HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Yakupov

Old
12-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I agree, Yandle is a stud and the biggest piece in this trade. Yandle for Yakupov hold close to the same value, imo.
I think Hanzal is the more intriguing player.

I think the Oilers would do alright making this deal, although it could bite them in the ass. Phoenix however would need a center and somebody to take up capspace, and IMO would not want to give up two key roster players for a rookie (even as good as he should be, they need to compete). With Shawn Horcoff having a big ticket caphit but a contract worth substantially less in the later years (in 13-14 he makes 4 million and only 3 million in 14-15 which is also the last on the contract) i think he might be a good canidate to round out a deal. Sub in Gormley for Yandle and i think it's better for Phoenix now and allows Edmonton to add a potential top defenseman still. And for all those saying Phoenix would never want Horcoff i think they would. He's a two way guy who is certainly an upgrade over Boyd Gordon and Chipchura (Tippett loves his veteran centers). Phoenix would save money by reaching the floor despite spending less actual dollars (they are already 4 million under the floor), and Horcoff's deal is only for two more years after this lockout season.

Horcoff, Yakupov
for
Hanzal, Gormley

It'd be awfully tough for me to turn this down, despite loving the idea of an elite finisher for the 2nd line.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Aceonfire
Connor McOiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
I think some people are confusing "all time low" with "declined" in terms of trade value. The people saying Yakupov's value is at an all time low is because they think his value will do nothing but rise once he plays in the NHL. Right now he's got a grand total of 0points in 0games in his NHL career, that's most certainly unproven.

Anyway, back on topic.
Evgeni Kuznetsov for Yakupov. Kuznetsov can play both center and wing, and has likewise lit up the KHL and scored clutch goals (led the KHL is game winners last season, with 50% more than the 2nd place tie between Tarasenko and Ruzicka). I realize Edmonton may be wary about the "Russian factor," so a deal here in unlikely. But the Caps aren't going to add significant pieces to move between Kuznetsov and Yakupov.

Other idea:
Marcus Johansson + Dmitry Orlov.
Kuznetsov is just as arrogant as Yakupov. His comments after the WJC game were ridiculous.

Yakupov for Carlson and call it a day.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:25 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Id make that deal from an Oilers POV if the lockout continue for the entire season.

Toronto has been one of the worst team the last couple years. If they could get a top 5 pick.

Oilers would receive one of Mackinnon, Barkov, Mohanan, Jones, Drouin... + Gardiner+Colborne

Id say thats a pretty good return for Yakupov.
How about reading the posting . He said 2014 and it is lotto protected . Gardiner is a nice peice , the first is also nice ,but as for Colborne he does not have much value . I have not watch him , but looking at his AHL numbers he does not seem to be a NHL player now or in the Future . I could be wrong as i said i am only going by stats , never seen him play

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:45 AM
Kershaw

I think Yak's stock has dropped a bit. Look at Rielly and Galchenyuk dominating their leagues while Yak is barely passing by. He also struggle internationally for Russia thus far. Perhaps it's not a good time to sell low on him.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Connor McSaviour
#FreeGaza

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
What about Yakupov + For Galchenyuk?
If the Oilers wanted Galchenyuk, they would've drafted him instead of Yak. Comeon bro

Connor McSaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:59 AM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Quote:
What about Yakupov + For Galchenyuk?

Seriously? The Oilers are adding?

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:04 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
I think Yak's stock has dropped a bit. Look at Rielly and Galchenyuk dominating their leagues while Yak is barely passing by. He also struggle internationally for Russia thus far. Perhaps it's not a good time to sell low on him.
Dominating Jr hockey not a mans league . As for internationally struggles , yes but he has been covered pretty well by the teams

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:10 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Not a big Yak fan but Glchenyuk hasn't done much with the USA or has Rielly for Canada internationally. Yakupov has 18pts playing in the KHL in 22 games, its not the NHL, but it's a big step over the CHL. Best think again, not much bases to your posting.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 05:35 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
If the Oilers wanted Galchenyuk, they would've drafted him instead of Yak. Comeon bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post

Seriously? The Oilers are adding?
ok, here is my explanation......

i have been a long time member of this forum and i noticed one of the reason some people visit this forum is to find their pleasure in replying to illogical post and correct them.

So in posting something as illogical as Yakupov + for Galchenyuk.
i provide the opportunity to someone to point out how stupid it is because indeed Edmonton could have drafted Galchenyuk instead if they valued him more....i totally agree with that. My hope is you did find a little bit of pleasure in replying it.

ok, maybe i have a weird mentality, but i am a professional poker player, and every time i play, this is common practice for me. Early in a poker session, i like to provide other playera the opportunity to make a successful bluff against me and derive pleasure from it. (in the hope they will bluff a little too much in the future, when i will wait them with good hand).

Also , in real life discussion i often like to setup a joke, hoping someone will take the opportunity to make it.

The parallel between my poker play and my reply about Yakupov is not really exact. But the point is: i like to provide a setting in the hope someone will correct me, its like a question in an exam.

and you passed it.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
ok, here is my explanation......

i have been a long time member of this forum and i noticed one of the reason some people visit this forum is to find their pleasure in replying to illogical post and correct them.

So in posting something as illogical as Yakupov + for Galchenyuk.
i provide the opportunity to someone to point out how stupid it is because indeed Edmonton could have drafted Galchenyuk instead if they valued him more....i totally agree with that. My hope is you did find a little bit of pleasure in replying it.

ok, maybe i have a weird mentality, but i am a professional poker player, and every time i play, this is common practice for me. Early in a poker session, i like to provide other playera the opportunity to make a successful bluff against me and derive pleasure from it. (in the hope they will bluff a little too much in the future, when i will wait them with good hand).

Also , in real life discussion i often like to setup a joke, hoping someone will take the opportunity to make it.

The parallel between my poker play and my reply about Yakupov is not really exact. But the point is: i like to provide a setting in the hope someone will correct me, its like a question in an exam.

and you passed it.
Then go post on a poker forum for crying out loud.

Right now, though, I would NOT trade Galchenyuk for Yakupov straight up, and I have stated all along that even if Montreal had the 1st overall pick I would rather Galchenyuk to Yakupov (yes, I have posted this several times on HFBoards way back before and during the draft). Montreal's biggest need for two decades (at least), has been a big, physical, and talented center. We DO also need a talented LW, and Yakupov is supremely talented, but I prefer Galchenyuk. As such, I do think it would take Yakupov + to pry Galchenyuk out of Montreal. I know Edmonton would not do it, so I am not proposing it, but yes, that is what it would take.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:43 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Grabovski+Liles for Yakupov

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:23 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

vCash: 50
If Edmonton really needs a top dman/franchise dman and are offering Yakupov, then why not just simply draft Ryan Murray? The option was there...

My guess would be that Edmonton was more interested in what Yakupov offered than in shoring up the hole on the blueline.

Hence, even a prospect of Ryan Murray's calibre might not be enough to get Yakupov. If that's the case, any trading partner involved with Edmonton on this is sticking their neck out into the guillotine. This one doesn't end nicely.

Edmonton should sleep in the bed it made. They wanted one of the more dominant top 6 groups in the NHL. They have Eberle, Hall, RNH and Yakupov. They also got Schultz, so let's see if that's enough tinkering before they off and trade one of those offensive centrepieces.

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
Edmonton would be foolish to do that. The value is so far off it is painful. The Habs would happily make a better offer of Plekanec and Weber, if they thought Yakupov could be had for as little as Grabovski and Liles...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 04:55 PM
SDig14

Quote:
I would agree with you if they were playing in the same league. Yakupov is a professional right now and playing well, the other two are simply dominating a league that Yakupov has dominated in the past.

Hopefully Yak turns it up a bit in the WJC, wasn't super impressed with his first game, I will give you that point.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Sensbud
Rookie User

Quote:
A think that's unfair statement. Yakupov was just as dominant or even more dominant last year when he played in the OHL. He's also currently playing against Men this year.

Sensbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:58 AM
rockinghockey

Quote:
this is just terrible, just terrible

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:16 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Grabovski+Liles+JVR for Yakupov

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Ah yes, trade $14 million in salary for a rookie whos on an ELC. Thatll work swell.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:09 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Not a big Yak fan but Glchenyuk hasn't done much with the USA or has Rielly for Canada internationally. Yakupov has 18pts playing in the KHL in 22 games, its not the NHL, but it's a big step over the CHL. Best think again, not much bases to your posting.
Well Rielly just had a three point night.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 01:12 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
So a great second line center, workable top 4/6 d-man and a high potential, former second overall powerforward who's still young. I'd do it from both sides. Kessel and Yakupov could be deadly in the coming years if they're able to nab a first line centre. One of them would have to play on left wing though, unless they wanted two scoring lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Ah yes, trade $14 million in salary for a rookie whos on an ELC. Thatll work swell.
But fills needs for Edmonton, and the contracts should be expiring as the young guns are getting new contracts.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Oates2Neely

Yak looking more Nik Zherdev than Alex Ovechkin right now.. Yikes

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Yak looking more Nik Zherdev than Alex Ovechkin right now.. Yikes
While you're playing on your jump-to-conclusions mat, you should jump to some conclusions regarding Hamilton's disappointing play...

Honestly, I dont understand Russian coaching at all. After following Yakupov's KHL team, it sounds like the russian WJC coach is showing similar problems to Yakupov's KHL coach. The systems dont match the players on the team and it shows.

Im not worried about Yakupov at all, just as Im sure you dont worry about Hamilton.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
While you're playing on your jump-to-conclusions mat, you should jump to some conclusions regarding Hamilton's disappointing play...

Honestly, I dont understand Russian coaching at all. After following Yakupov's KHL team, it sounds like the russian WJC coach is showing similar problems to Yakupov's KHL coach. The systems dont match the players on the team and it shows.

Im not worried about Yakupov at all, just as Im sure you dont worry about Hamilton.
Too small a sample size. Just goes to show you, we ALL like to put our prospectson a pedestal, but they are young and still have tons of maturing. Hamilton will be lucky to play 25% of the Bruins season his rookie year. Yakupov is in a different scenario, he will get top-6 minutes regardless in Edm. Both have been dissapointing in WJC thus far.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Angelus*
Smile Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Both have been dissapointing in WJC thus far.
What aspects of Yakupovs play do you find "disappointing"? I mean what has he done wrong in the games you've actually *watched* him in?

Angelus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
I would agree with you if they were playing in the same league. Yakupov is a professional right now and playing well, the other two are simply dominating a league that Yakupov has dominated in the past.

Hopefully Yak turns it up a bit in the WJC, wasn't super impressed with his first game, I will give you that point.
Crap, I thought Yakupov was playing in the MHL.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote