Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

Do we have to admit that Bud Selig is the best Commissioner in the 4 Major Sports?

09-28-2012, 09:47 PM
vCash: 1321
Do we have to admit that Bud Selig is the best Commissioner in the 4 Major Sports?

This topic came up today on local radio as I was driving home, and I was wondering what you guys thought. In the last year, we've seen labor strife with the NFL (Twice), NBA, and we all know as hockey fans how Gary Bettman is with the NHL. Then we have Bud Selig, who while ruled over the steroid thing, but the league itself has seen stability, increase in attendence, and no work stoppages in at least 20 years, with a CBA quickly done last year? I hate Selig just as much as the next guy, but considering how the other sports are at the moment, maybe the hate is going too far?

SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
09-28-2012, 10:34 PM
vCash: 500
I think it's more that the MLB has the strongest union of them all. But I think its either Bettman/Selig, although I don't like Bettman.

Also, I'm pretty sure that all four commissioners of the major sports are Jewish, coincidentally. And I'm not being racist FWIW just pointing out coincidence.

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
09-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Fish on The Sand
Its not really labor peace, baseball just stopped trying to fight the union.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
09-29-2012, 11:17 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
vCash: 50
He's a reactionary doofus that really hasn't done anything other than stand in the way of meaningful reform and progress.

He just happens to be at the helm of a ship that's handling things well by itself.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
10-19-2012, 10:53 PM
And what is MLB's media deal worth? Outside of the NFL, it's the biggest. It could even be more than the NFL.

He has improved things though with the luxury tax, or whatever you want to call it, for teams spending over a certain amount. Look at the Yankees, they are tired of paying so much of that that they want to decrease their payroll. Player salaries were getting way out of hand in baseball not too long ago.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote