HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Thread - Waiting on the World to Change (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Sam Slick*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Would much rather trade with Edmonton or Chicago and get something of value than trade with Toronto and dump Luongo for the crap that Toronto's offering.

How do you know TB can't afford Luongo? How do you know SJ wouldn't upgrade to Luongo?

What happens if Holtby can't continue his playoff play? I don't think McPhee would throw a season down the toilet due to goaltending problems.

What happens when Theodore reverts back to Threeorfour?

I think Columbus would very much be interested too, and with John Davidson I would be surprised if they don't make an offer. Thanks for reminding me.
What crap is that exactly? Do you know something we all dont know? Because it is just me and a few guys that are jostling back in forth in a fun kinda way with what likely is to be offered.
Don't get upset if you don't like my trade proposal. Its not real. its me speculating and a few of the vancouver fans speculating.

All you have to do is check Capgeek.com and you can figure out who and who cannot afford Loungo. its not hard. You could go team by team with who has a number one tender and who needs a number one tender. But when you have you're list, you have to go to cap geek to see if they could afford him. As for a source for Florida saying no thanks, I had a look but cant find it. It was about a month ago. I tend to agree even without a source. Theodore had a very good season there. He is cheap and not long term. Also, Florida is one of the teams that we, as good teams, have to support. They lose money.

Columbus loaded up with prospects and young guys primarily. Loungo would not do them any good at this point. Loungo could not be the difference maker in Columbus. That are a bad team. Plus, Lou has to approve a trade to where ever he goes. Do you think Lou, who has never won a cup, would want to go to Columbus? And dont come back with T.O being a bad team. We are nearly playoff bound possibly without Lou, but he would help now and maybe within the next few years help us go all the way.

There is not much else to say about that. Tomorrow I am sure a few of us could make a team by team analysis to where there are possibilities where Lou could go. Maybe because the options are quite limited for MG right now, perhaps he should take his chances at the deadline.

You better hope for hockey. If there is no season, you will be begging for some kind of return. Lou will be 34 next season Vancouver will be in a worse position than they are now.

Where is Lou playing? Is he keeping fit>? Father time is NOT on Lou's side.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:46 PM
SunshineRays

Quote:
Would you accept Huberdeau? Or did you just omit him because Huberdeau is just not going to happen?

TBH, I would add to Luongo to get Huberdeau...he's going to be a star.
Ya, I'm guessing Huberdeau's not available, lol. You never know, but as you said, Nucks would probably have to add.

From Fla's perspective, I wonder if they think Luongos face/name will sell more tickets, or Huberdeau/Bjugstad? I still think marketing and ticket sales are a big reason why they're interested in Lu. Gotta sell those Club RED Seats

Old
10-31-2012, 08:57 PM
CanucksOo

Confirmed by strombone1: Lui to the Oilers

Old
10-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineRays View Post
Gotta agree. For me, it starts with either Bjugstad (preferable) or Gudbranson. I'm ok if either is the centre piece, but not the only piece. If Fla makes neither available, then look elsewhere. It's reasonable to expect one of a trading partners top 4 prospects for a high end roster player (Lu) IMO.

People keep bringing up Fla cause Dreger's said, since May, that they were the 'front-runner' to land Luongo. He reaffirmed this comment a few weeks ago.

Fla has not publicly said they 'won't' bring Lu back. In fact, they ran his acquisitions up the food chain in June. According to George Richards, it was approved. Dreger has said the 'sticking point' is Van unwilling to take $$ back in trade. Should a new CBA clause facilitate this transaction - such as the one just proposed - I could see the sticking point disappearing.
Florida had about 16 mil in cap space for this upcoming season with one player to sign. Can they afford Lou this year.....for sure.

But lou's term is very long.

The problem is next season. They have about 28 mil in space but have 10 players they have to sign including Stephen Weiss who is up for a raise from 3.1 mil. Weiss also has a NTC so its not like Florida can move him. Weiss will likely see around 4.2
So that is about 24 mil to sign 9 players. They have 6 RFA's that need to be signed to the tune of about 10 mil. So that is now 3 more players to sign with about 14 mil. Smithson is due for a signing of about a mil as a UFA so that leaves 13 mil and 2 players to sign. Erik Gudbranson comes in on an EL contract and is going to make 3.2 mil. That is non negociable. That brings the total down to 9 and change. They still have to sign another player. If they qualify Theodore, who is a UFA next season, he will earn about 2 mil. That leaves 7 and change. If they don't bring back Theodore, then they have 9 mil available for Lou.

Sounds good so far right? The projected cap is 70 million and change.
Now lets bring in the big factor. Florida has yet to spend more than 51 million on a cap and that was last season.

It gets worse. The following season they have a crap load of players to sign and only 7 guys are on the books.

So they add to Floridas cap with Lou's 5.3 mil to the year 2022....or just resign Theodore for a year at 2 mil.

So, to wrap up. Florida can't afford Lou long term. I have lived in Florida and the stadium is only 75% full a lot of the times. Other times its even less. Florida will not be able to afford to spend to the cap. Also, its not exactly a hockey hotbed. They are about to lose a crap load of fans because of this lockout. IMO, Florida will be operating at a 50% fan base when this thing is over.

Vancouver has 9.3 mil tied up in two goalies. Thats close to 12 percent of your teams cap tied up in 2 players.

My money is on Theodore resigning next season. he is on the books this season for only 1.5 mil. Not bad for a team that placed third overall in the conference.

Lou will not go to Florida. I don't care what Dreger says. Every think that some of these media guys need stories this time of year?

Old
10-31-2012, 09:19 PM
Sam Slick*

And to add, Florida's goals agains last season was 5th best in the conference. Theodore and his 1.5 mil salary stays.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:36 PM
SunshineRays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
Florida had about 16 mil in cap space for this upcoming season with one player to sign. Can they afford Lou this year.....for sure.

But lou's term is very long.

The problem is next season. They have about 28 mil in space but have 10 players they have to sign including Stephen Weiss who is up for a raise from 3.1 mil. Weiss also has a NTC so its not like Florida can move him. Weiss will likely see around 4.2
So that is about 24 mil to sign 9 players. They have 6 RFA's that need to be signed to the tune of about 10 mil. So that is now 3 more players to sign with about 14 mil. Smithson is due for a signing of about a mil as a UFA so that leaves 13 mil and 2 players to sign. Erik Gudbranson comes in on an EL contract and is going to make 3.2 mil. That is non negociable. That brings the total down to 9 and change. They still have to sign another player. If they qualify Theodore, who is a UFA next season, he will earn about 2 mil. That leaves 7 and change. If they don't bring back Theodore, then they have 9 mil available for Lou.

Sounds good so far right? The projected cap is 70 million and change.
Now lets bring in the big factor. Florida has yet to spend more than 51 million on a cap and that was last season.

It gets worse. The following season they have a crap load of players to sign and only 7 guys are on the books.

So they add to Floridas cap with Lou's 5.3 mil to the year 2022....or just resign Theodore for a year at 2 mil.

So, to wrap up. Florida can't afford Lou long term. I have lived in Florida and the stadium is only 75% full a lot of the times. Other times its even less. Florida will not be able to afford to spend to the cap. Also, its not exactly a hockey hotbed. They are about to lose a crap load of fans because of this lockout. IMO, Florida will be operating at a 50% fan base when this thing is over.

Vancouver has 9.3 mil tied up in two goalies. Thats close to 12 percent of your teams cap tied up in 2 players.

My money is on Theodore resigning next season. he is on the books this season for only 1.5 mil. Not bad for a team that placed third overall in the conference.

Lou will not go to Florida. I don't care what Dreger says. Every think that some of these media guys need stories this time of year?
Ya, I said earlier in the thread I think Fla can't afford Lu's contract (around $44m) without help from Van. It's likely why the hold up is $$. But as I said, there 'might' be a new clause or 2 in the new CBA to help facilitate that. Otherwise, I don't see Van taking any ineffective contract that effects their available cap space.

As for upcoming UFA/RFAs, Fla is no different than any other team. GMs devise a long term strategy based on their budget. That budget amount might change after a new CBA. But if they had long term concerns with their current roster, I can't imagine they'd ever acquire Campbell and his lengthy/costly contract. You can waive, buy out or trade most contracts. Fla has done all of the above in the last yr, I'd imagine they'd do the same going forward if they have $$ concerns.

Yes Fla has capacity issues, I mentioned that in my earlier post as a reason why their managers might see Lu as a way to sell tickets.

In terms of where he ends up, it's all just guess work right now. Dreger says Fla, Botchford thinks Toronto.... nobody seems to know for sure. I'm guessing the new CBA will help answer that question.

Last edited by SunshineRays: 10-31-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old
10-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Ya, I said earlier in the thread I think Fla can't afford Lu's contract (around $44m) without help from Van. It's likely why the hold up is $$. But as I said, there 'might' be a new clause or 2 in the new CBA to help facilitate that. Otherwise, I don't see Van taking any ineffective contract that effects their available cap space.

As for upcoming UFA/RFAs, Fla is no different than any other team. GMs devise a long term strategy based on their budget. If they had long term concerns with their current roster, I can't imagine they'd ever acquire Campbell and his lengthy/costly contract. You can waive, buy out or trade most contracts. Fla has done all of the above in the last yr, I'd imagine they'd do the same going forward if they have $$ concerns.

Yes Fla has capacity issues, I mentioned that in my earlier post as a reason why their managers might see Lu as a way to sell tickets.

In terms of where he ends up, it's all just guess work right now. Dreger says Fla, Botchford thinks Toronto.... nobody seems to know for sure. I'm guessing the new CBA will help answer that question.
Agreed. And I agree with you that anything can change with a new CBA

Old
10-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:

As for upcoming UFA/RFAs, Fla is no different than any other team. GMs devise a long term strategy based on their budget. That budget amount might change after a new CBA. But if they had long term concerns with their current roster, I can't imagine they'd ever acquire Campbell and his lengthy/costly contract. You can waive, buy out or trade most contracts. Fla has done all of the above in the last yr, I'd imagine they'd do the same going forward if they have $$ concerns.

Its risk/reward. The risk is they bring in lou and have nearly all their cap tied up close to the max, and prey that he puts butts in seats.

But fact is, if Lou was going to a hockey hotbed up here somewhere, then yes, his name would sell seats. But we are talking about Florida here. His name will be meaningless to most there. The games I went to their were quite dull, no atmosphere, etc. But the tickets were cheap and I was 3 rows behind the penalty box.

Florida is one of these teams like Tampa Bay, Phoenix, etc that are going to be majorally affected by this lockout. I said earlier, its sad when "Fat Lady Five Pin Bowling" has more TV ratings in the south than Hockey. We are well behind all the other sports like BBall, Football, Baseball, Sport fishing, Nascar and a crap load others down there.

When this thing is over, Wayne Gretzky himself would not help to sell tickets down there. Swamp Men have higher ratings in Florida than Hockey.....but hey, that is a pretty cool show.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:48 PM
SunshineRays

Quote:
Its risk/reward. The risk is they bring in lou and have nearly all their cap tied up close to the max, and prey that he puts butts in seats.
I'd imagine they'd do, or have done, their research first. More calculated than risk/reward.

Quote:
But fact is, if Lou was going to a hockey hotbed up here somewhere, then yes, his name would sell seats. But we are talking about Florida here. His name will be meaningless to most there. The games I went to their were quite dull, no atmosphere, etc. But the tickets were cheap and I was 3 rows behind the penalty box.
If Lu was going to a hockey hotbed, they likely wouldn't need his name or face to sell tickets. For a team like Fla, his name/success/history with franchise/marketability/attracting free agents etc is a nice asset. It was only 7 yrs ago he was there playing games.

Quote:
Florida is one of these teams like Tampa Bay, Phoenix, etc that are going to be majorally affected by this lockout. I said earlier, its sad when "Fat Lady Five Pin Bowling" has more TV ratings in the south than Hockey. We are well behind all the other sports like BBall, Football, Baseball, Sport fishing, Nascar and a crap load others down there.

When this thing is over, Wayne Gretzky himself would not help to sell tickets down there. Swamp Men have higher ratings in Florida than Hockey.....but hey, that is a pretty cool show.
Ya, I'm interested to see how this lockout affects those small markets. Fla had good success last yr (increased season ticket sales/playoffs), I'd imagine they want to build on that this yr (if there is one). The Club RED initiative is a good example.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:21 AM
I in the Eye

Quote:
I would expect a lot more than an average 3rd line C, a decent defenseman prospect and a mid-late 1st round pick for Luongo. I would not consider that trade at all. From Florida a trade needs to start with Nick Bjugstad, and if they aren't willing to move him or Huberdeau or Gudbranson, I see no reason to trade Luongo to the Florida Panthers.
The more Luongo returns, the happier I'd be... It's a direct correlation for me... My happiness in this Luongo situation is dictated by the closer Luongo's return is to infinity, then it is to zero... But, you don't have to be as happy as me at a return closer to zero... You don't have to see the return the exact same way as I do... It's all perspective... I think that return is farther away from zero than you probably do... But, in general, a good positive attitude gets you farther than a poor, negative attitude... Instead of "not considering that trade at all"... Why not take a different approach? Perhaps consider, "why is this poster considering that return as something he would be happy enough with? Obviously, this poster doesn't have an agenda to beat down Luongo's value... So, what's his perspective?" With your approach, it is useless having decent, lengthy discussion... There is no growth... So, if you want to just provide your $.02 as "the right way", for others right to take... and others wrong to disagree with... That's fine... But it's pretty closed minded, IMO...

From my perspective (if you are interested)...

I see a mid-1st as real valuable in a deep draft... Bjugstad, himself, was drafted early 20's? Late teens? A 1st, in this draft, should return, IMO, a real nice prospect - or, should be recyclable for a nice player or rental... Teams don't want to give up the 2013 1st round picks for a reason - this is advertised to be a real nice draft... With two 1sts, the Canucks can afford to give up on one for immediate help... In a draft where no team is eager to give up on a 1st, this is valuable - and provides a competitive advantage to get talent... At the deadline, there is always players available for trade... and, I would bet, that this deadline (assuming hockey) there again will be real nice players available for trade... Or, with two firsts in a deep draft, the Canucks can draft two real nice prospects... Or, with two firsts, the Canucks can very likely move up to get a higher ranked player in a real nice draft... Probably, IMO, a blue chip...

Why is it not good to have two 1sts in a real deep draft? If it is good, then why do you think that the draft isn't as deep as advertised? You, obviously, think the mid-level 1st isn't very valuable... but I don't understand why you think this...

I see Petrovic as a better defensive Bieksa... Has the potential to be more (Weber-type?)... Has the potential to be less (physical, 6th dman with "Bieksa-like" attributes?)... A real physical, mean player... who should get playing time as soon as hockey starts (as a 1st RH dman call up)... To call Petrovic a "a decent defenseman prospect" is disingenuous, IMO... He is, at the least, a "good defenseman prospect", and some predict after a full year of AHL, a "blue chip defenseman prospect"...

Why is it not good to have a better defensive Bieksa on this team? If you think this is good, why do you think that Petrovic won't reach this potential (or more potential)? You, obviously think that Petrovic is a "decent" defenseman prospect... What have you seen or heard that makes you think that Petrovic won't be a better defensive Bieksa - or more? What have you seen or heard that makes Petrovic only "decent"?

Goc is a good 3rd line center... Shore is a decent 3rd line center prospect - who has the attributes that the Canucks are looking for in a 3rd line center...

Why is it not good to have a good 3rd line center on this team (or, a decent 3rd line center prospect in the system)? Obviously, you think that Goc is just average - why is this? Why do you think that Shore would not be good to have in the system?

As of now, I stand by my Luongo for Petrovic + 1st + Goc (Shore) to be a return that I would be happy enough with... But go ahead, change my mind... I promise that I am not close minded here about this... My only agenda is to provide my honest thoughts about the Luongo situation - because I find this real interesting, and I'm obviously a big Canucks fan... I'm not out to satisfy any ego, or belong to any group or witch hunt... You can change my mind... if you provide some substance to your position... I can be convinced that Petrovic + 1st + Goc (Shore) is something that I should not be happy enough with... Believe me, I want Luongo to return the bloody moon and stars... But Gillis has, IMHO, up until the end of next offseason to do so... At some point, the market (through who wants Lu, what they have to return, and Lu's NTC) will dictate the return Gillis can get... IMO, Luongo cannot be on the team for as long as it takes until the moon and stars align...

Last edited by I in the Eye: 11-01-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old
11-01-2012, 04:19 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Consider the position Schnieder is in at this moment. He is credited (by many) with running a popular leader off the team. Imagine Gillis gets a good offer and trades away Luongo. Schnieder is this core group's last chance. If they don't get a cup this season or next, they will age out. That's a lot of pressure to put on a guy with sixty games experience.

The general consensus, as I read it, is that some people think the Canucks need a power forward and some think the team needs a number one defenceman. Both these items presuppose a shift in coaching objectives. Yet, no coaching change was made. I suggest this is because no shift is going to occour.

The Canucks, as built, rely on steady goaltending. Two number ones is workable for the time being. The Canucks do not have a significant prospect pool, but they do have a good number of cheaply signed players. These can be artfully juggled by a skilled guy like Gilman.

The wish list I have for Luongo return is very tightly focused and borderline absurd. It isn't even worth discussing because none of the guys that are worth the risk are available. What risk? Suppose Gillis gets a true number one powerplay quarterbacking number one Dman, or a big bad power forward, how do they help if Schnieder falters?

What is plan B in the case of Schnieder suffering developemental difficulties, anyway? As it stands the team could let Luongo start a few while Schnieder collects himself. With Lu gone, who would jump in? Trading Luongo creates weakness in a critical area. Can this be remedied in the trade? Would it force a second trade? Can a free agent be found?

Old
11-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

News1130Sports:
Quote:
#Heat prez Ryan Walter says "more than usual" #Canucks brass expected at #Marlies game tonight thanks to Roberto Loungo trade rumours.

Old
11-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
News1130Sports:
Not a big deal. A few guys from Van have a home in the T.O area. I've seen lots of management guys at games from all teams really. And I am sure Leaf scouts are at lots of other minor team games. Its what they do.

I wouldn't read anything into this. If a deal is to be made, I am sure it is done and the players involved are nailed down already.

Plus, the Marlies are about to start a long road trip.

This is a non issue.

Old
11-01-2012, 10:36 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Not a big deal. A few guys from Van have a home in the T.O area. I've seen lots of management guys at games from all teams really. And I am sure Leaf scouts are at lots of other minor team games. Its what they do.

I wouldn't read anything into this. If a deal is to be made, I am sure it is done and the players involved are nailed down already.

This is a non issue.
I don't see how a deal is done if the CBA is not finalized. If Burke and Gillis have agreed on the basic parameters of a deal then the main piece in the deal may also be agreed to but the ancillary pieces are probably still a moving target. Gillis will be wanting to get as much info as he can before nailing down the other pieces to be included in the deal.

Old
11-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Keeping it Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I don't see how a deal is done if the CBA is not finalized. If Burke and Gillis have agreed on the basic parameters of a deal then the main piece in the deal may also be agreed to but the ancillary pieces are probably still a moving target. Gillis will be wanting to get as much info as he can before nailing down the other pieces to be included in the deal.
Yeah, he value is tied to the CBA, so having a finalized deal doesn't really make sense at the moment.

Old
11-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 400
Quote:

This is a non issue.
Plus Ryan is trying to leech off of anything that will draw fans into that arena. The Draw for the Heat has been terrible.

Old
11-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
IMO, Luongo cannot be on the team for as long as it takes until the moon and stars align...
Really good post. The Lu trade reminds me of CBA negotiations... somewhere between the hardliners is a good deal to be made.

Last edited by Scurr: 11-01-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old
11-01-2012, 01:08 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
What is plan B in the case of Schnieder suffering developemental difficulties, anyway?
WHat's Plan B if Daniel gets hurt? What about one if Hamhuis is hurt? We don't even have a Plan B if we had started the season with Kesler on IR.

It's not prudent to have 3.5-6 million dollars worth of salary on the bench in any given game. Despite the fact that Schneider could be injured, we could apply that logic to any core player on the team and we don't have contigency plans for any of them either. You go with icing the best team possible, and the best team possible is one where we trade one of them to receive an immediate boost up front, no matter how substantial it is.

This team would be so much better if instead of Lu, we'd use that cap space to acquire a 50-point player to play in all the playoff games, instead of sitting Luongo for most, if not all of them. I'd be willing to wager that Schneider's not likely to be the sole reason why we lose a playoff series. He'll get his share of the blame, and rightly so, but the entire team as a whole will likely not play good enough to advance.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:11 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
The price for Luongo needs to START at Gardiner, Lupul, Reilly, or JVR. Anything else and it's likely we're just getting table scraps or a slew of crap like Calgary got for Phaneuf.
Lupul is a slow skater and he's had chemistry issues with various players over his career. Nobody was able to click with him in Edmonton.

JVR might be a risk worth taking, but I think Vancouver could get a more proven product than JVR. EVeryone loves his size and offensive abilities, but he's kinda like Sam Gagner when it comes to consistency.

I figure Gardinerand Reilly must be off limits. Their blueline would be worse off than the Oilers without Gardiner and even with him it's well below average. I don't think they can afford to give up either of them.

If I'm Vancouver and Luongo is going to be sent to Toronto for a package based around JVR, I demand a significant sweetener. Maybe he'll eat Malholtra's contract and throw in a second or one of their top prospects not named Reilly.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:16 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Lupul is a slow skater and he's had chemistry issues with various players over his career. Nobody was able to click with him in Edmonton.

JVR might be a risk worth taking, but I think Vancouver could get a more proven product than JVR. EVeryone loves his size and offensive abilities, but he's kinda like Sam Gagner when it comes to consistency.

I figure Gardinerand Reilly must be off limits. Their blueline would be worse off than the Oilers without Gardiner and even with him it's well below average. I don't think they can afford to give up either of them.

If I'm Vancouver and Luongo is going to be sent to Toronto for a package based around JVR, I demand a significant sweetener. Maybe he'll eat Malholtra's contract and throw in a second or one of their top prospects not named Reilly.
Great post! I think this is very reasonable.

11-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
No, I agree with you. There can be no deal anywhere in the NHL while the CBA is not in place. What I am saying is "IF" there is a deal, and thats a big if, then its a deal in principle. Basically 2 GM's hashed it out over a beer and shook hands on it, kinda thing.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
JVR might be a risk worth taking, but I think Vancouver could get a more proven product than JVR.
Like who?

Old
11-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Great post! I think this is very reasonable.
Of course you would.

JVR is not leaving Toronto. Sorry. Would I pull the trigger, yep, sure would. I liked Schenn. JVR is risk. High reward, but risk none the less.

Burke will not though. They just got the guy and committed to him.

Sorry, but you can have any three of the following or no deal:

Bozak
Kadri
anyone on our 3rd and fourth lines...except Brown. Burke may see differently though.
Holzer-Best bet
Gysbers
Fraser
....Well, anyone on the Marlies except Colborne and Gardiner.

Reilly, Gardiner, Finn are likely hard protected.

But, you can have Gunnar. He has played a few years now and is dependable. Plays top line minutes with Phaneuf. I hate to see him go, but Lou would be worth it.

I will be interested in a swap of picks.....But not a first only coming your way.

Ok, here is a super deal and I would think the package looks something like this.

Bozak
Kadri
Gunnar or Holzer
Swap of Picks
3rd rounder to sweeten the pot.

These are not table scraps like we sent Calgary. Bozak is dependable. Can play first line center but is more suited to a very good third line role.

Kadri is either going to be a star or bust. With our luck, he'd go to you and turn into the star we thought he would.

Gunnar and Holzer are young, Both will bring stability to your D corp.

Swap is unprotected. We know that if we have LOU, we are almost guaranteed a playoff spot so the first will be in the later part of the first round anyway.

The 3rd rounder is just sweetener. Thats up to your scouts to find a good one there. How have they done for you so far? I am being a smart ass, I am genuinely curious.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Sam Slick*

Oh yea, you can also have Connolly, Lombardi or MacArthur too.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Sorry, but you can have any three of the following or no deal:
We aren't all hardliners like Y2K but you aren't going to find anyone on this board that will trade Lu for that. No deal.

Closed Thread