HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
Probably for pp help
He has a PPG of 0.24 in the AHL (45 points in 185 points). I don't think he is the solution.

Old
12-21-2012, 08:25 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

Curious about bringing in another D man unless someone else is banged up we don't know about.

It's been said repeatedly on this board but this team needs a veteran presence who can put the puck in the net.

I was surprised they did not go after a guy like Taffe or DiSalvatore in the off-season. Like someone else had mentioned previously, I am not impressed with who they brought in during the summer (Stortini and Hagel).

I figured by letting Boyce go that would lead to a move to bring in another vet who had offensive upside and could slide into the top 6.

Old
12-21-2012, 01:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Perhaps we will find out tonight if there have been any injuries on defense. I had herad that Pateryn was closer to returning but then last game they said he is out 3 weeks so not sure if he had a set back.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:07 PM
wings5

Whats with Alexander Avtsin? Why has he played so little this season?

Old
12-21-2012, 09:08 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Whats with Alexander Avtsin? Why has he played so little this season?
Because our talented offensive line-up that scores an insane amount of goal must include future greats Hagel and Stortini.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:09 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Because our talented offensive line-up that scores an insane amount of goal must include future greats Hagel and Stortini.
So he's healthy but is just scratched all the time?..

Old
12-21-2012, 09:10 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
So he's healthy but is just scratched all the time?..
Unless he's on paternal leave, there is absolutely no reason why he is scratched, other than Lefebvre is puzzling.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:17 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Leblanc was performing well before his injury and had put on a decent amount of muscle this summer. Honestly, you guys are looking into this far more than it has to be. He was hurt, lost his momentum, came back during a Dogs slump and is trying to find a spark right now.

Personally I think that Lefebvre is a fine coach. What I am not fine with is how the coaching staff is void of experienced offensive players. How is Lefebvre going to guide a young offensive forward to an NHL career when he was hardly an offensive force himself?

Leblanc will never be a dynamic forward, but he will provide hockey sense, skating ability, playmaking and penalty killing.

My guess is when the Habs drafted him they were banking on his improvement in his shooting arsenal as well as overall finesse.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Leblanc was performing well before his injury and had put on a decent amount of muscle this summer. Honestly, you guys are looking into this far more than it has to be. He was hurt, lost his momentum, came back during a Dogs slump and is trying to find a spark right now.

Personally I think that Lefebvre is a fine coach. What I am not fine with is how the coaching staff is void of experienced offensive players. How is Lefebvre going to guide a young offensive forward to an NHL career when he was hardly an offensive force himself?

Leblanc will never be a dynamic forward, but he will provide hockey sense, skating ability, playmaking and penalty killing.

My guess is when the Habs drafted him they were banking on his improvement in his shooting arsenal as well as overall finesse.
I have the feeling that I might have overestimated his real offensive awareness and pure skillset. Still, tons of time ahead but I do have more reservations now that I had in the draft year. I obviously do NOT stopped believing in him though. Way too soon to do it.

Old
12-22-2012, 06:21 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I have the feeling that I might have overestimated his real offensive awareness and pure skillset. Still, tons of time ahead but I do have more reservations now that I had in the draft year. I obviously do NOT stopped believing in him though. Way too soon to do it.
He has a similar tunnel vision to Pacioretty's early time with the Habs except Leblanc can cycle a mean puck and grind it out, but here's the thing, Max made huge strides to improve his game, scoring and playmaking as well as 200-ft awareness. Leblanc is okay defensively but he'll need to also be more aware of his teammates. Plenty of time to get that fixed, but who is going to be his Desharnais? Bournival?

Also his "pure skillset" is pretty good, hence why he stuck around most of the season and looked like a fit despite needing seasoning imo.

The critical thing for him right now is to stay healthy and play with better playmakers and create chemistry with them.

Old
12-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
He has a similar tunnel vision to Pacioretty's early time with the Habs except Leblanc can cycle a mean puck and grind it out, but here's the thing, Max made huge strides to improve his game, scoring and playmaking as well as 200-ft awareness. Leblanc is okay defensively but he'll need to also be more aware of his teammates. Plenty of time to get that fixed, but who is going to be his Desharnais? Bournival?

Also his "pure skillset" is pretty good, hence why he stuck around most of the season and looked like a fit despite needing seasoning imo.

The critical thing for him right now is to stay healthy and play with better playmakers and create chemistry with them.
When he was drafted, Pacioretty already was seen as a good passer and using well his teamates. His question mark was to know if he was going to be a scorer in the big league. While Leblanc was already seen as a good all-around player but that might miss something to put him as a top 6 player. By skillset, while it's a large concept, I mean, offensively. Leblanc stuck around based on his hardwork and his ability to not make critical mistakes. That doesn't strike me as a sign of better things to come offensively, though again, I don't write him off. People would be dumb to say so. Problem in Montreal is that we have too many of those players that NEEDS better players to make them better instead of being initiators themselves. We surely have one coming soon though.

Old
12-22-2012, 08:30 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
When he was drafted, Pacioretty already was seen as a good passer and using well his teamates. His question mark was to know if he was going to be a scorer in the big league. While Leblanc was already seen as a good all-around player but that might miss something to put him as a top 6 player. By skillset, while it's a large concept, I mean, offensively. Leblanc stuck around based on his hardwork and his ability to not make critical mistakes. That doesn't strike me as a sign of better things to come offensively, though again, I don't write him off. People would be dumb to say so. Problem in Montreal is that we have too many of those players that NEEDS better players to make them better instead of being initiators themselves. We surely have one coming soon though.
Do you remember how Max was lost when he stayed the whole season with the Habs? He had no sense of where to be and the game was way too fast for him. That's what I'm talking about. Leblanc is already ahead of that curve. What's left for him is to be a large factor offensively (not dominate because I think he has a lower ceiling) and the best environment for that would be the AHL and with offensively capable linemates.

Leblanc might have been the catalyst and most of his teams but he was hardly projected to be the catalyst in the NHL and that projection is right. Having good hands however will help him be a 3rd wheel in the top 6 if everything goes well.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:33 AM
otto bond

I'm puzzled by the coaching in Hamilton....not what I call a confident squad out there and questionable line-up.
Like some said, they are not there to win but rather develop and like someone responded....Blunden being groomed for top 6 minutes

Old
12-22-2012, 10:02 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Nice goaltending dual last night, thought it was a good game from the Dogs as once again the effort was there but the offense continued it's struggles to produce goals.

Beaulieu continues to showcase his high skill level with the puck but also shows lots of issues with his decision making. Also a good game from Gallagher as he continues to rack up the shots. Tinordi with a nice hit in the netural zone, I like the line the coach said when asked why he gave him the A as a 20 year old rookie and he said his dad made him give the A to Jarred.

Old
12-22-2012, 10:06 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I like the line the coach said when asked why he gave him the A as a 20 year old rookie and he said his dad made him give the A to Jarred.
Did he really say that?

RDS would've had a field day with that in the NHL!

Old
12-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I'm puzzled by the coaching in Hamilton....not what I call a confident squad out there and questionable line-up.
Like some said, they are not there to win but rather develop and like someone responded....Blunden being groomed for top 6 minutes
This is indeed puzzling.

Unless Leblanc is playing half injured, he should be given top-six minutes.

Old
12-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I'm probably the biggest Blunden supporter here, but if Bergevin indeed wants Hamilton ran to prepare the prospects for their roles with the habs, then Blunden shouldn't be playing top 6 minutes over Leblanc.

Old
12-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Maybe trying to send a message?

Old
12-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Maxpac

Imagine if Leblanc was centering Quailer an Gallagher, his whole game would be different, right now he's clearly used in a terrible way. Thsy should force him to utilise his talent so that he can become a more versatile NHLer.

Old
12-22-2012, 04:27 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

It seems LL is mirroring Pacioretty. Patches' first year with the Dogs was very promising and he played a lot with us and did well. His 2nd year he almost seemed to regress and people were thinking twice about him.

I think LL will be fine ultimately. Just going through a rough patch whether he's still injured, being used wrong or just plain not playing well.

Old
12-22-2012, 04:30 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I'm probably the biggest Blunden supporter here, but if Bergevin indeed wants Hamilton ran to prepare the prospects for their roles with the habs, then Blunden shouldn't be playing top 6 minutes over Leblanc.
yeah that's the part I don't get. Why would they only be doing that with LL and not the rest of them? Gallagher's probably the only one who could get a top 6 job at this point.

No way you're a bigger supporter of Blunden than I am, hahaha.

Old
12-22-2012, 04:36 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Two blunden fans in one place. Not so sure the world isn't ending after all.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
12-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

**** I love Blunden

Old
12-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Habbadasher

No GDT?

Old
12-23-2012, 04:34 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
**** I love Blunden
I think he's going to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of this lockout. Geoffrion and LL I thought would benefit as well. I'm sure LL can turn it around and hopefully Geoffrion's career isn't over.

There's nothing more I'd love than Blunden somehow winning a spot in the top 9. He's got size, he skates miles and his hands can be pretty decent at times. Even last year there was a few goals where you can see why he was drafted pretty high. Who knows he could be a late bloomer. It's a long shot but even at worst he could definitely play on our 4th line.

Can anyone describe his goal and that nice chance he had where he ended up with a penalty?

Closed Thread