HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Discussion for all prospects including Adirondack Phantoms (AHL)

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2012, 09:04 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1000
Discussion for all prospects including Adirondack Phantoms (AHL)

Quote:
2012-13 Adirondack Phantoms' Regular Season Schedule
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|PHI|home

Date Opponent Result/Time (ET)
Saturday, Oct. 13th PORTLAND PIRATES W 6-3
Sunday, Oct. 14th at Springfield Falcons L 0-4
Friday, Oct. 19th at St. John's IceCaps L 1-2
Saturday, Oct. 20th at St. John's IceCaps W 4-3
Friday, Oct. 26th at Albany Devils 7:00 PM
Saturday, Oct. 27th ROCHESTER AMERICANS 7:00 PM
Sunday, Oct. 28th at Syracuse Crunch 3:00 PM

Quote:
2012-13 Adirondack Phantoms' Website (Twitter and Facebook Links)
http://www.phantomshockey.com/default.asp

Quote:
2012-13 Adirondack Phantoms' Training Camp Roster
http://flyers.nhl.com/v2/ext/Phantom...%202012-13.pdf

FORWARDS (21):
Jason Akeson, Rob Bordson, Tyler Brown, Sean Couturier, Matt Ford, Shane Harper, Ben Holmstrom, Andrew Johnston, Matt Mangene, Tye McGinn, Pierre-Olivier Morin, Marcel Noebels, Luke Pither, Zac Rinaldo, Garrett Roe, Sergei Sentyurin, Brayden Schenn, Ian Slater, Mike Testwuide, Eric Wellwood, Harry Zolnierczyk.

DEFENSE (15):
Michael Banwell, Marc-Andre Bourdon, Jeff Dimmen, Cullen Eddy, Zack Fitzgerald, Connor Goggin, Erik Gustafsson, Tyler Hostetter, Blake Kessel, Matt Konan, Oliver Lauridsen, Brandon Manning, Johan Ryd, Danny Syvret, Mitch Versteeg.

GOALTENDERS (3):
Cal Heeter, Niko Hovinen, Scott Munroe

Quote:
2012-13 Adirondack Phantoms' Training Camp Schedule
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=642102

Saturday, September 29, 2012
Phantoms Ice – 9:15 am - 12:15 pm
Phantoms Ice – 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm

Sunday, September 30, 2012
Phantoms Ice – 8:00 am -11:00 am
Flyers Ice – 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm

Monday, October 1, 2012
Phantoms Ice
9:00 am – 12:30 pm
2:40 pm – 4:30 pm

Tuesday, October 2, 2012
2:00 pm – Game vs. Albany Devils

Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Phantoms Ice

Thursday, October 4, 2012
Phantoms Ice

Sunday, October 7, 2012
Flyers Ice
8:00 am -1:00 pm

Quote:
The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that their American Hockey League affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms, will open their 2012 training camp at The Virtua Center Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, NJ on Saturday, September 29.

The camp, which runs through October 7, will open with 39 players – 21 forwards, 15 defensemen and three goalies.

Players will take the ice for the first time at 9:15 AM on Sept. 29. On-ice sessions on the first day include a second session in the afternoon from 4:30 – 6:00 PM.

Sunday’s schedule includes on-ice sessions at 8 AM and 3 PM. A complete schedule is also attached to this release, but is subject to change. All on-ice sessions are free and open to the public.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments regarding Nick Cousins (August 26) start with post #512 in this thread.
  • He was reinstated by his OHL team, the OHL's Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, after completing 10-day counseling programs.
  • He has a November 5 court hearing, originally slated for October 1.

Further discussion can be made in this thread.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 10-22-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old
05-24-2012, 09:43 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

vCash: 500
I was reading todays Meltzer article and was struck by 2 things. 1 is that somewhat lost in the "great undrafted players" talk is Brendan Manning. Sure he's not Matt Read great, but considering this guy was injured the whole offseason and missed a really good chunk of the regular season, and he was still good enough for a callup (and didn't seem out of place either) in his first year of pro, is impressive considering that he is defenseman. Yes I realize there was a limited amount of choices when he was called up but I thought he performed well.

The second thing was that I'm encouraged by the development of the Dane. I've always found myself pulling for him and I remember when I ranked him last year in my top 10 prospects there were others who liked him as well. Every prospects camp someone tries to destroy him with a hit and ends up being the one on their back. I remember very well his first prospects camp when Clackson thought he'd show the new kid how hard he could hit (Clackson was like 22 or something then) and he bounced off Oliver like Oliver was a brick wall. Wouldn't it be great to have a home grown huge D man that can hit and is a steady defender? He obviously has a way to go yet, especially with is size but a lot of guys drafted around him have done a whole lot of nothing since the draft.

Old
05-24-2012, 01:31 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I was reading todays Meltzer article and was struck by 2 things. 1 is that somewhat lost in the "great undrafted players" talk is Brendan Manning. Sure he's not Matt Read great, but considering this guy was injured the whole offseason and missed a really good chunk of the regular season, and he was still good enough for a callup (and didn't seem out of place either) in his first year of pro, is impressive considering that he is defenseman. Yes I realize there was a limited amount of choices when he was called up but I thought he performed well.

The second thing was that I'm encouraged by the development of the Dane. I've always found myself pulling for him and I remember when I ranked him last year in my top 10 prospects there were others who liked him as well. Every prospects camp someone tries to destroy him with a hit and ends up being the one on their back. I remember very well his first prospects camp when Clackson thought he'd show the new kid how hard he could hit (Clackson was like 22 or something then) and he bounced off Oliver like Oliver was a brick wall. Wouldn't it be great to have a home grown huge D man that can hit and is a steady defender? He obviously has a way to go yet, especially with is size but a lot of guys drafted around him have done a whole lot of nothing since the draft.

bearclaw has been a favorite of mine too though i dont know that hell really get his skating down against slower competition. hes either going to have to develop on the bottom pair or get some time in overseas but thinking at high speed hasnt been a strength that ive seen.

Old
05-24-2012, 01:49 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post

Happened last training camp with Rinaldo. I was there. Rinaldo tried to lay him out with his train hit, and instead ended up on his ass with the Dane looking down at him.

Old
05-24-2012, 02:59 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Is Ranford going to get a contract? I would be very curious to see what kind of elevation to his game he would have surrounded by the Flyer's NHL forwards.

Old
05-24-2012, 03:01 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Is Ranford going to get a contract? I would be very curious to see what kind of elevation to his game he would have surrounded by the Flyer's NHL forwards.
It's looking like no more than yes. Ranford said his agent is talking to the Flyers, and he wants to be a Flyer but nothing has happened.

Old
05-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
It's looking like no more than yes. Ranford said his agent is talking to the Flyers, and he wants to be a Flyer but nothing has happened.
Agree. Bill M. said the Flyers would most likely not sign him. Issues? Attiude problems or what?

Old
05-24-2012, 03:22 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Agree. Bill M. said the Flyers would most likely not sign him. Issues? Attiude problems or what?
Most likely they dont see his skills projecting at the next level. That and I guess skating issues (which still is barely average).

Old
05-24-2012, 03:27 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
The red wings haven't drafted a premiere player since franzen in 04
Exactly.
They have a bunch of prospects that are overhyped even though they are average prospects.
Most teams have a bunch of players with similar upside in their systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Conditioning and skating are still issues with him.
They probably feel like he doesn't have a whole lot of professional upside.

Old
05-24-2012, 04:19 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Since he doesn't have a contract, could he be included in a trade...sayyy for the rights to Suter?

Old
05-24-2012, 04:21 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Since he doesn't have a contract, could he be included in a trade...sayyy for the rights to Suter?
If they traded for Suter's rights prior to June 1st, yes.
We lose Ranford's rights on June 1st if he isn't signed.

Last edited by jfb392: 05-24-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old
05-24-2012, 04:47 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

The Flyers' organization as a whole seems to emphasizing skating more and more, particularly with skill forwards. It likely has something to do with Laviolette's system, in which skating is necessary.

That's my best guess as to why Ranford is still playing the waiting game and may continue waiting.

Old
05-24-2012, 05:33 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

We drafted a big Czech center last draft, forget his name, any time frame for him to come over?

Old
05-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
We drafted a big Czech center last draft, forget his name, any time frame for him to come over?
Petr Placek? He is a big big boy too. 6-4 19 years old. Weighs 210 pounds. I remember a lot of people saying he could be one of the steals of the draft. He came over and played somewhere in Connecticut and is going to Harvard next year. I think he might be one of those gem's later in the drafts. He just needs to develop more, he is very raw. Injuries hurt him this year, but he should be healthy for his freshman year at Harvard.

Seems like he already played a year in college. jfb392 is on top of his game, me on the other hand....

Last edited by Prongo: 05-24-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old
05-24-2012, 05:46 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Petr Placek? He is a big big boy too. 6-4 19 years old. Weighs 210 pounds. I remember a lot of people saying he could be one of the steals of the draft. He came over and played somewhere in Connecticut and is going to Harvard next year. I think he might be one of those gem's later in the drafts. He just needs to develop more, he is very raw. Injuries hurt him this year, but he should be healthy for his freshman year at Harvard.
I'm not sure if he was injured again this year, but he's already at Harvard.
He only played in 16 of Harvard's 34 games this year and recorded a single point (a primary assist).

He was scratched in the only Harvard game I saw this year, so I can't tell you how he did when he was actually playing outside of statistics.

Old
05-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
I'm not sure if he was injured again this year, but he's already at Harvard.
He only played in 16 of Harvard's 34 games this year and recorded a single point (a primary assist).

He was scratched in the only Harvard game I saw this year, so I can't really speak about how well he did or didn't do.
Ah crap your right. I remember you talking about that earlier if my memory serves me right. Sorry about that.

I still like his raw talent. Just hope he improves from that bad year.

When I wrote it I was thinking he should already be in school to since he was 19 going on 20 this year. I thought maybe it had something to do with him coming over from the Czech though.

Old
05-24-2012, 06:45 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Ah crap your right. I remember you talking about that earlier if my memory serves me right. Sorry about that.

I still like his raw talent. Just hope he improves from that bad year.

When I wrote it I was thinking he should already be in school to since he was 19 going on 20 this year. I thought maybe it had something to do with him coming over from the Czech though.
No, they don't have any restrictions for imports.
As long as they meet eligibility requirements, they're fine.

After further research, it looks like he unfortunately had injury problems once again this season.
Hopefully it doesn't become an issue, but that's two years in a row now.

Also, anyone notice that Michael Chaput is second in scoring at the Memorial Cup?
He's technically tied for first in points with six but Huberdeau has one more goal than him.
He's not going to be much of a scorer at the next level but he can at least play.
It's unfortunate that they dealt him for Sestito, but whatever.

Edit: Nevermind the tie now, he's got the lead with an assist on the second Shawi goal.

Last edited by jfb392: 05-24-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old
05-24-2012, 07:06 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I always liked Chaput. He doesnt have that much offense ability but his two way play and faceoff ability (his strong point) can allow him to make the next level. I remember him at the rookie camp beating out guys 4-5 years older than he is in faceoffs.

Old
05-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
No, they don't have any restrictions for imports.
As long as they meet eligibility requirements, they're fine.

After further research, it looks like he unfortunately had injury problems once again this season.
Hopefully it doesn't become an issue, but that's two years in a row now.

Also, anyone notice that Michael Chaput is second in scoring at the Memorial Cup?
He's technically tied for first in points with six but Huberdeau has one more goal than him.
He's not going to be much of a scorer at the next level but he can at least play.
It's unfortunate that they dealt him for Sestito, but whatever.

Edit: Nevermind the tie now, he's got the lead with an assist on the second Shawi goal.
Quote:
I always liked Chaput. He doesnt have that much offense ability but his two way play and faceoff ability (his strong point) can allow him to make the next level. I remember him at the rookie camp beating out guys 4-5 years older than he is in faceoffs.
I was a fan of the trade at the time, but if given the choice now, I'm not sure I'd do it again.

Old
05-25-2012, 12:31 AM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Sestito is still a decent player, I hope he beats out Rinaldo this year, he was scary on the ice

Old
05-25-2012, 11:05 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
Sestito is still a decent player, I hope he beats out Rinaldo this year, he was scary on the ice
Plus he got boston so mad last year, gotta love that

Old
05-25-2012, 03:23 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

The only thing I don't like about Setisto is he tends to lose his fights, other than that I like what he brings

Old
05-25-2012, 03:44 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
I still hate that trade. Chaput is going to be a gamer when he gets to the pro's. Sestito couldn't even crack the lineup in Columbus and he can't crack the lineup in Philadelphia. Chaput had the potential to work the fouth line in a Blair Betts type role, but with much better speed and face-off ability. Chaput was a wasted asset.

Old
05-25-2012, 09:08 PM
nuclear reactor

I am officially adding Chaput to the list of future game breakers wasted by this organization.

1. Scottie Upshall
2. Jonas Erickson
3. Pat Marroon
4. Mark Chaput

Old
05-25-2012, 09:10 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear reactor View Post
I am officially adding Chaput to the list of future game breakers wasted by this organization.

1. Scottie Upshall
2. Jonas Erickson
3. Pat Marroon
4. Mark Chaput
5. Mike Richards
6. Jeff Carter
7. Kris Versteeg
8. Ville Leino

Closed Thread