HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Josh Gorges

Old
10-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
That happened maybe once, and you try and make it sound like it's game in game out? Okay, try watching the Habs sometimes
if you think Gorges is doing the heavy lifting.
Do NOT take what he says seriously, he has trouble remembering his own sentences after he posts them.

Subban DID have trouble in the 1st half of the year, and was definitely helped by being paired with Gorges. However, Subban steadily improved and he helped Gorges in return.

How anyone can watch Subban play, and/or read about what he has done in this league in TWO seasons, then try to pretend he is not a top line defenceman is asinine. For the uninitiated: Subban was one of only 15 NHL defencemen to get over 30 points, over 100 hits, over 100 blocked shots, play over 24 minutes, AND get used EFFECTIVELY in ALL situations (PP, PK, ES). He plays physically, moves the puck well, is great positionally, and draws more penalties than almost anyone in the league! Now, he is still young, and is in need of some more maturation so that he doesn't take foolish penalties, but defencemen do take a bit longer to develop than others. I am fine with Subban as is, and will be ecstatic if he improves as significantly as I know he will.

To get Gorges would require a painful price from the offering team.

Example:

Duchene + defensive prospect for Gorges and need position prospect for Colorado.

I don't see Colorado doing it, but maybe Avs fans can weigh in to verify what I am saying.

Philly should have offered JvR + a prospect for Gorges rather than Schenn. I wouldn't want Montreal to do it because of JvR's injury history, but that is the type of offer a team would have to make to get Gorges...and it still might not succeed.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spylo View Post
Make it Charlie Coyle + Minnesotas 1st in 2013 and I'll add you Danny Kristo (Minnesota native)
That is the type of offer the Habs would absolutely listen to:

Charlie Coyle and Minny 2013 1st for Gorges and Kristo.

I do not think Minny would do it, though. They prize Coyle (deservedly so!) very highly. However, that is the type of offer it would take to try and get Gorges.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Subban DID have trouble in the 1st half of the year, and was definitely helped by being paired with Gorges. However, Subban steadily improved and he helped Gorges in return.

How anyone can watch Subban play, and/or read about what he has done in this league in TWO seasons, then try to pretend he is not a top line defenceman is asinine. For the uninitiated: Subban was one of only 15 NHL defencemen to get over 30 points, over 100 hits, over 100 blocked shots, play over 24 minutes, AND get used EFFECTIVELY in ALL situations (PP, PK, ES). He plays physically, moves the puck well, is great positionally, and draws more penalties than almost anyone in the league! Now, he is still young, and is in need of some more maturation so that he doesn't take foolish penalties, but defencemen do take a bit longer to develop than others. I am fine with Subban as is, and will be ecstatic if he improves as significantly as I know he will.

To get Gorges would require a painful price from the offering team.

Example:

Duchene + defensive prospect for Gorges and need position prospect for Colorado.

I don't see Colorado doing it, but maybe Avs fans can weigh in to verify what I am saying.

Philly should have offered JvR + a prospect for Gorges rather than Schenn. I wouldn't want Montreal to do it because of JvR's injury history, but that is the type of offer a team would have to make to get Gorges...and it still might not succeed.
100% endorse this post. Don't even bother making an offer for Gorges. I know there is nothing any team out there is going to offer that is even going to come close for me. Just look elsewhere, look to the UFA market, whatever, Gorges is "untouchable".

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:17 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
That happened maybe once, and you try and make it sound like it's game in game out? Okay, try watching the Habs sometimes
if you think Gorges is doing the heavy lifting.
It was quite regular but maybe you should actually pay attention instead of getting starry eyed over subban and his awful shot. Gorges was doing the heavy lifting, pretty obvious to everyone else. Oh wait you have the sidney crosby of teachers agreeing with you, lol.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It was quite regular but maybe you should actually pay attention instead of getting starry eyed over subban and his awful shot. Gorges was doing the heavy lifting, pretty obvious to everyone else. Oh wait you have the sidney crosby of teachers agreeing with you, lol.
Well, you are certainly proving to be a "sharp" marble. Gorges is terrific, nobody is saying otherwise. He also DID help Subban greatly. Nobody is really arguing against that, either. However, if you can not watch Subban and see the steady progress he made throughout the season, getting better and better in the defensive zone to the point where he is our absolute best overall defenceman no matter who he is paired with, the problem lies with you. It is also amusing to see you ignore the entire post detailing why Subban is so valued and good because you have nothing to add to the conversation beyond Subban's shot and an insult most people don't understand. Thanks for the amusement.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Habsrback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Well, you are certainly proving to be a "sharp" marble. Gorges is terrific, nobody is saying otherwise. He also DID help Subban greatly. Nobody is really arguing against that, either. However, if you can not watch Subban and see the steady progress he made throughout the season, getting better and better in the defensive zone to the point where he is our absolute best overall defenceman no matter who he is paired with, the problem lies with you. It is also amusing to see you ignore the entire post detailing why Subban is so valued and good because you have nothing to add to the conversation beyond Subban's shot and an insult most people don't understand. Thanks for the amusement.
Agreed 100%. Enough with the empty comments targeting Subban. As for Gorges, he is the type of player that any championship team needs in their roster mix. The only way I would consider trading him would be in a package for a marquis player or an exceptional prospect.

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:48 PM
capebretoncanadien

I'd say a top ten pick for 2013 would get er done.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:58 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Let's not talk about it. Gorges' price is ridiculous in both extremes sometimes. He's worth a ton to the habs but he's not a guy who cannot be replaced by other teams. There isn't many guys who can do Gorges' job but there is certainly ways to compensate for the lack of a good #3 like him.(Better bottom 3 for instance). For montreal however, he's our #2 so...the price is that of a top pairing d-man and that isn't cheap so I'd rather not even bother because he isn't worth as much as we'd ask for and he isn't worth as little as he'd get.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:33 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
One of gaineys greatest trades, hes a pillar on our blue line.. I doubt other teams would be able or willing to offer what it would take to get him from us

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote