HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Mutant League Hockey

Old
10-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Mutant League Hockey

I remember playing this game growing up. Man, EA was at its peak around the early to mid 90's. This game was absolutely fantastic. It was such a simple recipe... putting together hockey and killing machines, and it worked majestically. I never talked to anyone that didn't like this game, but not many people seem to talk about it either, so I'm not sure if it was more of a cult classic or a true hit.

Anyways, why was this game never re-made on newer generation consoles, will it ever be re-made on new gen consoles, and do you think society would stand for it these days?

what do you think?

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I remember playing this game growing up. Man, EA was at its peak around the early to mid 90's. This game was absolutely fantastic. It was such a simple recipe... putting together hockey and killing machines, and it worked majestically

Anyways, why was this game never re-made on newer generation consoles, will it ever be re-made on new gen consoles, and do you think society would stand for it these days?

what do you think?
Unfortunately, no, that game was marketed toward children and the ESRB put the kibosh on originality for childrens games (with the exception of the Katamari series).

Concordski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
Unfortunately, no, that game was marketed toward children and the ESRB put the kibosh on originality for childrens games (with the exception of the Katamari series).
Can't they just put an age restrictive rating on it, like they do with movies?

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Gooch

Mutant League Football was also awesome. I have to agree, EA back then really did put out quality. It's really amazing how I used to buy games based on seeing the EA logo back then and now I avoid games when I see the logo now.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Ozz

Good lord were those games fun. Where else can you win a sports game because you killed enough of the other team that they had to forfeit?

Hockey with chainsaws wasn't a bad idea, either!

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote