HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Luongo Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2012, 03:44 PM
vanwest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
What a ridiculous statement.

Shea Weber was just a second round pick as well.

Matt Finn has shown that he has wonderful potential so far. He plays the most minutes on the blue line, and is a catalyst in every situation. I think the Leafs managed to draft another player that could slot into the top three D positions within 3 or 4 years.

Mike Gillis would be looking for where that horseshoe is hidden in his behind if he could get Burke to include Finn in any deal for Roberto.
No, a ridiculous statement would be to include Finn and Shea Weber in the same sentence. Talk about over valuing your prospects! The reality is that all of the GM's this summer got together and made their draft picks and Finn went in the second round. Since then he has played maybe a dozen games in the OHL. To argue that he is untouchable at this stage is a bit of a stretch. He may very well turn out to be a good player but hardly untouchable.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Minimalist*

Luongo + Hansen + 2nd

for

Kulemin + Bozak + Kadri

Old
10-25-2012, 03:47 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist View Post
Luongo + Hansen + 2nd

for

Kulemin + Bozak + Kadri
No from Van. Not sure why you want us to ship Hansen away when he clearly has more value to us than TO.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Minimalist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
No from Van. Not sure why you want us to ship Hansen away when he clearly has more value to us than TO.
Kulemin is a big upgrade over Hansen.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Scurr

Quote:
In salary, yes. In play? No.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:56 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Vancouver needs more players like Hansen, not less. Kulemin after last year has a lot of question marks around him.
We have lots of those players who aren't quite good enough to be top sixers.

Old
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Mike Gillis would be looking for where that horseshoe is hidden in his behind if he could get Burke to include Finn in any deal for Roberto.

Mike Gillis doesn't have to get Burke to include anything. He hasn't even approached Luongo with any offer Burke has made. Hasn't asked Luongo to waive his NTC for TO. Burke and Luongo haven't even talked... Tallon and Lu have though... If things stay as they are with the TO offer, what changes in the process? Is MG suddenly going to talk to Luongo about considering TO if the offer doesn't change? Nope.

Things stay as they are, Luongo doesn't go to TO. It's that simple. No horseshoes required.

Old
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Kulemin is redundant on this team. We have a smaller faster version of him in Raymond on this team already & we want an upgrade at top 6 not same old same old 2nd/3rd line tweeners.

Hansen is a steal at $1.35M/year. He is worth that on his defensive play alone but then you add in his recent offensive output & physicality & he is a perfect 3rd line winger. No reason to get rid of him.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:57 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
I don't think so. I think both players are fairly equal, except Kulemin has gotten more opportunities in offensive roles. I really like the basis of your trade, I would just switch Hansen for Raymond and take a worse prospect than Kadri in return. That way Kulemin could play on the 2nd line with Kesler and Booth, and Hansen could continue to anchor our bottom 6. Something like:

Luongo + Raymond
Kulemin + Bozak + Ross

I'm also not very high on Kadri coming to Vancouver so long as AV is coach.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I still find it amusing that his cap-circumventing contract is looked down upon. It just seems weird to have to defend it.
Especially now that it looks likely we'll be on the hook later. It'd make more sense for us to keep him, get the savings ourselves now and pay the penalty later, rather than letting another team benefit and have us pay the piper later. Too bad he wants out.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Curious, how so?

Old
10-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Minimalist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Vancouver needs more players like Hansen, not less. Kulemin after last year has a lot of question marks around him.
We have lots of those players who aren't quite good enough to be top sixers.
Do you know anything about Kulemin?

He is just as good if not better than Hansen defensively.

He busts his arse every shift, is a complete workhorse, and is absolutely solid in his own zone. He is everything Hansen is with a higher offensive ceiling. Not to mention he physical and can hit too. And he slots into a top 6 role much better than Hansen. Which gives AV all sorts of options with the second line.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:02 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
No, a ridiculous statement would be to include Finn and Shea Weber in the same sentence.
For the record, I never compared the two in terms of skill. I was simply pointing out how ridiculous it was to say Matt Finn is "just a second round pick." Watch some games Finn plays in and you'll see what I'm talking about.

But who are you kidding. You knew exactly what I was talking about: stop detracting from how out of touch with reality your comment was.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Minimalist*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
I don't think so. I think both players are fairly equal, except Kulemin has gotten more opportunities in offensive roles. I really like the basis of your trade, I would just switch Hansen for Raymond and take a worse prospect than Kadri in return. That way Kulemin could play on the 2nd line with Kesler and Booth, and Hansen could continue to anchor our bottom 6. Something like:

Luongo + Raymond
Kulemin + Bozak + Ross

I'm also not very high on Kadri coming to Vancouver so long as AV is coach.
I like this trade too. But I'm not sure Burkie would be keen on Raymond. My gut tells me he'd want Hansen.

Plus, AV or not, we seriously need to restock our cupboards. Say what you want about Kadri, his is still a very good prospect. And gives us much better organizational depth.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:03 PM
vanwest

Quote:

He busts his arse every shift, is a complete workhorse, and is absolutely solid in his own zone. He is everything Hansen is with a higher offensive ceiling. Not to mention he physical and can hit too. And he slots into a top 6 role much better than Hansen. Which gives AV all sorts of options with the second line.
I know a lot about Kulemin. Hansen is our Danish army knife. Kills penalties and can slot in on any line and plays big in the playoffs. As for offensive ceiling, Jannick Hansen is on a cheap contract and scored twice as many goals as Kulemin last year. No thanks.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:05 PM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:

So Kulemin is exactly like Hansen except he scored less and is paid more?

Kulemin is a tweener, an arguement can be made that he's superior to Raymond.

Hansen fits perfectly on the Canucks team.

Old
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
wow..

I would much rather have kulie on my team than hansen...

Old
vanwest

Quote:
For the record, I never compared the two in terms of skill. I was simply pointing out how ridiculous it was to say Matt Finn is "just a second round pick." Watch some games Finn plays in and you'll see what I'm talking about.

But who are you kidding. You knew exactly what I was talking about: stop detracting from how out of touch with reality your comment was.
He's a high second round pick. Every team claims that they really got a first rounder in the second round. Some GM's even try to claim that they got the best player in the draft with their 5th pick.
The reality is that other GM's decided he was a second round pick. To say that he is much more after a dozen junior games is jumping the gun.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:08 PM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
wow..

Toronto values Kulemin more because they can slot in tweeners into their top 6.

Vancouver values Hansen more because he slots in their elite 3rd line role, while being much cheaper.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Especially now that it looks likely we'll be on the hook later. It'd make more sense for us to keep him, get the savings ourselves now and pay the penalty later, rather than letting another team benefit and have us pay the piper later. Too bad he wants out.

It is too bad he wants out. The Canucks will never be allowed to so readily abuse the cap as they had with this deal. A very efficient number. In fact, it was so well done that it didn't generate much of any ire from the league, so as to avoid a Kovalchuk-like penalty.

If we could apply that contract right now to someone that warranted it, like the twins, I would be more than pleased doing so.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:11 PM
vanwest

Quote:
wow..

2011/2012 Stats
Hansen
82 16 23 39
Kulemin
70 7 21 28

I'll take the Danish guy who gets third line minutes even without looking at contracts.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:13 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Top player yes, but the 1st rounder is standard fare when it comes to trades like this. Burke does not get Lu without that 1st IMO. (Unless of course Gardiner replaces it).
there was no 1st rounder in the heatley trade

Old
10-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
there was no 1st rounder in the heatley trade

Are the Canucks getting a Michalek like player back? If so, no first required. If not, then I'd expect the 1st.

In other words, if the deal's value takes into account the missing 1st, then I can see why it wasn't included. But generally, deals like this have a pattern.

Old
10-25-2012, 04:21 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
2011/2012 Stats
Hansen
82 16 23 39
Kulemin
70 7 21 28

I'll take the Danish guy who gets third line minutes even without looking at contracts.
yea lets take hansen's career best numbers and take kulemin's carrer worst numbers...

also mind hansen played on the presidential winning hockey club.

Kulie can do it all.. he just had a off year

Old
10-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Scurr

Quote:
wow..

That works out great because Canuck fans feel the same about Hansen over Kulie

Closed Thread