HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), players in the system, etc.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2012, 06:50 PM
  #176
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,687
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturioux View Post
Anyone know if Couturier is eligible for the WJC's? If so, would you send him if you were the Flyers? It could be a good experience for him.
He'll be 20 by the time they start, so no.

BillyShoe1721 is online now  
Old
11-09-2012, 06:51 PM
  #177
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,048
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturioux View Post
Anyone know if Couturier is eligible for the WJC's? If so, would you send him if you were the Flyers? It could be a good experience for him.
He should be eligible. And if there's still a lockout, I'd be ok with him going

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 06:57 PM
  #178
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,048
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
He'll be 20 by the time they start, so no.
Is it Under 20 or 20 and under?

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:17 PM
  #179
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,326
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna View Post
is it under 20 or 20 and under?
It's U-20. Couturier is ineligible.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:07 PM
  #180
CootaRoo
Registered User
 
CootaRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
He looks like Richards to me...and Richie learned to put up points
Laughton is more Rich Peverley than Mike Richards... but, of course, Rich Peverley is the one true Cannon...

CootaRoo is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 08:51 PM
  #181
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Is Couturier ill or hurt? He was announced as a scratch tonight.
Bob Rotruck said on the radio he is sick. A bug is going around the locker room. Brandon Manning missed a game last week because of it also.

Stizzle is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 03:30 PM
  #182
Disengage
Registered User
 
Disengage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 496
vCash: 500

Disengage is online now  
Old
11-10-2012, 03:56 PM
  #183
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
Bob Rotruck said on the radio he is sick. A bug is going around the locker room. Brandon Manning missed a game last week because of it also.
is cooter scratched for tonight?

tuckrr is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 06:10 PM
  #184
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disengage View Post
-the first goal they scored against us, typical Flyers goal against
-don't care to see Bourdon fight, last thing he needs is another brain bruise
-props to Lauridsen standing up for his team mate, his scrapping could use some work, but boy he's tall

someone should keep a tally of points of our prospects


Last edited by RoDu: 11-10-2012 at 06:18 PM.
RoDu is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 09:12 PM
  #185
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
is cooter scratched for tonight?
Yeah, he's still sick.

Stizzle is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 06:41 AM
  #186
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,895
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Islanders mod on the prospects board said that Laughton was born to be a Flyer.
"born to be a Flyer" is the new "he reminds me of Clarkie"

GKJ is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 09:53 AM
  #187
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
"born to be a Flyer" is the new "he reminds me of Clarkie"
Just like Pierre Maguire at the draft saying Thomas Wilson was the prototypical Flyer player. The whole big, surly and bad reputation is getting real old, real fast.

On a good news note, looks like Gustafsson and Bourdon seem to be finding their games again. They've actually been really solid the past 6 games in Adirondack. Looks like it was just a slow start to them getting their games back underneath their feet.

There's still an issue with the Phantoms giving up way too many scoring chances though. They're still giving up at least 8 to 10 scoring chances a game and Munroe and Heeter just cant continue to bail the guys out. Murray and staff really need to focus on cutting that back. As well, Lauridsen looks like he's regressed from the summer camp where he actually looked quite mobile and light on his feet. I'm wondering if he's playing through an injury. Manning and Syvret need to be broken up. That pairing is awful and it's clear that there's quite a bit of work that Manning needs to do before he's considered a legitimate NHL defenseman prospect. His defense has been awful this year and he's been getting exposed quite a bit.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is online now  
Old
11-11-2012, 10:08 AM
  #188
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,893
vCash: 500
One last note. Niko Hovinen is barely an ECHL goalie right now. Terrible, terrible, terrible. Show some pride and fire and find your game. For a guy who's supposed to be the goalie of the future, he's turning out to be nothing more than a turd with burnt hair on it. I can see why Minnesota walked away. That should have been a clue for Flyers brass. Instead, someone got fixated on Hovinen's size and overrated stats in the SM-liiga and felt it was good risk. Never mind the fact that his track record showed he was terrible, they took a risk on this guy, but felt that Eriksson wasn't worth the risk. All what I have to say is look at Eriksson's track record right now and he's head and shoulders above where Hovinen is. Eriksson had a rough first year with Skelleftea, but last year, he really put up fantastic numbers and is doing it again this year (13 games, 746 minutes, 23 goals allowed, 1.85 GAA, .931 Save Percentage). You go over Eriksson's career and see that he's put up excellent numbers everywhere he's been. I know the Eriksson thing has been beaten to death, but there should be no reason why he isn't a Flyer prospect.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is online now  
Old
11-11-2012, 10:45 AM
  #189
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,644
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
One last note. Niko Hovinen is barely an ECHL goalie right now. Terrible, terrible, terrible. Show some pride and fire and find your game. For a guy who's supposed to be the goalie of the future, he's turning out to be nothing more than a turd with burnt hair on it. I can see why Minnesota walked away. That should have been a clue for Flyers brass. Instead, someone got fixated on Hovinen's size and overrated stats in the SM-liiga and felt it was good risk. Never mind the fact that his track record showed he was terrible, they took a risk on this guy, but felt that Eriksson wasn't worth the risk. All what I have to say is look at Eriksson's track record right now and he's head and shoulders above where Hovinen is. Eriksson had a rough first year with Skelleftea, but last year, he really put up fantastic numbers and is doing it again this year (13 games, 746 minutes, 23 goals allowed, 1.85 GAA, .931 Save Percentage). You go over Eriksson's career and see that he's put up excellent numbers everywhere he's been. I know the Eriksson thing has been beaten to death, but there should be no reason why he isn't a Flyer prospect.
geez, relax

He came back from an injury and it's his first season in NA. It's going to take him some time to get accustomed to it.

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 11:17 AM
  #190
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
One last note. Niko Hovinen is barely an ECHL goalie right now. Terrible, terrible, terrible. Show some pride and fire and find your game. For a guy who's supposed to be the goalie of the future, he's turning out to be nothing more than a turd with burnt hair on it. I can see why Minnesota walked away. That should have been a clue for Flyers brass. Instead, someone got fixated on Hovinen's size and overrated stats in the SM-liiga and felt it was good risk. Never mind the fact that his track record showed he was terrible, they took a risk on this guy, but felt that Eriksson wasn't worth the risk. All what I have to say is look at Eriksson's track record right now and he's head and shoulders above where Hovinen is. Eriksson had a rough first year with Skelleftea, but last year, he really put up fantastic numbers and is doing it again this year (13 games, 746 minutes, 23 goals allowed, 1.85 GAA, .931 Save Percentage). You go over Eriksson's career and see that he's put up excellent numbers everywhere he's been. I know the Eriksson thing has been beaten to death, but there should be no reason why he isn't a Flyer prospect.
Both put up great numbers in two of best leagues in Europe, both were worth a shot.

Unfortunately Hovinen got hurt and had to undergo surgery.

There were some rumors out there about Sunshine refusing to come over to NA unless guaranteed an NHL roster spot, which we all know would not happen with the Flyers.
So far Eriksson has proven nothing. He is far away from being a sure bet.

dats81 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 12:53 PM
  #191
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
One last note. Niko Hovinen is barely an ECHL goalie right now. Terrible, terrible, terrible. Show some pride and fire and find your game. For a guy who's supposed to be the goalie of the future, he's turning out to be nothing more than a turd with burnt hair on it. I can see why Minnesota walked away. That should have been a clue for Flyers brass. Instead, someone got fixated on Hovinen's size and overrated stats in the SM-liiga and felt it was good risk. Never mind the fact that his track record showed he was terrible, they took a risk on this guy, but felt that Eriksson wasn't worth the risk. All what I have to say is look at Eriksson's track record right now and he's head and shoulders above where Hovinen is. Eriksson had a rough first year with Skelleftea, but last year, he really put up fantastic numbers and is doing it again this year (13 games, 746 minutes, 23 goals allowed, 1.85 GAA, .931 Save Percentage). You go over Eriksson's career and see that he's put up excellent numbers everywhere he's been. I know the Eriksson thing has been beaten to death, but there should be no reason why he isn't a Flyer prospect.
You can't compare stats between the FEL and SEL and make a conclusion on it. The SEL is a defensive league.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 01:00 PM
  #192
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
geez, relax

He came back from an injury and it's his first season in NA. It's going to take him some time to get accustomed to it.
I get what you're saying, but at the same time, Hovinen has shown nothing with regards to being a "dominant" goalie. He's big, but that's it. His lateral movement is horrendous and butterfly to stand up movement is incredibly slow. I know the common thinking is that he needs time to adjust to the North American game, but any capable goaltender can make that transition easily. Look no further than guys like Niklas Backstrom or Anti Niemi, two guys who made the jump from SM-liiga to North America. Backstrom spent no time in the AHL while Niemi spent time and made the transition seamlessly.

I'll admit that I'm rough on Hovinen because I really don't think he's going to amount to nothing more than a mediocre AHL goaltender. I'm also not the only person who thinks that and there are several scouts that I speak to who feel the same way. I honestly hope he puts it together and becomes a dominant goaltender, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. You'd figure that the demotion to the ECHL would be the thing to get his game back on track, but it's been the exact opposite. He's been terrible and other than a few big saves here and there, there has certainly been nothing great about his performance at all.

As for his hip surgery, he had his surgery back in May. That's nearly six months ago. His hip should be perfectly fine and he's had more than enough time to get himself back into game shape. There should be zero setbacks unless he's playing injured, which he isn't. So, this is clearly 100% on Hovinen in terms of his terrible play and he needs to put it together because he's an older prospect and his time is limited.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is online now  
Old
11-11-2012, 01:07 PM
  #193
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,874
vCash: 500
On a somewhat related note, what kind of a ******** league is this ECHL that a team plays the same team four times in a row?!

Ryker is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 01:42 PM
  #194
tuckrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I get what you're saying, but at the same time, Hovinen has shown nothing with regards to being a "dominant" goalie. He's big, but that's it. His lateral movement is horrendous and butterfly to stand up movement is incredibly slow. I know the common thinking is that he needs time to adjust to the North American game, but any capable goaltender can make that transition easily. Look no further than guys like Niklas Backstrom or Anti Niemi, two guys who made the jump from SM-liiga to North America. Backstrom spent no time in the AHL while Niemi spent time and made the transition seamlessly.

I'll admit that I'm rough on Hovinen because I really don't think he's going to amount to nothing more than a mediocre AHL goaltender. I'm also not the only person who thinks that and there are several scouts that I speak to who feel the same way. I honestly hope he puts it together and becomes a dominant goaltender, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. You'd figure that the demotion to the ECHL would be the thing to get his game back on track, but it's been the exact opposite. He's been terrible and other than a few big saves here and there, there has certainly been nothing great about his performance at all.

As for his hip surgery, he had his surgery back in May. That's nearly six months ago. His hip should be perfectly fine and he's had more than enough time to get himself back into game shape. There should be zero setbacks unless he's playing injured, which he isn't. So, this is clearly 100% on Hovinen in terms of his terrible play and he needs to put it together because he's an older prospect and his time is limited.
Yea I'm not expecting much from hovinen.
All aboard the Anthony Stolarz hype-train!
He's a more interesting prospect imo

tuckrr is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 02:36 PM
  #195
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,644
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
On a somewhat related note, what kind of a ******** league is this ECHL that a team plays the same team four times in a row?!
it's to make the travel easier

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 02:37 PM
  #196
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,217
vCash: 500
Bourdon is a ****** fighter.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 04:47 PM
  #197
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
it's to make the travel easier
Yeah, I know, and it's reasonable to group games together, but four? I don't know, at least for me that takes a lot of the excitement out of the games, but I don't follow the ECHL anyway, so what do I care, I guess. I'd just make it less games or more teams in the area to play with. It seems strange have such a low quality league spread all over the US in the first place.

Ryker is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 05:50 PM
  #198
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Bourdon is a ****** fighter.
He wasn't that bad last year, or the year before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Yeah, I know, and it's reasonable to group games together, but four? I don't know, at least for me that takes a lot of the excitement out of the games, but I don't follow the ECHL anyway, so what do I care, I guess. I'd just make it less games or more teams in the area to play with. It seems strange have such a low quality league spread all over the US in the first place.
Playing a team that many times in a row is generally a good thing. Anything that happens in game 1 is taken to game 2, big hits, sledging, dirty hits. It makes the play-offs special. Bad blood carries over, and in hockey it becomes a firework.

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 06:13 PM
  #199
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
He wasn't that bad last year, or the year before?

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 07:38 PM
  #200
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I get what you're saying, but at the same time, Hovinen has shown nothing with regards to being a "dominant" goalie. He's big, but that's it. His lateral movement is horrendous and butterfly to stand up movement is incredibly slow. I know the common thinking is that he needs time to adjust to the North American game, but any capable goaltender can make that transition easily. Look no further than guys like Niklas Backstrom or Anti Niemi, two guys who made the jump from SM-liiga to North America. Backstrom spent no time in the AHL while Niemi spent time and made the transition seamlessly.

I'll admit that I'm rough on Hovinen because I really don't think he's going to amount to nothing more than a mediocre AHL goaltender. I'm also not the only person who thinks that and there are several scouts that I speak to who feel the same way. I honestly hope he puts it together and becomes a dominant goaltender, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. You'd figure that the demotion to the ECHL would be the thing to get his game back on track, but it's been the exact opposite. He's been terrible and other than a few big saves here and there, there has certainly been nothing great about his performance at all.

As for his hip surgery, he had his surgery back in May. That's nearly six months ago. His hip should be perfectly fine and he's had more than enough time to get himself back into game shape. There should be zero setbacks unless he's playing injured, which he isn't. So, this is clearly 100% on Hovinen in terms of his terrible play and he needs to put it together because he's an older prospect and his time is limited.
Scouts that you talk to ya right.

BleedOrange is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.