HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXIV - November Rain

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Let the fans mediate.
I could mediate. 50-50 split, and whatever HRR over $2.5 billionis to be given back to the fans in the form of a reduction in seat prices.

Say the average arena packs 15k, over a standard 1230 game season and revenue is $3 billion. The extra 500 million goes back to the fans in 2013-14 as such.

500 million / (1230*15000) = $27 reduction in ticket prices per seat per game.

That would teach them a ****ing lesson

Last edited by Ilkka Pikachu: 11-17-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old
11-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
From Adrian Dater

Quote:
Bill Daly said...
That communications between the league and players has resumed. Though that does not mean formal ones at a bargaining table, I believe that will happen soon, hopefully early next week.
So looks like that 2 week thing was just hot air

Last edited by Scottyk9: 11-17-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old
11-17-2012, 01:09 PM
sbresistor

I'll admit it, I miss the NHL

let's get this done

Old
11-17-2012, 01:12 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

When negotiations are just between Daly and S. Fehr they go okay, it's when everyone else DOES get in a room that the problems start.

Old
11-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Honestly it's as if things go sour every time Jacobs is in the room.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Jacobs sucks worse than that ass in Minnesota. He was screaming for the lockout before September 15th. At the same time he was signing Milan Lucic to some BS extension for about a million or more than he should be getting, and not to mention he isn't eligible for UFA for at least a few more years. Also the STUPID Seguin contract too that same week. People said Hudler was overpaid for getting $4 million a year from Calgary on the UFA market with a very thin forward crop behind Parise, and Semin.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
I could mediate. 50-50 split, and whatever HRR over $2.5 billionis to be given back to the fans in the form of a reduction in seat prices.

Say the average arena packs 15k, over a standard 1230 game season and revenue is $3 billion. The extra 500 million goes back to the fans in 2013-14 as such.

500 million / (1230*15000) = $27 reduction in ticket prices per seat per game.

That would teach them a ****ing lesson.
The lesson being that having fan mediators is a terrible idea?

Old
11-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Jacobs sucks, and if the other owners were consistent they would call him out too cause he's a hypocrite. He needs to be in the meeting as much as Toews, and other big mouths on the players side.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:30 PM
goalvalchuk17

negotiations monday. i have a good feeling about them not sure why. i feel like owners/players are starting to pressure fehr/bettman to get a deal done but idk.

Old
11-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
The lesson being that having fan mediators is a terrible idea?
I'm actually struggling to respond to this. Look, the point I tried to get across here is that the solution to this entire cluster**** is painfully obvious to everyone, and I'm guessing that this could have been avoided if I had put a sarcasm icon somewhere in that post.

To be fair though, they better do something more for the fans than that retarded "Thank you fans" painted on the ice the last time round.

Old
11-17-2012, 06:13 PM
goalvalchuk17

Quote:
I'm actually struggling to respond to this. Look, the point I tried to get across here is that the solution to this entire cluster**** is painfully obvious to everyone, and I'm guessing that this could have been avoided if I had put a sarcasm icon somewhere in that post.

To be fair though, they better do something more for the fans than that retarded "Thank you fans" painted on the ice the last time round.
Don't hold your breath. We know how they think of the fans. They can do whatever they want for us it's not gonna change my opinion of them since they think we're doormats.

Old
11-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalchukparise179 View Post
Don't hold your breath. We know how they think of the fans. They can do whatever they want for us it's not gonna change my opinion of them since they think we're doormats.
A man can dream. Obviously ticket prices would soar ever higher, but free gamecenter live until the postseason would be nice

Old
11-17-2012, 07:04 PM
goalvalchuk17

Quote:
A man can dream. Obviously ticket prices would soar ever higher, but free gamecenter live until the postseason would be nice
Sounds good to me but doubt it. Ticket prices will probably be laughable unfortunately.

Old
11-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

free gamecenter would be the absolute best for me, I would actually buy it next season if they did that

but hey, at this point I'd settle for the end of the lockout

Old
11-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Daly said the NHLPA requested the meetings. The ball is in the NHLPA's court now...if they show up with the same proposals/idea's that they have been presenting for the past 3 months it will be a waste of everyones time.

Old
11-17-2012, 08:01 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

So Buttman asked for a two week hold on meetings. YOUR PISSING ME OFF YOU SLIM BUCKET

Old
11-17-2012, 08:03 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
They will raise them to pay for their stupidity Again we get ****ed

Old
11-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
They will raise them to pay for their stupidity Again we get ****ed
inb4 the season is only 50 games and they charge $250 for gamecenter live

Old
11-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:

No worries.. I'm as frustrated as anyone so I apologize for taking it out on you via sarcasm.. I will say that the neither side is putting up a big fight (and losing at least some money) all so that they can give up some more money to the fans.. They'll just blame the other side for the lockout and tell you to go to them for your reparations

Old
11-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Honestly it's as if things go sour every time Jacobs is in the room.
I'm almost positive that it's just a group of 5-6 owners holding the rest of them hostage. Most of them want to start the season already.

Old
11-18-2012, 12:58 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I'm almost positive that it's just a group of 5-6 owners holding the rest of them hostage. Most of them want to start the season already.
See, the thing is that in a vote, Bettman only needs 7 of them since Phoenix's vote belongs to the league anyway, and this would probably be a franchise that would very strongly oppose the lockout going any further.

Absolute BS.

Old
11-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Thunderfest
The Wumpus

The fact that we're hurtling towards a second locked out season in seven years is a truly baffling level of arrogance and incompetence.

Whenever this CBA gets signed, it should have a rule that all labor disputes will be resolved by a 3rd-party arbitrator during the offseason. No more lockouts. Ever.

Professional hockey in North America just doesn't have the traction to mess with the fans like this. It's a fringe major sport as-is. There are a ton of entertainment options available to Americans. We tend to like the ones that are actually happening.

I miss Kovy. It sucks that he's ripping it up right now, but not for us. We're missing a year of prime Kovy. We're missing twilight Brodeur. Larsson, Henrique, and Josefson are all on hold in their exciting emerging careers. We're missing the long-awaited Devils debut of KRYS BARCH. (We're not missing Janssen. The lockout has not affected his ice time.)

This sucks.

Last edited by Thunderfest: 11-18-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old
11-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfest View Post
The fact that we're hurtling towards a second locked out season in seven years is a truly baffling level of arrogance and incompetence.

Whenever this CBA gets signed, it should have a rule that all labor disputes will be resolved by a 3rd-party arbitrator during the offseason. No more lockouts. Ever.

Professional hockey in North America just doesn't have the traction to mess with the fans like this. It's a fringe major sport as-is. There are a ton of entertainment options available to Americans. We tend to like the ones that are actually happening.

I miss Kovy. It sucks that he's ripping it up right now, but not for us. We're missing a year of prime Kovy. We're missing twilight Brodeur. Larsson, Henrique, and Josefson are all on hold in their exciting emerging careers. We're missing the long-awaited Devils debut of KRYS BARCH. (We're not missing Janssen. The lockout has not affected his ice time.)

This sucks.
I lol'd

Old
11-18-2012, 09:52 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalchukparise179 View Post
Are we not? Didn't the last lockout return see near record or record attendance soon thereafter, despite people making very similar comments of anger and disappointment? That's how I remember it anyway.

I suppose this time time could be different though. I'm only N=1, but I genuinely dont even give a ratz azz whether there's an NHL season or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfest View Post
Good luck getting any Union to agree to that. Strikes are their #1 bargaining mafia tactic. A bakers Union for Hostess went on strike even though they were told if they didnt end the strike the entire company would go out of business, and with it ~19,000 lost Union and Non-Union jobs in the middle of a recession with an environment of approximately 12% unemployment, and they STILL did it = mind blown.

Old
11-18-2012, 09:54 AM
apice3*

Once the Classic was canceled, I lost all hope of their being a season. They have until Thursday before games are canceled through December 15 and I don't know how much they can get done since they haven't talked in a week and are already far apart.

Food for thought: If they started negotiating the week after the Cup Finals, they'd be in their current position before September. Figure they've been negotiating two months so far, 2 months after the Finals would be late August. They'd still have plenty of time.

They started negotiations way too late and the season is going to be lost because of it.

Closed Thread