HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

2012 CBA Discussion III (Lockout Talk)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-03-2012, 11:23 AM
  #401
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days
 
Grasshopperking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Manchester, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,161
vCash: 500
Larry Brooks:
1/2. Don Fehr memo last night to players: "You may have seen media reports of supposed league 'offer' regarding make-whole aspect..."
2/2 Fehr: "There have been no proposals from either side since Oct. 18. You should not read too much into reports of informal phone calls."

Bummer

Grasshopperking is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 01:03 PM
  #402
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,741
vCash: 500
I don't believe there will be a season, and even if there is a condensed schedule it will not be the same.

I place 60% of blame on NHL and 40% on NHLPA, but that's just me. They are both quite in the wrong.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 01:49 PM
  #403
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
I don't believe there will be a season, and even if there is a condensed schedule it will not be the same.

I place 60% of blame on NHL and 40% on NHLPA, but that's just me. They are both quite in the wrong.
Why not a 50/50 split? Just like the HRR!

Ratty is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 01:54 PM
  #404
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,132
vCash: 50
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
I'm certain of this, based on number of texts received from players. They want a deal and want their leadership to focus on getting it done.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Not to say the players are caving...they're not, but they want focus to remain on negotiations and away from petty memos to media.

Shaun is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 02:23 PM
  #405
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 17,265
vCash: 1340
Allan Walsh ‏@walsha

What? Now you're telling us what the players want? Why don't you leave that to Don Fehr, the NHLPA and the players. @DarrenDreger

Fire Julien is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 04:22 PM
  #406
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 26,896
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
why would soon-to-be 80 year old Ed Snyder, soon-to-be 73 year old Jeremy Jacobs, and 82 year old Mike Illitch want to settle this thing. After all, time is on their side....and the 150 plus players that will never play again in they miss this season, and the other 50-100 paranoid ones who wonder- why make a deal...

I'm sure these owners would rather see 1.4 B in their obituary than 1.25 B and forget the season.



I'm still sticking with my original prediction this is done by November 15th- yall git dat.

DKH is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 05:11 PM
  #407
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 13,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
why would soon-to-be 80 year old Ed Snyder, soon-to-be 73 year old Jeremy Jacobs, and 82 year old Mike Illitch want to settle this thing. After all, time is on their side....and the 150 plus players that will never play again in they miss this season, and the other 50-100 paranoid ones who wonder- why make a deal...

I'm sure these owners would rather see 1.4 B in their obituary than 1.25 B and forget the season.



I'm still sticking with my original prediction this is done by November 15th- yall git dat.
Your prediction has made it real easy for me to remain unconcerned about any of this. I marked Veterans day when you mentioned that week and have done pretty well in forgetting the Bruins since then. Whether you're right or wrong- thanks for the peace of mind these last few weeks.

JMiller is online now  
Old
11-03-2012, 05:27 PM
  #408
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,737
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Your prediction has made it real easy for me to remain unconcerned about any of this. I marked Veterans day when you mentioned that week and have done pretty well in forgetting the Bruins since then. Whether you're right or wrong- thanks for the peace of mind these last few weeks.
Same for me. I said the NHL would be back by the WC...I still say by Jan 2013.

If not I will try to get to a few P Bruins games. I went to one in Manchester and it was fun.

__________________
It's going to be a long Summer.
Ladyfan is online now  
Old
11-03-2012, 05:31 PM
  #409
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 26,896
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Your prediction has made it real easy for me to remain unconcerned about any of this. I marked Veterans day when you mentioned that week and have done pretty well in forgetting the Bruins since then. Whether you're right or wrong- thanks for the peace of mind these last few weeks.
The way I look at this is we have two sides. Each side is made up of many people and represented by an individual (Fehr and Bettman) who work for and are paid by said side. This is not man-o-man, or a dictatorship.

Both sides have very powerful people like Mike Illitch, Ed Snyder who aint getting any younger and have huge stakes in getting this resolved. Both are well on the back nine and seem to enjoy their hockey teams based on the amount of time they spend involved and at those venues. Illitch was going to parlay the WC into a two week Winter Wonderland around the City of Detroit that would have brought in gazillions to that area with college hockey, top high school tourneys, public skating- just a celebration of the game.

As for our guy- if Jacobs is more happy making money than he looked on the night of June 15th I'd like to see it. He may not be the age of the others but I'm sure as he comes up on his 73rd birthday he's not excited about blowing out those candles.

However, the bottom line is- with these 3 and most of the others- the Stanley Cup. That is the Holy Grail they want especially Snyder as we saw with the Weber bombshell. I'm pretty confident these guys know sooner (or later) there will be a deal and there will be a season and they'll be a good to great deal for the owners, and the competition and adulation that these guys get (and cant anywhere else) from owning these teams.

also, the players- we don't even have to go there. Most want a deal- a decent deal; and they want to get back. Donald Fehr is going to have trouble shutting up the inevitable unwanted comments coming- especially in the social media age that wasn't even close to this when he did the Baseball deal in 1994, or when hockey last went out in 2004.

If this was two stubbon people that end up in divorce that is one thing- but there are hundreds, many powerful, and these two (Fehr and Bettman)in the end work for them.

If I am wrong I am wrong- but really, its just so pathetic, and narrow minded, and two many visionaries and rational people involved on both sides that will get this done- hopefully sooner (so Kate can drink at 10 the day after Thanksgiving) than later


Last edited by DKH: 11-03-2012 at 05:37 PM.
DKH is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 05:39 PM
  #410
Jdawg*
I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
For the love of god just sign a damn deal!!!!!!!

Jdawg* is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 05:41 PM
  #411
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,737
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE DONNYBROOKS View Post
For the love of god just sign a damn deal!!!!!!!
^this

Ladyfan is online now  
Old
11-03-2012, 05:41 PM
  #412
gvkmedia
Preaching B's hockey
 
gvkmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Oshawa.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,158
vCash: 500
I agree with Dan - by Nov 15th we have a deal.

I also think there is a nudge - nudge - wink - wink thing with the WC. I believe if we settle this week or early next - the WC will be on again.

The NHL wants to have a bone to throw to us fans and a re instated WC is the bone.

gvkmedia is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 05:58 PM
  #413
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 13,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
The way I look at this is we have two sides. Each side is made up of many people and represented by an individual (Fehr and Bettman) who work for and are paid by said side. This is not man-o-man, or a dictatorship.

Both sides have very powerful people like Mike Illitch, Ed Snyder who aint getting any younger and have huge stakes in getting this resolved. Both are well on the back nine and seem to enjoy their hockey teams based on the amount of time they spend involved and at those venues. Illitch was going to parlay the WC into a two week Winter Wonderland around the City of Detroit that would have brought in gazillions to that area with college hockey, top high school tourneys, public skating- just a celebration of the game.

As for our guy- if Jacobs is more happy making money than he looked on the night of June 15th I'd like to see it. He may not be the age of the others but I'm sure as he comes up on his 73rd birthday he's not excited about blowing out those candles.

However, the bottom line is- with these 3 and most of the others- the Stanley Cup. That is the Holy Grail they want especially Snyder as we saw with the Weber bombshell. I'm pretty confident these guys know sooner (or later) there will be a deal and there will be a season and they'll be a good to great deal for the owners, and the competition and adulation that these guys get (and cant anywhere else) from owning these teams.

also, the players- we don't even have to go there. Most want a deal- a decent deal; and they want to get back. Donald Fehr is going to have trouble shutting up the inevitable unwanted comments coming- especially in the social media age that wasn't even close to this when he did the Baseball deal in 1994, or when hockey last went out in 2004.

If this was two stubbon people that end up in divorce that is one thing- but there are hundreds, many powerful, and these two (Fehr and Bettman)in the end work for them.

If I am wrong I am wrong- but really, its just so pathetic, and narrow minded, and two many visionaries and rational people involved on both sides that will get this done- hopefully sooner (so Kate can drink at 10 the day after Thanksgiving) than later
Losing a season doesn't make sense for anybody. Only real threat is if either side starts believing their own ********.

I wasn't joking about marking the calender with your prediction either- made a ton of sense then and still does. If it doesn't happen, then that's life.

JMiller is online now  
Old
11-03-2012, 08:05 PM
  #414
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT
 
Buckets and Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvkmedia View Post
I agree with Dan - by Nov 15th we have a deal.

I also think there is a nudge - nudge - wink - wink thing with the WC. I believe if we settle this week or early next - the WC will be on again.

The NHL wants to have a bone to throw to us fans and a re instated WC is the bone.
That's a mighty ****** bone.

I don't care it got cancelled, affects 2 teams.

Play some games throughout New Years Day and I am just as happy to watch those hungover on my couch as an outdoor game.

Buckets and Gloves is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 10:43 PM
  #415
Lobster57
Registered User
 
Lobster57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
That's a mighty ****** bone.

I don't care it got cancelled, affects 2 teams.

Play some games throughout New Years Day and I am just as happy to watch those hungover on my couch as an outdoor game.
That's how i feel about the WC as well. Was mildly interested when it was the B's, but not much more than for any other regular season game. I wouldn't miss it if they never did it again

Lobster57 is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:43 PM
  #416
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,792
vCash: 500
Cancellation of the Winter Classic is a big deal. Even if your team is not participating, to see the attention this event brings to our favourite sport, is amazing.

I was really looking forward to Jan 1 and the Wings and Leafs on the frozen surface at the Wolverines field. Over 100,000 fans in attendance in the teeth of winter to view two original six teams battle it out between them and the elements, gets this hockey fan in a tizzy.

I hope they can play it next year at the same venue.

Ratty is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:47 PM
  #417
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Just home from Niagara and a crazy hockey game, but.....

It's midnight and S Fehr and Daly are still talking.

Break through in progress.

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 11:59 PM
  #418
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Just home from Niagara and a crazy hockey game, but.....

It's midnight and S Fehr and Daly are still talking.

Break through in progress.
I wish I could still punch them both in the face.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:28 AM
  #419
Mione134
Registered User
 
Mione134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 10,529
vCash: 500
Meetings are still taking place at this hour.

My guess is that Daly and Fehr are doing this right now.



lets hope something gets done.

Mione134 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:31 AM
  #420
WickedBruinsGirl
06.15.11
 
WickedBruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: loge 19 ♥
Country: United States
Posts: 14,084
vCash: 500
Hope we all wake up to promising and positive news.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:10 AM
  #421
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
Hope we all wake up to promising and positive news.
Well, I'm at it bright and early (thank goodness for the time change and the extra hour)

I guess right now no news is good news. Looks like they will continue to meet today at the undisclosed location *cough cough* which is a good sign - because no one walked away.

My guess: They are working off the owners last offer with the NHL guaranteeing they will cover the make whole provision 100% out of pocket. But there's going to have to be some give on both sides on other issues.

HRR agreed to
Current contracts guaranteed (seems like an agreement)
Those are the two big issues. Let's hope its not one of the small things that slows things down

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:48 AM
  #422
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 14,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Well, I'm at it bright and early (thank goodness for the time change and the extra hour)

I guess right now no news is good news. Looks like they will continue to meet today at the undisclosed location *cough cough* which is a good sign - because no one walked away.

My guess: They are working off the owners last offer with the NHL guaranteeing they will cover the make whole provision 100% out of pocket. But there's going to have to be some give on both sides on other issues.

HRR agreed to
Current contracts guaranteed (seems like an agreement)
Those are the two big issues. Let's hope its not one of the small things that slows things down
Didn't S. Fehr say if they can get the HRR and contracts agreed to, they could negotiate the rest in under 6 hours?

Morris Wanchuk is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:55 AM
  #423
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
That's a mighty ****** bone.

I don't care it got cancelled, affects 2 teams.

Play some games throughout New Years Day and I am just as happy to watch those hungover on my couch as an outdoor game.
exactly, plus to call a Leafs vs Wings match a Classic is so untrue

ODAAT is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 06:01 AM
  #424
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Didn't S. Fehr say if they can get the HRR and contracts agreed to, they could negotiate the rest in under 6 hours?
Something to that effect. While the big guys weren't talking the smaller issues were being discussed at sub-committee level (at least until this last stalemate) so there is some mutual ground there. Those small issues have been worked on for almost 3 months now.

So 6 hours? Possibly. After that, it'll take the lawyers days to write the agreement.

Can't wait to read it !!

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 07:55 AM
  #425
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 26,896
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Something to that effect. While the big guys weren't talking the smaller issues were being discussed at sub-committee level (at least until this last stalemate) so there is some mutual ground there. Those small issues have been worked on for almost 3 months now.

So 6 hours? Possibly. After that, it'll take the lawyers days to write the agreement.

Can't wait to read it !!
if they have problems I hope we don't have to hear about it; get the thing done and lets see all the goodies that are attached- will we see two expansion teams? is Winnipeg now in the West (although a back to back in Tampa and Winnipeg in February would be good for the blood)....how many games? how long are players bound to teams (I like this because we don't see the Kessel stuff happen and I like familiarity)

If they can get this done and be playing by the end of the month they could probably fit in 60 or so games- keep games regional for this year and keep travel close to compensate for the more games in less calendar days....I'm optimistic don't **** with me

DKH is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.