HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tampa - Pittsburgh

Old
10-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Violent By Design

vCash: 500
Tampa - Pittsburgh

Scott Harrington

Nikita Kucherov or Nikita Gusev

Pens have a glutton of defensive studs in the pipeline, not much in terms to top 6 ceiling talent (I don't have much faith in Tangradi or Bennett panning out). We also need more right handed wingers in the system.

Violent By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post

Scott Harrington

Pens have a glutton of defensive studs in the pipeline, not much in terms to top 6 ceiling talent (I don't have much faith in Tangradi or Bennett panning out). We also need more right handed wingers in the system.
Win.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:06 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:

Scott Harrington

We politely decline your offer. We have high hopes for Kucherov and if we can get Gusev over here to play, we will have a the full Russian Line (Namestnikov, Kucherov, Gusev).

Also On D we have Barberio, Gudas, Aulie, and Sergeev in the pipes to get a shot. Not saying all of the are top line D prospects, but Kucherov and Gusev to us are top 6 forward prospects.

Plus Yzerman has a fever, and the only cure is more Russian!

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:09 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Harrington has been looking really good and I think he could end up being a really good shutdown d-man in the pros. Kucherov is slightly temping but I'd rather see how Harrington pans out.

Last edited by BigBenSF*: 10-24-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Auto correct
BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Violent By Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
We politely decline your offer. We have high hopes for Kucherov and if we can get Gusev over here to play, we will have a the full Russian Line (Namestnikov, Kucherov, Gusev).

Also On D we have Barberio, Gudas, Aulie, and Sergeev in the pipes to get a shot. Not saying all of the are top line D prospects, but Kucherov and Gusev to us are top 6 forward prospects.

Plus Yzerman has a fever, and the only cure is more Russian!
I envy your GM's Russian fever, I swear Ray Shero would have taken Cam Barker over Malkin.

Old
10-24-2012, 10:13 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Harrington has been looking really good and I think he could end up being a really good shutdown d-man in the pros. Gusherov is slightly temping but I'd rather see how Harrington pans out.
Auto Correct?

Old
10-24-2012, 10:16 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Quote:
Auto Correct?
Yep.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 10:18 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
I envy your GM's Russian fever, I swear Ray Shero would have taken Cam Barker over Malkin.
We are lucky Kucherov decided to cross the water. Real lucky. If it wasn't for Grigs, I really don't think he would come over (Still kind of pissed Yzerman didn't take Grigs when he had the chance. I understand the logic behind the decision the scouts made, but still...). Gusev is still a toss up, If Kucherov, Nesterov, and Nammy can convince him to come over, we might see an amazing connection.

But it is always a gamble to pick Russians in the draft, never know if they will come over. Although Gusev in the 7th round was highway robbery.

Old
10-25-2012, 12:01 AM
DJN21

Quote:
We are lucky Kucherov decided to cross the water. Real lucky. If it wasn't for Grigs, I really don't think he would come over (Still kind of pissed Yzerman didn't take Grigs when he had the chance. I understand the logic behind the decision the scouts made, but still...). Gusev is still a toss up, If Kucherov, Nesterov, and Nammy can convince him to come over, we might see an amazing connection.

But it is always a gamble to pick Russians in the draft, never know if they will come over. Although Gusev in the 7th round was highway robbery.
agreed

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 01:34 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

This is a really good proposal. I think I would do it if it was for Gusev.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:20 AM
Rschmitz

Wouldn't do it for Kucherov, would do it for Gusev.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Why would Pittsburgh trade one of their top prospects for a 7th round draft pick from a few months ago?

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 09:15 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Just from a Pens perspective, Harrington has shown a lot of promise and is one of our top prospects right now. I do think there is a trade to be made for a very equal offensive talent.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Violent By Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Why would Pittsburgh trade one of their top prospects for a 7th round draft pick from a few months ago?
Because we have 6 top defensive prospects and next to nothing on the wings. If Gusev played his junior in the CHL he would have been a late 1st/early 2nd round pick at the very least. It's his interest in the NHL that is the question, not his talent. Kucherov is in the same boat, but now is less of a question mark after making the move to the Q.

I think we have an advantage over most teams when it comes to Russian players we should be exploiting. Having a shot to play in the Burgh with the best Russian player in the world could be the incentive to draw the younger guys across the pond.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:58 AM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

I'd rather wait on Harrington and it sounds like Tampa fans want to wait on Kucherov and Gusev. That said, I think the value is equal.

TheRollingPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Because we have 6 top defensive prospects and next to nothing on the wings. If Gusev played his junior in the CHL he would have been a late 1st/early 2nd round pick at the very least. It's his interest in the NHL that is the question, not his talent. Kucherov is in the same boat, but now is less of a question mark after making the move to the Q.

I think we have an advantage over most teams when it comes to Russian players we should be exploiting. Having a shot to play in the Burgh with the best Russian player in the world could be the incentive to draw the younger guys across the pond.
If the Pens were interested in him, why didn't they just take him in the 6th round instead of now going and trading a solid prospect for him?

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

don't think we need Gusev. We have our own late round Russian and he's tearing it up right now.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Violent By Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
If the Pens were interested in him, why didn't they just take him in the 6th round instead of now going and trading a solid prospect for him?
Maybe they did have interest in him but took Anton Zlobin instead due to the fact that he plays in the Q? Maybe they weren't expecting Zlobin to be available at their pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
don't think we need Gusev. We have our own late round Russian and he's tearing it up right now.
Moar young Russians!

Old
10-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:

Not like Harrington, we don't. He's arguably the best junior-age defensive defenseman in hockey.

We were the highest scoring team in the NHL last year and had the worst defensive showing in playoff history. Of all our prospects, Harrington's the one we need the most.

Not to mention the fact that Gusev isn't even close to his value. You say that Gusev could've been a 2nd rounder if he had played in the CHL...but he didn't. That's the point. That's why so many other clubs passed on him several times over, and nothing he's done since has changed his value. If we wanted him, we could've taken him in the 6th round last year instead of giving up a very promising young defenseman who fits our needs perfectly.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 04:14 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Not like Harrington, we don't. He's arguably the best junior-age defensive defenseman in hockey.

We were the highest scoring team in the NHL last year and had the worst defensive showing in playoff history. Of all our prospects, Harrington's the one we need the most.

Not to mention the fact that Gusev isn't even close to his value. You say that Gusev could've been a 2nd rounder if he had played in the CHL...but he didn't. That's the point. That's why so many other clubs passed on him several times over, and nothing he's done since has changed his value. If we wanted him, we could've taken him in the 6th round last year instead of giving up a very promising young defenseman who fits our needs perfectly.
As a bolts fan, I can't argue your logic. I think value wise its fine, but organizational wise not good for Pens either. We are happy to see if Gusev pans out, at best he is top 6, at worst we wasted a 7th round pick.

Old
10-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

I'm favoring, Harrington. As a Pens fan.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Dangles78

Good proposal. I'd consider Harrington for Kucherov.

Doubt GMRS would trade Harrington for Gusev though. I don't know much about him or his game, but it looks like Harrington has better NHL potential

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 08:52 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
Good proposal. I'd consider Harrington for Kucherov.

Doubt GMRS would trade Harrington for Gusev though. I don't know much about him or his game, but it looks like Harrington has better NHL potential
Read up on Gusev. If you can ever convince him to come over, he would be talked about very differently.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2012, 11:37 PM
stammerhammer91

Pretty Fair deal that both teams say no to. Very good job though

stammerhammer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 06:19 AM
stayinalive

vCash: 1078
Harrington for Gusev is laughable. Gusev was a 7th round pick a few monthy ago, while Harrington is one of the best defensive d-man prospects.
Harrington for Kucherov could happen, but i rather wait for harrington

stayinalive is offline   Reply With Quote