HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rejoice Suns Fans

Old
11-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

vCash: 500
Rejoice Suns Fans

Lots of Suns Fans are going to laugh at this, espcially if the Lakers and Steve Nash fail to win an NBA title in the future.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...rs-sources-say

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers, in a surprising move, announced Monday morning that they have signed former Phoenix Suns and New York Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni to replace Mike Brown as head coach.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:16 PM
awfulwaffle

Was there nobody better to hire? I still can't stop laughing at this. D'Antoni was everything wrong with the Phoenix Suns. I would have liked to see a Gentry ran team when we had Amare. D'Antoni has proven himself to be one of the worst coaches in the league. I can only hope the Lakers continue to not play well.

It will be interesting to see what happens now though, will Nash be called upon to do what he has always done, and how will Kobe react to that? Kobe likes the ball in his hands, obviously.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Was there nobody better to hire? I still can't stop laughing at this. D'Antoni was everything wrong with the Phoenix Suns. I would have liked to see a Gentry ran team when we had Amare. D'Antoni has proven himself to be one of the worst coaches in the league. I can only hope the Lakers continue to not play well.

It will be interesting to see what happens now though, will Nash be called upon to do what he has always done, and how will Kobe react to that? Kobe likes the ball in his hands, obviously.
Kobe does like D'Antoni. However, Phil Jackson was the frontrunner and is surprised that he wasn't picked for the job. From my standpoint, I would have given what Jackson wanted even though he was asking for a limited number of away games to attend. Oh well! It is what it is.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:11 PM
PhxYotes85

Oh boy, hope he is a good fit or else not hiring Phil will come back to haunt them. Because you know if they later fired Dantoni that nowhere in hell would Phil ever consider coming back to them.

PhxYotes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:32 PM
XX
... Waiting

At least the Lakers have something resembling a team. Sarver destroyed his own investment, and with it most of the interest in basketball in the valley.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:26 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

^ True.

My mom has been a die hard Suns fan since the mid eighties. She had season tickets since the early nineties until the recent labor dispute. I don't think she's watched a single game since. It was combination of several things but the combo of Sarver, the labor dispute and some issues in life was enough to make her decide that she no longer cares about the Suns.

11-12-2012, 11:35 PM
doaner

I'm not sure why any suns fan would be rejoicing right about now. Just another shot in the guy, if you ask me. No more loyalties in the games anymore.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 12:43 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

I read where the Suns thought OKC's price for Harden was more than they were willing to pay. What combination of players from that roster would have been too much for the Suns to give up? That crap roster? They had the extra picks from the Nash trade so that shouldn't have been a problem. I'd bet the farm that Sarver didn't want to pay the contract Houston paid and that's why they didn't trade for him. I rarely if ever watch basketball anymore. Sarver keeps me from gaining interest any time in the near future even without hockey.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:08 AM
awfulwaffle

Suns won't pay for anyone, it's insane! Last night's game was brutal. They said attendance was 14k on the ESPN site, but I just don't believe that for a minute.

Last night the courtside seats were primarily military personnel. Good gesture by those that actually gave up their seats for the night to allow them to sit there.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:43 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
At least the Lakers have something resembling a team. Sarver destroyed his own investment, and with it most of the interest in basketball in the valley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
I'm not sure why any suns fan would be rejoicing right about now.
These guys have it down.

To XX's point, not only is it amazing that a team so entrenched as the Suns have so little interest in the valley right now; but also just how fast Sarver managed to tank the product. Truly a masterful job.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote