HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The amazin and blazin Luca Ciampini

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
The amazin and blazin Luca Ciampini

13th win in a row for the Mooseheads today and he(Ciampini) had another 3 A today.

Ciampini is on fire ....steal for Habs fans.

15 games 19pts and is plus 15
http://theqmjhl.ca/roster/show/id/7193

Second line catalyst for red-hot Mooseheads

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/...hot-mooseheads

Quote:
When Boudreau and Ciampini showed good chemistry as a duo in the early going, it was just a matter of finding the right winger to round out the line.

“They’ve been playing some great hockey,” Ashley said. “One thing that’s noticeable from last year is they’ve really picked up their defensive play. They’re playing hard at both ends of the rink and that’s why we’re getting so many chances at the offensive end.”
Quote:
“Boudreau and Luca have really gone on a hot streak,” Drouin said. “Goals are going in and they’re getting a lot of points and helping the team win. It’s nice to have some secondary help if we don’t have our best game. It’s really good to have some depth.”

Last edited by Habaneros: 10-28-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old
10-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
13th win in a row for the Mooseheads today and he(Ciampini) had another 3 A today.

Ciampini is on fire ....steal for Habs fans.

15 games 19pts and is plus 15
http://theqmjhl.ca/roster/show/id/7193

Second line catalyst for red-hot Mooseheads

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/...hot-mooseheads
Habs don't have his rights or anything, they just invited him to camp.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Habs don't have his rights or anything, they just invited him to camp.
put the bank on Habs giving him a contract.

Big steal for Habs.Looks like it works.

Quote:
Ciampini signed up for a month-long camp with Montreal Canadiens power-skating guru Paul Lawson in Arnprior, Ont., and began the process of addressing his biggest weakness.

“I should have been doing it my whole career,” said Ciampini, who plans to use the lessons learned from that camp to continue improving throughout the season. “I feel much better on the ice than before, more efficient. That was my No. 1 focus this year and that’s what I worked at to get to the next level.”

Last edited by Habaneros: 10-28-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old
10-28-2012, 09:03 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if there's no season, and there's no camp, Ciampini will go right back into the draft and all 30 teams have a crack at him.

Unless the Habs like his play so much they decide to offer him a contract without seeing him up close.

Old
10-28-2012, 11:03 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
AFAIK habs don't own him so all he's doing is impressing 30 teams. The ONLY benefit is he may appreciate the habs belief in him early and stick with us if he indeed is that good.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:06 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if there's no season, and there's no camp, Ciampini will go right back into the draft and all 30 teams have a crack at him.

Unless the Habs like his play so much they decide to offer him a contract without seeing him up close.
That's correct unless the NHL makes changes to the new cba that would impact undrafted FA's. Under the old rules since he was passed over last summer, we could have signed him up until the deadline, after that he has to go back into the draft. If he's passed over again he'll be a FA (though I don't see him being passed over again at least based off the one game I saw)

Would be cool of the NHL to give teams a small signing window for teams that invited undrafted CHL FA's since they were cheated of the chance to work them out at training camp since there wasn't one. But I don't expect that to happen, as the CHL would not be happy at the risk of the NHL taking a player after the season has already started.

Looks like the draft is going to have some interesting overagers in Ciampini and Lipon (Bozon's linemate who was invited to the Avs camp).

Old
10-29-2012, 11:10 AM
yoyo999

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

How does this work? 2 other confusing draft situatuons I can think of are Tanner Pearson and Mark Streit. Pearson wasn't picked until his 3rd draft I believe and Streit was 27. Why would Montreal draft Streit and not just sing him? Ditto pearson?

I always thought that once you declare for the draft and aren't picked you officially become a free agent.

Can anyone elaborate?

Old
10-29-2012, 11:33 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo999 View Post
How does this work? 2 other confusing draft situatuons I can think of are Tanner Pearson and Mark Streit. Pearson wasn't picked until his 3rd draft I believe and Streit was 27. Why would Montreal draft Streit and not just sing him? Ditto pearson?

I always thought that once you declare for the draft and aren't picked you officially become a free agent.

Can anyone elaborate?
Different CBAs. Back when Streit was drafted, you couldn't sign overaged players from Europe - you had to draft them. Now in the new CBA, after a certain age (20?) they're no longer draft eligible and can be signed as free agents (like Diaz for example).

For Pearson, I'm too lazy to look up the exact rulings, but you can remain draft eligible until you're 20 - so someone like Pearson could pass through 3 drafts. A team could choose to sign you though, if you've already passed your draft year without being selected. If you don't get signed, you go back in the draft as an overager (ex: Lipon, Ciampini, etc).

Old
10-31-2012, 12:50 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

It's funny cuz people were putting the guy under the bus not long ago

Now everyone's saying he's on fire

I never watched the guy play, but if he's playing good I'm happy for him!

Old
10-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
put the bank on Habs giving him a contract.

Big steal for Habs.Looks like it works.
Power skating in Arnprior ? Doubt that will help him much. All those people can't skate

He'll probably get drafted before the habs can sign him. C'est la vie.

Old
10-31-2012, 03:49 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
It's funny cuz people were putting the guy under the bus not long ago

Now everyone's saying he's on fire

I never watched the guy play, but if he's playing good I'm happy for him!
Mainly because of his haircut though.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:06 PM
stubbadub

I think not being drafted really made him step up his conditioning. He's big now. Last season I noticed him just floating along the bottom 6, but this year he's actually put on significant size and has become more than a serviceable secondary scoring winger. Putting him on with Mac and Drou would only blow up his stats, but Fournier (who also needs an NHL team to look at him [I'd kill to see Dallas take a number on him]) is doing a great job using his size to open that line up.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:29 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Deservedly so.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-01-2012, 06:00 AM
HabsIslesFan

Ciampini had a similar start last season for about 20 games before his scoring stopped and eventually he was a healthy scratch in the playoffs.

He looks like a much different player this year as far as skating is concerned from what I have seen of him but hopefully he can continue to put points up all season as was expected when the Moose brought him here with the 2nd overall pick two years ago.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

17 games
11 goals
12 asst
23 pts...

Old
11-05-2012, 07:33 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Nice and all but I'm not going to celebrate until he is signed by Habs and putting up numbers in the NHL. Until then he is just another undrafted junior player which does not always translate well to the NHL.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

There's a great attitude with all mooseheads this year.. Even Frk is playing well.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_Scotia_Vees View Post
There's a great attitude with all mooseheads this year.. Even Frk is playing well.
So true, and the effect basically goes right down the lineup. I think they basically have 3 forward lines and two defense pairings filled with players in double digit points already this season, lol. Probably an even better lineup top to bottom than back in the Tanguay and Giguere/Leclaire days.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 11-05-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old
11-05-2012, 10:20 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I agree

LOL

Old
11-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
So true, and the effect basically goes right down the lineup. I think they basically have 3 forward lines and two defense pairings filled with players in double digit points already this season, lol. Probably an even better lineup top to bottom than back in the Tanguay and Giguere/Leclair days.
And Nagy

Old
11-05-2012, 01:55 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
There's not much point in keeping this open since Ciampini is in no way Habs property. Since he's eligible to be drafted this year, why not take all Ciampini discussion to the 2013 Draft sticky at the top of the board.

Closed Thread