HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Die Hard 5

Old
02-16-2013, 08:29 PM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Obviously not as good as the first 3 but really Bruce is old. I still enjoyed the **** out of this movie. Yes the characters could have been better and more developed but there were some pretty kick ass action sequences I thought and thats what I came for.

kingbrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 08:45 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
Just saw the movie, it's pretty good but way too predictable
Ya I agree, it was fun action movie but predictable at times and a little to unbelievable at others.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Keggatron

Awful.

Keggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:23 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
It was repetitive, bad guys were ridiculously stupid in the fights, the dialogue was way down in quality and campiness, and the action scenes weren't nearly as good, but.... it was decent fun and had a few scenes worth laughing at, so had at least a decent time watching it.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:40 PM
JaysCyYoung

Absolutely terrible and that's being generous. I am a huge fan of the Die Hard films and I'm not sure what I just saw was, but it was certainly not a Die Hard film. Zero character development, uneven exposition, and a random plot that made minimal sense. The action sequences were drawn out and far too long, and relegating John McClane to sidekick status essentially, was unforgivable. They really need to get back to the roots of the series and scale back the scope of the films because they're far too disjointed in the recent entries.

Not even the villains were a redeemable aspect of the current edition and that's a shame because they have traditionally been one of the strengths of the series.

JaysCyYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Could have gone without John saying "I'm on vacation" about seventeen times.

Good movie, not great, though.

In the past month I've watched Parker (Statham), Last Stand (Schwarzenegger), Bullet to the Head (Stallone), and now Die Hard (Willis).

Here's how I'd rank them.

Bullet
Last Stand
Die Hard
Parker

02-22-2013, 06:13 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Just watched it on the internet. It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't that good. The movie felt overly short. They needed another thirty minutes creating a relationship between the Johns and the bad guy(s), they spent more time developing the character of the son than the villain that the plot felt kind of empty. It still had the old die hard make it seem like it's something else but it's really about money thing about it, but you hardly even cared about any of the villains because you knew relatively nothing about them. Even Die Hard 4 had more villain development than this one.

It also seemed like the next step from Die Hard 4. In Die Hard 4 it was tech vs. old school. In this one it's that the new guys are all about planning and getting things perfect while old school John is about intuition, going on his gut, and improvising when things go wrong.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Just watched this...but I wish I hadn't. Man, was it bad. 1/5 or 3/10. Horrible dialogue, not funny moments, villains forgettable. Couple of decent/good action scenes. Visually it looked at times like a straight to DVD movie. Compared to 3 and 4, it's like night and day. It simply didn't feel like a Die Hard movie at all.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 03:43 AM
Auguste Escoffier

I'm on vacation!

I cringed every time.

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote