HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Providence Bruins (vs) Springfield Falcons; 7:05 at the DDC Providence ; (10-26-12)

Old
10-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher911 View Post
Lol, play-by-play is discussion? Are boxscores heated back-and-forth debates to you?

So, your reaction to me whining about the game was to whine about me? How about you do something crazy and, I don't know, show me where I'm wrong? At least I'm talking about the team.

Next time they suck I'll post "Shot on goal. Happy children in the stands" instead. Better?

Oh, forgot the obligatory end-of-post emoticon for emphasis.
"Whitfield sucks" is talking about the team? OK, fine.

If you're going to "discuss" the game in the game thread, tell people what's going on. That's what a "discussion" is. Hope that helps.

If people prefer your approach, I'll refrain from providing updates when I'm at games. It's a lot easier not to, that's for sure.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 09:35 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

If you're going to "discuss" the game in the game thread, tell people what's going on. That's what a "discussion" is. Hope that helps.

If people prefer your approach, I'll refrain from providing updates when I'm at games. It's a lot easier not to, that's for sure.
I actually enjoy both... I really enjoyed your in game action....I also like to hear the team called out when they don't seem to give it their all..

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I actually enjoy both... I really enjoyed your in game action....I also like to hear the team called out when they don't seem to give it their all..
To that point, wouldn't you say that something like "Whitfield made an awful pass, missing a wide-open Spooner!" is more interesting/enlightening than "Whitfield sucks!"?

Old
10-26-2012, 09:44 PM
slasher911

Quote:

I'm not going to waste my time describing the entire situation for people who aren't even bothering to watch the game, especially while it's still being played. That's why in your "discussion" threads, it's 85% you talking to yourself.

If you had responded with "No, Trent Whitfield doesn't suck because...", then that would be fine. You would be wrong, but that would be fine.

Do whatever you want, I'm not the one complaining about how you choose to post.

slasher911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
I'm not going to waste my time describing the entire situation for people who aren't even bothering to watch the game, especially while it's still being played. That's why in your "discussion" threads, it's 85% you talking to yourself.

If you had responded with "No, Trent Whitfield doesn't suck because...", then that would be fine. You would be wrong, but that would be fine.

Do whatever you want, I'm not the one complaining about how you choose to post.
He hath spoken.

I won't bother from now on. Thanks.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Montecristo

Any stand out performances? Obviously the team played but any bright spots?

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:43 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Providence is tedious to watch. Lifeless, by-the-numbers, boring team.
Kind of like your routine.

I don't mind posters calling a team out when they are not playing well, but at least give us a little bit of substance, something a bit beefier than Whitfield sucks. At least tell us why you think he sucks, or potential solutions for the lackadaisacal play, instead of the same ole, same ole. If you are not capable of at least some basic analysis, why bother.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:08 AM
roflstomper
I don't row.

A few things:

-Theres honestly no better fill in than Ryan Button?? This kids a joke. Makes an awful turnover in his zone directly leading to a goal, glides backwards allowing SPR to move the puck uncontested, then goes after some other kids head for a selfish roughing call.

-The PP is still really bad, Bourque plays the full 2 min on the backend and cant get anything going, this aint Hershey bro, talent on this team is lacking. Only pressure they got was 5 on 3 and even then it took a min and a half.

-Svedberg attacks some dude standing by his crease for no reason, leads to a scrum.

-LOLed at Whitfields faceoff violation penalty.

-Cassidy actually had the audacity to have a Button-Trotman pairing (it didnt last long).

This team has so much to work on. I feel they can get better but this win one lose one will likely continue for a few more months like it always does.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 12:35 AM
slasher911

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Kind of like your routine.

I don't mind posters calling a team out when they are not playing well, but at least give us a little bit of substance, something a bit beefier than Whitfield sucks. At least tell us why you think he sucks, or potential solutions for the lackadaisacal play, instead of the same ole, same ole. If you are not capable of at least some basic analysis, why bother.
It was the middle of the game. Forgive me for not wanting to miss it to write a full-depth analysis on Trent Whitfield that no one will read.

Had someone said "Why do you think Trent Whitfield sucks?", or "Why are you so negative five games into the season?", then I would've happily discussed it.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:17 AM
slasher911

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
A few things:

-Theres honestly no better fill in than Ryan Button?? This kids a joke. Makes an awful turnover in his zone directly leading to a goal, glides backwards allowing SPR to move the puck uncontested, then goes after some other kids head for a selfish roughing call.

-The PP is still really bad, Bourque plays the full 2 min on the backend and cant get anything going, this aint Hershey bro, talent on this team is lacking. Only pressure they got was 5 on 3 and even then it took a min and a half.

-Svedberg attacks some dude standing by his crease for no reason, leads to a scrum.

-LOLed at Whitfields faceoff violation penalty.

-Cassidy actually had the audacity to have a Button-Trotman pairing (it didnt last long).

This team has so much to work on. I feel they can get better but this win one lose one will likely continue for a few more months like it always does.
The 5-on-3 wasn't bad, McElhinney robbed them on two good passes across the crease that could've easily been goals. Their 5-on-4 is horrible, though.

Chris Bourque is hot garbage, too. How many random slap shots did he take from almost the blue line? He's afraid to get close to the net. It's like he doesn't want to get hit, and it's irritating.

Warsofsky is starting to surprise me, and not in a good way. He makes some terrible decisions with the puck. He either holds onto it for hours, or just throws it into the opposing player in front of him. Him and Caron have some terrible inconsistency so far.

I don't know why they have Christian Hanson.

It was nice to see MacDermid end his disappearing act. Robins and Exelby were the only guys with any energy until his fight.

The brightest spot on the team (aside from Spooner) is Svedberg. He's a HUGE improvement over Hutchinson.

Old
10-27-2012, 06:24 AM
ODAAT

so, when all is said and done, nobody on this thread even mentioned the score for anyone who may have been seeking it????

I`ll look elsewhere I suppose, say what ya will about Artemis slasher, one thing she cannot be accused of is, whether I or we agree with her points, she provides information/points of view to back up her pts that are stronger than _________ player sucks

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 07:08 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Went to the game with 5 fellow Boston season ticket holders and atleast one regular Hfer. Pretty good game for AHL- very feisty and the Springfield goalie was fantastic. Providence had a strong first period and easily could have been up 2-0. Caron had a super first period and on the 5 on 3 hit the post/cross bar and got robbed several times. I'm really liking what I been seeing of Jordan Caron this year.

This was the best Bourque looked but he is strugg-a-ling overall and certainly misses Mink and Aucion (as the previous poster said this aint a veteran Hershey team). Sauve continued to impress me; and I have to give it to Kyle Woodlief on this one- Spooner did look alot like David Krejci last night. I've seen Spooner quite a bit but last night I paid extra attention and I could see alot of DK offensively in him. I think Spooner is a better skater and obviously DK is polished and has world class skills.

Krug impressed me and I can see him going to Boston's camp and being with the parent club if they ever get back. Kevin Miller had a couple of great one on one wins on open ice. Lane McDonald was super aggressive and I liked what I saw. Cody Bass though was the story- they hated this guy, and he was a major dick (in a good interesting way) all night. He skates pretty well also. The Falcons are loaded though overall with atleast 7 guys I counted will be in Columbus. That said, this was not a 3-0 game and not one person I went with thought that- and I know most of us limited the beer consumption atleast during the game.

Last edited by DKH: 10-27-2012 at 07:21 AM.
DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 07:48 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Went to the game with 5 fellow Boston season ticket holders and atleast one regular Hfer. Pretty good game for AHL- very feisty and the Springfield goalie was fantastic. Providence had a strong first period and easily could have been up 2-0. Caron had a super first period and on the 5 on 3 hit the post/cross bar and got robbed several times. I'm really liking what I been seeing of Jordan Caron this year.

This was the best Bourque looked but he is strugg-a-ling overall and certainly misses Mink and Aucion (as the previous poster said this aint a veteran Hershey team). Sauve continued to impress me; and I have to give it to Kyle Woodlief on this one- Spooner did look alot like David Krejci last night. I've seen Spooner quite a bit but last night I paid extra attention and I could see alot of DK offensively in him. I think Spooner is a better skater and obviously DK is polished and has world class skills.

Krug impressed me and I can see him going to Boston's camp and being with the parent club if they ever get back. Kevin Miller had a couple of great one on one wins on open ice. Lane McDonald was super aggressive and I liked what I saw. Cody Bass though was the story- they hated this guy, and he was a major dick (in a good interesting way) all night. He skates pretty well also. The Falcons are loaded though overall with atleast 7 guys I counted will be in Columbus. That said, this was not a 3-0 game and not one person I went with thought that- and I know most of us limited the beer consumption atleast during the game.
THIS.....is a nice analysis, thank you

So, based on 5 games at least, maybe Chris Bourque isn`t the shoe-in/major challenger for that 13th spot with the big club once/if they ever get going again as some had him pegged for when signed??

Great to hear about JC, as you probably know, been a major Caron guy, the kind of player I loved to coach when I was coaching, simple, straight forward game, coachable etc..

Old
10-27-2012, 08:04 AM
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
so, when all is said and done, nobody on this thread even mentioned the score for anyone who may have been seeking it????

I`ll look elsewhere I suppose, say what ya will about Artemis slasher, one thing she cannot be accused of is, whether I or we agree with her points, she provides information/points of view to back up her pts that are stronger than _________ player sucks
I was doing it but then got called away by the wife.

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 08:09 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
I was doing it but then got called away by the wife.
No need for explanation......I have one too, know all too well

Old
10-27-2012, 01:47 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
A few things:

Are you kidding? There are 5 Bruins more responsible for this goal than Button. The only time Button touches the puck on this shift is when he helps out Miller who was getting beat up the middle.

It's Miller (on the near side) who makes the giveaway but and forward line of Spooner-Sauve-Tardif is a catastrope of bad passes, blown coverage and giveaways as well.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2012, 05:50 PM
WBC8

Quote:
To that point, wouldn't you say that something like "Whitfield made an awful pass, missing a wide-open Spooner!" is more interesting/enlightening than "Whitfield sucks!"?
Agreed....really enjoyed your play by play the other night...

Old
10-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Agreed....really enjoyed your play by play the other night...
Thank you. I certainly wasn't doing it for my own edification.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:34 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Thank you. I certainly wasn't doing it for my own edification.
You're welcome!

I don't live near any AHL (Well Bridgeport is 90min away) and don't have the feed so I appreciate it..

Old
10-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
lol, play-by-play is discussion? Are boxscores heated back-and-forth debates to you?

So, your reaction to me whining about the game was to whine about me? How about you do something crazy and, i don't know, show me where i'm wrong? At least i'm talking about the team.

Next time they suck i'll post "shot on goal. Happy children in the stands" instead. Better?

Oh, forgot the obligatory end-of-post emoticon for emphasis.
p.o.t.y.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 07:20 AM
Dr Quincy

Jonathan Audy Marchessault is going to be a player in the NHL. Undrafted, too short, but the kid can play. That Springfield team has a nice collection of tiny guys: Calvert, Atkinsson, JAM... plus a nice d corps with Savard and Erixon.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote