fit for Carolina.

And Talbot is one of our better Defensive forwards so it's pretty counter productive to trade him
I don't doubt any of the facts that you just mentioned. However, when I checked the Flyers' cap situation, you guys are right up against it, with little roster mobility, especially with a lowered cap next season. Especially in an out-of-contention situation, it may be a good time to clear some cap space in this manner for off-season flexibility. To me, any of Talbot, Briere (in right deal), Meszaros, and Grossmann are good options to trade for futures/young roster players. Cause honestly, I don't consider any of them to be untouchables like Giroux, Coburn, Couturier, Hartnell, Voracek, the Schenns, and Simmonds (unlike other users, I try to make equal and intelligent trade proposals ).

Last edited by Hockyluv21: 02-17-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old
02-17-2013, 02:09 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockyluv21 View Post
I don't doubt any of the facts that you just mentioned. However, when I checked the Flyers' cap situation, you guys are right up against it, with little roster mobility, especially with a lowered cap next season. Especially in an out-of-contention situation, it may be a good time to clear some cap space in this manner for off-season flexibility. To me, any of Talbot, Briere (in right deal), Meszaros, and Grossmann are good options to trade for futures/young roster players. Cause honestly, I don't consider any of them to be untouchables like Giroux, Coburn, Couturier, Hartnell, Voracek, the Schenns, and Simmonds.
What that doesn't show is that we don't have anyone on LTIR.

Pronger can be LTIR'd.

7m to sign 3 or 4 players is easy. Becomes even easier if we moves Briere.

Not to mention that Laughton will be with the club next year. As will Gustafsson and Bourdon. So even with briere, we are at 11 forwards, 7 d men and 1 goaltender. Only need a backup and 1 or 2 forthliners with a few of the current ones being RFAs. It's not a big issue

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:44 AM
Carolinas Identity
Rangers Bandwagon

I think Carolina could get behind this.

Tlusty//Eric//Semin
Jokinen//Jordan//Skinner
Ruutu//Talbot//LaRose
Wallace//Brent//Westgarth

That looks pretty deadly in this humble fan's opinion. McBain rarley plays anyway so we'd also be upgrading our D as well. I'd prefer Grossman, but Meszaros would be good as well I think.

Gleason//Faulk
Pitkänen//(Grossman//Meszaros)
Harrison//Corvo

Sign me up

Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:42 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
I dont think the value is there for the Flyers. Like McBain but I think its just a littttttle lop sided.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote