HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leaf Lounge v. 86: No Spam Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2012, 01:48 AM
  #976
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome
 
MeowLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baconland
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
TWD was intense
Carl & Beth. Bow chicka wow wow.

MeowLeafs is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 03:47 AM
  #977
JMcLeaf
Unregistered User
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 18,261
vCash: 3290

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 08:26 AM
  #978
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,877
vCash: 500
I'm so sorry to hear that Rasky. Luckily, it's in an early stage so hopefully he'll get over it rather quickly. All you guys can do is be strong for him and support him.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 09:29 AM
  #979
BertCorbeau
Global Moderator
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,932
vCash: 500
Sorry to hear that Rasky, keep strong buddy .. Thoughts are with ya

Morning lounge

BertCorbeau is online now  
Old
11-05-2012, 11:44 AM
  #980
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,629
vCash: 816
Morning Bert. This place has been dead lately.

Schenn is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:04 PM
  #981
Terrence
Registered User
 
Terrence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,210
vCash: 1026
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...271687&page=41

Why did MM bump this?

Terrence is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:20 PM
  #982
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Seattle/Europe
Posts: 6,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Morning Bert. This place has been dead lately.
No kidding, it's been really slow.

legendinblue is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:25 PM
  #983
Chandrashekhar Limit
Manchistah Yernited
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,427
vCash: 283
If you had to rank the top 5 rock/alternate bands of the decade (2000-2012), who would they be?

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 12:38 PM
  #984
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,531
vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
Showing Rasky how asking someone to hang out is done


Last edited by Grant: 11-05-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Grant is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:57 PM
  #985
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,629
vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
If you had to rank the top 5 rock/alternate bands of the decade (2000-2012), who would they be?
Black Keys seem to be the only relevant name in like 5+ years. (as far as mainstream)

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82088&dateline=135762  5592
Schenn is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:25 PM
  #986
RaskY
GLG
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Showing Rasky how asking someone to hang out is done
lmao i got dis

RaskY is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:36 PM
  #987
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome
 
LeafsMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,417
vCash: 500
So much work to do... So I'll start it in a couple of hours

LeafsMonster is online now  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:40 PM
  #988
RaskY
GLG
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,981
vCash: 500
Same. Gotta start my Serial Killers essay tonight. Also starting my War Criminals powerpoint. I love making powerpoints cuz I can mess around with the backgrounds and make them look really cool, like for each of my slides I'm just gonna put a war painting as the background with pictures/text on top, just cuz it looks so cool lol. And also interesting, I hate it when people use just a white background and plain black text. Might as-well make it look nice lol

RaskY is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:44 PM
  #989
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
Same. Gotta start my Serial Killers essay tonight. Also starting my War Criminals powerpoint. I love making powerpoints cuz I can mess around with the backgrounds and make them look really cool, like for each of my slides I'm just gonna put a war painting as the background with pictures/text on top, just cuz it looks so cool lol. And also interesting, I hate it when people use just a white background and plain black text. Might as-well make it look nice lol
That's what grown up PPs are like.

Hurt is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:48 PM
  #990
JMcLeaf
Unregistered User
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 18,261
vCash: 3290
I like black background with white text. I throw in some effects to make it look pro.

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:59 PM
  #991
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,531
vCash: 95
I always tried to make my backgrounds colour similar to what the presentation is on. But I try to avoid pictures since it can be hard to get a good colour font that is easily readable anywhere on the slide.

Edit: The last powerpoint I created was a project for International Business on France. I think what I did was had France Flag stretched out across the top of each slide and contained the topic, made sure to pick a flag that had light colours as opposed to dark so black showed up really well. And then we got a picture of the Eiffel Tower someone in my group took, cause it had a really light blue background, and used it as the background since black again showed up very well on it.

War photos could be tough to get a font, you don't really want to have multiple colours of fonts all over the screen, black and white fonts I don't think in general would show up very well for war photos but it really does depend on the picture.


Last edited by Grant: 11-05-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Grant is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 03:04 PM
  #992
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome
 
LeafsMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I like black background with white text. I throw in some effects to make it look pro.
Same. I make it look nice, yet simple. Doing too much with the background can take away from the work

LeafsMonster is online now  
Old
11-05-2012, 03:14 PM
  #993
JMcLeaf
Unregistered User
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 18,261
vCash: 3290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I always tried to make my backgrounds colour similar to what the presentation is on. But I try to avoid pictures since it can be hard to get a good colour font that is easily readable anywhere on the slide.

Edit: The last powerpoint I created was a project for International Business on France. I think what I did was had France Flag stretched out across the top of each slide and contained the topic, made sure to pick a flag that had light colours as opposed to dark so black showed up really well. And then we got a picture of the Eiffel Tower someone in my group took, cause it had a really light blue background, and used it as the background since black again showed up very well on it.

War photos could be tough to get a font, you don't really want to have multiple colours of fonts all over the screen, black and white fonts I don't think in general would show up very well for war photos but it really does depend on the picture.
He could put the text in coloured text boxes and then lower the opacity of the text box. This way you can still kind of see the background pic behind the text while still being able to see the text.

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 04:12 PM
  #994
JMcLeaf
Unregistered User
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 18,261
vCash: 3290
how long does it take you guys to grow a good stache

kamo is making the new lounge

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 04:14 PM
  #995
RaskY
GLG
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,981
vCash: 500
Here is my cover page



edit: and I usually shave every couple of days, but I'm gonna see how I look if I grew some facial hair. I already have a stache coming in, last time I shaved was the morning of 31st.

RaskY is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 04:16 PM
  #996
Terrence
Registered User
 
Terrence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,210
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
how long does it take you guys to grow a good stache
Infinity.

Terrence is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 04:35 PM
  #997
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,629
vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
how long does it take you guys to grow a good stache

kamo is making the new lounge
About 2 weeks to get 6 nasty chin hairs. That's it.

Schenn is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
  #998
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,531
vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
how long does it take you guys to grow a good stache

kamo is making the new lounge
I can't grow a good stache period so my excuse is I have an interview coming up and want to be clean shaven for it so no point in trying at all this month haha.

Grant is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 04:47 PM
  #999
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,655
vCash: 500
MoMo was drunk

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 04:49 PM
  #1000
JMcLeaf
Unregistered User
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 18,261
vCash: 3290
1000!

JMcLeaf is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.