HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2012, 08:16 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
If Holland turns into an NHLer then Gauthier's trade of Cammalleri for Bourque, Holland, and a second rounder would look really good. Let's see.
Watch Calgary get a top 5 pick and we steal Gauthier with their 2nd rounder. That would be fitting.

Icing on the cake would be Bourque turning his game around.

Old
11-01-2012, 06:01 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Watch Calgary get a top 5 pick and we steal Gauthier with their 2nd rounder. That would be fitting.

Icing on the cake? The idea was that Bourque was the centerpiece of this trade....not Holland. The icing on the cake is that Holland makes it. The 2nd rounder? Well, that's a gimme that it was a good move to get it as we are pretty succesful with it usually.

Old
11-01-2012, 07:17 AM
S Bah

Quote:

Icing on the cake would be trading Bourque back to Calgary for their 1st round pick for 2013 or 2014.Bourque was always good for 20+ goals for Calgary when he was there.

Old
11-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Icing on the cake would be trading Bourque back to Calgary for their 1st round pick for 2013 or 2014.Bourque was always good for 20+ goals for Calgary when he was there.
I'm sure he will be fine in Montreal also if he can get healthy and the team turns around the bad vibes from last year. It wasn't a great spot for a new guy to come into and he was really pressing at the end, missing chances he would usually bury easily.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:

Actually Bourque is a pretty key part of the cake. If he maintains his 0.21 pts/game production and doesn't turn it around it'll be a pretty rotten cake barring Holland and the 2nd rounder making a long term NHL impact on the 3rd line or better.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm sure he will be fine in Montreal also if he can get healthy and the team turns around the bad vibes from last year. It wasn't a great spot for a new guy to come into and he was really pressing at the end, missing chances he would usually bury easily.
Bourque was pretty bad for the 1 1/2 seasons in Calgary before he was traded. Don't let his nice 27 goals and 50+ points in 10-11 fool you, he was a liability on the ice beyond his own goal-scoring. He had a notable ability to drag down the offense and defense of everyone he played with such that he ended up being a very well deserved -11 at even strength.

In short, he's been everything A. Kostitsyn's detractors have (falsely) accused him of being. One wonders if this would have gotten more notice if he was Eastern European rather than Western Canadian.

Over the past two seasons, Bourque has been -26 on even strength, largely because when he is on the ice, the only player scoring with any regularity is Rene Bourque. This is while centered by guys with long track records of being good, if not great, on offense in Plekanec and Jokinen. If he's to be an effective player he needs to turn the clock back to 2009-10, not just get over a bad couple months on a new team.

Frankly, I think the ghost of Colby Armstrong has a better chance of being an effective LW for Plekanec than Bourque does.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:53 AM
canadiensnation
The Drive for 25.

Rochester vs Hamilton @ Copps Coliseum on Sportsnet ONE, Saturday, Nov 3, 7pm.

Last edited by canadiensnation: 11-01-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old
11-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Bourque was pretty bad for the 1 1/2 seasons in Calgary before he was traded. Don't let his nice 27 goals and 50+ points in 10-11 fool you, he was a liability on the ice beyond his own goal-scoring. He had a notable ability to drag down the offense and defense of everyone he played with such that he ended up being a very well deserved -11 at even strength.

In short, he's been everything A. Kostitsyn's detractors have (falsely) accused him of being. One wonders if this would have gotten more notice if he was Eastern European rather than Western Canadian.

Over the past two seasons, Bourque has been -26 on even strength, largely because when he is on the ice, the only player scoring with any regularity is Rene Bourque. This is while centered by guys with long track records of being good, if not great, on offense in Plekanec and Jokinen. If he's to be an effective player he needs to turn the clock back to 2009-10, not just get over a bad couple months on a new team.

Frankly, I think the ghost of Colby Armstrong has a better chance of being an effective LW for Plekanec than Bourque does.
When Bourque is on his game he is a very good defensive player who saw alot of time on the pk in Calgary along with late game situations. He is reported to suffer from depression issues (no I don't have a link but I did read it a couple of years ago) and this is why he is so inconsistent and has struggled under the pressure of a big contract and playing in Montreal.

I find it curious how you can slam Bourque and defend Kostitsyn. Both players only come to play when they feel like it and are essentially wasting their talent and letting their teammates down......at least Bourque has a legitimate excuse as opposed to Andrei who just doesn't care.

Old
11-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
When Bourque is on his game he is a very good defensive player who saw alot of time on the pk in Calgary along with late game situations. He is reported to suffer from depression issues (no I don't have a link but I did read it a couple of years ago) and this is why he is so inconsistent and has struggled under the pressure of a big contract and playing in Montreal.

I find it curious how you can slam Bourque and defend Kostitsyn. Both players only come to play when they feel like it and are essentially wasting their talent and letting their teammates down......at least Bourque has a legitimate excuse as opposed to Andrei who just doesn't care.
He can play the PK, not that well but he can. But PK defense is different than ES defense. On the penalty kill you just have to get the puck outside your zone, on ES you have to maintain your control of the puck.

I can defend A Kost very easily. I look at the balance of results at the end of the season. A Kost never drags his linemates (except for Gomez) down on either offense or defense once you view a large enough sample size. Bourque has been universally dragging players down left and right for 2 seasons on two separate teams.

One is a real issue with how a guy plays. The other is manufactured because he "looks lazy" rather than taking the bother to actual check how he's affecting the team when on the ice.

Bourque isn't very good on defense on ES but the big problem is offensively. Nobody else on his team scores when he's playing. His team goals for for the past two years looks like he was facing Suter-Weber in front of Rinne everynight.

Old
11-01-2012, 09:25 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Let's stick to Bulldogs talk in here, gents.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:00 PM
S Bah

The Bulldogs are in for back to back games with a fresh Rochester team,that boasts some NHL ready talent in Marcus Foligno,Luke Adam and Cody Hodgson.Lefebvre has to have the dawgs ready to play sound defensive hockey from the start of play Friday or it's going to be a long weekend for his charges.Playing the leaders in their division Fri.& Sat.the Bulldogs can be tied for the Div.lead with two wins against Rochester or on the other hand could be 8 pts.back with a couple of losses.In there first game against Rochester a 3-1 loss,Michael Bournival scored his 1st pro goal of his young AHL career. The Bulldogs have to play a solid two-way game against Rochester and take points from these two games or be facing a very long season.They meet Rochester 12 times this season and the 3-1 loss was their first encounter,the dawgs need to win one and tie one game to be on equal ground with the Buffalo Sabres farm team.Go Dawgs Go!

Old
11-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Habaddict

Is there a GDT somewhere else ? Where am I supposed to do my
whining him the game is going poorly?

Oops, just realized that the game is tomorrow.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Hopefully Saturday's game is on TVASports.

Old
11-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Sthabs

It will be on TVA sports and Sportsnet 1 at 7

Good news Desjardins is back on the ice training.

Old
11-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post

I thought that Desjardins, and maybe Lablanc, would have to carry
the Bulldogs this year. Now that they seem to be surviving without them,
I'm more optimistic about the team when they come back.

Old
11-01-2012, 10:10 PM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post

Good news! Really hope Avstin play at least 1 game this week-end....

Message to Lefebvre: SIT STORTINI!!!!!!!

Old
11-02-2012, 07:27 AM
S Bah

TGIF Go Dawgs Go! I can barely wait for the game today,Bournival scored the last game against Rochester let's hope he makes it two in a row.Gallagher is due to breakout same with Quailer,he needs to use that shot more often.As long as they keep the game tight and sneak a goal in to win I'll be real happy!

Old
11-02-2012, 07:41 AM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

i can't believe the Marlies have already receive 53 PP this year in 7 games....Its over 7 PP per games....Are the refs trying to help them even in the AHL? Yesterday they got scored 2 SH in 3 second, Its a new record!!!!!

Old
11-02-2012, 03:59 PM
domdo345

seems like Atdhenet.tv will be streaming the game. YEAH!

Old
11-02-2012, 04:01 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Good news! Really hope Avstin play at least 1 game this week-end....

Message to Lefebvre: SIT STORTINI!!!!!!!
But without Stortini, who will take home the stupid penalty/game award?

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-02-2012, 04:04 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The real problem is that Stortini is way too often on the ice for a league and a team that should be developing players for the NHL.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:18 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Getting Desjardins back is huge, although I'm not expecting him to play, having him on the ice means he shouldn't be too far away.

On a side note, heard that one of our invites to the Hamilton camp, Bobby Farnham is looking good in the ECHL. Will be interesting to see if injuries hit would they take a look at him as he's tied for his team led in goals.

Old
11-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Probably Nash.

Old
11-02-2012, 06:12 PM
zzoo

Do you know any link that we can follow the game ? Atdhe seems not working at time being. Thanks.

Old
11-02-2012, 06:14 PM
domdo345

damn atdhenet.tv got my hopes too high. Such is life with free streaming...

Closed Thread