HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Luongo Thread - Waiting on the World to Change (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2012, 01:36 PM
  #451
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
Of course you would.

JVR is not leaving Toronto. Sorry. Would I pull the trigger, yep, sure would. I liked Schenn. JVR is risk. High reward, but risk none the less.

Burke will not though. They just got the guy and committed to him.

Sorry, but you can have any three of the following or no deal:

Bozak
Kadri
anyone on our 3rd and fourth lines...except Brown. Burke may see differently though.
Holzer-Best bet
Gysbers
Fraser
....Well, anyone on the Marlies except Colborne and Gardiner.

Reilly, Gardiner, Finn are likely hard protected.

But, you can have Gunnar. He has played a few years now and is dependable. Plays top line minutes with Phaneuf. I hate to see him go, but Lou would be worth it.

I will be interested in a swap of picks.....But not a first only coming your way.

Ok, here is a super deal and I would think the package looks something like this.

Bozak
Kadri
Gunnar or Holzer
Swap of Picks
3rd rounder to sweeten the pot.

These are not table scraps like we sent Calgary. Bozak is dependable. Can play first line center but is more suited to a very good third line role.

Kadri is either going to be a star or bust. With our luck, he'd go to you and turn into the star we thought he would.

Gunnar and Holzer are young, Both will bring stability to your D corp.

Swap is unprotected. We know that if we have LOU, we are almost guaranteed a playoff spot so the first will be in the later part of the first round anyway.

The 3rd rounder is just sweetener. Thats up to your scouts to find a good one there. How have they done for you so far? I am being a smart ass, I am genuinely curious.
No deal then.

Not interested in trading a quality elite goaile like Roberto Luongo for a package of quantity average prospects/pieces. None of those assets addresses any of our major needs, and none of those assets are even close to having the kind of impact holding on to Luongo would for our team.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 01:55 PM
  #452
Sam Slick*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
No deal then.

Not interested in trading a quality elite goaile like Roberto Luongo for a package of quantity average prospects/pieces. None of those assets addresses any of our major needs, and none of those assets are even close to having the kind of impact holding on to Luongo would for our team.
Ok, what are your major needs? Keeping in mind Lou is a 5.3 mil cap hit and his contract goes for another 10 years. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get a good return for him.

Sam Slick* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 01:59 PM
  #453
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
Ok, what are your major needs? Keeping in mind Lou is a 5.3 mil cap hit and his contract goes for another 10 years. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get a good return for him.
Top 6 scorer (preferably with grit) who is an upgrade on the players we currently have.

High end prospect who will be a major part of the team in a few years when the Sedins move on.

Mobile puck moving defenseman within the age group of our team. Someone similar to a Christian Ehrhoff type.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:01 PM
  #454
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 19,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
Keeping in mind Lou is a 5.3 mil cap hit and his contract goes for another 10 years. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get a good return for him.
Tough to make judgements on the contract until we know what the CBA will turn out to be.

As it is, based on the old CBA - that $5.3 million cap hit will be seemingly valuable to those teams struggling to meet *the cap floor* after six seasons (not out of the line of reasonable expectations for Luongo to have five productive seasons in the future given his lack of serious injuries in his career) when his actual salary drops noticeably after that 6th year.

As been said, he hasn't showed any signs of slowing down (just the other guy has outplayed him). His career save percentage (including all those sad sack years in Florida) - 0.919. His save percentage this past season? 0.919.

Barney Gumble is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:17 PM
  #455
Sam Slick*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Ok. I am assuming that you as Canuck fans want a roster player, top prospect and a pick for Lou. Where we are not willing to deal our pick, we can add a 2nd and third or another prospect or another roster player. Please select from the following what would get the deal done in your opinion.

Roster players available.

Forwards.

Connolly…….Center
Bozak…………Center
Macarthur…..Wing
Lombardi……Center
Steckel………Center
Maclement…Center
Frattin……….Wing
Kulemin……Wing

D roster players

Franson
Gunnarson
Komisarek
Liles

Prospects Forwards Prospect D

Kadri Fraser
Ashton Yeo
Zigomannis Holzer
Scott Gysbers
Deschamps Ranger
Aucoin Kostka
Hamilton Blacker
Acton
Abbott
Ryan
D’amigo
Devane
Ross
Cresenzi
Mckegg
Komarov

That is a lot to pick from. If you can’t pick a player, propect and the 2nd and 3rd with that, there is something wrong. If you do not want the 2nd and 3rd pick, you can pick another prospect or roster player. Kostka is a D and he is leading the Marlies in Points and Ryan is a young prospect who is leading the Marlies in goals. If you are not sure about certain prospects and roster players, go check them out on our site or go to youtube. Of our Roster forwards Connolly is probably our best player but he has some injury problems and has a heavy cap hit.

Have Fun.

Sam Slick* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:20 PM
  #456
Sam Slick*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Crap, cant edit that. The second name in the top 7 groups are our prospect D you can pick from.
Fraser
Yeo
Gysbers
Ranger
Kostka
Holzer
Blacker

Sam Slick* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:24 PM
  #457
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
Ok. I am assuming that you as Canuck fans want a roster player, top prospect and a pick for Lou. Where we are not willing to deal our pick, we can add a 2nd and third or another prospect or another roster player. Please select from the following what would get the deal done in your opinion.

Roster players available.

Forwards.

Connolly…….Center
Bozak…………Center
Macarthur…..Wing
Lombardi……Center
Steckel………Center
Maclement…Center
Frattin……….Wing
Kulemin……Wing

D roster players

Franson
Gunnarson
Komisarek
Liles

Prospects Forwards Prospect D

Kadri Fraser
Ashton Yeo
Zigomannis Holzer
Scott Gysbers
Deschamps Ranger
Aucoin Kostka
Hamilton Blacker
Acton
Abbott
Ryan
D’amigo
Devane
Ross
Cresenzi
Mckegg
Komarov

That is a lot to pick from. If you can’t pick a player, propect and the 2nd and 3rd with that, there is something wrong. If you do not want the 2nd and 3rd pick, you can pick another prospect or roster player. Kostka is a D and he is leading the Marlies in Points and Ryan is a young prospect who is leading the Marlies in goals. If you are not sure about certain prospects and roster players, go check them out on our site or go to youtube. Of our Roster forwards Connolly is probably our best player but he has some injury problems and has a heavy cap hit.

Have Fun.
Again, none of those players address our team needs. We don't want the Leafs junk for our elite goalie.

Generous of you to include Paul Ranger when he's not even Leafs property (he was signed to a deal by the Marlies, not the Leafs).

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:33 PM
  #458
MAGICMAN1963
Registered User
 
MAGICMAN1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: RED DEER ALBERTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Again, none of those players address our team needs. We don't want the Leafs junk for our elite goalie.

Generous of you to include Paul Ranger when he's not even Leafs property (he was signed to a deal by the Marlies, not the Leafs).
Said it before,and say it again.I also dont want anything to do with Toronto .They have nothing that they are willing to give up that address our needs.Would rather keep Luongo untill a better team needs a #1 goalie.

MAGICMAN1963 is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:34 PM
  #459
Sam Slick*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
If It was me and I really wanted Lou I would offer this:

I think our best Roster player is Connolly but I think Liles is what you are after for a PMD

Roster Player

Liles

Prospect Player

Most on the leaf boards think our best prospect is Kadri. I disagree. He has had 4 years.

I would say McKegg is the best IMO

I would keep our picks and add another Prospect. I know your cupboards are bare so I will add:

Holzer.

Liles
Mckegg
Holzer

That looks just a tad thin so I will kick in Connolly if you dont mind the cap hit of 4 and change. Between Bozak and Connolly, Connolly has a ton more talent.

so....

to Vancouver:

Liles- a very good PMD
Connolly- Can play top line minutes and was Buffalos go to guy
Holzer- NHL ready last season, there was just no room. Probably our best D prospect by a long shot.
McKegg- A big banger that can rack up serious points. IMO our best prospect not named Gardiner, Reilly, or Finn

We also have a slew of top prospects in the CHA like Biggs etc.

Sam Slick* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:35 PM
  #460
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
If It was me and I really wanted Lou I would offer this:

I think our best Roster player is Connolly but I think Liles is what you are after for a PMD

Roster Player

Liles

Prospect Player

Most on the leaf boards think our best prospect is Kadri. I disagree. He has had 4 years.

I would say McKegg is the best IMO

I would keep our picks and add another Prospect. I know your cupboards are bare so I will add:

Holzer.

Liles
Mckegg
Holzer

That looks just a tad thin so I will kick in Connolly if you dont mind the cap hit of 4 and change. Between Bozak and Connolly, Connolly has a ton more talent.

so....

to Vancouver:

Liles- a very good PMD
Connolly- Can play top line minutes and was Buffalos go to guy
Holzer- NHL ready last season, there was just no room. Probably our best D prospect by a long shot.
McKegg- A big banger that can rack up serious points. IMO our best prospect not named Gardiner, Reilly, or Finn

We also have a slew of top prospects in the CHA like Biggs etc.
Terrible offer. Doesn't address our needs.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:35 PM
  #461
Sam Slick*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Again, none of those players address our team needs. We don't want the Leafs junk for our elite goalie.

Generous of you to include Paul Ranger when he's not even Leafs property (he was signed to a deal by the Marlies, not the Leafs).
There is no pleasing you at all. I have a feeling no matter what happen with the Canucks at any time you are never happy so don't bother.

You and I clearly would have no deal.

And, I said prospects for Ranger on the Marlies. No where did I say he was a leaf.

Sam Slick* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:37 PM
  #462
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
There is no pleasing you at all. I have a feeling no matter what happen with the Canucks at any time you are never happy so don't bother.

You and I clearly would have no deal.

And, I said prospects for Ranger on the Marlies. No where did I say he was a leaf.
The Leafs can't trade Ranger so why would you even mention his name?

No, a slew of crap does not please me. Try offering a player who's valuable and addresses our needs. Someone like JVR or Gardiner? That would please me. But you don't want to do that, so of course anything that involves a slew of junk isn't going to please me.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:37 PM
  #463
Sam Slick*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Terrible offer. Doesn't address our needs.
And those needs would be....?

You just don't like the leafs. Sometimes you have to put aside your ego to make a deal. You clearly are not a hockey person.

Sam Slick* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:38 PM
  #464
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
And those needs would be....?

You just don't like the leafs. Sometimes you have to put aside your ego to make a deal. You clearly are not a hockey person.
Mentioned our needs above. You've ignored it.

Not that I don't like the Leafs, I don't like the idea of trading Luongo for junk. You propose a trade in which we take on more salary than we give up, along with meh prospects.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:40 PM
  #465
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
You clearly are not a hockey person.
As much as I love you taking a shot at Y2k, you're out to lunch if you think spare parts and b prospects should land Roberto Luongo.

Scurr is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:44 PM
  #466
Sam Slick*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
The Leafs can't trade Ranger so why would you even mention his name?

No, a slew of crap does not please me. Try offering a player who's valuable and addresses our needs. Someone like JVR or Gardiner? That would please me. But you don't want to do that, so of course anything that involves a slew of junk isn't going to please me.
Hey all I did was provide a list of all the players that willl be available. If you don't like them, then so be it.

As for Ranger, I simply supplied him as a "fantasy player" to that list. If the Nucks really wanted him, I am sure Burke could figure it out.

Sam Slick* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:45 PM
  #467
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
This Sam Slick is out to lunch. Or thinks Luongo is not nearly as good as he actually is.

Either way, its giving me a good laugh

Pseudonymous is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:45 PM
  #468
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
Hey all I did was provide a list of all the players that willl be available. If you don't like them, then so be it.

As for Ranger, I simply supplied him as a "fantasy player" to that list. If the Nucks really wanted him, I am sure Burke could figure it out.
If the Canucks really want Paul Ranger, Burke doesn't even need to be involved. We just offer him a contract and get him for free.

No, I don't like those players you listed, and if that's accurate with what Burke is offering then I highly doubt Luongo will be a Leaf. It's that simple. You will not get Roberto Luongo if all you're offering is a bunch of junk and spare parts.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:48 PM
  #469
Sam Slick*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
As much as I love you taking a shot at Y2k, you're out to lunch if you think spare parts and b prospects should land Roberto Luongo.
Well, thats always fun.

Ok, so what player do you think MG starts with or no deal will work?

Burke has stated several times that Gardiner or Reilly will not be moved. He hasn't said that about Finn yet but most agree he is aware of how good this kid is.

Burke has also said that he is happy with Reimer and will not sacrifice furture to fill one positional need. Burke is a blow hard, but he hasnt lied to us yet.

Sam Slick* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:50 PM
  #470
Sam Slick*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
If the Canucks really want Paul Ranger, Burke doesn't even need to be involved. We just offer him a contract and get him for free.

No, I don't like those players you listed, and if that's accurate with what Burke is offering then I highly doubt Luongo will be a Leaf. It's that simple. You will not get Roberto Luongo if all you're offering is a bunch of junk and spare parts.
I don't get why you keep saying that. Did you go look and learn about everyone of those players? They did go all the way to Calder cup final last year....how did your prospects do?

Sam Slick* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:51 PM
  #471
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
That is a lot to pick from. If you can’t pick a player, propect and the 2nd and 3rd with that, there is something wrong. If you do not want the 2nd and 3rd pick, you can pick another prospect or roster player. Kostka is a D and he is leading the Marlies in Points and Ryan is a young prospect who is leading the Marlies in goals. If you are not sure about certain prospects and roster players, go check them out on our site or go to youtube. Of our Roster forwards Connolly is probably our best player but he has some injury problems and has a heavy cap hit.

Have Fun.
Maybe the "something thats wrong" is the list of players & how they compare in value to a marque player like Luongo.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Slick View Post
I don't get why you keep saying that. Did you go look and learn about everyone of those players? They did go all the way to Calder cup final last year....how did your prospects do?


Luongo went to the Stanley Cup Fianls, posted two 1-0 shutouts & look how is value is perceived by people.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:53 PM
  #472
Sam Slick*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
If the Canucks really want Paul Ranger, Burke doesn't even need to be involved. We just offer him a contract and get him for free.

No, I don't like those players you listed, and if that's accurate with what Burke is offering then I highly doubt Luongo will be a Leaf. It's that simple. You will not get Roberto Luongo if all you're offering is a bunch of junk and spare parts.
Here is a fact for you that has nothing to do with a trade. if MG does not stock his shelves, the Canucks will AGE out. Then you will be at the bottom again trying to claw your way back up.
We went through it, Now Monteal is about to go through it. You have not drafted well. there simply is not much there.

I am offering a couple top prospects in Holzer and McKegg. If you think they are "Plugs" then we have nothing else to talk about.

Sam Slick* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:53 PM
  #473
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,940
vCash: 5555
It's impossible to get a deal done that satisfies everyone. On the Leafs board I heard someone say they wouldn't trade Reimer straight up for Luongo. Middle ground can be found, but not with everyone.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:56 PM
  #474
Sam Slick*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Maybe the "something thats wrong" is the list of players & how they compare in value to a marque player like Luongo.





Luongo went to the Stanley Cup Fianls, posted two 1-0 shutouts & look how is value is perceived by people.
His value is perceived with common sense. Sure he is a very good goalie and I have said several times I want him. But his value is a tender that is 33 years old. He can only give us maybe 4 or 5 years. Its not like we are talking about Carey Price here. He is also on a long term contract. The world knows that is another knock against him.. As for the cap hit, I am ok with that.

Sam Slick* is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:56 PM
  #475
Sam Slick*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
It's impossible to get a deal done that satisfies everyone. On the Leafs board I heard someone say they wouldn't trade Reimer straight up for Luongo. Middle ground can be found, but not with everyone.
Whoever said that was a fool.

Sam Slick* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.