HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rask Injured Overseas

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2012, 06:59 PM
  #76
cashman rules*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Timmins ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Thank God Timmy is still under contract.
What good is that with no hockey for a long long time

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:10 PM
  #77
jasonbaz77*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Players under contract with NHL teams should not be permitted to play in other leagues.

I don't care about the CBA- they want the contracts honored- yet they are endangering them everyday they play.

End of story.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:18 PM
  #78
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
Players under contract with NHL teams should not be permitted to play in other leagues.

I don't care about the CBA- they want the contracts honored- yet they are endangering them everyday they play.

End of story.
Oh, for heaven's sake. Rask could just as easily hurt himself working out with friends - as several players did this summer. Or trip over his cat, or whatever. Crap happens.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:22 PM
  #79
jasonbaz77*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Oh, for heaven's sake. Rask could just as easily hurt himself working out with friends - as several players did this summer. Or trip over his cat, or whatever. Crap happens.
Yeah...because that's the same thing. Hockey isn't prone to injuries.

The players can do no wrong in this street.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:27 PM
  #80
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
Yeah...because that's the same thing. Hockey isn't prone to injuries.

The players can do no wrong in this street.
What do you want them to do, swath themselves in bubble wrap until there's a settlement? They're athletes. They have to play/work out, or they'll lose their conditioning, and if/when the season starts, they'll all end up hurting themselves.

Physical activity carries a risk of injury, whether they're playing in the Extraliga or skating in a scrimmage at Havard.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:39 PM
  #81
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 34,733
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
What do you want them to do, swath themselves in bubble wrap until there's a settlement? They're athletes. They have to play/work out, or they'll lose their conditioning, and if/when the season starts, they'll all end up hurting themselves.

Physical activity carries a risk of injury, whether they're playing in the Extraliga or skating in a scrimmage at Havard.
Did Rask even have any sort of training camp after not playing for 7 months?

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:40 PM
  #82
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
Players under contract with NHL teams should not be permitted to play in other leagues.

I don't care about the CBA- they want the contracts honored- yet they are endangering them everyday they play.

End of story.
The only flaw here is that the owners locked out the players.

Making it impossible to honor their contracts.

Or make money.

So besides you advocating that owners have the ability to totally and absolutely deny players the right to make money, yeah, good point. Fascism is fascinating.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:46 PM
  #83
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,836
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
Yeah...because that's the same thing. Hockey isn't prone to injuries.

The players can do no wrong in this street.
Maybe most of them will be in game shape if the season ever starts since they are playing elsewhere.

I don't blame the players. They are young and want to play hockey. If they sit around and then try to play the chance for injury is greater.

Hopefully Tuukka is OK.

We all need the season to start soon so we can argue about the games being played in the NHL.

__________________
It's going to be a long Summer.
Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:54 PM
  #84
ronwm
Registered User
 
ronwm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: (South of) Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Can't say I disagree, but seeing one of, if not THE main face for the future constantly getting injured isn't a good sign...
It seems to be the main groin for the future that's having the trouble.


ronwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:54 PM
  #85
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Did Rask even have any sort of training camp after not playing for 7 months?
I'm pretty sure he did what all hockey players do - worked out, skated, and participated in so-called captain's practices leading up to what should have been training camp, and according to reports, then worked out with other Bruins before going to the Czech Republic.

The days of NHL players playing themselves into shape in training camp are long extinct.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:55 PM
  #86
BubbaBoot
Registered User
 
BubbaBoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mission Hill
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 10,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
Yoga is a bunch of leftist-commie claptrap!!!1!1!
So THAT'S where Timmy gets his political views.....

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:58 PM
  #87
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 34,733
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I'm pretty sure he did what all hockey players do - worked out, skated, and participated in so-called captain's practices leading up to what should have been training camp, and according to reports, then worked out with other Bruins before going to the Czech Republic.

The days of NHL players playing themselves into shape in training camp are long extinct.
I hear ya, was just wondering...No doubt he worked out all the way up til then, but wondering if he was able to ease into it or went full bore from the get go,,

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:03 PM
  #88
GordonHowe
Registered User
 
GordonHowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dorchester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,623
vCash: 500
"I'm tired of this crap. There must be something better."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
What do you want them to do, swath themselves in bubble wrap until there's a settlement? They're athletes. They have to play/work out, or they'll lose their conditioning, and if/when the season starts, they'll all end up hurting themselves.

Physical activity carries a risk of injury, whether they're playing in the Extraliga or skating in a scrimmage at Havard.
This.

If you want a primer on how the NHL has treated even its best players over the years, I say again, go ask Ted Lindsay. The same mindset obtains today. If not "animals," than certainly chattle. And no, Karl Marx is not my hero.

I was so happy the B's won in 2011. Nick of time. I've been such a fan, since I was a kid, yet I'm ready for a challenger, WHA style. Times have changed, witness the KHL. "Where you gonna go?" will not work anymore.

Given their arrogance & feckless mismangement, this time I hope NHL owners -- and the league itself -- get hurt. Bad. A bloody-minded sentiment, but that's how I feel.

"I'm tired of this crap. There must be something better."

Courtesy Wiki:

Players' union

That same year, Lindsay attended the annual pension plan meeting as the representative of the Red Wings players, where he found that the plan was kept secret. Later that year when he attended a promotion with football and baseball players, he found out that conditions in the other sports' pro leagues were much better. He was introduced to the lawyers for the players of the other leagues and became convinced that only through an association could the players' conditions be improved.

At a time when teams literally owned their players for their entire careers, the players began demanding such basics as a minimum salary and a properly funded pension plan. While team owners were getting rich with sold out arenas game after game,[citation needed] players were earning a pittance and many needed summer jobs to make a living. Almost all of these men had no more than a high school education and had been playing hockey as a profession all their working life. Superstars in the 1950s earned less than $25,000 a year and when their playing days were over, they had nothing to fall back on and had to accept whatever work they could get in order to survive.

Lindsay and star defenceman Doug Harvey of the Montreal Canadiens led a small group in an effort to organize the first National Hockey League Players' Association. In secret, all of the players at the time were contacted and asked for their support to form an "association", not a "union", which was considered going too far. Support was nearly unanimous.

Lindsay worked doggedly for the cause and many fellow players who supported the association were benched or sent to obscurity in the minor leagues. He and Harvey then became convinced that only a union could win the demands, and set up a schedule to get players' support on record to be certified as a union. In a defiant gesture, the Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings were targeted for certification votes. While Montreal's ownership was not opposing a union, Toronto's Conn Smythe was adamantly against it. In the United States, the four teams were controlled or under obligations to the Norris syndicate. Despite Smythe's efforts, the Toronto Maple Leafs players unanimously voted to organize. Next was the turn of Detroit to organize, and the Norrises would fight back.

When asked about the formation of the NHLPA, Lindsay remarked:





Actually, we don't have many grievances. We just felt we should have an organization of this kind.[4]




For his role in the establishing the original Players' Association, the Lester B. Pearson Award was renamed to the Ted Lindsay Award in his honor. In 1995, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation produced the hockey movie "Net Worth" that depicts Lindsay's battle to create the NHL Players' Association.

[edit] Trade to Chicago Black Hawks

Lindsay, one of the league's top players, was first stripped of his captaincy, then was traded to the Chicago Black Hawks. Jack Adams then planted rumours about Lindsay and false defamatory comments by him against his old team in the press, and showed a fake contract to the press, showing an inflated annual salary. The ruse worked and the Red Wings players rejected the union. Harvey suffered a similar fate, being traded from Montreal to the New York Rangers.

Lindsay initiated an anti-trust lawsuit against the league, alleging a monopoly since 1926. The players had a strong case, that could be easily proved with an exposure of the Norris syndicate's operations, and Frank Calder's efforts against the American Hockey Association (AHA) in 1926 and 1932, ironically involving James E. Norris on the AHA side. Also, the various Norris arenas were hiding revenues through ticket scalping and under-reporting arena capacities and actual ticket sales. Rather than face the lawsuit in court, the NHL, in an out-of-court settlement in February 1958, agreed to most of the players' demands, although the pension plan was not exposed until 1989, showing a surplus of $25 million. Although a union was not formed in 1958, a permanent union would be formed in 1967.

The attempt to organize the players was the subject of a 1995 TV movie by the CBC, entitled Net Worth, based on the Lindsay chapters in the book of the same name.[5]

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:37 PM
  #89
Mione134
Registered User
 
Mione134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 10,604
vCash: 500
Hopefully Its not serious.

Edit!

Not sure if this was posted but he said this to Czech tv.

"I slighty pulled my groin, it is not serious. I had groin problems last year so I took a little rest as a precaution."


Via Jedii on twitter who is the play by play announcer.


So perhaps its not serious.


Last edited by Mione134: 10-23-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:38 PM
  #90
jasonbaz77*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
The only flaw here is that the owners locked out the players.

Making it impossible to honor their contracts.

Or make money.

So besides you advocating that owners have the ability to totally and absolutely deny players the right to make money, yeah, good point. Fascism is fascinating.
LOL...if living in fascism guaranteed me 6 million/year....SIGN ME UP

They make money if they are under contract...that's what the contract does. And I am sure you say that if he gets hurt playing for another team the Bruins still need to pay out his salary right? I love how it goes both ways here.

Players= GOOD Owners = EVIL I get it.

Notice I didn't say anything about players who were not under contract? They can do whatever they want.

I often wonder if some people here are signed in at Happy Hour.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:40 PM
  #91
jasonbaz77*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
This.

If you want a primer on how the NHL has treated even its best players over the years, I say again, go ask Ted Lindsay. The same mindset obtains today. If not "animals," than certainly chattle. And no, Karl Marx is not my hero.

I was so happy the B's won in 2011. Nick of time. I've been such a fan, since I was a kid, yet I'm ready for a challenger, WHA style. Times have changed, witness the KHL. "Where you gonna go?" will not work anymore.

Given their arrogance & feckless mismangement, this time I hope NHL owners -- and the league itself -- get hurt. Bad. A bloody-minded sentiment, but that's how I feel.

"I'm tired of this crap. There must be something better."

Courtesy Wiki:

Players' union

That same year, Lindsay attended the annual pension plan meeting as the representative of the Red Wings players, where he found that the plan was kept secret. Later that year when he attended a promotion with football and baseball players, he found out that conditions in the other sports' pro leagues were much better. He was introduced to the lawyers for the players of the other leagues and became convinced that only through an association could the players' conditions be improved.

At a time when teams literally owned their players for their entire careers, the players began demanding such basics as a minimum salary and a properly funded pension plan. While team owners were getting rich with sold out arenas game after game,[citation needed] players were earning a pittance and many needed summer jobs to make a living. Almost all of these men had no more than a high school education and had been playing hockey as a profession all their working life. Superstars in the 1950s earned less than $25,000 a year and when their playing days were over, they had nothing to fall back on and had to accept whatever work they could get in order to survive.

Lindsay and star defenceman Doug Harvey of the Montreal Canadiens led a small group in an effort to organize the first National Hockey League Players' Association. In secret, all of the players at the time were contacted and asked for their support to form an "association", not a "union", which was considered going too far. Support was nearly unanimous.

Lindsay worked doggedly for the cause and many fellow players who supported the association were benched or sent to obscurity in the minor leagues. He and Harvey then became convinced that only a union could win the demands, and set up a schedule to get players' support on record to be certified as a union. In a defiant gesture, the Toronto Maple Leafs and Detroit Red Wings were targeted for certification votes. While Montreal's ownership was not opposing a union, Toronto's Conn Smythe was adamantly against it. In the United States, the four teams were controlled or under obligations to the Norris syndicate. Despite Smythe's efforts, the Toronto Maple Leafs players unanimously voted to organize. Next was the turn of Detroit to organize, and the Norrises would fight back.

When asked about the formation of the NHLPA, Lindsay remarked:





Actually, we don't have many grievances. We just felt we should have an organization of this kind.[4]




For his role in the establishing the original Players' Association, the Lester B. Pearson Award was renamed to the Ted Lindsay Award in his honor. In 1995, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation produced the hockey movie "Net Worth" that depicts Lindsay's battle to create the NHL Players' Association.

[edit] Trade to Chicago Black Hawks

Lindsay, one of the league's top players, was first stripped of his captaincy, then was traded to the Chicago Black Hawks. Jack Adams then planted rumours about Lindsay and false defamatory comments by him against his old team in the press, and showed a fake contract to the press, showing an inflated annual salary. The ruse worked and the Red Wings players rejected the union. Harvey suffered a similar fate, being traded from Montreal to the New York Rangers.

Lindsay initiated an anti-trust lawsuit against the league, alleging a monopoly since 1926. The players had a strong case, that could be easily proved with an exposure of the Norris syndicate's operations, and Frank Calder's efforts against the American Hockey Association (AHA) in 1926 and 1932, ironically involving James E. Norris on the AHA side. Also, the various Norris arenas were hiding revenues through ticket scalping and under-reporting arena capacities and actual ticket sales. Rather than face the lawsuit in court, the NHL, in an out-of-court settlement in February 1958, agreed to most of the players' demands, although the pension plan was not exposed until 1989, showing a surplus of $25 million. Although a union was not formed in 1958, a permanent union would be formed in 1967.

The attempt to organize the players was the subject of a 1995 TV movie by the CBC, entitled Net Worth, based on the Lindsay chapters in the book of the same name.[5]
animals that are paid $6 million/year to play a kids game. Rough life...I am sure they would love to trade their rough lives for yours.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:51 PM
  #92
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
LOL...if living in fascism guaranteed me 6 million/year....SIGN ME UP

They make money if they are under contract...that's what the contract does. And I am sure you say that if he gets hurt playing for another team the Bruins still need to pay out his salary right? I love how it goes both ways here.

Players= GOOD Owners = EVIL I get it.

Notice I didn't say anything about players who were not under contract? They can do whatever they want.

I often wonder if some people here are signed in at Happy Hour.
You don't know 1) the facts 2) what you said.

1. If he gets hurt playing for another team in another league, when he comes back the Bruins can void his contract. It is why every NHL player gets insurance.

(And no, I would not say the Bruins should have to still pay him. STRAWMAN ALARMS ARE FREAKING OUT MAN!

Just because it would help cover up your asinine statement, it is not true.)

2. You said that if you are under contract you shouldn't be able to play somewhere else, even though the other side is not honoring the contract and preventing you from making money. You said they should be able to stop you from making money anywhere. That one person refusing to let you work for him, even though he agree to that with a contract, should then be able to stop you from working anywhere.

That is so un-American I anticipate a hit country song that is not very flattering of you.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:54 PM
  #93
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,224
vCash: 50
Pulls himself for precautionary reasons.



Gets 4 pages on how injury prone he is.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:57 PM
  #94
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,985
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Artemis;55228445]I'm pretty sure he did what all hockey players do - worked out, skated, and participated in so-called captain's practices leading up to what should have been training camp, and according to reports, then worked out with other Bruins before going to the Czech Republic.

The days of NHL players playing themselves into shape in training camp are long extinct.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, calling BS on this. The days of players drinking and smoking themselves out of shape are long gone, but ask any athlete and they will tell your there is a huge difference from being in shape and being in "game shape".

Do you think football players endure training camp because they like hanging with sweaty guys all summer?

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 09:36 PM
  #95
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,897
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=GloryDaze4877;55230643]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I'm pretty sure he did what all hockey players do - worked out, skated, and participated in so-called captain's practices leading up to what should have been training camp, and according to reports, then worked out with other Bruins before going to the Czech Republic.

The days of NHL players playing themselves into shape in training camp are long extinct.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, calling BS on this. The days of players drinking and smoking themselves out of shape are long gone, but ask any athlete and they will tell your there is a huge difference from being in shape and being in "game shape".

Do you think football players endure training camp because they like hanging with sweaty guys all summer?
NHL training camps last a matter of a few days before they're playing exhibition games, and even then players complain that they're too long. Football training camps are an entirely different animal. You can't get a bunch of guys together and simulate football game conditions - you can with hockey players.

Was Rask in shape to play games without going through a week of drills under Julien's eye? Of course he was, just as every other NHL player was, because they kept on working out, and scrimmaging together, just like training camp. I haven't seen reports that they'be been dropping like flies in Europe, and if Rask WASN'T in shape, and his injury was due to that, shouldn't he have suffered it weeks ago, when he first went over?

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 09:40 PM
  #96
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Pulls himself for precautionary reasons.



Gets 4 pages on how injury prone he is.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 09:41 PM
  #97
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
LOL...if living in fascism guaranteed me 6 million/year....SIGN ME UP

They make money if they are under contract...that's what the contract does. And I am sure you say that if he gets hurt playing for another team the Bruins still need to pay out his salary right? I love how it goes both ways here.

Players= GOOD Owners = EVIL I get it.

Notice I didn't say anything about players who were not under contract? They can do whatever they want.

I often wonder if some people here are signed in at Happy Hour.
Good lord, of someone's contract isn't being honored, they have the right to do what they want. That's not even something anyone in their right mind should question.

And as Everett Mike pointed out, the players have their own insurance. They're not expecting the teams to pay.

What do you want the NHL to do next, take away their passports?

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 09:50 PM
  #98
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,985
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Artemis;55232043]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post

NHL training camps last a matter of a few days before they're playing exhibition games, and even then players complain that they're too long. Football training camps are an entirely different animal. You can't get a bunch of guys together and simulate football game conditions - you can with hockey players.

Was Rask in shape to play games without going through a week of drills under Julien's eye? Of course he was, just as every other NHL player was, because they kept on working out, and scrimmaging together, just like training camp. I haven't seen reports that they'be been dropping like flies in Europe, and if Rask WASN'T in shape, and his injury was due to that, shouldn't he have suffered it weeks ago, when he first went over?
This is pure and utter speculation on your part.

I'm not saying Rask doesn't have the right to go overseas and earn a living if he's locked out here, but I would hope that he had a proper training camp, because yes, they have those in Europe,even though you seem to think they are some antiquated notion. I believe they were in August for the SEL teams?

And who cares if the players think camp is too long, are they doctors now too?

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:22 PM
  #99
stick9
Registered User
 
stick9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I'm pretty sure he did what all hockey players do - worked out, skated, and participated in so-called captain's practices leading up to what should have been training camp, and according to reports, then worked out with other Bruins before going to the Czech Republic.

The days of NHL players playing themselves into shape in training camp are long extinct.
There is a difference between a brisk skate with the boys in july and competive hockey in a professional league.

I am sure those sessions are toned down due to lack of training staff on hand and the risk of injury.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 10:38 PM
  #100
echlfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
animals that are paid $6 million/year to play a kids game. Rough life...I am sure they would love to trade their rough lives for yours.
NYCBruin please name me one skill which you have above the top 750 ppl in the "entire world"??? Please note again the entire world!!! 7.047 Billion ppl live in the world...What is 750/7.047B ppl??? Without these ppl(the players) there is no revenue of $3.3B...if these ppl can generate 3.3B I think they deserve at least 50/50 and what the owners said that they would pay them???

You can't name the skill which would generate such revenue because you don't have the skill set which would create such revenue. NHL players do!!!! There is no argument for the janitor, the mill worker, the teacher, the police man...although they possess such reputable jobs which are greater than a hockey player...their jobs do not create revenue which NHL hockey players jobs do... although their job is much more beneficial to society it financially pails to comparison when compared to $$ generated to their given profession. NHL players generate 3.3 BILLION dollars and based on their skill set get paid accordingly...sure a mucking fwd gets paid 1/2M dollars, but employers diem him fit to earn that 1/2m dollars...if a janitor were one of the best 750 out 7B ppl then he too should paid accordingly!!!

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.