HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[XBOX] NHL 13 GM Connected League Part III - 2013 Free Agent Frenzy! 4 Teams Open

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2012, 08:58 PM
  #601
Mdmopa1
Registered User
 
Mdmopa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Upstate, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
just when I get excited for the offseason...

Mdmopa1 is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 08:59 PM
  #602
Mdmopa1
Registered User
 
Mdmopa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Upstate, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMBOcanuck View Post
You obviously had internet at some point today in order to log into your xbox and tell me we could start an hour later. You could have PMd me on HFboards as well from your phone, which is what I do to set up games with people.

When I give you the freedom to pick ANY time of day to play the game and you come up with 2 times and still don't show up it doesn't really matter what the excuse is, you need to have some respect for other people's time. Not only that, but what's the deal with not being able to play our SCF games, but you're perfectly able to play GTA IV for an hour or two?

I also run a league, and when this league started the playoffs it was near the trade deadline in my league, now we are almost caught up to this one and our GMs are still complaining about how long its taking.

Don't expect me to wait around for you the next time you make a time to play. I won't be on the rest of tonight, and I have my playoffs in my league to play tomorrow night.
Any teams available in that league?

Mdmopa1 is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 09:00 PM
  #603
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,505
vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
So you're giving up because you're whining that playoffs are taking to long.

If you wanna join a serious and very active league, go to the EA Sports forum and join a league there. This is a recreational league and I don't have all the time in the world to sit around and play games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Vedder View Post
Unless, of course, its you who wants to play. Then the clock is ticking and the GM's will be kicked...
See Eddie Vedder's post for how I feel.

PG Canuck is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 09:03 PM
  #604
Eddie Vedder
Registered User
 
Eddie Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
See Eddie Vedder's post for how I feel.


Also - my other league was at the deadline when we started playoffs - Cup finals almost done as of this morning, waiting for game 7 tonight.

Eddie Vedder is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 09:14 PM
  #605
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMBOcanuck View Post
You obviously had internet at some point today in order to log into your xbox and tell me we could start an hour later. You could have PMd me on HFboards as well from your phone, which is what I do to set up games with people.

When I give you the freedom to pick ANY time of day to play the game and you come up with 2 times and still don't show up it doesn't really matter what the excuse is, you need to have some respect for other people's time. Not only that, but what's the deal with not being able to play our SCF games, but you're perfectly able to play GTA IV for an hour or two?
I also run a league, and when this league started the playoffs it was near the trade deadline in my league, now we are almost caught up to this one and our GMs are still complaining about how long its taking.

Don't expect me to wait around for you the next time you make a time to play. I won't be on the rest of tonight, and I have my playoffs in my league to play tomorrow night.
The majority of the time I was helping with my room, That's why I couldn't play a game was because I was needed for help every 10 minutes or so.

And I don't have a data plan on my phone, I rely on Wi-Fi for internet to my phone which wasn't online.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 09:15 PM
  #606
Inside McKenzie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmopa1 View Post
Any teams available in that league?
It is primarily west coast based, NJ is currently available, perhaps more after an upcoming activity check. Some leagues do those a couple times a year

Inside McKenzie is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 09:26 PM
  #607
Mdmopa1
Registered User
 
Mdmopa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Upstate, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
It is primarily west coast based, NJ is currently available, perhaps more after an upcoming activity check. Some leagues do those a couple times a year
I would love to take the devils! Let me know what I can do to make this happen in the near future, my GT is zz68iou1zz

Mdmopa1 is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 09:41 PM
  #608
ubiquitous
*shink*
 
ubiquitous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Hey look, you're both online! Play play play!

ubiquitous is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 10:18 PM
  #609
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Montreal Wins Game 3 by a score of 6-2, Bourque with 5 points.

Subban was injured, but he'll be okay for Game 4.

EDIT: Scratch that, he'll be out for the remainder of the playoffs with an injured elbow.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 10:22 PM
  #610
JUMBOcanuck
Registered User
 
JUMBOcanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 715
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Montreal Wins Game 3 by a score of 6-2, Bourque with 5 points.

Subban was injured, but he'll be okay for Game 4.
I can't invite you, you need to fix your roster.

JUMBOcanuck is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 10:58 PM
  #611
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Blake Geoffrion scores in double overtime to win the game! 2-1 the final score, Montreal up 3-1 in the series.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 11:15 PM
  #612
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator
 
Chairman Maouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fire Lake
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,769
vCash: 50
As you all can see, I have done some clean-up in here. One comment can set off a firestorm. That firestorm has now been extinguished, at least in here. Please keep it civil.

__________________
Uncle Jed, I decided I ain't gonna be a brain sturgeon.
Chairman Maouth is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 11:40 PM
  #613
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
The Montreal Canadiens have won the Stanley Cup!


Montreal wins Game 5 by a score of 4-1, Rene Bourque Wins the Conn Smythe.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 11:40 PM
  #614
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Good series JC, should've been closer.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 11:42 PM
  #615
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
I'll be advancing at 10:30pm, hopefully you guys have done your draft priority.

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 11:43 PM
  #616
Eddie Vedder
Registered User
 
Eddie Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
The whole league loses for having Renee Borques name on any trophy.

Eddie Vedder is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 11:54 PM
  #617
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
2012-13 NHL Awards:

Stanley Cup Champions: Montreal Canadiens
Maurice Richard Trophy: Sidney Crosby (PIT)
Ted Lindsay Award: Ryan Miller (BUF)
Frank J. Selke Award: Pavel Datsyuk (DET)
Bill Masterson Trophy: Henrik Tallender (NJD)
William M. Jennings Trophy: Cam Ward (CAR)
Vezina Trophy: Cam Ward (CAR)
Conn Smythe Trophy: Rene Bourque (MTL)
Calder Memorial Trophy: Mathieu Perreault (WSH)
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Henrik Zetterberg (DET)
James Norris Memorial Trophy: Andrei Markov (TB)
Hart Memorial Trophy: Henrik Zetterberg (DET)
Art Ross Trophy: Henrik Zetterberg (DET)
Prince of Whales Trophy: Montreal Canadiens
Clarence S. Campbell Bowl: Vancouver Canucks
Presidents Trophy: Carolina Hurricanes

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 11:56 PM
  #618
Eddie Vedder
Registered User
 
Eddie Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
2012-13 NHL Awards:

Stanley Cup Champions: Montreal Canadiens
Maurice Richard Trophy: Sidney Crosby (PIT)
Ted Lindsay Award: Ryan Miller (BUF)
Frank J. Selke Award: Pavel Datsyuk (DET)
Bill Masterson Trophy: Henrik Tallender (NJD)
William M. Jennings Trophy: Cam Ward (CAR)
Vezina Trophy: Cam Ward (CAR)
Conn Smythe Trophy: Rene Bourque (MTL)
[B]Calder Memorial Trophy:[/B] Mathieu Perreault (WSH)
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Henrik Zetterberg (DET)
James Norris Memorial Trophy: Andrei Markov (TB)
Hart Memorial Trophy: Henrik Zetterberg (DET)
Art Ross Trophy: Henrik Zetterberg (DET)
Prince of Whales Trophy: Montreal Canadiens
Clarence S. Campbell Bowl: Vancouver Canucks
Presidents Trophy: Carolina Hurricanes
Nice I was hoping Perreault would get Calder.

Eddie Vedder is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:17 AM
  #619
joker123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Congrats Montreal was hoping you would lose :S damn 60# pick

joker123 is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:18 AM
  #620
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker123 View Post
Congrats Montreal was hoping you would lose :S damn 60# pick
I got the 56th pick instead, wooo...

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:23 AM
  #621
joker123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Haha yea but hey at least it was like winning the Stanley cup too
#Versteeg, #Mueller, #Matthias +?

joker123 is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:24 AM
  #622
ubiquitous
*shink*
 
ubiquitous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Philadelphia Flyers would like to congratulate the Montreal Canadians on their Stanley Cup victory. Glad we've hit the off-season, Giroux is finally out of bed!

ubiquitous is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:26 AM
  #623
Eddie Vedder
Registered User
 
Eddie Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
Philadelphia Flyers would like to congratulate the Montreal Canadians on their Stanley Cup victory. Glad we've hit the off-season, Giroux is finally out of bed!


Claude Giroux, pictured above, during the final game of the finals.

Eddie Vedder is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:31 AM
  #624
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker123 View Post
Haha yea but hey at least it was like winning the Stanley cup too
#Versteeg, #Mueller, #Matthias +?
Yeah, All 3 we're huge for me for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
Philadelphia Flyers would like to congratulate the Montreal Canadians on their Stanley Cup victory. Glad we've hit the off-season, Giroux is finally out of bed!
Thanks!

Royal Canuck is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:43 AM
  #625
ubiquitous
*shink*
 
ubiquitous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Off-season is up.

ubiquitous is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.