HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
Have you tried copy/paste the URL into VLC player?

http://www4.hockeystreams.com/suppor...s+Media+Player
Going to give it a try. Should work.

No games for any league today ? :S

Note: Sorry mods not spamming/ changing subject.

Old
12-18-2012, 06:14 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Since when is Tinordi wearing the A? Good for him!
Just recently, I was surprised to see it since he's a 20 year old rookie but good on him indeed. The one thing I really like about the Dogs this year is that the effort is usually always there, lots of hard working kids like Tinordi on the team which is good to see at least. Going to be interesting to see what some of the kids can do in a couple years, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Gallagher, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerbeerhockey View Post
Like Dumont, anyone think he could have a role on 4th line with the Habs?
I don't know what management has in mind for him, I love the way he plays but I don't know if he can be a regular 4th liner or not as I do wonder if his small frame will hinder him especially with the way he plays as he brings it every night. If not though he might be a good depth forward to have around since you know he's going to work hard and do whatever he can to help the team win but it also depends on what sort of roster we will have next year assuming there is a next year.

Old
12-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't know what management has in mind for him, I love the way he plays but I don't know if he can be a regular 4th liner or not as I do wonder if his small frame will hinder him especially with the way he plays as he brings it every night. If not though he might be a good depth forward to have around since you know he's going to work hard and do whatever he can to help the team win but it also depends on what sort of roster we will have next year assuming there is a next year.
So is he the next Steve Begin?

Old
12-18-2012, 07:10 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
So is he the next Steve Begin?
He does remind me a bit of Begin, although Begin was more dirty and a bit more aggressive physically (although Begin was bigger)

but not sure he will be as good as Beign was in say '05-'06 where he had 11 goals, 23 points and 113 pims while being a +9.

Old
12-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Gotta feel bad for Blake Geoffrion, he was doing so well at the beginning of the season now with a metal plate on his head it does seem possible to ever see him in a NHL uniform. Pure bad luck.

Last edited by Alexdaman: 12-19-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old
12-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Tim Wallach

First off, I'll admit up front I haven't seen more than 1 or 2 Bulldogs games this year, so my opinion is based mostly off stats, which I know is flawed.

However, should I be getting very worried about Leblanc? I was hoping for some decent production this year. I know he had the injury setback, but by this stage, his numbers should be more impressive.

And I'm officially ready to give up on Palushaj. I just don't see it happening for him.

Old
12-19-2012, 08:23 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
First off, I'll admit up front I haven't seen more than 1 or 2 Bulldogs games this year, so my opinion is based mostly off stats, which I know is flawed.

However, should I be getting very worried about Leblanc? I was hoping for some decent production this year. I know he had the injury setback, but by this stage, his numbers should be more impressive.

And I'm officially ready to give up on Palushaj. I just don't see it happening for him.
No, not yet.

Old
12-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Gotta feel bad for Blake Geoffrion, he was doing so well at the beginning of the season now with a metal plate on his head it does seem possible to ever see him in a NHL uniform. Pure bad luck.

Is he out for the year?

Old
12-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
No, not yet.
I'm glad to hear that. In your opinion, are his stats mis-leading? Is he still looking like he has the tools?

I've just never seen enough from him to indicate he'll blossom into what we're hoping.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:32 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that. In your opinion, are his stats mis-leading? Is he still looking like he has the tools?

I've just never seen enough from him to indicate he'll blossom into what we're hoping.
His biggest problem this year is consistency, he has a good/great game every 2 or 3 games and in those games he doesn't put up points, but playing with plugs like Stortini won't help him, that's for sure. Some are saying he's still injured, maybe it's the case.

His tools are just fine to become an NHLer, he could improve his shot and his skating a bit, but what will make an average to above-average NHLer is his hockey IQ, he's just so smart on the ice. You could see last year he wasn't physically ready to be in the league, but he never looked out of place, just because he knew what to do and when to do it.

Old
12-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
but playing with plugs like Stortini won't help him, that's for sure.
So he is still playing on the 3rd line?
Why? I dont get this.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
His biggest problem this year is consistency, he has a good/great game every 2 or 3 games and in those games he doesn't put up points, but playing with plugs like Stortini won't help him, that's for sure. Some are saying he's still injured, maybe it's the case.

His tools are just fine to become an NHLer, he could improve his shot and his skating a bit, but what will make an average to above-average NHLer is his hockey IQ, he's just so smart on the ice. You could see last year he wasn't physically ready to be in the league, but he never looked out of place, just because he knew what to do and when to do it.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to try to get to see him shortly. I just was starting to wonder if he lacked the finish and play-making skills to put up decent numbers.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Et le But

The problem with Leblanc is he isn't great at any one thing, even at the AHL level.

I'm not worried about him yet, but I think there are valid concerns about his upside.

Old
12-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The problem with Leblanc is he isn't great at any one thing, even at the AHL level.

I'm not worried about him yet, but I think there are valid concerns about his upside.
I'm worried about him. Not by any means am I writing him off but honsetly he should be able to have a huge impact on the game at the NHL level. If not as a scorer then as a possession player who's on the puck in all three zones.

I don't know if injuries are taking a toll, if he's flatlined in terms of his development or if he's just having a setback (perfectly normal if he is), but yeah, I'm starting to worry a bit him ever being even a good third liner. Still too soon to tell, of course.

Old
12-19-2012, 02:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

He has not looked right since returning from injury, I don't know if it's a lingering problem or not but he just hasn't looked very good imo. It's a long season so we'll see how it goes for him over the next few months.

I've seen him in the USHL, NCAA, Q and in the AHL last year and he was a standout player at every level but he doens't look the same of late although the entire team is just terrrible when it comes to offensive talent as they just can't produce. The offense and the PP are among the worst in the league as the Dogs went into last weekend scoring at a hair over 2 goals per game. The same thing happened to Palushaj as he struggled to produce this year after being very good in Hamilton last year. So I wonder if it has something to do with the team although Leblanc and Palushaj just haven't looked like they did last year.

Old
12-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He has not looked right since returning from injury, I don't know if it's a lingering problem or not but he just hasn't looked very good imo. It's a long season so we'll see how it goes for him over the next few months.

I've seen him in the USHL, NCAA, Q and in the AHL last year and he was a standout player at every level but he doens't look the same of late although the entire team is just terrrible when it comes to offensive talent as they just can't produce. The offense and the PP are among the worst in the league as the Dogs went into last weekend scoring at a hair over 2 goals per game. The same thing happened to Palushaj as he struggled to produce this year after being very good in Hamilton last year. So I wonder if it has something to do with the team although Leblanc and Palushaj just haven't looked like they did last year.
Could the poor coaching have something to do with it?

Old
12-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Is he out for the year?
For sure this year and perhaps for his whole career

Old
12-20-2012, 01:40 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
For sure this year and perhaps for his whole career
I don't doubt you but has that been made public yet?

Old
12-20-2012, 04:51 AM

Quote:
It's crazy how your life can get changed in seconds. One second he's skating and the next his head hits the ice hard and his career/life has changed dramatically. I feel so bad for him. You know that being a Canadien is more than a paycheque for him, look at his twitter background. It breaks my heart. Good kid.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
It's crazy how your life can get changed in seconds. One second he's skating and the next his head hits the ice hard and his career/life has changed dramatically. I feel so bad for him. You know that being a Canadien is more than a paycheque for him, look at his twitter background. It breaks my heart. Good kid.
Wasn't it a skate that did the damage?

Old
12-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

His hockey sense is high end ev en for NHL and his vision and hads are both good. Not sure why he is struggling this year, maybe the injury is still bothering him or he has crappy linemates, but I'm not yet worried.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:21 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wasn't it a skate that did the damage?
Nope, the fall on the ice.

Habs Prospects website
Old
12-20-2012, 03:07 PM
David Thicke
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Nope, the fall on the ice.
It was the point of the defenseman's skate that went into Geoffrion's skull two inches above his ear. Here's the Gazette article link http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...107/story.html and there are many others with Blake's dad, Danny confirming the injury and what happen to his son.

Old
12-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Hamilton signed dman Cody Wild to a PTO. Wild, who attended the Dogs' camp, currently leads Wheeling in points (tied with Paul Crowder).

Is there anyone injured?

Old
12-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Hamilton signed dman Cody Wild to a PTO. Wild, who attended the Dogs' camp, currently leads Wheeling in points (tied with Paul Crowder).

Is there anyone injured?
Probably for pp help

Closed Thread