HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yakupov

Old
10-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
No and No next
I think Schneider would benefit the Oilers more than Yakupov.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 06:44 PM
ponder

I'm sure the Oilers will just keep Yakupov. 1st overall picks are basically never traded early in their career unless they force a trade, Lindros style.

With that being said, in the fantasy land where he'd actually be on the market, I think the offer Couture, Clowe and a 1st is overpayment. Couture is a hell of a player, a 23 year old 2-way centre who just put up back to back 30 goal seasons, the difference between him and Yakupov is not Clowe and a 1st.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
For Yakupov maybe. Edler has 1 year on his contract, the 1st round pick would be in the 25-30 range (hopefully not)

I would start the deal around Kesler since we need a 2 line center
There's only one player on the Oilers who might be able to convince us to give up Kesler, and his initials are 'R', 'N', and 'H'.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Roof Daddy

The SJ deal is certainly intriguing. Always been a fan of Couture. My best crack at a deal...

To EDM: Couture, Clowe, 2nd 2013

To SJ: Yakupov, Eager, 4th 2013

Though in all honesty I'd prefer to see if Yak can fulfill the 50 goal potential some think he possesses.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:02 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
I wouldn't give up much as a Leafs fan. Gardiner is probably all I'd offer, I wouldn't give a huge offer for a scoring winger without an NHL game, when we already have a proven scoring winger.
Yes, teams only need 1 scoring winger (without a center too!)

Oilers would easily reject Yakupov straight up for Gardiner. Would you give us Kessel for Schultz? The Oilers don't need wingers and Schultz fits our needs perfectly, but value is value. I'd do that.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:28 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
How about something like Clowe + Couture (+)?

Clowe-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Couture-Hemsky

Edmonton gets a legit top-6 power foward with a record of protecting young players, he'll stand up for Eberle/RNH if anyone gives them trouble and has enough offensive talent to play with them. Couture is a long-term solution at #2C who's good defensively (and good enough to be #1C if RNH goes down with injury), and who'd be a great fit with Hall and Hemsky. Edmonton has basically two #1 lines, and all of the players are 30 (Clowe and Hemsky) or younger (like really young).

SJ gets a legit young franchise forward to build around.

Dunno what the plus would be.
I'll go fire up the paperwork!

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Deen

vCash: 296
I would honestly ship Kipper and Bouwmeester for him.

Deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:41 PM
topchowda

Prospects like this will never get traded. I honestly think that if he reaches full potential he can put up Stamkos like numbers. All his numbers in the OHL and his current #'s in the KHL can back that up. Extremely hard to reach that potential tho, everything would have to go right.

Oil fans will peg him as having that potential
While other fans will say hes an alright pick, 65 pt potential

I wonder what Stamkos would have been worth as the #1 overall pick before playing in the NHL. If there was an old thread like this thatd be cool to compare

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:43 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
I think some people are confusing "all time low" with "declined" in terms of trade value. The people saying Yakupov's value is at an all time low is because they think his value will do nothing but rise once he plays in the NHL. Right now he's got a grand total of 0points in 0games in his NHL career, that's most certainly unproven.

Anyway, back on topic.
Evgeni Kuznetsov for Yakupov. Kuznetsov can play both center and wing, and has likewise lit up the KHL and scored clutch goals (led the KHL is game winners last season, with 50% more than the 2nd place tie between Tarasenko and Ruzicka). I realize Edmonton may be wary about the "Russian factor," so a deal here in unlikely. But the Caps aren't going to add significant pieces to move between Kuznetsov and Yakupov.

Other idea:
Marcus Johansson + Dmitry Orlov.
I like Orlov but I am not interested in Johansson

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:52 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Yakupov + hemsky
For
Sedin twins

Agh that's a little closey hey?
The problem with the twins is that they are getting on their last leg and Yak is just starting.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:55 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I'm sure the Oilers will just keep Yakupov. 1st overall picks are basically never traded early in their career unless they force a trade, Lindros style.

With that being said, in the fantasy land where he'd actually be on the market, I think the offer Couture, Clowe and a 1st is overpayment. Couture is a hell of a player, a 23 year old 2-way centre who just put up back to back 30 goal seasons, the difference between him and Yakupov is not Clowe and a 1st.
This is not a thread that the Oilers are going to trade Yak because they are not, this is a thread about what do you think your team would give up to get him.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
Ok let's say Yakupov does become a 40-40 player in the future, which is plausible but perhaps unlikely. In what world is have one 40-40 player better than having two 30-30 or 25-25 players, one of whom addresses a major positional need for Edmonton (#2C) and the other addresses a general team weakness (physicality). Yakupov for Couture+Clowe would be a fair deal for both sides, possibly tipped in Edmonton's favour (but that's understandable since it would obviously take an overpayment for them to trade Yakupov)
From watching Yakupov play, Id say 40-40 is a pretty conservative estimate for his offensive production. Honestly, the kid would likely have the best shot in the western conference if the league started games today (at least Im having trouble thinking of a better one). And two 25-25 players << one 40-40 player... that isnt even close. Two 30-30 players is closer, but considering how rare 40-40 players actually are it likely STILL isnt equal value.

Couture + Clowe seems like a decent deal to me. Im really looking forward to watching Yakupov develop though.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 08:08 PM
rockinghockey

I would love to get a player like Couture, he would be the perfect number 2 centreman. Clowe would also add some nice size to the wing.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:00 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Clowe + Couture is a damn sexy package.

Couture is a stud.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:00 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
For Yakupov maybe. Edler has 1 year on his contract, the 1st round pick would be in the 25-30 range (hopefully not)

I would start the deal around Kesler since we need a 2 line center
Yeah except Kesler would easily be the first line center. I think RNH is a great player really like him but I think Kesler bring more to the table overall.

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:22 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
That is crazy talk he is the 1st over all pick and scoring in the KHL better than most stars that are playing in the KHL. Think before you write.
he may be doing well in the KHL but as long as he's not playing in the NHL he is only NHL potential. Think before you write.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:39 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

I don't see the Oilers moving Yakupov unless an untouchable's name is put on the table. He's looked great early in his KHL career and has an insane shot. Reminiscent of an early Ovechkin with his ability to score from beyond the circles with a wrister.

Besides, there is some cache in being able to boast 1st overall picks. Everyone knows that they have a great track record. The Oilers got Schultz in large part because they had three of them close to his age. Holding on to all three is something they can use to lure other FAs to Edmonton. After a new arena deal gets inked and the kids improve as projected, of course.

Right now, Yakupov is worth more to us than just his considerable upside. He'd be hard to pry away.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:50 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
he may be doing well in the KHL but as long as he's not playing in the NHL he is only NHL potential. Think before you write.
I was thinking before I wrote, for anybody to think that Yak's value is not higher from the way he is playing in the KHL as an 18 yr old think about it.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:22 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Yeah except Kesler would easily be the first line center. I think RNH is a great player really like him but I think Kesler bring more to the table overall.
Maybe last year and possibly next year, but going on in the future both his hip issues and RNHs progression will mean RNH will be more valuable (going off what RNH did last year + rookie progression)

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:32 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Davidson and a 4th have no value to the Sharks.

For me, making a trade like LC/RC for Nail would be indicative of a re-tool in SJ. At trade like this would probably also accompany the trade of Thornton and/or Marleau and/or Boyle. So trading a first in that situation would make zero sense.
Fair asessment. And with that being said, they probably wouldn't ship Couture out if they wanted a re-tooling as young stud centres aren't easy to come by in this league. Plus the Shark's don't have the greatest of prospect pool depth (no offense).

Probably not much of a basis for a trade after all.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:38 PM
palindrom

As a Montréal fan, I offer Carey Price, Emelin and Tinordi.

Then reunite Yakupov and Galchenyuk!

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:41 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
When he signed his contract with the NYR, was Redden a NHL proven player, or NHL potential?

What about Jim Carey after winning a Vezina season and 100 NHL GP ?

Yes they was NHL proven, but how much did it matter in the expectation of their future?

Last edited by palindrom: 10-25-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old
10-25-2012, 10:43 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post

As much I love Yakupov, I'd have to think about that one. With Carey Price, I think we'd have a very good shot at the playoffs.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:47 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
As much I love Yakupov, I'd have to think about that one. With Carey Price, I think we'd have a very good shot at the playoffs.
Welcome, i would be happy to make a trade around these player.

But i warn you even with Carey Price, Montreal had one of their worst season in history!

And now he earn 6 500 000$, you need to think about paycut to make room for him.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post

Would you really? That seems steep.

Jack Donaghy is online now   Reply With Quote