HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Line Brawl Lineups

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2013, 10:05 PM
  #76
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah
 
CamDegs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UMass
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post




Looks like Lucic can't fight either.
Weird, I recall Looch winning that fight...

EDIT: Was thinking about the second time they fought. First fight looked like a boring draw between the two.


Last edited by CamDegs13: 01-15-2013 at 10:11 PM.
CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 10:24 PM
  #77
Blayzer
Schenn ** JVR
 
Blayzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Macintyre - Brown - Orr
Phaneuf - Komisarek

Blayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:00 PM
  #78
Community
Former TMLKesselftw
 
Community's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,647
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayzer View Post
Macintyre - Brown - Orr
Phaneuf - Komisarek
We don't have Macintyre on our team...

So it would be:

Devane - Brown - Orr
Phaneuf - Fraser (Komi has been horrible at fighting lately)

Pretty good fighting group, really excited for Devane...

Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:52 PM
  #79
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
We don't have Macintyre on our team...

So it would be:

Devane - Brown - Orr
Phaneuf - Fraser (Komi has been horrible at fighting lately)

Pretty good fighting group, really excited for Devane...
Brown and Phaneuf are the only ones who will be in the NHL this year unless something drastic happens....

Why do people keep posting line ups with a bunch of AHLers to make their team seem tough when in reality these guys wont play a lick?

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:30 PM
  #80
ObjectiveOpinion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
I'm fairly certain that Engelland could handle them as well.

Guys who have a shot at MacIntyre: Patrick Bordeleau and Brian McGrattan.
I think Engelland is way over rated on this board. Just this example, specifically, you think he could "handle" all of Lucic, Thornton, Chara, McQuaid, and Horton?

I'd give you Horton, though in my opinion it would be closer than you think. He and McQuaid would be dead even in my opinion. Chara would just be a mismatch, Chara would probably tackle him and fall. But, Lucic and Thorton would win this fight. Lucic would win by TKO, his power, size, and lankiness would be too much for Engy. Thornton I think would be a great fight, but narrow win Thornton.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great fighter for his size, and he has good range, but if you're telling me he can handle Lucic who's a 6'6" hunchback at 230 with noted boxing experience, I think you're living in a dream world.


Last edited by ObjectiveOpinion: 01-16-2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Grammar
ObjectiveOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:46 PM
  #81
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObjectiveOpinion View Post
I think Engelland is way over rated on this board. Just this example, specifically, you think he could "handle" all of Lucic, Thornton, Chara, McQuaid, and Horton?

I'd give you Horton, though in my opinion it would be closer than you think. He and McQuaid would be dead even in my opinion. Chara would just be a mismatch, Chara would probably tackle him and fall. But, Lucic and Thorton would win this fight. Lucic would win by TKO, his power, size, and lankiness would be too much for Engy. Thornton I think would be a great fight, but narrow win Thornton.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great fighter for his size, and he has good range, but if you're telling me he can handle Lucic who's a 6'6" hunchback at 230 with noted boxing experience, I think you're living in a dream world.
I stopped reading after that statement you made.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:33 PM
  #82
ObjectiveOpinion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
I stopped reading after that statement you made.
That's what I mean, people don't really take that statement seriously, that's why I say he's overrated. I've watched all of his fights, and when it comes to people his height and weight and lower, he either edges them or wipes the floor with them. But take the data on his fights where the person he's fighting is either taller or heavier, and they're a little more mixed.

Sure, he TKO's Orr, edged out Shelley, but in my opinion lost to Clowe, draw with Niel, draw with Westgarth, draw with biz nasty, TKO'd by Parros, and got annihilated by Scott. McQuaid is 6'4 or 5, and somewhere around 210, though the Bruins roster still has him at the 197 he was 2 years ago.

All you can do is wait for a bigger sample size, but until then I'll consider him overrated mainly because he's just not big enough. Hopefully he proves me wrong because I'd love to see it.


Last edited by ObjectiveOpinion: 01-16-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Grammar
ObjectiveOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:42 PM
  #83
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObjectiveOpinion View Post
That's what I mean, people don't really take that statement seriously, that's why I say he's overrated. I've watched all of his fights, and when it comes to people his height and weight and lower, he either edges them or wipes the floor with them. But take the data on his fights where the person he's fighting is either taller or heavier, and they're a little more mixed.

Sure, he TKO's Orr, edged out Shelley, but in my opinion lost to Clowe, draw with Niel, draw with Westgarth, draw with biz nasty, TKO'd by Parros, and got annihilated by Scott. McQuaid is 6'4 or 5, and somewhere around 210, though the Bruins roster still has him at the 197 he was 2 years ago.

All you can do is wait for a bigger sample size, but until then I'll consider him overrated mainly because he's just not big enough. Hopefully he proves me wrong because I'd love to see it.
Buddy, Adam McQuaid fights middleweights. There's no way he could beat Deryk Engelland. Deryk Engelland didn't get TKO'd by George Parros, and that fight he had against Ryane Clowe was a draw. And, size is irrelevant.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:11 AM
  #84
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 500
Fisher-Gaustad-McGratton
Weber-Klein (thought maybe Gill for size but Klein is actually a decent fighter)

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:55 AM
  #85
threeVo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 929
vCash: 500
Foligno - McCormick - Scott
Regehr Myers

We have no fighters on the backend, purely from a size/strength standpoint Myers would be able to overpower someone

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:12 AM
  #86
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeVo View Post
Foligno - McCormick - Scott
Regehr Myers

We have no fighters on the backend, purely from a size/strength standpoint Myers would be able to overpower someone
Regehr once beat up Greg Johnson, so um, yeah well you've got that....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
  #87
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 9,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Why do people keep posting line ups with a bunch of AHLers to make their team seem tough when in reality these guys wont play a lick?

This guy gets it. When I saw this thread title I was thinking of guys who, you know, might ACTUALLY be involved in an NHL line brawl if there were one.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:19 PM
  #88
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
This guy gets it. When I saw this thread title I was thinking of guys who, you know, might ACTUALLY be involved in an NHL line brawl if there were one.
Yup Detroit looks a lot tougher when I post a line up of

Grant - Callahan - Tootoo

Evans - Smith

Compared to

Tootoo - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi

Ericcson - Smith

Posting AHL guys I could make two legit line brawl line ups for the wings which in reality wont happen. I am happy the wings finally have a linne up they could put out theere of 5 experienced fighters though at least

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
  #89
Sheppy
Registered User
 
Sheppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Yellowknife, NWT
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,405
vCash: 500
Thornton - Lucic - MacDermid

Chara - McQuaid

Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:44 PM
  #90
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 9,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Yup Detroit looks a lot tougher when I post a line up of

Grant - Callahan - Tootoo

Evans - Smith

Compared to

Tootoo - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi

Ericcson - Smith

Posting AHL guys I could make two legit line brawl line ups for the wings which in reality wont happen. I am happy the wings finally have a linne up they could put out theere of 5 experienced fighters though at least


Oh yeah, forgot Tootoo signed with the Wings in the offseason. I'm gonna hate that guy more than ever this year.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:15 PM
  #91
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
For the Habs:

LW-Brandon Prust

C-Ryan White

RW-Travis Moen

D-P.K Subban

D-Josh Gorges

Goal-Carey Price

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:56 PM
  #92
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Foligno-McCormick-Scott

i think they could hang with alot of the lines teams could put out. Defense though??

Regher-Mcnabb? Id prolly just let kaleta and ott line up at defense lol

DJN21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:39 PM
  #93
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Mike Brown - David Steckel (I guess?) - Colton Orr

Dion Phaneuf - Mike Komisarek

If we can call up Jamie Devane for a game throw him in Steckel's spot
Id take fraser over phaneuf and komosarich

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.