HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Portland Pirates AHL - Phoenix Coyotes Minor League Affiliate II

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2013, 02:22 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Hope so. Never been a fan.
Never been a fan of wht, XX, the affiliation or the coach?????????

Old
10-22-2013, 04:33 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
same easily could've been said about Tippett the last 5 years, wouldn't you think, regardless of the non-ownership turmoil, Isn't this Tippett's style that Edwards implements down here.....
So I'm told. I just seem to remember hearing those type of words when the coach is on the hotseat. By all accounts management loves Edwards.

Old
10-23-2013, 12:03 AM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Never been a fan of wht, XX, the affiliation or the coach?????????
Portland seems like a great city and a good team to be affiliated with. But Ray Edwards hasn't really ever struck me as a good AHL coach. I wish you guys could get the whole civic center mess straightened out.

Losing is not an option. That team should be more than capable of competing every night.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:05 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Portland seems like a great city and a good team to be affiliated with. But Ray Edwards hasn't really ever struck me as a good AHL coach. I wish you guys could get the whole civic center mess straightened out.

Losing is not an option. That team should be more than capable of competing every night.
that's not the team's fault, XX, it's been something that would've happened regardless of whom the affiliate is, but it doesn't appear that Edwards is going anywhere unless Phoenix leaves, and it's now sounding unlikely that the CCCC will ever see hockey again, if the Saco arena is built alongside OR NEAR TO OA Performance and the training facility....

you are jumping the gun, btw, would you called for Tip's firing if Phoenix was 0-3-0-1, instead of 6-2-2, XX, it sounds like you'd don't trust either organization at this point.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:58 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
you are jumping the gun, btw, would you called for Tip's firing if Phoenix was 0-3-0-1, instead of 6-2-2, XX, it sounds like you'd don't trust either organization at this point.
Ray Edwards is not Dave Tippett. In 13 years of coaching in some capacity, he has been to the playoffs twice. He has overseen some terrible AHL teams. There is nothing remarkable about him, and anyone else would have been let go already. If he continues to lose, someone else should get a shot.

Old
10-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Quote:
Ray Edwards is not Dave Tippett. In 13 years of coaching in some capacity, he has been to the playoffs twice. He has overseen some terrible AHL teams. There is nothing remarkable about him, and anyone else would have been let go already. If he continues to lose, someone else should get a shot.
Season after season this is said about edwards but he never goes i've given up on the issue.

Winning is not even on his list of things he needs to do or care about. His only goal is to develop our D prospects.

Last edited by Swat Ultra: 10-23-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old
10-23-2013, 08:26 PM
OOEEL

Andy Miele is off to a torrid start. Is he going to be what baseball refers to as a "Four A" player, where they destroy the minors but can't seem to hang on in the pros?

I love the kid(I own probably the only Miele Coyotes jersey in Phoenix) and if we weren't rolling right now I'd start petitioning to call him up ASAP. However if it's not broken don't fix it and I don't want to see a possible scoring prospect squandered playing 5-7 minutes a night on the fourth line, which seems to be the only spot on the roster we haven't solidified yet.

Old
10-23-2013, 10:39 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

MHG signs land option agreement
Chris Roy | Maine Hockey Journal

Quote:
PORTLAND – Are the Portland Pirates about ready to set sail for Saco?

It’s a real possibility after Maine Hockey Group entered into an agreement on Monday with Saco City Council for an option to purchase a 12.85 acre plot owned by the city on Lund Road.
READ MORE

Old
10-24-2013, 01:12 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

the Saco option is still out there as I alluded to yesterday, and as wildcat has confirmed, but, XX, what you fail to understand is this is the Coyote way or their philosophy just as Portland's had dozen of philosophies since the AHL Arrived 38 years ago, have all coaches worked out, no, but you don't fire coaches after 6 or so games, Swat has confirmed that as well, heck, even Edwards this AM got his .02 cents in on the Scott vs. Eriksson head hunt incident last night.

btw, 1st win of 2013-14 after the slowest start in 21 years ('93-94), WHICH is the franchise's lone title, but should Tippett been awarded a 5 year contract in light of the ownership issues, amid last year's disaster after 2011-12's run to the Conference final, if there had been ownership, would Tippett still be the coach of the Coyotes right now, XX, is my ?, instead of bashing the affiliate, since it is Tippett's saystem Edwards is running, you get rid of Tippett, then come back to us, and ask that ?.

Old
10-24-2013, 01:28 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
should Tippett been awarded a 5 year contract in light of the ownership issues, amid last year's disaster after 2011-12's run to the Conference final, if there had been ownership, would Tippett still be the coach of the Coyotes right now, XX, is my ?,
Yeah, he would, because he is Dave Tippett, not Ray Edwards. Why don't you try being reasonable instead of continually harping on such an awful and illogical point.

Quote:
instead of bashing the affiliate, since it is Tippett's saystem Edwards is running, you get rid of Tippett, then come back to us, and ask that ?.
I really doubt that Edwards is running Tippett's system, considering how well the Pirates played after the Phoenix coaching staff showed up to ask what the hell was going on down there last year. It raises the question as to whether or not Edwards is the right man for the job. Where did I bash the affiliate? Right. I didn't. I'm not calling for his immediate firing, but losing cannot be continually tolerated.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOEEL View Post
Andy Miele is off to a torrid start. Is he going to be what baseball refers to as a "Four A" player, where they destroy the minors but can't seem to hang on in the pros?

I love the kid(I own probably the only Miele Coyotes jersey in Phoenix) and if we weren't rolling right now I'd start petitioning to call him up ASAP. However if it's not broken don't fix it and I don't want to see a possible scoring prospect squandered playing 5-7 minutes a night on the fourth line, which seems to be the only spot on the roster we haven't solidified yet.
I think they should trade Miele and give him a chance on one of the weaker clubs that's tanking. GMDM signed Kennedy, Halpern, and Yip who've all seen time this year. So has Brown and Lessio. If Miele has to play center, he's probably going to need to find another place to do it, because I think Tippett will choose Chipchura and Kennedy as injury replacements for centers at this point.

The last time we had a Hobey Baker winner, it was Kevin Porter. We traded him as a sweetener with Mueller for 50 games of Wolski. Today, Porter's the only one of the three still playing in the NHL. Go figure.

Old
10-25-2013, 10:06 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Quote:
Yeah, he would, because he is Dave Tippett, not Ray Edwards. Why don't you try being reasonable instead of continually harping on such an awful and illogical point.

I really doubt that Edwards is running Tippett's system, considering how well the Pirates played after the Phoenix coaching staff showed up to ask what the hell was going on down there last year. It raises the question as to whether or not Edwards is the right man for the job. Where did I bash the affiliate? Right. I didn't. I'm not calling for his immediate firing, but losing cannot be continually tolerated.
false, XX, Edwards stated Friday, that the entire organization implements the parent club's philosophy, and style, including Tippett's style, so who's being unreasonable, it's you because Edwards said there's an organization wide meeting to implement all players and prospects so that if they do get recalled to Phoenix, they know what to expect because it is Tip's system that the Pirates play, and have since the Coyotes arrived 3 seasons ago, who hires the affiliate's coaching staff, XX, isn't it DM and Brad Treliving, who doubles as the Pirates defacto GM/ liason between DM AND Tippett, so where are you getting that from, if a) you've never been to see the affiliate play, and are criticizing Edwards, when in fact you've been called out, and are making excuse after excuse, when in fact you have no idea what goes on here, outside of what we post here. it's a young team, so it's not what you're or we're used to, but the majority of these players have been here the last couple of years to help teach the newer prospects to adjust to being in this organization, regardless of the off-ice distractions, I'm not sure what you mean by Phoenix management asking us what's going on last year, because you're definitely in the minority bc Edwards is still the coach and has been since the end of the San Antonio experiment, wht examples are you referring to last yr. The CCCC litigation issue is out of everyone's control and has largely been forgotten bc there's nothing anyone can do to remedy that issue, and is a distraction to all, they've dealt with that and moved on....

btw, Tim Kennedy back to Phoenix, as the Pirates sit tonight in Albany where they'll play the Devils tomorrow night @ 5pm

Old
10-28-2013, 09:40 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Hanzal suspended 2 for incident vs. EDM---Miele and Szwarz recalled; Yip back to Portland and D Randy Jones, who's played for multiple teams, last in the NHL w/ Winnipeg, but has seen time w/ Philadelphia/Adirondack/OKC, signed to a PTO;

Saturday's gm @ Albany was interesting, as Shinnimin-SH, Hextall, 2 G, 1 SH/EN, Brule PPG & Szwarz, ENG, led the Pirates to a 5-2 W in a game that was delayed w/ 3:02 left in the 1st as a pane of glass shattered near the Devils bench, landing on an unsuspecting young fan, forcing an early end to the period and forcing the 2nd to be 23:02

Old
10-29-2013, 06:57 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

remember St. John's visits the Colisee for Halloween night tomorrow @ 7

Old
10-29-2013, 07:02 PM
mitch27

Anyone know what injury Rieder has? When is he expected to return?

Old
10-30-2013, 04:18 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Pirates seek scoring by committee
Chris Roy | Maine Hockey Journal

Quote:
SACO – All hands on deck!

That’s the motto for the Portland Pirates this week as the St. John’s IceCaps come to town for a pair of games, beginning Wednesday night in Lewiston at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee.
READ MORE>>>>

Old
10-30-2013, 04:18 AM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Anyone know what injury Rieder has? When is he expected to return?
Read story... bottom has an update.^^^^^^

Old
10-30-2013, 05:45 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

another breaking news item, no Mike Lee (undisclosed/day to day), G Louie Domingue up from ECHL Gwinnett as of 3pm.

Old
10-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Sciamachy
Shadow Coyote

Quote:
another breaking news item, no Mike Lee (undisclosed/day to day), G Louie Domingue up from ECHL Gwinnett as of 3pm.
..... Didn't take long for Dom to get some action

Old
10-31-2013, 12:42 AM
CHRDANHUTCH

5-1 L Yip the offense

Old
10-31-2013, 09:16 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

vCash: 50
Pumped to hear Gormley will finally be making his NHL debut tonight!

10-31-2013, 09:27 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
Where did you hear this?

Old
10-31-2013, 11:14 AM
Sciamachy
Shadow Coyote

Haven't heard Gormley was being brought up but it would make sense since both Klesla and Schlemko are injured that just leaves Yandle and OEL on the left side. Don't know how well any of the other guys can play their opposite side. That said if Rundblad is benched again in favor of a call up from Portland I'm not sure how some of the folks on this board will handle it

Old
10-31-2013, 12:02 PM
Longwayfromhome
Sweden/London, UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
source?

Old
10-31-2013, 12:11 PM
AndrewYotes

Gormley over Rundbland??? Jesus christ

Closed Thread