HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leaf Lounge v. 86: No Spam Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

vCash: 500
Hey Rasky, u mad bro?

I'm doing a Data project where I have to take a Disney short story and incorporate things we learned into it. I'm doing the Rescuers Down Under lol

Old
10-28-2012, 05:56 PM
RaskY
GLG

maybe just talking it out on here will lead me to three points.

I mean I think those "unalienable" rights are still upheld today because every person IMO still has the right to "life" obviously, they have the right to be free and speak what they believe in, even though sometimes it could be consequential they still have that right to liberty, and every man still has the right to pursuit happiness. But like I don't know how to find three points that support this like wtf lol

Old
10-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
maybe just talking it out on here will lead me to three points.

I mean I think those "unalienable" rights are still upheld today because every person IMO still has the right to "life" obviously, they have the right to be free and speak what they believe in, even though sometimes it could be consequential they still have that right to liberty, and every man still has the right to pursuit happiness. But like I don't know how to find three points that support this like wtf lol
Maybe your 3 points could be comparing to places where those are not upheld. For example, NHL owners do not have the right to free speech. In fact their speech is pretty damn expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baarle View Post
Hey Rasky, u mad bro?

I'm doing a Data project where I have to take a Disney short story and incorporate things we learned into it. I'm doing the Rescuers Down Under lol
And how the hell is that related to data? I can't think of any connections haha.

This person is in a show (no longer making new episodes) that I'm sure you have all seen.

Last edited by Hurt: 10-28-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old
10-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
And how the hell is that related to data? I can't think of any connections haha.
You have to add stuff to it to relate. Like our example is the 3 little pigs. First pig builds house. House can be made out of 3 products, 2 floor plans and in 3 areas. How many combinations? Its ****ed I know haha

Old
10-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
You have to add stuff to it to relate. Like our example is the 3 little pigs. First pig builds house. House can be made out of 3 products, 2 floor plans and in 3 areas. How many combinations? Its ****ed I know haha
It sounds to me like the teacher was trying to make it a 'fun' assignment by making you do it related to a disney short story. To me it just seems like having to do more work for something that is fairly simple.

Old
10-28-2012, 06:31 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Sundays are so depressing

Old
10-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
All I want to do is play CoD but my xbox is taking like 20min to update!

10-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Sundays are so depressing

Have one of these

COWBOYS COMPLETE THE COMEBACK!!!! Amazing catch.

Although maybe not, under review.

Edit: Call on the field was reversed, Cowboys don't complete the comeback.

I think it's time to turn off the football games and do my assignment...I did my quiz already.

Last edited by Grant: 10-28-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old
10-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

Quote:
It sounds to me like the teacher was trying to make it a 'fun' assignment by making you do it related to a disney short story. To me it just seems like having to do more work for something that is fairly simple.
Yea, I'm aware. It blows

Old
10-28-2012, 07:30 PM
RaskY
GLG

Quote:
Maybe your 3 points could be comparing to places where those are not upheld. For example, NHL owners do not have the right to free speech. In fact their speech is pretty damn expensive.
**** my laptop just shut off for like 40 minutes, and wouldn't turn on. Honestly I have the worst luck sometimes, like why would it do this tonight. And hm, this is interesting, but like how am I proving my point by comparing it with the NHL lol. And that's only one point, idk **** this is frustrating as ****. Don't think I don't appreciate the help tho Grant I'm just pissed off right now.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Predaleafs

Quote:

Please explain cuz im drawing a blank?

Old
10-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
**** my laptop just shut off for like 40 minutes, and wouldn't turn on. Honestly I have the worst luck sometimes, like why would it do this tonight. And hm, this is interesting, but like how am I proving my point by comparing it with the NHL lol. And that's only one point, idk **** this is frustrating as ****. Don't think I don't appreciate the help tho Grant I'm just pissed off right now.
It kind of proves your point by showing it is worse elsewhere. Not the best method by any means, but kind of does the job. Like I said before, I think as long as you are firm in your stance you will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaleafs View Post
Please explain cuz im drawing a blank?
Just try and guess where you recognize her from haha. Because I think she looks way different in that than her role in the tv show she was in.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:50 PM
RaskY
GLG

I don't know man I can't even think straight right now. And this essay is already late, school is honestly becoming too much to handle right now and it's really stressing me out.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Predaleafs

Quote:
It kind of proves your point by showing it is worse elsewhere. Not the best method by any means, but kind of does the job. Like I said before, I think as long as you are firm in your stance you will be fine.

Just try and guess where you recognize her from haha. Because I think she looks way different in that than her role in the tv show she was in.
Shes the chick from Zoey 101 ahah i googled her to find out! As someone who is 21 and 5 months younger than her she grow up to be really hot, i had a massive crush on her thats how i remember her!

Old
10-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

Quote:
Shes the chick from Zoey 101 ahah i googled her to find out! As someone who is 21 and 5 months younger than her she grow up to be really hot, i had a massive crush on her thats how i remember her!
holy **** the nerdy one right? hahahaaha that's awesome

Old
10-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Terrence

vCash: 1026

Old
10-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Epictetus
Create yourself.

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't know man I can't even think straight right now. And this essay is already late, school is honestly becoming too much to handle right now and it's really stressing me out.
Aren't you in high-school? It just gets harder man, take these problems you have now as a stepping-stone towards self-improvement. Seriously, that's the only way you will see it as worth it. You're like the Olympic athlete who wants to win a gold medal but doesn't want to go through the training process.

As for your question, this is a possible outline:

Start in your introductory paragraph by defining what unalienable rights of individuals as stated in the Declaration (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness) constitute. Afterwords, your thesis will be a simple statement in terms of yes/no of the definition your provided, and if it is upheld today. So, for example, mine is: "I will argue that the unalienable rights of individuals are not upheld today". Next, state how you will argue it. So, for example, mine again: I will argue this by first showing the discrepancy between the rich and poor, and how the same rights that are suppose to be equal for all citizens are not actually equally for all citizens. I will then show how these unalienable rights are continually infringed upon by corporations and government officials (Patriot Act, War on Terrorism, Airport Security, etc.) Lastly, I will show how the unalienable rights have never really been there to begin with (I made a huge post on this a couple lounge pages back).

So, to summarize what I said:

Introduction:
-Definition of what unalienable rights of individuals as stated in the Declaration (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness) constitute.
-Thesis statement: Simple yes or no based on your definition if you think it is upheld today.
-How you will argue for your thesis: state what the topic of each body paragraph will be.

Body Paragraphs:
- Introduce the topic heading/what you will be arguing in the paragraph.
-Give two arguments in support of it (I said two arguments since I believe you said the paper is only 500-700 words; you might only need one argument per point per paragraph. I dunno.).
-Conclusion sentence for the paragraph.

Repeat this 3 times.

Conclusion:
-Basically here, since your format is already clear and it makes no sense to restate your arguments, summarize what the argument amounts to. So, what does it mean for America if unalienable rights are not upheld? Think big picture stuff.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Epic

Old
10-28-2012, 08:16 PM
JMcLeaf
Culture change

vCash: 3536
Epic:

Terrence: Welcome back man. How was the trip?

Old
10-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Quote:
holy **** the nerdy one right? hahahaaha that's awesome
Yeah the nerdy one. Take off those glasses and there is a huge transformation haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
How's it going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
Aren't you in high-school? It just gets harder man, take these problems you have now as a stepping-stone towards self-improvement. Seriously, that's the only way you will see it as worth it. You're like the Olympic athlete who wants to win a gold medal but doesn't want to go through the training process.

Start in your introductory paragraph by defining what unalienable rights of individuals as stated in the Declaration (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness) constitute. Afterwords, your thesis will be a simple statement in terms of yes/no of the definition your provided, and if it is upheld today. So, for example, mine is: "I will argue that the unalienable rights of individuals are not upheld today". Next, state how you will argue it. So, for example, mine again: I will argue this by first showing the discrepancy between the rich and poor, and how the same rights that are suppose to be equal for all citizens are not actually equally for all citizens. I will then show how these unalienable rights are continually infringed upon by corporations and government officials (Patriot Act, War on Terrorism, Airport Security, etc.) Lastly, I will show how the unalienable rights have never really been there to begin with (I made a huge post on this a couple lounge pages back).

Introduction:
-Definition of what unalienable rights of individuals as stated in the Declaration (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness) constitute.
-Thesis statement: Simple yes or no based on your definition if you think it is upheld today.
-How you will argue for your thesis: state what the topic of each body paragraph will be.

Body Paragraphs:
-Give two arguments in support of it (I said two arguments since I believe you said the paper is only 500-700 words; you might only need one argument per point per paragraph. I dunno.).

Repeat this 3 times.

Conclusion:
-Basically here, since your format is already clear and it makes no sense to restate your arguments, summarize what the argument amounts to. So, what does it mean for America if unalienable rights are not upheld? Think big picture stuff.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Epic
Epic to the rescue once again.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:25 PM
RaskY
GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post

Introduction:

Body Paragraphs:

Repeat this 3 times.

Conclusion:

Hope this helps.

Best,

Epic
Thanks Epic, so in your example these would be your three points?

Quote:
showing the discrepancy between the rich and poor, and how the same rights that are suppose to be equal for all citizens are not actually equally for all citizens. I will then show how these unalienable rights are continually infringed upon by corporations and government officials (Patriot Act, War on Terrorism, Airport Security, etc.) Lastly, I will show how the unalienable rights have never really been there to begin with
- The discrepancy between the rich and poor and how the same rights aren't actually equal for all citizens.

- Corporations and government officials continually breaking these rights.

- These rights have never really been there to begin with.

?

I appreciate the help, it's finding three points to talk about that support my opinion that I'm ****ing losing it on! I'm not even sure I agree with whether or not the unalienable rights are upheld today!

edit: and yeah I'm in grade 12. Just these past few weeks have been so annoying and I feel like I have so much on my shoulders. Law notes in cue card form due Wednesday, Law essay due on the 7th, Law ISU seminar on the 14th, this history essay due tomorrow, 6+ history questions for homework, visual designs project due tomorrow, ****! And on top of all that it's already always hard enough for me to concentrate on school

Old
10-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Terrence

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Terrence: Welcome back man. How was the trip?
Pretty sick. Can't go wrong with free beers and free food. Only bummer was it rained for 3 days.

Quote:
How's it going?
Tired. Long day of traveling.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
Pretty sick. Can't go wrong with free beers and free food. Only bummer was it rained for 3 days.

Tired. Long day of traveling.
I would rather be tired from a long day of traveling than why I'm tired which is due to lack of sleep and homework

Old
10-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Chances that school will be cancelled tomorrow ?

Old
10-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Chances that school will be cancelled tomorrow ?
Whats up with tomorrow? Haven't heard of anything in my area. Just the storm?

Old
10-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Whats up with tomorrow? Haven't heard of anything in my area. Just the storm?
Yea. I just don't feel like studying for physics or bio now l

Closed Thread