HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Schneider to Edmonton

Old
10-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Kass Effect

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Vancouver fans are like Electrolux vacuum cleaner door to door sellers. Even if we dont invite them, they come and tell us how wonderful are their product (goalies) and try to convince us we need one, or try to convince us we need to replace our old one.

Good luck making the sales!
Rumour has it that the Oilers have shown interest in Vancouver's goalting. Luongo and Schneider are obviously top goalies, and we should be high on them. It sounds like the real life Oilers are interested in an upgrade so whats your big issue with Nucks fans attempting to trade one to Edmonton? This is a general thread, not the Oilers boards, we don't need an invite, and thank you, our goalies are wonderful.

Good luck with your current goaltending!

Kass Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:24 PM
DaveT83*

vCash: 500
Toronto will take Dubnyk's salary dump if that helps.

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:31 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Vancouver fans are like Electrolux vacuum cleaner door to door sellers. Even if we dont invite them, they come and tell us how wonderful are their product (goalies) and try to convince us we need one, or try to convince us we need to replace our old one.

You consider yourself in this group now? I thought it was the other way around, and you were the one that comes uninvited to all Canucks-goalies related threads, telling us how awful our vacuum cleaners are and trying to convince us that a broom is just as good as a vacuum.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:32 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
It would not be the first time a goalie was traded for unproven player or pick. Many real GM actually trade proven NHL goalies for unproven player or pick.

Remember Toskala ? Raycroff ? Fernandez ? Halak ? Varlamov ? Vokoun ? Roloson ? Lethonen ? They was all NHL proven goalie traded for unproven player/pick.

Should we fire these GM ?

Of course these goalie wasn't really ''franchise'' goalie, but they was traded for a lot less than a potential unproven ''franchise'' player either.
Carey Price is in the top tier of goaltending in the NHL. 6 of those goalies don't even compare to his abilities. When Lehtonen was traded he was treading water, and has really just broken out. Halak is a different story...and last I checked...that GM was fired.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:32 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
Rumour has it that the Oilers have shown interest in Vancouver's goalting. Luongo and Schneider are obviously top goalies, and we should be high on them. It sounds like the real life Oilers are interested in an upgrade so whats your big issue with Nucks fans attempting to trade one to Edmonton? This is a general thread, not the Oilers boards, we don't need an invite, and thank you, our goalies are wonderful.

Because these "rumours" have come from every place other than Edmonton.

We just signed a young goalie to good money and there is seemingly zero interest to go out and get another goalie until they at least let Dubnyk play a season as the start this year.

I have no issue with a lot of proposal talk between teams, but I just don't want people to start thinking that it is common knowledge the Oilers are looking for a goalie, when not a single inside source, reporter, radio host, or even random rumour generator in Edmonton has even suggested this is the case.

A guy like Botchy spewing his nonsense isn't a real rumour IMO.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:33 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post

Edmonton isn't simply a good goalie away from contending. Edmonton needs a lot more than that. It would be better to try to acquire one through FA or trades or the draft than it would be to trade for one. Goalies are a lot easier to find in random places - and highly touted goalies often become mediocre or poor goalies when they change teams. The same isn't true to the same degree for forwards and defensemen.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:35 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
What about MPS for Schneider? Y/N?

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:37 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans1000 View Post
No, quite easily.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:38 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Going to guess that wouldn't even be remotely close to enough to get Schneider.

That being said, I wouldn't pay what it would cost to get him unless Dubynk plays terrible next season. Even then I would look to FA and other areas before making that deal.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:41 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Vancouver wouldn't do it. Not enough value coming back.

Oilers would be pleased with that.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:56 PM
CanucksSayEh

Schnieder is too damn good to trade, don't care what the return is, he needs to be a nuck.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 05:00 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Oilers would say yes, easily.
Vancouver would say no, easily.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:

First off, I don't think we ever once said Montreal needed a new goalie. Secondly, you are the one coming into every Vancouver thread trying to convince us that our goalies are bad and nobody wants them.

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 11:06 PM
zeus3007*

We already have a Schneider. His name is Devan Dubnyk and he played very well for us last year. The Oilers won't give up anything of significant value for another piece like one we already have.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 01:08 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:

It's just sad that of all posters here you would post something like this. A Habs fan that has admitted to being obsessed with Canuck goalies and jumps into every thread about Canuck goalies to keep telling us how awful their values are, while basically everything you've said to support your claims gets proven wrong over and over (ie. Schneider will definitely be traded due to Luongo's contract... Schneider will never re-sign a multiyear deal due to Luongo's contract... Lack won't sign a multiyear deal due to the goalie situation... etc...) Every time something actually happens, it just further proves you wrong.

You, a non-Canucks fan, jumps into every Canuck goalie thread, tells us what their values are, what they would do with their contracts (and then gets proven wrong when they sign contracts you think would never happen), and then continue to tell Canucks fans how you know what their values are, while we're all ignorant and have no clue about our own goalie situations.

And now you actually come here and insult the entire fan base saying that we're not invited into discussions about our own players??

What a joke!

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 02:13 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
It's just sad that of all posters here you would post something like this. A Habs fan that has admitted to being obsessed with Canuck goalies and jumps into every thread about Canuck goalies to keep telling us how awful their values are, while basically everything you've said to support your claims gets proven wrong over and over (ie. Schneider will definitely be traded due to Luongo's contract... Schneider will never re-sign a multiyear deal due to Luongo's contract... Lack won't sign a multiyear deal due to the goalie situation... etc...) Every time something actually happens, it just further proves you wrong.

You, a non-Canucks fan, jumps into every Canuck goalie thread, tells us what their values are, what they would do with their contracts (and then gets proven wrong when they sign contracts you think would never happen), and then continue to tell Canucks fans how you know what their values are, while we're all ignorant and have no clue about our own goalie situations.

And now you actually come here and insult the entire fan base saying that we're not invited into discussions about our own players??

What a joke!
It was not mean as an insult, but as a joke, sorry if you took it seriously.

But you got me completely wrong on something, despite the millions proposal by Vancouver fans about Schneider being traded i was among the one saying he wont be traded:

Here is a prediction i did back in January 2011

Quote:
My Prediction: Unless he can play more and be more attractive to the other team (in case of a Luongo injury) Schneider wont be traded as the market for goalie is not hot, you should lose him as UFA in 2013 after he helped The cannuck being one of the best team in the league. I just think its best to keep him than getting a low return.
http://forum.canucks.com/topic/29500...to-past-trade/

I also said last season it was making a lot more sense to keep him if they planned to use him in the playoff 2012.

Where i was wrong back in 2011 was about him signing with Vancouver while Luongo is still there. Maybe the rumor that Luongo could be traded influenced his decision ?
The same rumor probably motivated Lack to sign with Vancouver.

I was also right in saying teams will choose the other options available around (Smith, Theodore, Bryzgalov, Lindback, Brobovsky, Valarmov, Halak) before trading for Vancouver goalies.

Last edited by palindrom: 10-29-2012 at 06:31 AM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 04:17 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post

What a joke!

Completely correct. This post is about accountability. There are those that have made spurious claims that have been proven wrong again and again and again... Yet they don't stop. They don't stop trying to infringe upon threads, despite being proven wrong already.

Especially when they aren't fans of either team... Obsession indeed.

As it pretains to Schneider, I think it's clear that his future is with VAN. That's who they want long-term. I don't see VAN dealing him now, least of all to a divisional rival.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 08:32 AM
aqsw
PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
About as ridiculous as saying Jonathan Quick has outplayed Cory Schneider over the last 2 years. He absolutely has not. He's only played more games, for obvious reasons.

Swap these goalies and Quick is a career backup in Vancouver with under 40 starts last season and Schneider would have had the starters workload in L.A. with no competition for the role.

Cory Schneider is a career backup in the same way Jordan Staal is a career 3rd line centre.
I strongly agree.

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 08:46 AM
lakai17

Eddie Lack isn't NHL ready yet, better keep Schneider. We have Roy and Bunz coming up within a few years as it is.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Lack is NHL ready, especially if it were Luongo and not Schneider being the starter.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 09:19 AM
lakai17

then again with that stacked team, Vancouver shouldn't have to rely on goaltending.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 09:45 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
then again with that stacked team, Vancouver shouldn't have to rely on goaltending.
hmmm interesting argument you have brought up....

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

There just isn't a deal here to be made. We'd want one of the big 4 whereas Edmonton would want to offer up something like Hemsky or MPS as the centerpiece. In my opinion, and EDM fans may disagree, I had assumed Eberle had the least value of the 4. Even still, I feel as if we'd need to add to Schneider to get him. I don't mean add a late pick or something meaningless, I feel we'd have to add another attractive piece. The name that jumps out right away would be Nicklas Jensen. He's tearing up the SEL right now as a rookie, and his showing in the AHL last season was fabulous. I think Schneider & Jensen for Eberle would be fair value wise, although quite honestly I see both fan bases hating it.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
There just isn't a deal here to be made. We'd want one of the big 4 whereas Edmonton would want to offer up something like Hemsky or MPS as the centerpiece. In my opinion, and EDM fans may disagree, I had assumed Eberle had the least value of the 4. Even still, I feel as if we'd need to add to Schneider to get him. I don't mean add a late pick or something meaningless, I feel we'd have to add another attractive piece. The name that jumps out right away would be Nicklas Jensen. He's tearing up the SEL right now as a rookie, and his showing in the AHL last season was fabulous. I think Schneider & Jensen for Eberle would be fair value wise, although quite honestly I see both fan bases hating it.
I don't "hate it", but our high hopes for Jensen will be dashed if we trade him, and he seems like the perfect powerforward player that just needs to put it all together.

You have to give to get, and Eberle would be an incredible piece if Edmonton were to every have him on the block.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Suddenly7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post

I agree. Vancouver will take nothing less than one of the big four. If Edmonton is seriously about getting back into the playoffs than they will need to bite the bullet and make the trade. I like where the OP is going with this, but I believe the focus should be in defense rather than Goaltending. There is only so much a goaltender can do.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote