Notices

No More Lockout Blues! - 2012 Lockout Part 2 [UPD: AGREEMENT REACHED!]

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
I wonder when we'll hear anything on TSN Jets... I'd still like to watch every game in HD again.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Conflicted Habs fan

vCash: 164
Go Jets Go!

Old
01-06-2013, 01:54 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 50
Its a Ukrainian Christmas miracle!

Veselyx Sviyat! Khrystos Rozdajetcya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrinch View Post
There's always Ukrainian Christmas!
(today is Ukrainian Christmas Eve)

Whoohoo!

Old
01-06-2013, 01:57 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

@Puckschmuck, I have a feeling we know each other!

Веселих Свят і Христос Раждається!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
This is an awesome Ukrainian Christmas AND Birthday present (both of which are tomorrow and are both celebrated in my household ) Couldn't be happier! Xrestos Rhosdiatia!

Old
01-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
Quote:
The #NHL would like to have a schedule out by Thursday or Friday at the latest. Don't forget they've got a lot of work to do to sell tix.

Old
Kent C Tugood
Not Quite Dead Yet

vCash: 200
Ahhhh, this is the news I've been waiting for. Back to GDTs. Back to watching games with friends. Back to chatter at work on the previous night's game, and the upcoming match. Back to random conversation with everyone waiting for a bus after a game. And most importantly, Back to everything that was missing that was so much more than just hockey that vanished from this lockout. Go Jets Go!

Old
mzappa
Jets fans in space

It actually is Christmas for anyone following the Gregorian calendar on January 7th. January 6th is Свят Вечір or Ukrainian Christmas eve.

Anyone Ukrainian, Greek, Turkish, Bulgarian, Serbian, Ethiopian Orthodox etc etc celebrates Christmas today/tomorrow. Its much more fun that Julian calendar Christmas!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
**** December 25. January 6 is officially designated as the new Christmas! GO JETS GO!

Old
01-06-2013, 02:20 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
thank god the lockout is over! i was terrifed i was going to have to watch the NBA playoffs

Old
01-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Becel
I Hate Jamie Macoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronhoo View Post
So pumped we're back!
As much as I can't stand the man, Donald Fehr sure did well in the end. I'm surprised at how far the owners moved.
So, I'm curious how many in this group will boo Hainsey? I for one won't and don't care anymore.
I really hope he does not get booed. If anything he should get cheered. He was a guy who fought for the players and got them a fair deal in the end... eventually. I have been pro owner this lockout, but do not expect the players to bend over for them and take just any deal. From the last CBA the players lost on everything except pension. Hainsey did his job, one that many players wanted no part in and bolted to Europe. He was outspoken and in the spotlight more than most, but my view on him is someone fighting for a deal so we can have some hockey.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reims View Post
I really hope he does not get booed. If anything he should get cheered. He was a guy who fought for the players and got them a fair deal in the end... eventually. I have been pro owner this lockout, but do not expect the players to bend over for them and take just any deal. From the last CBA the players lost on everything except pension. Hainsey did his job, one that many players wanted no part in and bolted to Europe. He was outspoken and in the spotlight more than most, but my view on him is someone fighting for a deal so we can have some hockey.

Haha great avatar. I hope Kane incorporates his attempts to call Mayweather into his goal celebrations.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:45 PM
GrandChelems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reims View Post
I'd like to see Hainsey get boo-ed, then cheered, then boo-ed, then cheered at the start... then we all have a laugh and move on! Would be a hilarious way to break the ice once it's all back on.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Lux Aurumque*

I will not be cheering for Hainsey. Can't wait until that overpaid greedy bum is gone.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Quote:
I will not be cheering for Hainsey. Can't wait until that overpaid greedy bum is gone.
Still on that eh? Time to get over it.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:30 PM
scelaton

Some initial thoughts on the settlement, such as we know it at this preliminary stage:
1)Overall, it seems sort of anti-climactic. They really could have had this months ago and the differences would have been negligible.
2)The owners got their 50/50 which is great for league viability and much of the rest is detail.
3)Length of contract doesn't make as much difference, as long as annual variance is limited. It looks like max variance over a 7/8 year contract term will be <10%/yr, on average (50% decrease from top to bottom).
4)'Make whole' will cost teams ~ 1 million per year each (if amortized over 10 yrs), no big deal. Raising the cap ceiling for a year or 2 is also no big deal, because, in the end the players only get 50% plus 'make whole'.
5)Not sure how this aspect will play out, but keep your eyes out for falling players as teams realign their payrolls. TNSE is in a great position to pick up quality FAs over the next 6-18 months.
6)The biggest issue, and the one that has received the least recent attention, is how to grow league revenues so the low revenue teams can keep up with an escalating floor. The ONLY way to do this is by generating substantial media contracts that distribute big money evenly across all teams. That is job 1 for the NHL/NHLPA and I believe that 10 years of labour peace, combined with relative parity that spreads the winning around, will accomplish that before this CBA expires. After all is said and done, it is a great game.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic!

Last edited by scelaton: 01-06-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunk View Post
Still on that eh? Time to get over it.
Won't ever get over it. I will never, ever wish anything but the worst for Moneybags Hainsey.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:35 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Won't ever get over it. I will never, ever wish anything but the worst for Moneybags Hainsey.
You do realize that the lockouts not personal right? The way your behaving is like the Hains shot your puppy or something.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 2084
Quote:
I was the biggest Hainsey detractor and now im like ehhhhhhhh

Old
01-06-2013, 05:41 PM
LadyJet26
Lest We Forget

vCash: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
You do realize that the lockouts not personal right? The way your behaving is like the Hains shot your puppy or something.
When players that average 2.4 mil in salary are fighting over a pension when most North Americans have to fight to get one is a freaking joke. By the time I'm ready to retire I won't get a pension because a certain idiot that's running the country is running the pension and old age into the ground. In the US, you don't get one unless your boss offers one. Sorry some of us are still bitter and we have every right to be. It is personal when neither give a crap about the fans. Yeah the owners own the teams, but it's the fans that make the league what it is. Without fans, these arses wouldn't have anything.

Edit: And Hainsey as much as I liked him before, I don't any more. He comes across as a complete d.
On that note, as much as it ticks me off, I'm okay with the NHL being back, but it will take a very long time for me to get fully on board.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
I've always failed to understand your standpoint when it came to him.

You state your hatred is because he's greedy and overpaid, well can you honestly say if you were in his position as a UFA when defensemen like Campbell and Streit got their huge paychecks and he was next in line that you would'nt have tried to also capitalize on the money that was available?

Are you so noble that you would've taken less money because you felt you weren't deserving of it...

Old
01-06-2013, 05:43 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Please prove how he is overpaid:

He currently earns 3 mil and will be our #3 until Bogo returns and #4 after...

There's not many #4's getting paid less than 3mil unless they are on ELC

Old
01-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Industrial Relations disputes are typically not personal (Unless you include the old Mining Strikes, but this is 2013 Manitoba, not 1912 West Virginia).

I wonder what people thought about Ted Lindsay, did they call him a greedy pig?

Old
01-06-2013, 05:48 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Please prove how he is overpaid:

He currently earns 3 mil and will be our #3 until Bogo returns and #4 after...

There's not many #4's getting paid less than 3mil unless they are on ELC
Not to go much more ot here, but he is #4 on the jets
How many other teams would he be #4 on.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:54 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Not to go much more ot here, but he is #4 on the jets
How many other teams would he be #4 on.
Well looking at his performance last season:
He's about par for the league... which makes sense with a team about avg D-core wise
now of course with different coaching methods, usage, depth, etc he may be higher or lower on a team but it averages at 4

I did a breakdown here:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1316697

Summary though:
Basically out of the 221 reg d-men (~7 per a team) he averages at around 117 (120 would make him right smack on avg #4) performance wise while he was 72 (around 2-3) for difficulty...
So he averages almost exactly at #4 for results while averaging at 2-3 for difficulty in his assignment...

Old
01-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Unfortunately garret's thread was made about an hour before the lockout was resolved, which basically pushed it to the backburner.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 2084
I think we need a BECK-EN-BAUGH chant at the first home game!

Closed Thread