HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Basketball
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Basketball NBA, NCAA, International

[OKC/HOU] James Harden for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations

Old
10-28-2012, 04:00 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

vCash: 50
Interesting stat I heard the other day. Apparently K-Mart (Can I call him that, or does Kenyon still have the TM?) was third in made 3's last year, and also lead the league in free throws made.

Might just be me, but if that's true, that's about as weird as combination of stats as you can find. You don't often get fouled on perimeter shooting.

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:11 AM
BwayBshirt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Lin
Harden
Parsons
Patterson
Asik

with Aldrich, Cook, White, Hayward etc off the bench is pretty not bad.

MIA, IND, BKN, are the best three teams in the east, BOS, PHI and CHI are very good but missing parts here and there. The Raptors aren't amazing, but they can compete with the Pistons, Hawks, Bucks and Wizards. I also lol'd that you have the Knicks as a lock for the playoffs. The average age of that team is "dead"
Thanks for answering. Had no idea what HOU's roster looked liked outside of those 3.

Lin is breathing a huge sigh of relief no doubt.

But also, there is zero doubt NY will make the playoffs. They won't do anything once they get there, but they will make it no question.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 04:53 AM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 692
If Kevin Martin is healthy he can be even better than Harden IMO, will see how it goes this year.

Enjoy the bucks James, but you lost a legit shot at a title...

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:13 AM
RECsGuy*

Miami Heat say, "Thank you."

RECsGuy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Interesting stat I heard the other day. Apparently K-Mart (Can I call him that, or does Kenyon still have the TM?) was third in made 3's last year, and also lead the league in free throws made.

Might just be me, but if that's true, that's about as weird as combination of stats as you can find. You don't often get fouled on perimeter shooting.
His primary offense is to get fouled, 3's are secondary. Nobody else's game is built like his. I read an amazing article about this a while back, but I can't find it now.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
OKC also gets Dallas first round pick this season. Dallas won't have Nowitzki for the first part of the season, and without him, they are probably not a good team. They're also in a conference that just got deeper with Houston getting Harden. If they don't get off to a good start, they may not be able to catch up, especially since Nowitzki is now 34. OKC might be looking at two lottery picks this season.
Dallas' pick is top 20 protected.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

OKC got more for Harden than the Magic got for Dwight. Lol.

Last edited by Bruv: 10-28-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:

He wasn't in the top 50 in either category last season. In the 2010 season he was third in 3's and tied for first in free throws.

I remember reading an article last winter where they talked about the new rules coming into play and how Martin is one of the guys who will be affected most by them. Two years ago he could swing his arms and jump into the defender and get the easy calls. That's one of the reasons why he led the league in made free throws. Last season he only played 40 games so that hurt him but he also wasn't getting those easy calls anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
If Kevin Martin is healthy he can be even better than Harden IMO, will see how it goes this year.

Enjoy the bucks James, but you lost a legit shot at a title...
Harden hasn't even reached his prime yet and he's already a lot better than Martin. He's only going to distance himself further from here on out.

I think OKC is worse this season after making the trade and Martin will most likely be gone next season so he'll be irrelevant in this trade. Lamb and the draft picks will determine who wins or loses the trade.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 03:01 PM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go

Just wanted to mention one of the 1st round picks Houston gave up was the Toronto's 1st round pick they sent them for Kyle Lowry. However it's lottery protected and it depends on how Toronto finishes in the standings to see if Oklahoma gets to use it at the 2013 Draft.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Just wanted to mention one of the 1st round picks Houston gave up was the Toronto's 1st round pick they sent them for Kyle Lowry. However it's lottery protected and it depends on how Toronto finishes in the standings to see if Oklahoma gets to use it at the 2013 Draft.
It's top 3 and 15-30 protected. So if it ends up being a pick in the 4-14 range (which it will), OKC will get it.

Old
10-28-2012, 03:30 PM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever
Go Leafs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
It's top 3 and 15-30 protected. So if it ends up being a pick in the 4-14 range (which it will), OKC will get it.
Thanks for posting the correct information.

MapleLeafsFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 05:04 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Harden hasn't even reached his prime yet and he's already a lot better than Martin. He's only going to distance himself further from here on out.

I think OKC is worse this season after making the trade and Martin will most likely be gone next season so he'll be irrelevant in this trade. Lamb and the draft picks will determine who wins or loses the trade.
It's going to be interesting to see how Harden adapts to being the go-to guy in Houston, having all the opposition's top defender and double teams on him game in and game out. Personally, I don't think he has that killer instinct in him. He's very creative offensively, but to be one of the top stars in the league, he'll have to consistently get those tough points from the mid-range to the paint area. It's not something that takes creativity, it just take the guts and determination.

I think OKC will be able to keep Martin, though at a much lower salary than what he is making now however. They're much better off keeping him than Perkins, who doesn't do much these days except provide a verteran presence.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 05:50 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Gutsy move by the Rockets. If Harden can handle having a team's top perimeter defender on him nightly, he'll be a very good addition. If not, this trade totally blows up in Houston's face.

I think it will go hand-in-hand with the Lin acquisition. Either both will develop into starters, or both will be out of their depth and Houston will struggle.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Dylonus

Love it for the Thunder. What was Houston thinking?

two 1st rounders in 2013, a second, Lamb and Martin? All they got with Harden that was worthwhile was Aldrich.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

It's boom or bust for the Harden & Lin backcourt.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post

two 1st rounders in 2013, a second, Lamb and Martin? All they got with Harden that was worthwhile was Aldrich.
I love it for Houston.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:13 PM
CycloneLaunch

Quote:
It's going to be interesting to see how Harden adapts to being the go-to guy in Houston, having all the opposition's top defender and double teams on him game in and game out. Personally, I don't think he has that killer instinct in him. He's very creative offensively, but to be one of the top stars in the league, he'll have to consistently get those tough points from the mid-range to the paint area. It's not something that takes creativity, it just take the guts and determination.

I think OKC will be able to keep Martin, though at a much lower salary than what he is making now however. They're much better off keeping him than Perkins, who doesn't do much these days except provide a verteran presence.
Perkins might be a bit more handy than he was last year with more games against Dwight Howard.

CycloneLaunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

The Lin//Harden back court is dying for a nickname

The NBA's biggest Hipster combined with the only Asian

Also, I have a feeling that playing Aldrich at the 4 with Asik at 5, will be a dominating interior presence, (If Patrick Patterson isn't cut out for starter's minutes right away anyway)

Old
10-28-2012, 11:32 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post

NBA franchises live and die with star players. Harden is a potential star. Houston had to pull the trigger on that. It's unlikely anybody they traded away ever becomes a star in the league. In the NBA, if you get the best player in the deal, it's always a win. The situation is different for OKC however. They didn't get the best player, but they didn't need to. They filled an important hole and got some bench help plus futures. Good trade for both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneLaunch View Post
Perkins might be a bit more handy than he was last year with more games against Dwight Howard.
Perkins is injury prone and despite his age (27), he has A LOT of miles on him. He's already starting to break down. I don't think he has many years left in him.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
NBA franchises live and die with star players. Harden is a potential star. Houston had to pull the trigger on that. It's unlikely anybody they traded away ever becomes a star in the league. In the NBA, if you get the best player in the deal, it's always a win. The situation is different for OKC however. They didn't get the best player, but they didn't need to. They filled an important hole and got some bench help plus futures. Good trade for both sides.
This is true.

Stars can also help attract other stars. Harden isn't a star yet but if he takes the next step this season, he could help bring in another star player in the offseason. Paul and Howard are unlikely but a guy like Josh Smith would be a great addition to the team.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Bruv
to here knows when

Harden will score 24+ PPG this season. Last season, he scored 29 PPG per 36 minutes while sharing the court with Durant and Westbrook. Imagine what he could do with the Rockets, being the best scoring option on the team.

I predict a 24.9/4.0/4.5 line from Harden this year.

Last edited by Bruv: 10-29-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old
10-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Nalyd Psycho

Keep in mind that Houston has young talent to spare, they had too many to give minutes to. They still have too many bigs...

Quote:

Jerebeard Lin?

Quote:
Also, I have a feeling that playing Aldrich at the 4 with Asik at 5, will be a dominating interior presence, (If Patrick Patterson isn't cut out for starter's minutes right away anyway)
Aldrich is probably farther behind in development than Patterson, Motijunas, White and Jones...

10-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:

I saw someone on another forum call them Rush Hour.

Old
10-29-2012, 02:37 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

Quote:
I saw someone on another forum call them Rush Hour.

Old
10-29-2012, 02:56 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

My skill with MS Paint is clearly without equal