HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LD Noah Hanifin (2015, 5th, CAR) II

Old
06-20-2015, 10:38 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
LD Noah Hanifin (2015, 5th, CAR) II

Continue.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2015, 01:29 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 666
Awards:
Link to previous thread and four profiles to reboot the Hanifin thread:

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Kyle92
#TeamLitten

vCash: 50
Hope the Leafs get a chance at him. I'm of the opinion he's undeniably the 3rd best prospect in this draft, in his own tier so to speak.

McDavid/Eichel

Hanifin

Marner/Strome/Barzal/Provorov

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundinisagod
We need Hanifin more than Marner.

Phaneuf I don't expect will be around much longer, that leaves Rielly as the only top pairing d in our organization, and Hanifin brings that elite defensive potential that we need.

Is he eligible to play in the AHL next season?
I thought Hanifin had said he had committed to Boston College for the 2015-16 season? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

Kyle92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2015, 09:18 PM
Mark Kandy
Habcoolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanifin View Post
Hope the Leafs get a chance at him. I'm of the opinion he's undeniably the 3rd best prospect in this draft, in his own tier so to speak.

McDavid/Eichel

Hanifin

Marner/Strome/Barzal/Provorov

I thought Hanifin had said he had committed to Boston College for the 2015-16 season? I think I remember reading that somewhere.
My tiers are identical to yours. And when I hear people say "Barzal doesn't belong in the top 10", I'm like... maaaaaaaaaan have you seen him play?

And if you have any news on Hanifin committed to Boston College for next year, I'd like to know, if you find the article or if any other site is talking about this! Thanks!

Mark Kandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Territory

Man it must be hard for Leafs and Yotes management to pick between Hanifin/Stome/Marner.

Carolina has it easy and will just get who is left.

Territory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2015, 10:26 PM
Mark Kandy
Habcoolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Man it must be hard for Leafs and Yotes management to pick between Hanifin/Stome/Marner.

If I was the Yotes, would be an easy pick to me.

I mean, if you go with the "BPA strategy", to me it's Hanifin. If you go with the "needs strategy", to me it's still Hanifin.

They have OEL who's a clear #1 and then, well... Stone, Gormley, Murphy, it is not exactly what I'd call a good depth on the blue line.

But they have Max Domi, Anthony Duclair, Brendan Perlini, Tobias Rieder, Christian Dvorak, Henrik Samuelsson, Lucas Lessio and Laurent Dauphin as good forward prospects. Plus Hanzal, Boedkker, and a couple others of established forward.

If I was Maloney, would be an easy pick, and I'll be proud to select, from Boston College, Noah Hanifin.

Old
06-20-2015, 11:21 PM
zg628
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kandy View Post
If I was the Yotes, would be an easy pick to me.

I mean, if you go with the "BPA strategy", to me it's Hanifin. If you go with the "needs strategy", to me it's still Hanifin.

They have OEL who's a clear #1 and then, well... Stone, Gormley, Murphy, it is not exactly what I'd call a good depth on the blue line.

But they have Max Domi, Anthony Duclair, Brendan Perlini, Tobias Rieder, Christian Dvorak, Henrik Samuelsson, Lucas Lessio and Laurent Dauphin as good forward prospects. Plus Hanzal, Boedkker, and a couple others of established forward.

If I was Maloney, would be an easy pick, and I'll be proud to select, from Boston College, Noah Hanifin.
There's also Dahlbeck and John Moore (who's only 24). Tippett has made chicken salad out of chicken you-know-what with his defensemen in the past (think 2012). It's what he does best. That team just can't score. Domi-Strome-Duclair could be the West's version of the Triplets. Of course the Leafs want Strome badly and could be willing to give Kadri or JVR for the right to move up one spot. That's honestly what I see happening, with Hanifin going #4

zg628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2015, 11:32 PM
Mark Kandy
Habcoolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zg628 View Post
There's also Dahlbeck and John Moore (who's only 24). Tippett has made chicken salad out of chicken you-know-what with his defensemen in the past (think 2012). It's what he does best. That team just can't score. Domi-Strome-Duclair could be the West's version of the Triplets. Of course the Leafs want Strome badly and could be willing to give Kadri or JVR for the right to move up one spot. That's honestly what I see happening, with Hanifin going #4
John Moore... already been traded two times at 24 years old... he is and will be a NHLer but you're not building around him! And Dahlbeck is not bad but still, isn't a big deal at all!

Old
06-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Hero
Buffy is Back

Right now I'd much much rather have Hanifin than Marner.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2015, 11:55 PM
91Kadri91*

Quote:

You can't be serious...

91Kadri91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2015, 01:12 PM
Sundinisagod
redemption

Quote:
So you think the Leafs are gonna give up a JVR or Kadri to move up one spot and draft the lower (consensus) ranked player? Taking bets on that?

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2015, 06:15 PM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

Has there ever been a trade in the history of the draft to move up ONE spot? If the team you're dealing with wants the same player, you have to seriously overpay. If they don't, you don't have to make a trade.

No one would do this.

SlapJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2015, 06:29 PM
johnnyutah

Did you just say the leafs might trade jvr to move up one spot to draft Dylan strome? Is it just me or is that lunacy?

johnnyutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2015, 07:57 PM
ZugNugget

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapJack View Post
Has there ever been a trade in the history of the draft to move up ONE spot? If the team you're dealing with wants the same player, you have to seriously overpay. If they don't, you don't have to make a trade.

No one would do this.
Tyler Myers/Colten Teubert.

ZugNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Magic Mitch
Auston 2:16

vCash: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post

Actually, I've heard that if Marner is left at 5, the Canes would pass on him, because they're looking for 'size'. Very idiotic thing imo.

Magic Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2015, 08:17 PM
Big Daddy Cane
#UndoNewStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainLupul View Post
Actually, I've heard that if Marner is left at 5, the Canes would pass on him, because they're looking for 'size'. Very idiotic thing imo.
Out of curiosity, where did you hear that?

Big Daddy Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2015, 08:58 PM
SlapJack
Scum bag Sens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugNugget View Post
Tyler Myers/Colten Teubert.
I had to double check to make sure that was true. It is and shows why you should not do this as the team with the higher pick. LA basically got Teubert and a 3rd for passing on Myers. Kinda embarrassing...

SlapJack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2015, 02:50 AM
Backhandshelf81

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah View Post
Did you just say the leafs might trade jvr to move up one spot to draft Dylan strome? Is it just me or is that lunacy?
HFBoards lunacy.

Product of a closed environment where the value of draft picks is hyperinflated.

Backhandshelf81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2015, 03:00 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapJack View Post
I had to double check to make sure that was true. It is and shows why you should not do this as the team with the higher pick. LA basically got Teubert and a 3rd for passing on Myers. Kinda embarrassing...
Actually, the truth is even more embarrassing.

The Kings and Sabres were talking about swapping the 12th and 13th picks. Both teams had to write what player they wanted in order for LA to make the trade (in which case they get the third round pick).

When the Sabres wrote down Myers, LA agreed to do the trade, because LA wanted Teubert over Myers.

So, it wasn't exactly as your original question, since it wasn't a case of both teams wanting the same player. But it is an instance in which a team added a pick to move up one spot.

I'm just more embarrassed the Kings valued Teubert over Myers (and, of course, Karlsson also got picked just a couple spots later. To think the Kings could have left the draft with Doughty, Karlsson, and Voynov within the first 32 picks!)

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2015, 07:35 AM
Terrier

From yesterday's Boston Herald.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...ion_for_hockey

Terrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2015, 07:40 AM
dballislife2

could be top 10 dman in nhl in 5 years or so

dballislife2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Swervin81
Content Leaf fan

I really hope the Leafs pick him, especially if Marner is off the board. If Hanifin is available, I run to the podium, announce my selection of him, and strut and shimmy back to the draft table.

Swervin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2015, 12:00 PM
Nazemlupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
I really hope the Leafs pick him, especially if Marner is off the board. If Hanifin is available, I run to the podium, announce my selection of him, and strut and shimmy back to the draft table.
Both are gonna be on the board. What do you do then? Kinda wish we had the 5th pick so we aren't the ones who gotta pick between Marner Hanifin

Nazemlupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Swag Surf Aho
Find Your Own Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazemlupul View Post
Both are gonna be on the board. What do you do then? Kinda wish we had the 5th pick so we aren't the ones who gotta pick between Marner Hanifin
If that's how you feel, trade back 1 spot and receive an additional Canes 3rd

I'll just go ahead and say it, you would end up with Marner anyways.

Swag Surf Aho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2015, 03:13 PM
Swervin81
Content Leaf fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazemlupul View Post
Now there's a tough one. We really need everything. I'd be elated with either one, really. At this point, I see both guys as franchise level.

Hanifin/Marner
Strome
Provorov

Rantanen

Barzal

Brett Lebda
Crouse

Current GOAT Quote
Daisy Jane (re: Mitch Marner's chances of getting crushed by Dion): "but Marner isn't Phaneuf's team mate anymore.... why would Marner be in danger of being hit? I'd be more concerned about Lazar or Stone to be honest."
Swervin81 is offline   Reply With Quote