HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Be a GM - Team Strategies for simming

Old
11-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Benny FTW
C===Benny

vCash: 137
Be a GM - Team Strategies for simming

What strategies do you guys use for different team styles? And for line strategies what do you guys use for different line styles?

Ive really wondered for defensemen if the cycle or shoot slider makes a difference on points. Also how much the energy slider makes a difference.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:36 AM
korndog81

vCash: 500
Good questions, I wonder if you get more injurys if you turn the energy slider up?

korndog81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 03:00 PM
korndog81

Anyone have any insight into this?

korndog81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Benny FTW
C===Benny

vCash: 137
I cant find anything from google.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Pucker77

I cant remember my strategies exactly but I know a lot of people complain about injuries in the leagues I play in and I rarely have my top 6 players out for any significant time.

I use overload for line 1, behind the net for line 2, crash the net for lines 3 and 4. Usually 3 and 4 players get hurt but I emphasize energy and blocking shots on those lines. plus lines 1 and 2 I have as more shooting than cycling.

As for my D I have my top pairing pretty aggressive my 2nd pretty mixed and my 3rd being more cautious.

I also do a collapsing style of defensive play style so shots have a hard time getting through and my players are always near the net to clear rebounds, I use that with a contain puck pressure so that I am almost never caught out of position from being too aggressive.

I use a 1-3-1 so I can pressure the breakout as well as have 3 players protect the blue line and have my last player down low in case the team tries to dump and chase.

In 1 league I am the Predators and I finished the season with the #1 Defense allowing a 2.01 GAA. Rinne was obviously a big reason for that, but in another league I was the Leafs and I traded for Brodeur and my D has been incredible since. With Brodeur compiling a 2.12 GAA in his first 23 games as a Leaf.

Pucker77 is offline   Reply With Quote