HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Universal Trade/Lineup Thread PT 2: Offseason Trade Deadline at 12am!

Old
10-30-2012, 09:42 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
I'll see ya'll tomorrow... hopefully get some games in.

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 09:43 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
Malkin's not going anywhere!
Oh, he's definitely going somewhere...

Straight to the bank!

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 09:45 PM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Oh, he's definitely going somewhere...

Straight to the bank!
That's very true. I'm giving him the Dallas Cowboy cheerleading squad as a signing bonus!

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 09:46 PM
HaroldDruken

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
Montreal and Dallas sneak in last minute offseason trade!

The Montreal Canadiens and Dallas Stars have snuck in a last minute offseason trade. The Habs have cleared even more cap-space (and a log-jam on defence) by trading Tomas Kaberle, Ryan Clowe and a 4th rounder to the Dallas Stars. In return the Habs receive a much needed faceoff wiz in Vernon Fiddler, as well as Eric Nystrom and interesting prospect Colton Sceviour.

This will count as the Canadiens' 2013 regular season trade and my lineup/block is up to date.
Confirmed.

Old
10-30-2012, 09:47 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1219 View Post
No Bane quote?

Here ill do it for you...

"Calm down Tambellini! Now's not the time for fear. That comes later."
ahah was saving the Bane for the season

"The fire rises"

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 09:50 PM
matt1396

Quote:
That's very true. I'm giving him the Dallas Cowboy cheerleading squad as a signing bonus!
Malkin is headed back to Pittsburgh, he misses playing here... jks I don't have the cap space to sign him nor do I want to sign him.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 09:50 PM
HaroldDruken

I love how there's 21 people viewing this thread right now!

Old
10-30-2012, 09:52 PM
HaroldDruken

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
Malkin is headed back to Pittsburgh, he misses playing here... jks I don't have the cap space to sign him nor do I want to sign him.
He misses the Stanley Cup... does not miss being Sid's shadow though!

Old
10-30-2012, 09:53 PM
avsfan89

Being out of the playoffs first round and this offseason has given me more time to train lol

been playing Online Ranked matches,

21-4-4

I'm hungry for that cup! bring on the season

Old
10-30-2012, 09:54 PM
matt1396

Quote:
He misses the Stanley Cup... does not miss being Sid's shadow though!
that's why I moved him out, I love him to death in real life being a huge Penguins fan but I feel like he deserves to be the star on his own team. Although I don't want that in real life

Old
10-30-2012, 09:55 PM
DoubleK81

Regarding this whole mess - It should have been COMMON SENSE, you see Lucic Marchand Horton all sitting there in the menu, do you REALLY think that a GM would just let them all walk? Its like previous season where all these players would disappear on waivers after a sim, everyone should use a little common sense.

Looking at this from the commish' POV, had it just been Lucic i'm sure the aforementioned trade back +3rd would be the compensation, but seeing as it was multiple players to the same team he decided to be harsh with it.

DoubleK81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 10:03 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Advancing now

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 10:05 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Advancing now
to the regular season? I hope so.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:09 PM
HabsIslesFan

Quote:
Advancing now
I shouldn't be this excited about a video game but I can't help it haha

HabsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 10:13 PM
dunner

Wild threw some serious cash around during free agency bringing much needed depth and experience.

Wild Gm managed to attract all 4 of his targets with 1 year lucrative deals.

Backstrom 10.7 mil

Langenbrunner 4 mil

Cleary 5 mil

Dvorak 2.5 mil

Although nobody catches your eye in the list they are a heck of a lot better than the guys who were there before. Other offseason moves include bringing in Logan Couture and Carl Hagelin be prepared for a much tougher team to play against than last year.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Gonna be a while I'm guessing. Advancing though free agency is gonna take a while three days at a time...

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 10:14 PM
matt1396

@darrendreger "hearing that the Penguins are about to announce a monster deal, more to come"

Old
10-30-2012, 10:16 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
Wild threw some serious cash around during free agency bringing much needed depth and experience.

Wild Gm managed to attract all 4 of his targets with 1 year lucrative deals.

Backstrom 10.7 mil

Langenbrunner 4 mil

Cleary 5 mil

Dvorak 2.5 mil

Although nobody catches your eye in the list they are a heck of a lot better than the guys who were there before. Other offseason moves include bringing in Logan Couture and Carl Hagelin be prepared for a much tougher team to play against than last year.
some serious spending! 10.7 for a goalie lol i think that's the highest a goalie's ever made in a season if I'm correct on that assumption (cap hit wise)

Old
10-30-2012, 10:16 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by opel898 View Post
sorry i dont site at my computer all day waiting for fuss to update. i got online late last night saw they were available and tried to capitalize should be your lose but what ever
Quote:
i work a full time job....im not on hf 24/7. with the amount of posts that go on in these threads it pretty easy to miss stuff.
Quote:
also i think taking every draft pick to be a little crazy. im all up for giving the player back but cause he was late punting in his offers i have to sacrifice my whole year of draft picks.....come on fuss that's a little ridiculous. i have no problem giving players back. like i said i didnt have time to wait all day to see who wasnt available so when i saw them as ufas i wanted them seeing as i had a spare 16 mil to spend.
1) You are giving your 2014 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to Boston because Marchand was an RFA and the normal compensation for an Offersheet of $5.7 million is a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. He was specifically on the Untouchable List because there was an issue with the Boston GM and his contracts.

2) You cant just give him back. As far as i know, Marchand asked for significantly less than what you offered and you only offered him $5.7 million because you had the cap space to do so. Now the Boston GM cant afford him and theres no way to make his salary go down.

3) As far as you not being on 24/7 and all of that garbage, what the hell do i ask of my GMs thats so demanding? I ask that you keep an updated trade block/lineup, send out messages to your opponents to schedule your games, and poke your head in on HF Boards frequently enough so you dont miss anything. That list of Untouchable Players was up since 8am yesterday. If you cant check the website of the league your in once in a 13 hours span on such an important day as the first day of Free Agency then i dont know what to tell you pal.

It even says in the thread title "SEE POST #5"! Is that not enough of a beacon to you? You can stay out of the league. I ask so freaking little of you GMs and the GMs who can't even follow simple instructions have no place in this league. By your "not sitting at my computer all day" nonsense, you've single handedly damaged the Bruins and the Flyers and caused a nights worth of unneeded drama.

You're out of the league. Thank you for being a pain in the ass.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:18 PM
matt1396

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

2014 PIT 1st round pick
Brown
Kennedy

Nash
Brodziak

With the season looming Pittsburgh has made a huge pickup in acquiring Rick Nash from the New York Rangers. Here is what GM Matt had to say:

"We here in Pittsburgh are extremely excited to welcome Rick Nash to the team. But before that we would like to thank Tyler Kennedy for his years of service here, and we apologize to Dustin Brown as this is a large inconvenience to him but we felt like this move was necessary. As for Nash we get one of the best Snipers this league can offer and he is a guy who isn't afraid to use his body. He has slick hands and good vision and we are definitely excited to have him here in Pittsburgh. Our goal at the beginning of the offseason was to have a more defensive minded 2nd line, and with Nash we definitely fulfill that. As for Brodziak he is a character guy, he can hit, grind, and he is an excellent guy to have on the PK which is something we needed here in Pittsburgh. Overall i'm pleased with this move as I believe we now have the best top 6 the league has to offer with guys like Sid, Eriksson, Heatley, Roy and now Rick Nash we are definitely a harder team to match up against."

(I know were to late to get this trade in before the advance but we are both fine waiting until the 2nd period to acquire our players)

Old
10-30-2012, 10:22 PM
dunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
some serious spending! 10.7 for a goalie lol i think that's the highest a goalie's ever made in a season if I'm correct on that assumption (cap hit wise)
Haha yeah he wanted a 4 year deal 7.5 per but I have Gibson as a prospect who turns into a monster and I had like 27 million in cap. He asked for like 10.2 on a 1 year deal I tacked on the rest so that he wouldn't think twice, I could't play another year with Harding in the pipes.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 10:24 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

I have decided that i'm going to have Boston trade back the 2015 1st round pick to the Flyers. Forgot exactly who said this but its not fair to the next GM to take over Philadelphia to be without a 2015 1st. However, the 2014 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are still Boston's because that is the proper RFA compensation for an Offersheet.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:24 PM
NYRMatt

Send a message via AIM to NYRMatt Send a message via MSN to NYRMatt
Waiting patiently for the sim to fix my roster disasters.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 10:26 PM
NYRMatt

Send a message via AIM to NYRMatt Send a message via MSN to NYRMatt
Quote:
I have decided that i'm going to have Boston trade back the 2015 1st round pick to the Flyers. Forgot exactly who said this but its not fair to the next GM to take over Philadelphia to be without a 2015 1st. However, the 2014 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are still Boston's because that is the proper RFA compensation for an Offersheet.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned it. But, I think that's the direction to go.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 10:27 PM
HabsIslesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
Waiting patiently for the sim to fix my roster disasters.
ANy idea how long these sims usually take?

HabsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote