HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good things about the season being Canceled.

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2005, 01:22 PM
free0717

vCash: 500
Good things about the season being Canceled.

There are some good things about this season being cancelled. Tom Poti and Mike Dunham are gone.

Old
02-11-2005, 01:24 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
There are no playoffs to miss.

Old
02-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
There are no playoffs to miss.

Lol, post of the week.

Old
02-11-2005, 02:04 PM
True Blue

There is no need to tape our favorite TV shows.

Old
02-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
A huge disappointment (no season) leads to less disappointment overall (another Rangers season).

Old
02-11-2005, 02:07 PM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
The Flyers/Devils/Isles didn't win the cup.

Old
02-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Fletch

I have about a thousand reasons...

$$$$...more money for beer and select fried foods...

Old
02-11-2005, 02:26 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

There is nothing good in my book. We lost of year of turning our prospects into NHLers (NHL ready players like Murray...not like Jessiman)

Old
02-11-2005, 02:55 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
$$$$...more money for beer and select fried foods...
Mmmmmmmm.....wings & beer.....

Old
02-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Fletch

Fly..

it's probably best we didn't get to see those prospects. Murray's barely looking like a fourth liner in the AHL; I don't know if I would be ready to see him in 60+ NHL games. The most NHL ready, perhaps Tyutin and Kondratiev, are playing competition that's nearly as good as the NHL, so nothing lost there. Further, if this is the real Balej and Lundmark, it would be very painful watching them. On the flip side, this roster was on its way to a lottery pick, and once again, the Rangers' rebuilding effort have beent thwarted.

Old
02-11-2005, 03:42 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
. Tom Poti and Mike Dunham are gone.
Actually thats what I thought until some one told me if there is no season the contracts of players are on hold, so we will still have Dunham and Poti along with Weekes and who ever else. thats from my understandng. What are you going to do if so they can always be bought out or some how traded, maybe.

Old
02-11-2005, 03:45 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
There is nothing good in my book. We lost of year of turning our prospects into NHLers (NHL ready players like Murray...not like Jessiman)
I strongly agree, besides Murray players like Ortmeyer, Pock , Tyutin, Balej would be ready for real NHL time got to start them some where and now is the time Murray is gonna be a big piece I feel a future leader maybe assistant captain.The kid will be a goodinspiration to young and old. Guy has great energy.

Old
02-11-2005, 03:45 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
Actually thats what I thought until some one told me if there is no season the contracts of players are on hold, so we will still have Dunham and Poti along with Weekes and who ever else. thats from my understandng. What are you going to do if so they can always be bought out or some how traded, maybe.
I think Bettman said that the contracts do count for this missed season. So we wouldnt have Poti and Dunny.

Old
02-11-2005, 03:55 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
I think Bettman said that the contracts do count for this missed season.
I do not see how Bettman can make that claim. The players have a binding contract. There is no employment at will. He could have a case if the players were on strike, but they are locked out by the owners. The same owners that signed a binding contract. No one forced the owners to lock the players out. It's not that easy to get out of them. That is why folding a franchise is not quite so easy. If a franchise declares bankruptcy, they are still liable for the contracts that they sign. Just depends on what order the creditors line up in. But that is another topic. Anyway, no, it is not quite so easy to get rid of existing contracts.

Old
02-11-2005, 04:55 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I do not see how Bettman can make that claim. The players have a binding contract. There is no employment at will. He could have a case if the players were on strike, but they are locked out by the owners. The same owners that signed a binding contract. No one forced the owners to lock the players out. It's not that easy to get out of them. That is why folding a franchise is not quite so easy. If a franchise declares bankruptcy, they are still liable for the contracts that they sign. Just depends on what order the creditors line up in. But that is another topic. Anyway, no, it is not quite so easy to get rid of existing contracts.
This will probably end up being another bone of contention once the PA and the league actually get past the first hurdle of getting an agreement . . .

Back to the original topic of the thread: I won't have to hear "another hockey game!?" from my roommate every time I want to sit down and watch a game.

Old
02-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
I believe player contracts run to certain dates. A player doesn't sign a contract for "3 NHL Seasons," he signs a contract for "August 1, 2003 through June 30, 2006" or the like. They'd have to argue that a number of seasons is implicit in the agreement, but that would be a sticky one if it ever goes to court.

Old
02-11-2005, 08:47 PM
DarthSather99

We have another year of development for our young prospects and didn't have to mess with their heads with calling them up then dropping them, calling them up again then dropping them ...

Old
02-11-2005, 11:27 PM
free0717

Quote:
Don Maloney said on Future Blue all contracts are running. From what I have heard all player contracts have a start date and end date. The Yashin contract was a suprise that he lost the arbitration and owed the Senators one more year.

Old
02-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
Don Maloney said on Future Blue all contracts are running. From what I have heard all player contracts have a start date and end date. The Yashin contract was a suprise that he lost the arbitration and owed the Senators one more year.
The Yashin outcome may have been a "suprise" but a precedent was set. In any case, this is another problem that will either be settled by a new collective bargaining agreement or through the courts. Yet another hurdle to overcome before there is an agreement.

Closed Thread