HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXIV - November Rain

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 10:40 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalchukparise179 View Post
theres been at least 2 or 3 times where i thought the lockout was pretty much over. if they are really 182 million dollars apart, there's no way even bettman himself will want to lose the season. the numbers don't make sense. only reason they aren't caving is because they are greedy and want the best deal they can and know that as time passes the players will give them a better deal to play hockey. its predictable imo.
The 182 million figure is the biggest red herring of all. That only represents how far they're apart on Make Whole, it doesn't take into account the gulf of difference financially in the HRR split (players wanting a de-linked cap that would wind up going way above 50-50, owners wanting an immediate 50-50) and contracting issues that the sides are also much, much farther apart on.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:54 PM
goalvalchuk17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
The 182 million figure is the biggest red herring of all. That only represents how far they're apart on Make Whole, it doesn't take into account the gulf of difference financially in the HRR split (players wanting a de-linked cap that would wind up going way above 50-50, owners wanting an immediate 50-50) and contracting issues that the sides are also much, much farther apart on.
Good point but my point is they really aren't as far as you'd think they are. If they had one successful 15 hour meeting like the nba they could knock it out. But they won't.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

If they were in a room for 15 hours I'd expect some BS to go down. Besides they did go 7 hours, and met for 20+ hours over a few days two weeks ago. Not including Daly, and Steve Fehr's marathon the weekend before.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:05 AM
goalvalchuk17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
If they were in a room for 15 hours I'd expect some BS to go down. Besides they did go 7 hours, and met for 20+ hours over a few days two weeks ago. Not including Daly, and Steve Fehr's marathon the weekend before.
well they'd have to meet after a little progress at least, meeting for so long after a down point is dangerous.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalchukparise179 View Post
well they'd have to meet after a little progress at least, meeting for so long after a down point is dangerous.
I'm still thinking Jacobs, and Leipold, and maybe a couple others are holding out on the owners side.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
We’ve put a lot of great proposals out there,” Greene said. “We’re trying to get back on the ice. You hear both sides say, ‘We need a negotiating partner,’ but there are different tactics being used. You have to stay optimistic about it and hope it gets settled.”

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...medium=twitter
This seems like a fairly sensible take on it. At least he didn't give in to talking about any of the wild threats against Bettman's health and safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirheadPete View Post
I've been optimistic throughout the whole process but ever since Wednesday for the first time I think there is a better chance of the entire season getting cancelled as opposed to this being settled soon for a shortened one.
I'm starting to lean that way too.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:56 AM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

I can't stand Bettman. He's slimy, and just a very unlikeable guy. Though I wanna see some fingers pointed at owners like Jacobs, and Leipold. The idiot who paid two guys $10 million a piece this season, even if it was to sit around, and do nothing but complain about him. Albeit very subtly.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:08 AM
MadDevil

It's to the point where I really don't care anymore, and that saddens me. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be watching Devils games and arguing over how much ice time Kovy is getting, or complaining about the seemingly always anemic PP, but I'm not missing it as much as I thought I would. I don't know if it's because I know what to expect, or if I'm just tired of this ********. All the joy of this last summer's playoff run has been sucked out of me. I'm not going to lie and say I won't be back, because I know damn well I will be, but I'm not sure how excited I'm going to be over it.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:16 AM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

I'd love to be complaining about Marty's softies right now! Anyone at the game tomorrow in Atlantic City will have a chance!

By the way I just went back, and read the ''Devils need to seriously consider sitting Brodeur'' thread tonight, and laughed my ass off. Not as good as the Kurtis Foster thread, but it's hilarious with all the ''Hedberg needs to be our starter, Marty has sucked the last 75 games! Marty has cost us 10 games this year already!'' LOL.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:20 AM
HeliDevil
Ride the Schneid

I agree, I miss all the bs threads. Just give me hockey back. I can't believe it's almost December and we still don't have our Devils back.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:26 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
It's to the point where I really don't care anymore, and that saddens me. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be watching Devils games and arguing over how much ice time Kovy is getting, or complaining about the seemingly always anemic PP, but I'm not missing it as much as I thought I would. I don't know if it's because I know what to expect, or if I'm just tired of this ********. All the joy of this last summer's playoff run has been sucked out of me. I'm not going to lie and say I won't be back, because I know damn well I will be, but I'm not sure how excited I'm going to be over it.
Thisthisthisthisthisthisthis.

My thoughts exactly. Well said, sir.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:36 AM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

It's a joke there is even a lockout happening right now. For losing an entire 2004/2005 season I think they should have done everything they could to ensure completely that this wouldn't happen again. And if it did maybe a more significant amount of time than 7 years?

Old
11-24-2012, 06:47 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirheadPete View Post
I've been optimistic throughout the whole process but ever since Wednesday for the first time I think there is a better chance of the entire season getting cancelled as opposed to this being settled soon for a shortened one.
I don't know if I'd ever describe myself as optomistic about any process that includes both Bettman and Fehr, but I did think this would be settled before the Winter Classic got canceled. Once that happened, and the week-long negotiating session immediately after fell through then I've had a fatalistic point of view...and that's only grown as this process has gotten nastier and nastier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I'm still thinking Jacobs, and Leipold, and maybe a couple others are holding out on the owners side.
It's to the point where I'm gonna hate the Bruins when this is over just because of that weasel. And as if I needed any more of a reason to detest the Wild. That phony in Washington's probably another one too, he acts all fan friendly and stuff but after some of his comments post-Kovy deal he's probably jealous we got Kovy for such a good cap figure while he's stuck with a declining Ovechkin at $9+ million per for the next decade. Wouldn't shock me if he's hung up on contract limits because of it.

Last edited by NJDevs26: 11-24-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old
11-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

What did Bolland say?

Old
11-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
It's to the point where I'm gonna hate the Bruins when this is over just because of that weasel. And as if I needed any more of a reason to detest the Wild. That phony in Washington's probably another one too, he acts all fan friendly and stuff but after some of his comments post-Kovy deal he's probably jealous we got Kovy for such a good cap figure while he's stuck with a declining Ovechkin at $9+ million per for the next decade. Wouldn't shock me if he's hung up on contract limits because of it.
The Wings owner, Ilitch, has Bettman by the balls too. I'd be shocked if he isn't also one of the holdouts.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:28 AM
jjp24Devils
Captain Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
What did Bolland say?
He retweeted something along the lines of "RT if you want Bettman dead."

It can't be said enough how the lockout is revealing how stupid many of the players are.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:39 AM
goalvalchuk17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp24Devils View Post
He retweeted something along the lines of "RT if you want Bettman dead."

It can't be said enough how the lockout is revealing how stupid many of the players are.
And then he says he retweeted the wrong tweet may as well just apologize that's such a stupid excuse.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:37 AM
apice3*

I hope Bettman dies.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:38 AM
apice3*

^Whoops. Someone hacked my HF account.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!

LOL nice one^

I really don't hate the Bruins, or Wings, or Capitals. **** the wiLOLd though.

I think I will hate them too though because of these owners. These are owners of teams that constantly spend to the cap. Why the **** do they sign these contracts? POS Jacobs didn't need to re sign Lucic, or Seguin for as much as he did either to keep them. They aren't UFA eligible for years.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:18 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

also,,,,,,was this article posted ...sorry if it was.... http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/21...-f--------head

Old
11-24-2012, 12:18 PM
JK3
COUGH DROPS FOR DANO

**** these pro leagues, their owners and players, **** em all!! I'm so sick of these douches ruining peoples lives. I lost my job of 12 years at the NBA during last year's lockout as well as 115 other coworkers. In 2004 we had tons of ex NHL employees who got laid off during the last lockout interviewing for us but hired none. Some guys were lucky to move over to the MLB now but who knows how long that will last. The staff of these leagues has been cut to the bone year after year it's amazing they can even air a viewable product. The amount of people that are being affected by this lockout is staggering, arena staff, concessions, local businesses etc, not just people sitting in their living rooms.

I'm done for now with the NHL, I'll watch some Devils games I guess if they come back, I can't afford to go to any at this point. I'll be going to my nieces hockey games and watch kids play for the love of playing hockey and support the local coaches and leagues that do it for fun, not some greedy ******* owners and players. I don't even know how you guys can spend so much time on this forum discussing it, it gives me headache. Some real sadomasochistic **** going on in here.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:17 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

lol Bettman looks like a twenty-year old preppie student in the stock photo of that video.

Old
11-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Wow, Chelios is crazy but unfortunately he is right. You're messing with peoples lives here.

Old
11-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers
Fehr jokes when asked if he'll gamble in AC: "Me and the slots? Well, maybe I'd have better luck there than I have at the bargaining table."

Closed Thread