a few items about the Jeff Lazaro Experiment

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2003, 02:12 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
a few items about the Jeff Lazaro Experiment

a couple of things I remember about Jeff. First off, his father and mother sat 3 seats to my left and his father used to wear headphones (I assume he was listening to the game but it easily could have been those self help tapes because he had a content look on his face; he was older, and by that I mean he was probably in his 50's atleast whereas Jeff was mid 20's at most) I was told or read his uncle was the famous blind golfer Joe (?) Lazaro who was often in the papers back in the 70's and 80's; Lazaro had blazing speed but that was about it;

but the most lasting memory I had was a memory I missed out on???? Let me explain: The Broons were playing the Wings on a Saturday afternoon game at the Gahden. The game was all but over and me and my wife were going to meet another couple over at a bar/restaurant over by Fanuel Hall (damn, I can't remember- its the one with all the Dave DeBushierre pictures on the wall around the corner from the front of the entrance to FH)...for one of the few times I left early with about 40 seconds left- less than a minute. It ends up a brawl breaks out and McCrimmon playing for Detroit almost chokes Lazaro to death- he goes out cold and is on the ice. I believe Probert had either gotten into a fight with Quintal just before which I thought I saw and then other fights broke out. Yzerman got stuff thrown at him on way out and that led to the protective plexiglass. It was quite a brawl regardless and I missed it :mad: but hey, my wife says, we got a good seat at the bar

Old
09-20-2003, 02:20 PM
Bruwinz37

I remember that as well. I believe there was a mini-melee in the runway as well right? Also I believe they had a rematch that year in Detroit on New Years eve......and nothing really happened.

Old
09-20-2003, 02:28 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
I remember that as well. I believe there was a mini-melee in the runway as well right? Also I believe they had a rematch that year in Detroit on New Years eve......and nothing really happened.
actually I remember that night- because my wife was pissed at me (whats new) about watching the game and not getting ready to go out. The Broons won I think 6-3 and I remember that Gerard Gallant got in a fight ????- it just stands out for some reason he got in a fight; he also had a bad back at the time I think. Actually, this may qualify me for a combo award- bad husband/good fan Award. Somehow, I don't think this will replace Great Game, Good Guys

Old
09-20-2003, 02:29 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
actually I remember that night- because my wife was pissed at me (whats new) about watching the game and not getting ready to go out. The Broons won I think 6-3 and I remember that Gerard Gallant got in a fight ????- it just stands out for some reason he got in a fight; he also had a bad back at the time I think. Actually, this may qualify me for a combo award- bad husband/good fan Award. Somehow, I don't think this will replace Great Game, Good Guys
I'm talking about New Years Eve game- I was the one pissed the Saturday afternoon game :p

Old
09-20-2003, 02:56 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
I'm talking about New Years Eve game- I was the one pissed the Saturday afternoon game :p
To young to remember most of the good ol days, but i do remember that game, especially the Lazaro incident, when he was down on the ice ourt of it, couldnt see it on tv really, but heard fred and derek, and yes, Quintal and Probert went at for a while, mostly wrestling with Quintal tieing him up and them going around the ring allot.......

Was the Gellard fight with neely? and did he get bootef for it?

Old
09-20-2003, 02:57 PM
Tim O'Reilly

Garry Galley is on the Team 1200 sports radio station here in Ottawa and he talks about that fight all the time. He says that Quintal took a beating that game but the boys had great respect from him for taking on Probert. Galley talks about it all the time when callers ask about the Sens getting a stand up guy.

Old
09-20-2003, 05:12 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
a couple of things I remember about Jeff. First off, his father and mother sat 3 seats to my left and his father used to wear headphones (I assume he was listening to the game but it easily could have been those self help tapes because he had a content look on his face; he was older, and by that I mean he was probably in his 50's atleast whereas Jeff was mid 20's at most) I was told or read his uncle was the famous blind golfer Joe (?) Lazaro who was often in the papers back in the 70's and 80's; Lazaro had blazing speed but that was about it;

but the most lasting memory I had was a memory I missed out on???? Let me explain: The Broons were playing the Wings on a Saturday afternoon game at the Gahden. The game was all but over and me and my wife were going to meet another couple over at a bar/restaurant over by Fanuel Hall (damn, I can't remember- its the one with all the Dave DeBushierre pictures on the wall around the corner from the front of the entrance to FH)...for one of the few times I left early with about 40 seconds left- less than a minute. It ends up a brawl breaks out and McCrimmon playing for Detroit almost chokes Lazaro to death- he goes out cold and is on the ice. I believe Probert had either gotten into a fight with Quintal just before which I thought I saw and then other fights broke out. Yzerman got stuff thrown at him on way out and that led to the protective plexiglass. It was quite a brawl regardless and I missed it :mad: but hey, my wife says, we got a good seat at the bar

The 87-88 Bruins fights tape was the best. Problem is, I can't find it! I've searched high and low and it's GONE! I have so many kids videos, it would take the national Guard to go through them.

Old
09-20-2003, 07:02 PM
supernova

Jeff Lazaro, I had forgot all about that name. I loved the way Cuzick put a litte extra ummph on Lazaro when he did something.

Closed Thread