HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), players in the system, etc.

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
has Laughton been hurt lately?
There you go (same page even!):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Scott Laughton returned to the Oshawa lineup last night after serving his 10 game suspension and had a goal and an assist against the 67's. For the season, Laughton has 6 goals, 10 assists in 16 games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcanadian23 View Post
Not trying to nitpick, but his second game back. He returned on Sunday, against Mississauga - picking up an assist in the loss. I only mention because last night I would assume he played his normal ice-time, whereas his return saw him get limited action. He started the game on the third line, but had worked his way back up to the second line by the end of the game - although was playing some wing to accomodate for that.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:52 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Stolarz gets his first career college shutout. Nebraska-Omaha beats Alabama-Huntsville 8-0. 20 save shutout.
yes Alabama-Huntsville sucks. they are now 1-12-1. But a shutout is a shutout, so congrats to Stolarz.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Stolarz got his 1st victory tonight. Plus it was a shutout. He has been riding the pines lately so it was good to see him get some action.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:55 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

good thing we drafted a backup goalie on a terrible team

Old
11-25-2012, 01:39 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
good thing we drafted a backup goalie on a terrible team
Just looked at their record. I think GFH was talking abut Alabama.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Indeed, another opportunity squandered by Niko. Though Wedgewood hasn't done well in back to backs (they play tomorrow as well), so perhaps if he's healthy, Niko will get the nod.
Damn, he didn't, and while the Titans lost 3 - 0, Wedgewood still managed 35 saves and was, according to their website, "outstanding between the pipes despite the loss".

Old
11-25-2012, 10:36 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Damn, he didn't, and while the Titans lost 3 - 0, Wedgewood still managed 35 saves and was, according to their website, "outstanding between the pipes despite the loss".
Indeed he was. There are A LOT of games coming up in Dec, so they should split the games between Niko and Wedge.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:13 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Just looked at their record. I think GFH was talking abut Alabama.
Alabama-Birmingham is terrible. Been so for years. I think they only won one game last year as well.
Nebraska-Omaha was 15th in the country heading into this weekend and won both games against Alabama Birmingham.
Going to find out how good Nebraska-Omaha is. traveling to Minnesota next weekend and then to St.Cloud State the following weekend.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 11-27-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old
11-27-2012, 08:55 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

This might have been talked about somewhere and I just missed it, but is Parks injured right now?

Old
11-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Bill_Meltzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
This might have been talked about somewhere and I just missed it, but is Parks injured right now?
Yes. Suffered a leg injury in a preseason game and missed the first month-plus. Returned to the lineup and got reinjured in the first period of his first game. He didn't play this past weekend.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:24 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I've had a chance to watch several Portland Winter Hawks games and the Flyers might have found a gem in Taylor Leier. He's gotten progressively better every game since coming back from the sports hernia. He played almost exclusively in a defensive role last year and now he's getting a chance to play an offensive role this year. He might end up developing into a solid two way guy with a ceiling like Kris Versteeg, maybe even a bit higher. Flyers scouts should be commended for this pick. He could turn out to be a real good player.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
I've had a chance to watch several Portland Winter Hawks games and the Flyers might have found a gem in Taylor Leier. He's gotten progressively better every game since coming back from the sports hernia. He played almost exclusively in a defensive role last year and now he's getting a chance to play an offensive role this year. He might end up developing into a solid two way guy with a ceiling like Kris Versteeg, maybe even a bit higher. Flyers scouts should be commended for this pick. He could turn out to be a real good player.
How is his foot speed and does he have any grit at all to his game?
Thanks

Old
11-27-2012, 08:46 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Is he still small?

Old
11-28-2012, 07:37 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Meltzer View Post
Yes. Suffered a leg injury in a preseason game and missed the first month-plus. Returned to the lineup and got reinjured in the first period of his first game. He didn't play this past weekend.
Thanks Bill. Thats some tough luck.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Bill_Meltzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
How is his foot speed and does he have any grit at all to his game?
Thanks
Good speed and yes he has some grit.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:13 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Is he still small?
Leier is 5'11, 178 pounds. He's a little light, but he's also 18 years old. The weight will come in due time. As Bill mentioned, Leier has good speed and he's a gritty player. When he fills out, he should top out at around 190 - 195 pounds.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:00 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Rinaldo with a game misconduct due to an elbowing.

Reputations or not, he has struggled so far in the AHL. BSH showed he leads the league in minor penalties.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Rinaldo with a game misconduct due to an elbowing.

Reputations or not, he has struggled so far in the AHL. BSH showed he leads the league in minor penalties.
Other than that one major issue, I've really liked him in the AHL this year. If he is able to overcome it, he is a great energy, checking line player. If not, his career will sink. All the talk of him having offensive instincts seem like wishful thinking. That said, a role for him in the NHL does exist if he can stay out of the box.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Other than that one major issue, I've really liked him in the AHL this year. If he is able to overcome it, he is a great energy, checking line player. If not, his career will sink. All the talk of him having offensive instincts seem like wishful thinking. That said, a role for him in the NHL does exist if he can stay out of the box.
He's never stayed out of the box his entire career. It's who he is.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
He's never stayed out of the box his entire career. It's who he is.
But I thought it's considered in the US and Canada that a player's career only encompasses the NHL Surely you can't go from last season alone I agree with you, though. I don't he'll change his game, because he's too cocky, and there's no incentive at the moment for him to do that.

In other news, Wedgewood got the start over Hovinen again and was 28 out of 31 in a losing effort.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:41 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
But I thought it's considered in the US and Canada that a player's career only encompasses the NHL Surely you can't go from last season alone I agree with you, though. I don't he'll change his game, because he's too cocky, and there's no incentive at the moment for him to do that.

In other news, Wedgewood got the start over Hovinen again and was 28 out of 31 in a losing effort.
Back to back this weekend for Trenton, no doubt Hovinen will get one of the two, probably Saturday. Unless he randomly becomes ill again.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Add another one to the unwarranted list:

The ref standing next to the play sees nothing wrong with the hit, but the one at center ice dishes out a major elbowing/game misconduct.

Last edited by Totally Radivojevic: 11-28-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old
11-29-2012, 07:22 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink the Clown View Post

The ref standing next to the play sees nothing wrong with the hit, but the one at center ice dishes out a major elbowing/game misconduct.
They said the right thing on bsh. Hes not the only one in the entire league that get bs calls. Its just that rinaldo puts himself more in the position to get called.

Right or not, rinaldo will always have a reputation. Unfair? Sure, but doesnt change te fact that he always will

Old
11-29-2012, 08:20 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink the Clown View Post

Agree to disagree. No need for Rinaldo to go high with an elbow on that hit.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:27 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
It's a good thing the Phantoms signed Munroe. Looks like he's been playing great for them. If they had to go with Heeter and Hoivinen they would have been in big trouble (at least to start the season)

Closed Thread