HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Front Office 2013 NHL Mock

Old
06-17-2013, 08:28 PM
FrontOffice

vCash: 500
Front Office 2013 NHL Mock

I present to you my second annual Mock Draft. Refer to my 2012 Mock, which was unreal, if you're curious about accuracy of my picks. I believe there will be a large amount of movement regarding draft order during this draft however I will do the mock as if there are none. Assuming Boston wins the cup as well. So lets get this started. Colorado, you're up boys:

1. Colorado Avalanche: Nathan Mackinnon- Patrick's first draft with the Avs and he heads back to the Q for his first selection. Simply the BPA. Never draft for need at this position.

2. Florida Panthers: Seth Jones- Tallon wanted Mac but will have to 'settle' for Jones. He thinks long and hard about taking the supremely skilled Drouin but continues to add to a nice collection of blueline prospects in Florida.

3. Tampa Bay Lightning: Jonathan Drouin- Whispers of Tampa coveting Barkov and Nichushkin make this an intriguing pick but Yzerman loves the skill set of Drouin and sees him as St.Louis replacement down the line.

4. Nashville Predators: Sasha Barkov- Worst kept secret in the NHL. Nashville wants this kid and wants him bad. Great upside and will develop nicely under Trotz.

5. Carolina Hurricaines: Sean Monahan- This pick will likely be traded but if not they opt to stay in North America and select the 67's Monahan.

6. Calgary Flames: Elias Lindholm- Feaster runs to the podium and begins the Post Iggy era with his first of three picks. Great player to start the rebuild in Calgary.

7. Edmonton Oilers: Nikita Zadorov- MacTavish opts for the London Knight monster on the back end. A raw punishing Dman with room to grow offensively, this Chara-lite will look good in the new rink in Edmonton.

8. Buffalo Sabres: Valeri Nichushkin- Buffalo laughs all the way to the podium to select the falling Russian. Poor combine performance and interviews don't scare off Darcy as he happily reunites Nich with Grigorenko from the 2012 draft.

9. New Jersey Devils: Bo Horvat- Late riser on draft boards. Future captain and playoff warrior, Lou is happy to reach for the Knights forward.

10. Dallas Stars: Darnell Nurse- Jim Nill starts his tenure off in Dallas by taking the athletic Nurse. He knows him well as he spent time checking up on Sproul in the Sault. He will follow the Detroit model and let this young man marinade for a few years but when he matures... look out.

11. Philadelphia Flyers: Sam Morin- Philly dips back into the Q and take the giant Morin. His U18 tournament sold the Flyers on his ability to be a number 2 or 3.

12. Phoenix Coyotes: Curtis Lazar- This guy just looks like a Coyote pick. They like his intangibles along with a good skill set.

13. Winnipeg Jets: Hunter Shinkaruk- Highly skilled player stays out west and the Jets are all too happy to snatch the MHTiger.

14. Columbus Blue Jackets: Rasmus Risolainen- Finnish GM Finnish player... Make no mistake this is a big time player and will look good patrolling the Blueline for the BJs.

15. New York Islanders: Valentin Zykov- Great player, minimal scare of KHL factor as Zykov came over and played in Baie Comeau, a less than attractive destination in the Q.

16. Buffalo: Adam Erne
17. Ottawa:Alex Wennberg
18. Detroit: Kerby Rychel
19. CBJ: Max Domi
20. San Jose: Frederik Gauthier
21. Toronto: Arturri Lehkonen
22. Calgary:Josh Morissey
23. Washington:Ryan Hartman
24. Vancouver: Robert Hagg
25. Montreal:Morgan Klimchuk
26. Anaheim:Anthony Mantha
27. CBJ: Mirco Mueller
28. Calgary: Zach Fucale
29. Chicago:Shea Theodore
30. Dallas:Ryan Pulock

There you have it folks. Tough to predict this draft as there are so many players that could go in the first round. GMs would be smart to hang onto their second and third round selections. Now that I think of it... I should be a GM. Cheers!

FrontOffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:41 PM
McMozesmadness
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontOffice View Post
Refer to my 2012 Mock, which was unreal, if you're curious about accuracy of my picks
Do you have a link to your brilliance?

McMozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:41 PM
Dark Knight
Let's go Blue Jays!

Love it for Toronto.

06-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

Don't see morin climbing to 11 and Pulock dropping to 30.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 09:01 PM
BarDownBobo

vCash: 512
Don't think Edm would pass on Nichushkin, too much talent there to pass on. Plus he fills a need.

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 09:03 PM
West Coast Bias*

Send a message via ICQ to West Coast Bias* Send a message via AIM to West Coast Bias* Send a message via Yahoo to West Coast Bias*
Does Andre Burakowsky fall down a well in your mock, or do you actually think he doesn't go in the first round?

West Coast Bias* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 09:03 PM
NH57
That's Right Coach T

As much as I like Klimchuk, Montreal probably wouldn't pass on Mantha if he fell to 25.

NH57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Don't really want Hagg. We don't need any more "all round" defensemen, especially on the left side. Give us Pulock(RD fills a need) or Mantha(high risk, high reward)

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

vCash: 50
I'd be pissed if the Sharks took Gauthier. We have like 6 two-way top-9 centers in the org, of all ages. Gimme Klimchuk or Burakovsky.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Brolaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
Do you have a link to your brilliance?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...187&highlight=

Brolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:05 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolaf View Post
Only 5 were right, and 4 of them were the first 4...

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 11:30 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Only 5 were right, and 4 of them were the first 4...
Nope, he got 6 right, the first four, Girgensons at 14, and Matheson to Florida.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 03:01 AM
MPStoEberletoHall*

Not sure why people think Pulock will fall so much this would be an unreal draft for the flames though

MPStoEberletoHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Sundinisagod
Sniper

Well you got Reinhart at 4 last year, which was pretty hard to predict. I thought the Leafs were going with Forsberg at that point too.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Sundinisagod
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Not sure why people think Pulock will fall so much this would be an unreal draft for the flames though
Because Bobby Mac has said some scouts have him top 10, while some have him 2nd round.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Sundinisagod
Sniper

Can't see the Leafs drafting a small, concussed Euro with their 1st.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Love Domi at 19 for the CBJ, don't think he'll actually last that long.

Very much doubt 2 out of three first round picks go defense especially considering how closely rated everyone is past the top 10-12.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:14 AM
ChesterNimitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Don't see morin climbing to 11 and Pulock dropping to 30.
If anything, Morin may go higher and Pulock may fall out of the first round. The latter has Josh Godfrey written all over him.

ChesterNimitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:02 AM
jacketman10

Domi will not last to 19. We will not be selecting two defensemen in the first. I would bet a large amount on that. This mock is all over the place. I would be happy with those first two picks. Mueller is out, in favor of Pulock, if we did select more than one defenseman.

jacketman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:21 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontOffice View Post
I present to you my second annual Mock Draft. Refer to my 2012 Mock, which was unreal, if you're curious about accuracy of my picks. I believe there will be a large amount of movement regarding draft order during this draft however I will do the mock as if there are none. Assuming Boston wins the cup as well. So lets get this started. Colorado, you're up boys:

1. Colorado Avalanche: Nathan Mackinnon- Patrick's first draft with the Avs and he heads back to the Q for his first selection. Simply the BPA. Never draft for need at this position.

2. Florida Panthers: Seth Jones- Tallon wanted Mac but will have to 'settle' for Jones. He thinks long and hard about taking the supremely skilled Drouin but continues to add to a nice collection of blueline prospects in Florida.

3. Tampa Bay Lightning: Jonathan Drouin- Whispers of Tampa coveting Barkov and Nichushkin make this an intriguing pick but Yzerman loves the skill set of Drouin and sees him as St.Louis replacement down the line.

4. Nashville Predators: Sasha Barkov- Worst kept secret in the NHL. Nashville wants this kid and wants him bad. Great upside and will develop nicely under Trotz.

5. Carolina Hurricaines: Sean Monahan- This pick will likely be traded but if not they opt to stay in North America and select the 67's Monahan.

6. Calgary Flames: Elias Lindholm- Feaster runs to the podium and begins the Post Iggy era with his first of three picks. Great player to start the rebuild in Calgary.

7. Edmonton Oilers: Nikita Zadorov- MacTavish opts for the London Knight monster on the back end. A raw punishing Dman with room to grow offensively, this Chara-lite will look good in the new rink in Edmonton.

8. Buffalo Sabres: Valeri Nichushkin- Buffalo laughs all the way to the podium to select the falling Russian. Poor combine performance and interviews don't scare off Darcy as he happily reunites Nich with Grigorenko from the 2012 draft.

9. New Jersey Devils: Bo Horvat- Late riser on draft boards. Future captain and playoff warrior, Lou is happy to reach for the Knights forward.

10. Dallas Stars: Darnell Nurse- Jim Nill starts his tenure off in Dallas by taking the athletic Nurse. He knows him well as he spent time checking up on Sproul in the Sault. He will follow the Detroit model and let this young man marinade for a few years but when he matures... look out.

11. Philadelphia Flyers: Sam Morin- Philly dips back into the Q and take the giant Morin. His U18 tournament sold the Flyers on his ability to be a number 2 or 3.

12. Phoenix Coyotes: Curtis Lazar- This guy just looks like a Coyote pick. They like his intangibles along with a good skill set.

13. Winnipeg Jets: Hunter Shinkaruk- Highly skilled player stays out west and the Jets are all too happy to snatch the MHTiger.

14. Columbus Blue Jackets: Rasmus Risolainen- Finnish GM Finnish player... Make no mistake this is a big time player and will look good patrolling the Blueline for the BJs.

15. New York Islanders: Valentin Zykov- Great player, minimal scare of KHL factor as Zykov came over and played in Baie Comeau, a less than attractive destination in the Q.

16. Buffalo: Adam Erne
17. Ottawa:Alex Wennberg
18. Detroit: Kerby Rychel
21. Toronto: Arturri Lehkonen
22. Calgary:Josh Morissey
23. Washington:Ryan Hartman
24. Vancouver: Robert Hagg
25. Montreal:Morgan Klimchuk
26. Anaheim:Anthony Mantha
29. Chicago:Shea Theodore
30. Dallas:Ryan Pulock

There you have it folks. Tough to predict this draft as there are so many players that could go in the first round. GMs would be smart to hang onto their second and third round selections. Now that I think of it... I should be a GM. Cheers!
I love the majority of your picks!! Good thinking! However I'm gonna copy your post with a few of my own adjustments....

3. Tampa Bay Lightning: Jonathan Drouin- Whispers of Tampa coveting Barkov and Nichushkin make this an intriguing pick but Yzerman loves the skill set of Drouin and sees him as St. Louis replacement down the line.

4. Nashville Predators: Sasha Barkov- Worst kept secret in the NHL. Nashville wants this kid and wants him bad. Great upside and will develop nicely under Trotz and would be a great fit alongside Filip Forsberg. Also, when is the last time the Preds had a No. 1 center?? Maybe Peter Forsberg in 2007....Something the Preds have lacked in recent years.

5. Carolina Hurricanes: Darnell Nurse- The Hurricanes have no identity on the back-end, and that stops with Darnell Nurse. Yes, they have prospects including Ryan Murphy coming up but he with go through the grind of the AHL first before making the jump. But with Skinner, J. Staal, E. Staal, Tlusty, Semin, and Ruutu upfront, the Canes need depth on D.

7. Edmonton Oilers: Nikita Zadorov- MacTavish opts for the London Knight monster on the back end. A raw punishing Dman with room to grow offensively, this Chara-lite will look good in the new rink in Edmonton. Also Zadorov will be good for the Oil in regards to salary for the future of the Oilers with most of their bucks going to the skilled forwards.

8. Buffalo Sabres: Valeri Nichushkin- Buffalo laughs all the way to the podium to select the falling Russian. Poor combine performance and interviews don't scare off Darcy as he happily reunites Nich with Grigorenko from the 2012 draft. Both are huge Russians standing at 6'3 and could see them on a line with Vanek in the near future.

9. New Jersey Devils: Bo Horvat- Late riser on draft boards. Future captain and playoff warrior, Lou is happy to reach for the Knights forward. Great on faceoffs, plays 200 feet, and has oozes of leadership potential. The next Patrice Bergeron....

10. Dallas Stars: Hunter Skinkaruk- I see similarities to Jamie Benn...am I right?? Idk...Essentially, the Stars lack a second-line center and need depth at the forward positions. He also talented enough to move up and play alongside Eriksson and Benn on the first line.

12. Phoenix Coyotes: Curtis Lazar- This guy just looks like a Coyote pick. They like his intangibles along with a good skill set. Could be the next captain when Shane Doan retires.

13. Winnipeg Jets: Sean Monahan- He falls to the fact he's a player that GM's definitely like but don't love. That's not a knock on Monahan, but I also see him developing into a possible No. 1 center in Winnipeg whereas I don't see him developing into a top tier center on any other team except maybe New Jersey. Similarities to Sean Couturier are imminent, and like Couturier he falls in the draft a bit. But is a perfect fit with his great defensive and two way play with the Jets.

14. Columbus Blue Jackets: Anthony Mantha- Huge winger at 6'4 not to mention he scored 50 goals in the QMJHL, and plays the game with immense speed despite his big size. Could develop well alongside Ryan Johansen and dare I say it Blue Jacket fans, but he reminds more of Rick Nash. But he needs to learn to use his big body to his advantage more, like Rick Nash to succeed at the next level.

16. Buffalo: Rasmus Ristolainen
17. Ottawa: Alex Wennberg
18. Detroit: Andre Burakovsky
21. Toronto: Adam Erne
22. Calgary: Josh Morissey
23. Washington: Robert Hagg
24. Vancouver: Morgan Klimchuk
25. Montreal: Ryan Hartman
26. Anaheim: Kerby Rychel
29. Chicago: Ryan Poluck
30. Dallas: Shea Theodore

tjziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

CBJ won't be taking 2 Dmen in 1st round...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:37 PM
FrontOffice

Appreciate the comments all. A few things...

I appreciate the feedback and the opinion on my picks but I always find it funny when posters see a mock and say things along the lines of "..no way CBJ take 2 dmen". A draft is a crapshoot, virtually impossible to predict. Imagine if someone had mocked Blake Wheeler at 5th overall a week prior to his draft; or Thomas Hickey at 4? The poster would been exiled from the site.

Re: my picks. Domi at 19, I think he falls a bit due to size. Gauthier to SJ, I like him here big man with skills and some untapped offence, I think we're looking at something more than a 3rd liner. And who better to learn from than Joe Thornton. Montreal passing on Mantha, Bergevin will not be pressured by the Montreal market (Louis Leblanc anyone?) to pick the Quebec kid. Highly skilled player without matching work ethic. Not the culture he wants in LaBelle Province.

Old
06-19-2013, 06:34 PM
FrontOffice

Have it on good authority that the Avs will not be taking Jones with the first pick. Word is they are leaning toward the 3 forwards (Mac, Drouin, Barkov). Sorry can't reveal my source (it's Sakic) but certainly going to throw a wrench in the top of the order for some teams.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:13 PM
HanSolo
aka DuckJet

vCash: 68
Can't complain.

HanSolo is offline   Reply With Quote